What is this forum for?
This forum is intended to be used as a tool for creators, to help you in creating excellent custom content for upload here at MTS. MTS strives to help everyone learn how to create high-quality uploads. Having new eyes on a project can help improve your work, even for experienced creators. For beginners, having experienced creators available to provide tips and hints can also be quite helpful.
How it works...
Creators Desiring Feedback:
To get feedback on your work, create a new thread in this forum. Make sure to give it a descriptive title, and post pictures of your work.
If you are creating a celebrity or character sim make sure to post comparison pics of the real person so people can offer tips on improving. Please, no "Who's this look like?" threads - guessing games are fun but they don't really help you improve your likeness.
If you're creating a sim from your own imagination, try posting comparison pics of your sim with and without content so people can help you work on your facial sculpt without content getting in the way.
If you're creating a house, make sure to provide all the floor plans, exterior views, and interior views you would include for an upload post, so people can see all of what you've made.
If you're working on a recolour or new mesh, make sure to provide nice close, big pics from a couple angles so people can see the detail of what you have created.
It may be helpful to you to treat your post like a test run for your upload thread - not only get feedback on your creation, but also make sure you have all the links and info you need for things like custom content credits, etc.
Then, just wait for replies. It may take several hours, or even several days. Please don't post to your thread again if nobody has replied to "bump" just it to the top of the forum. Other creators (of all experience levels), MTS moderators, and downloaders are welcome to comment, and will offer you tips, opinions, and suggested changes.
If you update your creation based on the suggested changes, you can thank the people who have commented, and post another reply on the thread with new pictures of your changes and updates.
Continuing in this manner (post pics, wait for comments, update your creation), you can use this forum to help you tweak your creation to perfection.
Delete your threads when done!
When you have gotten enough feedback and you are done and ready to post your creation, you should delete your thread. To do this, click the Edit button on your first post. Up at the top of the edit screen will be options to delete your message. Make sure to do this before you post your finished creation, so this forum will only have posts people actively want comments on.
If you see a thread you'd like to comment on, great! Just please remember to be kind, courteous, and helpful. Creators have feelings, just like anybody else. Constructive criticism does mean telling people how they should change what they've made to improve it, but it doesn't mean tearing down or insulting their work. It also means telling people what they've done right so they know what parts to keep!
What this forum is NOT for:
Limit on CFF threads
- Advertising upcoming creations. Please only post here if you want feedback for something you're intending to upload, not attention.
- Uploading your creations. You may attach pictures of your work, but please don't attach your actual upload (the sims2pack/sims3pack/package/sim files).
- Asking moderators about creator guidelines or troubles in uploading. Please use the Creator Issues forum for inquiries of that type.
- Asking moderators for more information on why an upload was rejected, or wanting clarification on what you need to change if you have gotten a Changes Required notice on an upload. Again, please use the Creator Issues forum for that.
- Complaining about your upload being rejected. Please don't take rejections personally - read the reasons and attempt to improve. Even MTS moderators have had creations rejected sometimes. You may post here if you have been rejected, only if you are looking to improve your creation to MTS standards. If you are not wishing to improve your creation based on the feedback you're given, don't post here.
So everyone has a chance to get some feedback on their work before it's bumped off the first couple pages, we have some reasonable limits in place:
- No more than 1 CFF thread per day
- No more than 3 CFF threads open total
We hope this forum will be helpful to everyone in creating excellent custom content for The Sims games. Have fun, be nice to each other, and let's see what you can make!