PDA

View Full Version : My families "stuck in time..." to say the least. SOLVED!

noiseofpoetry
6th Nov 2006, 4:14 AM
So, I built a house for one of my fav. families tonight, and it, of course, took me a majority of the night to build. When I went to play my family everything was fine...until my sims clock read 8:21. Now, my clock is stuck at 8:21 and my sims are just sort of standing there. If I try to make them do something (ie. hug, sit on the couch, call a sim...anything) it will pop up that they're supposed to do that, but they just stand there. They won't do anything. I've read several posts about it...tried moveobjects on and deleted them, saved the lot, and reloaded it, but still the same problem. I used no new objects or anything. I have no new mods either. Everything in my game has been there for some time now, so I don't feel as though that is my issue.

I'd try moving them out and then moving them back in...but, my issue is, I really don't want to have to re-build or re-furnish the house, nor do I want to have to re-make the family.

Any ideas of why they're "stuck?" What should I do?

I only have the base game and Nightlife. And as for mods...I use InTeeminator, other than that...let me know if there's more you need to know that may be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

...I was so excited to play my family. ::sighs:: :help:

julianarosalia
6th Nov 2006, 7:23 AM
First backup your entire My Docs/EA Games/Sims2 folder. Then go through all the steps in this faq: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718 . Please let us know how it goes.

noiseofpoetry
6th Nov 2006, 3:11 PM
First backup your entire My Docs/EA Games/Sims2 folder. Then go through all the steps in this faq: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718 . Please let us know how it goes.

I've already tried backing everything up and separating my downloads...even after doing that, the family is still stuck. And, it's only that family. All my others are working. And I used no cheats, or hacks, or objects that haven't already been used several times.

That was one of the possible resolutions I saw while searching the boards, but had no luck.

But thanks for your idea. :p

Silly Sims. :cry:

Smonaff
6th Nov 2006, 3:52 PM
Try enabling testing cheats (Ctrl-shift-c and type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled True) and see if there are any errors occuring.

noiseofpoetry
6th Nov 2006, 4:27 PM
Try enabling testing cheats (Ctrl-shift-c and type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled True) and see if there are any errors occuring.

I've never used boolProp cheats because everything I've read says to use caution...but, because you told me exactly what to do, and because you seem to know much more than me, I did it..and an error did show...it was with a bookcase, that, I had actually never used. But had it downloaded for quite some time. It was a "bad gosub tree number" so I just deleted the bookcase---because it gave me the option to delete it or refresh it, or whatev. And nothing changed when I did the refresh, but when I deleted it my clock started again and my people moved::yay::Maybe other people had the same problem? It was from a moroon and gray set...that included a balck and white picture, maroon and grey couch, maroon and gray chair, and the bookcases that was causing the problem---grey and maroon.

What's the error mean?

Anyways, thank-you so much for your help.

After I figured out the problem I typed the cheat in again and used "false" instead of "true..."does that turn the cheat off? Am I set to play now?

Smonaff
6th Nov 2006, 4:50 PM
I thought it must be something causing an error from the way you described it. When you don't have testing cheats enabled the game handles any errors that occur, and just as you did the first time it chooses the reset option, which in most cases solves the problem at least temporarily, but in the case of your bookcase the problem wasn't solved and the game just kept resetting it over and over, which is what caused the major slow down. The error that you received is typical of and object that requires an EP that you don't have. And yes, false turns the cheat off.

noiseofpoetry
6th Nov 2006, 5:39 PM
I thought it must be something causing an error from the way you described it. When you don't have testing cheats enabled the game handles any errors that occur, and just as you did the first time it chooses the reset option, which in most cases solves the problem at least temporarily, but in the case of your bookcase the problem wasn't solved and the game just kept resetting it over and over, which is what caused the major slow down. The error that you received is typical of and object that requires an EP that you don't have. And yes, false turns the cheat off.

Thanks for all your help :turtle:

Smonaff
6th Nov 2006, 6:08 PM
You're welcome. Just remember that whenever your game does strange things you can always use testing cheats to see if there's some kind of error occuring so you'll have and idea of what is causing the problem, also if the error is caused by something you downloaded you can let the creator know so they can fix the problem.

simsample
6th Nov 2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks Smonaff- Numenor wrote a guide for this too:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198229

Smonaff
7th Nov 2006, 1:51 AM
Yeah, I saw it the other day, and was thinking it's something that everyone should read.