PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant pets

Wootskies
11th May 2008, 1:26 AM
Can cats try for kittens in the mac version? I saw a question about cat pregnancy on the general game play board. Thanks. :blink:

simsample
11th May 2008, 7:59 PM
Yes, it's the same game as the PC version except ported for Mac.

Wootskies
11th May 2008, 8:50 PM
I didn't see "Try for Kitten" anywhere and since I can't control their behavior I'm not sure how to go about it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks. :|

Yes, it's the same game as the PC version except ported for Mac.

HystericalParoxysm
11th May 2008, 9:20 PM
You will need:

- A male and female dog, or male and female cat. You can check the gender on the relationship panel - it shows on the animal's portrait.
- The pets you want to breed to have a high daily and lifetime relationship with each other.
- The pets you want to breed to have a high daily and lifetime relationship with the sim who will command them to breed.
- A doghouse (even for cats)

Once you have all this you should be able to direct your sim to tell one of the pets involved to try for kitten/puppy with the other pet. It'll trot off, find the other pet, and then they'll both go to the doghouse together. The door will close, it'll rock, there'll be fireworks, and any sims in the vicinity will cheer. If it results in a pregnancy, you'll hear a lullabye like you do for sims. I think pet pregnancies take two days - they won't get fat.

simsample
11th May 2008, 10:07 PM
You will need:

- A male and female dog, or male and female cat. You can check the gender on the relationship panel - it shows on the animal's portrait.
- The pets you want to breed to have a high daily and lifetime relationship with each other.
- The pets you want to breed to have a high daily and lifetime relationship with the sim who will command them to breed.
- A doghouse (even for cats)

Plus you need room in the family; if you have too many people/ pets or one of the sims/ animals is pregnant you may not be able to try for kittens/ puppies.

Wootskies
12th May 2008, 2:10 AM
Excellent, thanks for the instructions! I'm off to breed kittens:)

Wootskies
13th May 2008, 9:26 AM
Thanks for the fertility expertise! I now have 3 beautiful kittens! Now how do I buy them collars? I couldn't find any pet stores in the shopping area, perhaps I missed it?

Regards from Gaia, Octavia and Ptolomy.

simsample
13th May 2008, 5:37 PM
Aww, cute kittens! There should be a pet shop in your lots and houses bin. If not then you can just build your own!