PDA

View Full Version : Names for sims (first and last)!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Annette_SC
9th Sep 2008, 11:17 PM
My newest family: Thornberry

Mom: Andreya
Dad: Micah

Oldest twin sons: Jordan & Thomas
Middle twin sons: Andrew & Mackenzie
Finally got their little girl: Fiona

Bethyy
9th Sep 2008, 11:57 PM
For boys it's always generally the same; Hunter, Elliott, Henry, Calob, Cameron, Taylor. Mostly modern.

For girls I like boys names, so usually; Henri, Elliott, Jamie, Baily. OR weird names; Kennah, Kayla, Kenzi. I can't remember anymore. As for last names I like colours; Brown, Green, White, Black.

Just recently I made my Alien Legancy, in which I completely made up the names; Bethal, Kalob, Payton and Zanda.

Destinita
10th Sep 2008, 5:02 AM
I'm thinking of making Bella, Edward, Emmett and the whole vampire family :D

Lilla Myy_SC
11th Sep 2008, 7:09 PM
Favourite first names at the moment: África, Helga, Marcos, Anni, Sara, Alex
Last names I like to use: DontWorryBeHippy, StarvingArtist (I know, I know :laugh:)

Destinita
11th Sep 2008, 8:39 PM
Cute last names. Makes me ponder ._. whee.

jforman
14th Sep 2008, 8:42 PM
The first two I created were Julie and David, after my husband and I. ;-) Our kids are Olivia, Avery (girl), Alvin (adopted), Jonah, and Noah. Olivia has a daughter named Freya (her and her husband have knowledge aspiration, so I tried to pick something semi-intelligent. Freya is a Norse goddess). Avery has a daughter by Daniel Pleasant named Zaida, and Alvin has a son named Orlando.

I try not to use the same name more than once, so I keep a list of names I plan to use the next time someone has a baby. Although, sometimes I can tell that their personality wouldn't pick any name on my list, so then I just use whatever comes to me.

Boys:
Jude
Niels (this will be Olivia's son)
Micah
Sven
Lucius
Dominic
Owen
Mason
Roman

Girls:
Bryn
Rosalie
Roz
Alanis
Ingrid
Zula
Emma
Sophia
Sadie
Eva
Esme
Rowan
Sage

Destinita
15th Sep 2008, 3:19 PM
I thought Rowan was a boy's name? o-O

Oh wait, i'm stereotyping teehee. I thought of Rowan Atkinson haha.

Cyjon
15th Sep 2008, 4:52 PM
Nervous Subject set out to have 10 kids and named his sons after diseases and his daughters after poisons. So we had the boys Anthrax, Gangrene, Ebola, Cholera and the girls Hemlock, Arsenic, Cyanide, Strychnine, Curare.

I like to give twins linked names (twins probably hate that in real life). Vidcund's alien twins were Luke and Leia. General Buzz's sons by his second wife were Smith and Wesson. I had a sim named Ariel who planned to name her daughter Melody of course; when she got twin daughters she went with Melody and Harmony.

gneas
28th Sep 2008, 3:16 AM
I've also made a list of the names I plan to use. :D

Though my favorite name is Jacob, I have three Jacobs running around.

Boys:
Erich
Heinrich
Siegfried
Lucas
Jorgen
Matthias
Jagger

Girls:
Anna Sue
Rosaleen
Jezebel
Rebecca
Eloise
Hilde
Frida

Hellosunshine
28th Sep 2008, 3:19 AM
When it comes to names, i'm really uncreative. I have a tendency to always want to give my sims the last name of, "Johnson", no idea why. Though I recently discovered that i love the name Norah, so I named one of my sims Norah, and her last name was Dawson.

Dozo_SC
28th Sep 2008, 3:24 AM
I have a huge list of male names I love, the female list doesn't really match up but if I can remember...

Last names

Keenan
Woodburn
Cooke
Ship

And any others that come along really.

Male names

Jetson
Flint
Rocket
Diesel
Jonas
Radar
Sat
Beau
Van
Kershaw
Laney
Jack
Hunter
Yellow
Crumb

Female Names

Indiana
Billy
Tail
Spriket
Blue
Indigo
Jamima

That's all I can remember at this moment in time.:cowboy:

MacHeadMandi
28th Sep 2008, 5:22 AM
My current legacy family is the Francis family, who I am slowly falling in love with. My founder was Olivia, and her townie husband is Shaun. They had three boring children who I gave equally boring names: Andrew, Joseph, and Charlie. Charlie had a tragic ~accident~ in college and died, and Joseph is rotting in the family bin. Andrew, my heir, married townie Robin McClellan, whose name I am not fond of. They had quads, two boys and two girls, whose names I think are fabulous: Piper, Parker, Peyton, and Preston. Keeping with my "preppy" P theme, I think I'm going to name the next baby(s) Prescott or Pryce for a boy and Penelope for a girl :]

JanePstar
11th Oct 2008, 1:02 AM
Emily
Rachel
Sam
Max
Katy
Riley
Eva
Lea
Leo
Liam
Daisy
Rose

Last names

Charlie
Charles
Brown
Grissom
Wasker
Vanantwerp
Adams
Shevy
Affler

FuryFanFiction
19th Oct 2008, 3:46 AM
I use the name "Serenity" way too much. I love it though. It is one of my favorites.

I don't really have any favorite boy names.

Dinosaure
25th Oct 2008, 8:16 PM
Last names:
Bousier
McLovin' XD
May

Girl names:
Eliza
Juno
June
Bella
Sara
Anneli
Sille

Boy names:
Edward
Ron
Harry
Sirius
Alex
Andy

Sneebs_SC
25th Oct 2008, 8:49 PM
I tend to just look at a random object and name my sims after that...

Hence I have sims named Cat, Green and Carpet...

Yes... how strange...

Kusama
29th Oct 2008, 5:27 PM
I search through my English textbooks and workbooks and then make a list of names :D
About the last names - I think these of, but trying realistic ones.

Ferret II
29th Oct 2008, 5:46 PM
I love this website (http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/category-gothic-names.html) at the moment, mostly because you can search through categories and sex so it doesn't take long to find a name!

Kusama
29th Oct 2008, 5:53 PM
This is really good, especially if you make specific culture families! I don't, however.

novemberlove_SC
29th Oct 2008, 5:57 PM
I use that website very often too, Ferret. I mostly name my sims based on their ethnicity, so I just google name sites based on that (such as asian name sites, hindu name sites, etc.). There's no favorite name of mine, and I try not to repeat them :)

negneg189
6th Nov 2008, 5:10 AM
I'm all for one with... pretty but unusual names :)
As far as first names for girls, that is. I am horribly boring when it comes to last names and naming my baby boys.

Girls;;

Skye
Ava
Avery
Shayla
Nira
Callie
Gussie

Guys;;

Chace
Skylar
Tyler
Walker
Hunter
Brandon
Quinn

Last names;;

Farrow
Leon
Herteu
Walker

I'm going to start using some of the names you guys have posted though, they are so unique!

summerkelsa
6th Nov 2008, 7:28 AM
I love using quirky names. I've never had a Brad or Nicole. Not that there's anything wrong with those names. I just like 'em strange.

male
Thane
Coe
Cash
Kupe
Bode
Bodene
Enzo
Sonny
Slevin
Terris
Milo
Reno
Ché
Maleko
Levi
Marek
Chogan

female
Shy
Tui
Lani
Sienna
Diem
Dawn
Collie
Yindi or Yindi Pearl
Ollie
Mieke
Dela
Ren or O-Ren
Owai
Nona
Rua
Shoney
Tirrike
Lux
Lulu

surnames
Kelevra
Ochoa
Cattanach
Matsuo
Pataka
Fletcher
Bristow
Sembera
Santiago
Mapua
Skarsgard
Latu
Cortéz
So'oialo

MizzGin03
7th Nov 2008, 7:31 PM
Even though they can't have middle names, I've started giving my sims 2 names. I only have girl names thus far (no boy babies yet :().

Kori Rae

Twins
Gabriella Elise
Raphiella Jelise

thatsfancy
7th Nov 2008, 7:40 PM
Haha I have a cousin named Corie Rea.
I always add my sims middle names in their sim's bio.

JustANewbie
29th Nov 2008, 2:57 PM
Dad-Carlson Pinklehaven
Mother-Celsi Pinklehaven
Children-Charles Pinklehaven
Christopher Pinklehaven
Chelsea Pinklehaven

girlboheme
1st Dec 2008, 2:45 AM
I like to use names that match the nationalities of the characters I've made.

I play two families at the moment, Messi and Brylle

Surname: Messi (Argentine)
Dad: Leo
Mom: Aimee
Kids: Aria, Franco, Valentin, Beatriz, Pilar, Sergio, Milagros, Rafael, Cesar, Inez, Julieta, Luca

--------------------------------
Surname: Brylle (Danish)
Dad: Christian
Mom: Zahra
Kids: Iris, Caspar, Emil

--------------------------------
I also like to take the townies and both change their appearance and then their names, so I have the following:

Nicolau Almaguer
Erik Hesgaard
Rein Saari
Jamie MacDowell
Nasrin Bakul
Evangeline Otto
Amberleigh Kauffman
Dimitri Gallo
Michael Vo
Lona Kelly
Edam Tannoudji
Jodhi Alcantarad
Paavo Luukkonen

Other names:
Candace and Jelani Hughes
Patrick O'Shaughnessy
Sadie Thomas
Tomi Oshiro
Sammy Eto'o

Making names for the Sims is one of my favorite parts :anime:

SofieAmalieN
1st Dec 2008, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=girlboheme]I Surname: Brylle (Danish)

Brylle? That's not a common Danish Lastname... I've never heard of it. And I'm Danish. If you'd had wanted a common Danish lastname you would go for:

Nielsen
Petersen
Pedersen
Madsen
Hansen
Poulsen
Søndergaard
Nørgaard

Or something like that.

Here's a link for Danish Lastnames (http://kindo.com/index.php/dk/surname/)

broo_SC
1st Dec 2008, 2:14 PM
I Surname: Brylle (Danish)

Brylle? That's not a common Danish Lastname... I've never heard of it. And I'm Danish.

Accourding to this (http://kindo.com/index.php/dk/surname/Brylle.html/) page it is the 829 most popular surname in Denmark :D My mom is Polish but whenever I tell that to someone from Poland they ask what's her last name is and then try to convince me it's not Polish, just because they have never heard it before :D

SofieAmalieN
1st Dec 2008, 4:54 PM
Accourding to this (http://kindo.com/index.php/dk/surname/Brylle.html/) page it is the 829 most popular surname in Denmark :D My mom is Polish but whenever I tell that to someone from Poland they ask what's her last name is and then try to convince me it's not Polish, just because they have never heard it before :D
"There are 154 Brylles in Denmark which makes it the 829 most popular surname"

There's only 5,5 million people in Denmark. And 154 - that's not a lot of people, so it isn't a very common lastname in Denmark :)
My lastname however is really common: "There are 8281 Nørgaards in Denmark which makes it the 50 most popular surname"

:) :D Just pointing it out :) Merry Christmas!

girlboheme
2nd Dec 2008, 3:50 AM
[QUOTE=girlboheme]I Surname: Brylle (Danish)

Brylle? That's not a common Danish Lastname... I've never heard of it. And I'm Danish. If you'd had wanted a common Danish lastname you would go for:

Nielsen
Petersen
Pedersen
Madsen
Hansen
Poulsen
Søndergaard
Nørgaard

Or something like that.

Well, actually, Christian is a real person. He's Danish, from Copenhagen. Since the sim is of him, I didn't change his name. Same with Leo Messi. He's actually a Football player, though. Thanks for the link, though, I may use that in the future :D

southy
2nd Dec 2008, 3:58 AM
Well I've never used this name but in the "pictures" forums, in one of the weddings pics threads, I saw someone had named one of their sims "Cake Tiers"... I laughed so hard at that, it was just so funny and ingenious.. So whoever came up with that name, hats off to ya!

Nissun_
3rd Dec 2008, 2:53 PM
(my first post in some time, it's great to be back!)

I wanted to ask about "Eden". It's a femenine name, right? It sounds femenine even in spanish, and it's a masculine noun (lol, I know, doesn't make any sense). I wanted to ask if it would sound silly meeting a guy named Eden, or it would be just "a bit unusual, but it works".

I don't know what the reaction would be in spain, i've never heard of anybody with that name, woman or man.

I love the sound of that word, and I'd like to be sure.

Kokoro-Akita
6th Dec 2008, 3:05 PM
My sims always end up with random names made up on the spot. I went through a phase of using anime charecters names, also im terrible at thinking up male names cause i rarely make them. As for last names whatever pops up at the time lol.

plez2k8
9th Dec 2008, 1:59 PM
I'm a big sports fan, so I tend to use last names of collegiate and professional athletes. Since they come from various parts of the world nowadays, I've been able to come with a diverse mix. Also, now that I'm becoming more comfortable with SimPE, I've changed the names of some of the townies. Mostly this was for matching ethnic first names with corresponding last names; for example, Downtownie Luc Tan is now named Luc Altidor (two French names). I've also changed the last names of most unrelated Sims with the same name...

melethana
9th Dec 2008, 10:07 PM
I try not to duplicate first names, even in separate 'hoods, but I just realized that I have 3 sims named Claudia! 2 named for Claudia from "Interview with a Vampire" and one named for Claudia from "The Babysitters' Club"

[EDIT] oh and here are some of the names I am most pleased with
I have the Beeblebrox family.
Zaphod and his wife Trillian, their sons Arthur and Ford, daughters Random and Fenchurch. Trillian is pregnant right now, and I think the baby will be Eddie, and I just decided to get them a servo and call it Marvin.
The only servo I currently have active is another good name, R. Daneel

hmmm, I just NOW realized that I get a lot of names from books! :doh

Mayo550
11th Dec 2008, 7:50 AM
I cant look up for names in a phonebook cuz they wouldn't be english names, it would all be weird names like Lee Ying Fong, or something like that (i live in asia), so everytime I watch a movie I get a notepad and write down all the interesting names in the credits.

If I dont do that I usually come up with really corny names like Summer Beauty, Wendy White.... stuff like that.. lol.

I once named a sim Harvey but i forgot his last name was Harper.. So it became a really corny name.. Harvey Harper. hahahahah

fakepeeps7
15th Dec 2008, 11:11 PM
I like to keep track of my generations, so I name my Sims alphabetically. Alien kids get named something astronomical or astrological (like Betelgeuse or Capricorn) and Plant Sims have nature names (like Dandelion or Hyacinth)... but in keeping with the alphabetical theme as well.

I get a lot of my names from baby name sites. That's probably the easiest.

drallab_mas
16th Dec 2008, 3:05 AM
My favorite names tend to be Lily & Violet for girls and Micah and Jacob for boys. I have waaaay too many of them, in like every 'hood.

Last names usually lean towards normal, common names like Carson and Smith n stuff.

Oh, and I tend to make names of people in books that I read, or shows/movies that I watch. Such as Bella & Edward (Twilight), or Bill & Sookie (True Blood). Although I love the names Bella and Sookie just in general...

seriouscookie
16th Dec 2008, 10:28 PM
I like geeky/sciencey names, especially for knowledge sims. I have a family with the surname Kronos. They have four children so far. The twins are Hawking (boy) and Curie (girl), then two single-birth daughters: Kaku and Apogee. I have another knowledge sim named Cephei Prion.

I have another family with *ian* in their names. The parents are Jian and Kian, the children are Devian, Nilian and Norian (twins).

Basically, I name my sims things I think would be cool to name my own kids but that I'd never actually would go through with doing.

kishashante
16th Dec 2008, 11:06 PM
I usually end up using names that So the sims i'm currently playing are:

Shante who is married to Robert Pattinson ( my tribute to the actor )
their son, Quinoa and their currently invitro daughter Xian.

I have a family dedicated to one of my favorite book series The Black Dagger Brotherhood:

Wrath who is married to Beth
Rhage who is married to Mary
Zsadist who is married to Bella
Butch who is married to Marissa
Vishous who is married to Jane
Phury, Zsadist's twin who is married to Cormia
Rehvenge
Tohrment
John Matthew

No kids, cause theyre technically vampires who usually die during pregnancy and childbirth.

phasha18
16th Dec 2008, 11:14 PM
For girls I usually use:
Bella, Belle, Anabelle, Tayla, Rose, Kali, Allie & Lillie, Ryan.
Yes, I know Ryan is a boys name but I like it for girls too.

For boys it's usually:
Jacob, Jackson, Bryan, Brady, Ayden, Samuel.

Last names I use weird ones like Pen, pencil etc. Sometimes normal/common ones.

broo_SC
18th Dec 2008, 5:15 AM
"There are 154
There's only 5,5 million people in Denmark. And 154 - that's not a lot of people, so it isn't a very common lastname in Denmark :)

I'm not saying it's very popular, I'm saying that it does exist and is indeed Danish.
Nevermind..

emmaline
4th Jan 2009, 2:59 PM
For girls I love --}
- Emme (pronounced Emmy)
- Roxie
- Nathel (pronounced Natelle)
- Jordyne
- Mya
- Clara
- Rosie

For boys I love --}
- Teddy
- Graham
- Lexington
- Oliver
- Penn
- Henri

Sometimes "mundane" names are good too, but I adore unique names like these.

Sta_r_obin
4th Jan 2009, 4:41 PM
I love naming my people after Greek and Roman mythology. I also have a habit of looking for a random word in my room and naming them that (Delta after an airline ticket, Matte after a kind of tape).

kyth
4th Jan 2009, 5:55 PM
right now, I've decided to work with a medieval hood I call Little Elizabetha and my one family (hey, one family can turn into many with three kids) is the Bastion family and they live in. . .Bastion Manor. I've been working on this house for four days now (it's hard to do with work and such)

denija15
18th Jan 2009, 12:26 AM
What are your favourite names that you tend to use a lot in your game? What are the names of your favourite families, and your legacy family? Do you have any cute themes that you use?
Heather O'Rourke

Valerie_SC
18th Jan 2009, 12:59 AM
I think I probably use Delilah/April a lot in the game. Last names, they are always different.

I hope somewhere in the future I'll have completely different names and have a big generation with a great interesting history :P

Valerie :duck:

Deuling
1st Feb 2009, 6:53 PM
I used to have a problem steering away from names beginning with J alot, so there were a lot of johns janes jennys and jacks. Surnames, well, a lot of smiths and O'Riordans (my surname, lol). Now, there are a lot more names, so there might be "Smithe" and "Genny" now. lol, that would be weird: "Jenny smith, meet Genny Smithe... oh dear... glad I used surnames..." lol...

Miv_SC
1st Feb 2009, 7:43 PM
For Aliens I named them the planet

Mercury
Venus
Mars
Earth etc.

And here are some regular names

Girls:
Candace
Ava
Jamie
Vivian
Mia
Emma
Carmen
Consuela
Hazel
Rosa
Rosalina
Rosalie
Zuri
Valentina

And some irregular names for girl, I used to make my African-Asian-European family etc.

Chandiele (Shan-Dee-Ell)
Sueralie (Sore-Ay-Lee)
Devskraa (Devs-Krah)
Qunira (Ku-Nee-Ruh)
Zycatrine (Zicka-Treen) sounds like a drug lol
Wilzvenuo (Wills-Vain-Now)
Tchilar (Shil-Larr)
Aycavoracia (Ay-Cav-or-ay-shuh)
Heanittiera (Hin-Nitt-Terra)
Zomanitariarmi (Zoe-Mannit-air-re-arr-me)

And for boys, regular names

Laurence
Aiden
Derick
Derik
Deric
Xavier
Joshua (Biblical names rule)
Cyrus

Fancy names now

Viyulo (Vi-Yule-Low)
Txenapto (Sklenap-toe)

i make more girls regularly then boys

Manga_Moon
1st Feb 2009, 8:47 PM
Not so much a names list but some naming tips. Sure a single name 'John' or Rebecca' would suit some Sims, but have you thought about mixing names to create a first name and a middle name, or a hyphened name? Here are some examples;

Lily-Mae
Beccy Lou(ise)
John William
Lawrence-Adam

And here are some of my favourite in-game Sim names

Girls;
Sharney
Lily Rose
Colette
Jordin
Mary-Ann
Shirley Marie
Fearne
Jamaica
Victoria Rose
Lucy
Rhianne

Boys;
Hugh
Hayden Lee
Anthony James
Darwin
Curtis
Patrick-Joe
David Steven

Kaitlin_SC
2nd Feb 2009, 12:48 PM
Not so much a names list but some naming tips. Sure a single name 'John' or Rebecca' would suit some Sims, but have you thought about mixing names to create a first name and a middle name, or a hyphened name? Here are some examples;

Lily-Mae
Beccy Lou(ise)
John William
Lawrence-Adam

And here are some of my favourite in-game Sim names

Girls;
Sharney
Lily Rose
Colette
Jordin
Mary-Ann
Shirley Marie
Fearne
Jamaica
Victoria Rose
Lucy
Rhianne

Boys;
Hugh
Hayden Lee
Anthony James
Darwin
Curtis
Patrick-Joe
David Steven

I make up strange middle names
Girls:
Victoria Thorbjorg
Charlotte Hildur
Rosalyn May

Boys:
William Finnur

anhellica_SC
3rd Feb 2009, 5:32 AM
For Aliens I named them the planet

Mercury
Venus
Mars
Earth etc.

My main Strangetown family is the green-skinned spawn of Stella Terrano from the Uni EP and I've named them all after deities. There's Artemis, Athena, Ariadne, Ceres, Isis, Loki, Odin, Thor and Zeus. Athena in turn ended up having an alliterative brood with Conrad, a Uni townie. Their kids are Carrie, Kip, Tim, Caleb and Katie. Yes, one of those things is not like the other. Classic middle child syndrome. All this to say that I like thematic naming too, but not always, and that I'm a sucker for alliteration (Tim's full name is Tim Terrano).

F1erce
5th Feb 2009, 10:13 PM
I once had a romance sim named Ivana Humpalot, if that helps.

Good times, good times.

ArkOrb
8th Feb 2009, 9:40 PM
My sim, whose Im using for my legacy, is caleld Henri Du Card. I dont know where it came from, but I know Du Card was the alias that Ra's Al Ghul went by in Batman Begins. I think Henri is meant to be a french sim, or he had rather weird parents.

Erica152
20th Feb 2009, 3:12 AM
Can I get someone's opinion on the spelling of two of my sim daughters names Rychelle and Terynn... are those spellings way too weird or cute? I also have Emily and Jason but I like names with y's in them :)

seriouscookie
20th Feb 2009, 5:16 AM
Ok, let me see if I can do an accurate run-do of my legacy tree.
Founder Genesis Genome married townie Autumn Ng
had 6 kids:
Primero
Xian
Niala
Calisto
(Adopted) Hayden
finally
Mihael

I chose 2 heirs - Xian and Mihael.
Xian got married to bartender Amy Bertino but I clicked wrong so now he (and their subsequent children) have Bertino instead of the legacy name Genome.
Xian and Amy have three children:
Genndy Bertino
Isis Bertino
and Helix Bertino (So as you can see, we're going with theme of genetics and research for that family.)
Oldest son and spare, Primero Genome married Ivy Copur
Three kids: Thane, Rex, and Herald. (Royal titles.
Mihael Genome married Kaylyyn Langerack who took his name. Their son's name is Jax.
Then we have ... crappity, it's late, and there really are a hoard of these Genomes and Bertinos.And G3 is just now being born.
But yeah, everyone in the hood seems to be named Genome, Bertino, or Gilscarbo ... (it was the best Callisto could expect.)
Niala's married to a retired sports star, they've got two kids, boys. The oldest one, Gates, just married one of the hobby mavens.

DigitalMonster
20th Feb 2009, 9:36 PM
These are only a few of my favorites.

Male:
Cobalt
Onyx
Axle
Carter
Bruno
Blaine

Female:
Luna
Dawn
Mimi
Sora
Bianca
Serenity

Last:
Browne
Campbell
Cordez
Fox
Palmer

<3Jenny<3
21st Feb 2009, 3:29 PM
For boys I tend to use Finn/Finnian and Blake a lot.

For girls I use Blair and Amelia/Mia, and for last names I tend to use McKenzie, Cole or Martin, which is kind of weird because I know absolutely no one with those last names, yet I use them all the time.

Anebrd
24th Feb 2009, 3:23 AM
I am doing the The Xenophilia Challenge. I named the daddy Snowy White and all his children are names after days of the week.

ashilieee_x3
24th Feb 2009, 3:35 AM
for last names i look under info on my TV and find a nice one to use, the last one i used happened to be Dugan.

Some girl names i play are

Gwen
Elani
Kara
Moriah
Bayleigh
Brooke
Ava
Alana
Norah
Gia
Shannon

Boys names i use alot
Matthew
Christopher
Nicholas
Brandon
Noah
Kaleb
Blake
Landon
Aiden
Corey
Kyle
Mark
Brian

lizzylovebird
25th Feb 2009, 10:53 PM
My Legacy names so far are Annie, Kennedy, Birdie, Bethany, Beatrice and Betsy Burden. o.o I try to make all my names different...I don't like using the same name twice in the neighborhood. There's one named Toray West.

ceegamus_SC
27th Feb 2009, 2:51 AM
I always have the Wilder Household, consisting of father Dean, mother Alanna, (teen)son Chris, and sometimes a child daughter Allegra.

For males, I have:

Xavior
Jebediah
Vahn
Nicholas (never Nick, always Nicholas)
Nikolai
James (Jim, Jimmy)
Dean
Chris
Psymon
Adrian
Mackenzie (Mac, Mack)
Jacob (Jake)
Jay

For teh wimmenz:

Katia
Kayleigh
Alanna
Allegra
Zoe (Zoey)
Nikki
Joyce
Jayne-Ann
Adrienne
Kelley
Kori (Corey, Kory)
Erin

For last names, I generally try to stick to something relevant:

L'Amante is a romance sim.
Iszap is a slob.
Bello is pleasure
Aktiba is active.

I also use Smith, Brown, Wilder, Sauvagess, Tilley, King, Walker.

northen_light36
28th Feb 2009, 1:35 AM
I use the names from characters in my novels-in-progress/planning.

Acqua Ronoh
Alethia Ronoh
Amaro Melissan
Talon Veatherfall
Echo Shadowpaw
Mat Sanderson

Gen two is always,
Aria Melissan (Amaro's daughter)
Bas Shadowpaw (Echo's daughter)
Pas Shadowpaw (Echo's son, Bas' twin)
Spice Veatherfall (Talon and Alethia's son)
Crentha Veatherfall (Talon and Alethia's daughter)
Loki Veatherfall (Talon and Alethia's son)
Robin Sanderson (Acqua and Mat's son)
Letha Sanderson (Robin's twin sister)

Goofy125_SC
15th Mar 2009, 12:15 PM
Best female names :
Elissa
Taylor
Dido
Rihanna
Ciline
(you can see that all of them are Celeb's names :p (Elissa is a lebanese singer)

Best Male names :
Mohamad
Akon
Tony
Josh
Goerge
Lasly

Family Names
Swift
Armstrong
Koury

Thats all ....

gennaia
16th Mar 2009, 10:24 PM
For Girls:
Bethie
Chandra
Tilly
Jane
Janina
Margot

And Boys:
Seth
Mari
Nate
Darren
Harry

Nonnisi
17th Mar 2009, 5:08 AM
Girl Names
Jasmine
Sarah
Haley
Abigail
Jenovieve
Ginny
Jaime
Animi
Valorie

Boy Names
Rayton
Serius
Jake
John
Jason
Adhuc
Jack
Remus

Family Names
Raytown
Gentry
Shaddy
Black
Bass
Bastin
Baker
Bostin
Bartosh

fireflyastori
21st Mar 2009, 12:39 AM
I like names I've seen as characters in or in the credits of my favorite BBC shows. Occasionally, I use people I know in real life (I know a set of twins named Emily and Malia, so I named twin girls after them) or the rare Japanese name (Midori has green hair and eyes, thus the name).

I tend to name my pets after video game, Star Trek, LoTR, Harry Potter, or Jurassic Park characters, at least when it comes to cats and dogs. All birds or womrats are named after members of the Beatles, Hanson, Backstreet Boys, or NSync.

Current surnames: Roberts, Humphleet, Goodfellow, and Hooper

Current male names: David, Elliot, Gareth, Sebastian, Ezekial, Ianto, Owen, Abraham, Donnie, Robin, Jake, Chris, Charles Wallace, Edmund, Damien, Wilf, Rupert, Liam

Current female names: Emily, Malia, Gwinna, Rose, Rosemary, Tyler, Jeremie, Ariel, Erie, Midori, Florence, Frances, Amelia, Jordan, Tenma, Hope, Hannah, Anastacia, Harriet, Freida, Lillium, Grace, Piper, Willow, Olivia

Current favorite: Freida Goodfellow. She's a punky elf-girl who is beautiful with her black Buddy Holly glasses, goth corset dress with armwarmers, and a blue mohawk. She wants to become a rockstar later in life and she loves her new kitten, Onion.

BlueJalepeno_SC
21st Mar 2009, 6:39 PM
In my naming themes I start by finding out the heritage of the parent's names.
For example I will take Brandi and Gilbert (American and English), then if they were to have a kid I would look for an American or English name starting with a B or a G (the first letter of the parent's names). In the info for this child, I would put the 'heritage,' which for them would be like: 50% English, 50% American. This get's really cool once you have a long ancestry, you will have unique mixes of cultures.

Names:
F;
Lullaby
Cosma
Clover
Blanche
Africa

M;
Alkaline
Noah
Misha
Knox
Barcelone
Abbott
Mattox

Crayola_SC
25th Mar 2009, 5:27 PM
I use tons of different names..
The top three girl names I like are Grace, Lilly & Beatrice.
The top three guy names I like are Travis, Alex & Ryan.

Random~Boom
27th Mar 2009, 12:15 AM
My favorite boy names are:
Blake Drake Liam Jonas Jake Tate Spencer Tyler Fred Kyle Chad Sam Noah

My favorite girl names are:
Taylor Juno Francis Delilah Kate Samantha Stephanie Mikayla Toni D'Versity

My favorite surnames are:
Vincent Greenman Fry Litton Skyler

SpeedingUpTheOctaves
29th Mar 2009, 12:59 AM
I usually use names of my rp characters or my girlfriend's rp characters. Like, my legacy's founder is an emo kid named Echo Smithson. Echo was the name of my girlfriend's extremely girly and gay roleplay character. Other than that, I don't have anyone, as I had to restart. D:

Bronzie_SC
29th Mar 2009, 3:36 AM
I like the names Emilea, Deirdre, Eliah, Calypso, Shaniya, and Jill for girls, and the names Donnie, Duncan, Dennis, Evan, Matt, Ashton, and Elton for boys.
As far as last names go, i like the names like Vande-Verde etc; like Ceinti-Volitre, and West-Long. I also like the names Charchuk, Valley, and Swite (like sweet).

lizzylovebird
29th Mar 2009, 3:44 AM
Deirdre is the name of my best friend! :) She'd be happy that you spelled it right...

I'm about to make a sim for a contest named Gabe Mifflin.

jforman
29th Mar 2009, 2:21 PM
I created a sim of my husband's ex-girlfriend for when I want to test something out (that way, if her whole life gets ruined, I don't have to worry about killing off a sim or anything!). Anyway, she just had a baby by the vampire Count Orlando Royce and I named her baby girl Pepita. ;-) No idea why, but I think it's hysterical.

Emma,
13th Apr 2009, 2:32 PM
I've made a new family just recently

Anna-Marie Spring - Female Child
Roxanna-May Spring - Female Child
Janine Spring - Female Adult
Domonique - Female Dog

And my two, non-screwed up families ;
Naomi Archer - Deceased Female Adult
? Archer (Forgot his name :O) - Male Adult
Anthony Archer - Adopted Male Adult

Thompson Family ;
Stacey Thompson - Elder Female
Armando Thompson - Adopted Male Child
? Thompson - Elder Male Deceased
Sadie Cameron/Thompson - Female Elder
Robert Thompson - Male Elder
Gwen Thompson (Soon to be Archer!) - Female Adult
Gordon Thompson - Male Child
Mike Thompson - Male Child
Lulu Thompson - Deceased Female Dog
Dara Thompson - Bird
Fish - Fish

It all began with ? and Stacey, they had Robert, who dropped out of college when he engaged Sadie. They had Gwen, who grew up to a teen. When Gwen was a little toddler, they got Lulu. Before Sadie and Robert grew into elders, they had twins, Mike and Gordon. Btw, Mike and Gordon have a MASSIVE room.

Babynerd_16_SC
16th Apr 2009, 5:05 PM
I have tried mutiple times to keep my names different but I always end up repeating myself. *sigh* Anyways my two favorite names are Elsie and Eric Finn.... I chose these names because they were my founders for a legacy I had going before my pc crashed :cry: Also i had this last name:
Rubblestichenstein

and this one

Applecordumm

and my favortie one

Furrlichentonobby
hahahaha funny I know

Nalia
17th Apr 2009, 1:17 AM
(Males) First:
Hiroyuki
Tatsuya
Yashamaru
Hitoshi
Hyoma
Koshiro
Nenki
Takeshi
Keni'chi
Kenji
Kojima
Yasu
Nobu
Hidetoshi
Ichiro
Daisuke
Norikazu
Fujio
Tenzen
Ichiro
Norihiro
Kumi
Yusuke
Shinji
Andy
Stephen

Last:
Tamura
Kobayashi
San
Yakushiji
Yamasaki
Naoki
Muroga
Kisaragi
Tanaka
Nakamura
Kitano
Fujiwara
Kutaragi
Miyano
Ishikawa
Yamaguchi
Seto

(Female) First:
Kagero
Akiko
Kiyoko
Haruko
Michiko
Sachiko
Kawamura
Tsuki
Ceci
Debora

It's my Jap neighbourhood with a single HK Chinese family. What did you expect? :p

There are also a female cat called Yoko and one male dog named Ran; plus a couple of FFVII characters and some kids given weird names like Shine, Snow, Moon, etc.

kiddO.
19th Apr 2009, 7:37 PM
So, i am from Switzerland but for a funny reason i only use english Names and i'm really angry about all NPCs with german Names. (I downloaded an english List, and if a NPC has a german surname, i ignore him, and my sims do the same, because i want them to not be friends with german named NPCs.) I just think, that english Names are much prettier. I mostly use common english Names, but because i have two Goth Families there are some uncommon Names in my Neighbourhood.

moon; october: ophelia: (eulalie);
belle; camilla: jonathan: tonya: ceylan: jessie:
reyes; anais: nathanael: tilly;
black; joshua: samantha: samara: bedelia: eulalie (adopted);
young; penelope: sabbath;
green; corey: tyreese: emmet; (no brothers, just living together)

I have some more, but i forgot the most of the blacks (they're actually a family i use as NPCs to give my Neighbourhood some Goth npcs.) and some other Family which also work as NPCs made by myself.

71michelle
21st Apr 2009, 4:19 AM
My Marla Biggs had twins i called Solar and Lunar, and i named one sim Carey, after Jim Carey. I actually think that makes a really nice first name now :-).
The first sims i ever made were called George and Vivian Goodheart, and Farrah Fortune. Corny names but great storylines. :howdy:

supersimoholic_SC
25th Apr 2009, 8:54 AM
I usually use really simple, common names like Emma, Tom, Amy, Joe, Stuff like that.

Special names are like -

Girls:
Violet
Jessica
Tiffany
Jennifer

Boys:
Haiden
Penryn
Kazuto (Kaz)

Last names are always really common too, like Park, Black, Baxster, Paulson ect...

*This is like, my first post on the site!! Yay!! ^^!!*

Gingerxyz
1st May 2009, 8:22 PM
I LOVE the name Emma, I've about ten Emma's in each neighbourhood!
Some of my other favourite girls names are Sophie, Katie, Emily and Lily.
I'm pretty unimaginative when it comes to boys names, most of them are called things like David, Harry, Mike, the occasional Jake. My neighborhoods are overpopulated with girls, partly because I find it so hard to come up with new girls names.

Raindrops757
1st May 2009, 8:30 PM
I've used all sorts of names for my sims, I also use the name Emma a lot and also Rebecca, Eva, Jake and Simon.

oathkeeper_x_SC
12th May 2009, 11:04 PM
I mostly get names from movies, games, books, ect. Pretty much have no imagination xD

Female:

Aislinn
Aoife
Valentina
Trinity
Annele
Taya
Heidi
Skye
Roxette
Piper

Males:

Denzel
Seth
Cale
Caleb
Ivan
Aiden
Shane
Ventus (Ven)
Rey
Jesse

For last names, I mostly look around and combine things or spell them in an appealing way. Like: Snoe, Spring, Locket.

My top ones are: Garnet, Haven, and Bastion.

Keri.ily
12th May 2009, 11:29 PM
The Girls

Tayah
Lena [mii name :D]
Keri
Shalia
Anisha
Laina
Serinity
Arata

Thee Boys :D [difficult but, mii favorite]

Aidian
Alhad
Mason
Malien
Cace
Keane
Cain [Ca-un]
Keegin

Last Namess :] [tehe]

Kalin
Shalm
Jikeln
Sawer
Shadini
Boliy
Chanit
Salem

Aren't they just wonderful? Gotta love random names :]

blackdaisies
14th May 2009, 6:58 PM
For fun, I like going through my spam folder and I just realized some of these names sound like Townies, lol. Game probably uses the same randomizing tool. :lol:

Kareem Mata
Karina Tiffanie
Oleg Ulich
Jeanette Koczak
Aldridge Cooper
Andrey Aristarchovich
Gus Seji
Lekisha Linderholm
Artur Timchenko
Reynaldo Finkle
Juan deJesus
Eduard Glebovich
Geri Saroop
Martina Angle
Bettie Mekari

I'm totally ripping off some of these names.

Piyokochanxoxo
14th May 2009, 7:29 PM
In my one and only cheat-free neighborhood, where my sims are actually random sims and NOT based off specific characters, the family I created consisted of Natanya, Kevin, Ryan, and Nora.

Nora married a townie named Trevor, and I left his name Trevor because I like it :3

Ryan married a townie named Suzanne, and I changed it to Suzy using the Sim Blender since Suzanne didn't seem preppy enough for the way she looked. xD

I plan on giving them three kids each, so I came up with two names of each gender for each family.
Nora and Trevor's future kids will be Zoe, Paige, Jacob, or Liam.
Ryan and Suzy's future kids will be Olivia, Lucia, Theodore, and Nicholas.

Tawny.
14th May 2009, 7:41 PM
All my little Sim Simmies get named after people I've met and my friends (or inspired by my friends!) Mostly because all my friends have such unique or pretty names :)

My favorite family my town founder Sim, Arizona Leinart (Leinart is my friend's last name!) She married Joe Carr and they had two kids, Seraphina Carr and Franklin Carr (Seraphina being one of my mom's good friend's names, Franklin being a random name I came up with.) And thanks to the risky woohoo patch (grumblegrumble) Arizona's preggo again. Not sure what I'll be naming the unexpected surprise though. LOL. I guess I'll wait until it's born.. Most the babies have been dark like Joe, and Arizona has the medium skin tone (#3 from the left). I'm thinking of Lorna for a girl and Johnathon for a boy..

L Lawliet_SC
14th May 2009, 10:33 PM
I usually get names from my two baby books, or I look up online naming sites there are alot of those out there. i like ones that tell you the origin and such as well.

danirawr_SC
15th May 2009, 8:52 AM
I like to write down names I see around the place, whether it be on TV or street signs. I compile them in a book and just check it whenever I feel like making a new family, or naming babies.

pck
15th May 2009, 10:11 AM
I normally use names i find on the internet from http://www.babynames.co.uk

As for last names, I usually use element/scientific names/things with abit of a twist, such as:
Kopper (instead of Copper)
Nikel (instead of Nickel)
Acsis (instead of Axis)

Twiggy13
16th May 2009, 5:15 PM
My favorite at the moment is the Rosseau family. The mom is Jacqueline, and the dad is Jonathan. They have three triplet toddler daughters, Celeste, Chloe, and Celia.

I like old-fashioned names, they just sound so pretty...

Olliepop
16th May 2009, 5:30 PM
I love randomness, so to get the best mix of interesting names I use this site: http://www.behindthename.com/random/.

It only does first and middle names, but a LOT of male first names also make good surnames. For instance, the completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) random founder of my BACC challenge hood is named Serafina Pyotr.

When I'm not being random, though, I find I use a lot of old fashioned names, especially ones that start with the letter "E."

Emma, Emmaline, Evangeline, Evelyn, Esme, Eliza, Elizabeth, Eric, Edward, Emmett, Elias, Elijah, Ezra...I lub them all :).

Ghost sdoj
16th May 2009, 6:23 PM
Oh, that's a cool site! Thanks!

llv
16th May 2009, 10:30 PM
I'm so lazy for names, i just pick a movie on imdb and use the cast names to my new sims XD

kisskissbangbang
16th May 2009, 10:40 PM
I tend to use a lot of T and C names. Callie, Calista, Tristan, etc. I just named a Sim I stole from my mom "Belladonna Nova." I know Belladonna is as cliche as can be, but I don't care. I sometimes use name sites. I like names from Literature too - Emma, Rebecca, Claudia, etc.

When I want a ridiculous name, I'll go to Baby's Named a Bad Bad Thing.

www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

71michelle
17th May 2009, 7:11 AM
I was listening to Blackadder when i made my last female sim, so i called her Rowan Atkinson. I think its a good name! -)

CAPSICUM Flower
20th May 2009, 2:18 PM
I can get really random with my names. Sometimes if it's something specific, I'll look up names in a baby book, or online.

For Example, I named my Black Widow Challenge sim Lucrezia Borgia. She has had three daughters so far, Leonara, Isabelle and Giovanna, who are all name after other members of the Borgia family.

For my Legacy family, I did The odyssey/iliad names.
Founder was Helen.
She had two kids, son Paris and daughter Andromache.
Andromache has one son named hector and is pregnant again.
Paris had two daughters, Cassandra and Briseas.
Briseas has three children so far, daughter Thetis, and twin sons Agamemnon and Menelaus.

Other names I just like are:

Girls:
Illona
Elizabeth
Annabelle
Li-Mei
Alexandria

Boys:
Alexander
Cale
Ryuuen

Great Name: Illona. I have only met one in my lifetime and she is my aunt.

darkannie
22nd May 2009, 11:27 AM
I always just go with the first name that pops into my head when the kid is born and I know what sex it is. Sometimes I'll mull over a name before it's born. I'm not much into themes with generational families. I tried that once and it went nowhere fast. So I just stick to strategies with every family I play. Like one was a peasant farmer family that made their money strictly off the land. Another family the strategy is that they are to find their own friends and lovers and I direct them in no way to meeting people, keeping the relationship going, OR satisfying their social or fun needs. That's currently the most fun family I'm playing right now, and though it's only 2 1/2 generations in, they're the only household I play. With ACR, they're more than capable of choosing for themselves who they love and have babies with and I've had quite a few very interesting and awesome things happen watching them making their own choices. Lots of facepalm and drama and eye-popping moments. And I've learned that sims are not quite as stupid as people think. And some do make and keep their own friendships rather than me directing them to do it all the time. In fact, my founder sim has 10 BFFs and were all sims that she's met, friended and maintained entirely on her own.

Eliyana
22nd May 2009, 1:44 PM
Hmm, well I have these characters every single time I create a neighbourhood.

Viola Levels
James Hawkins
Kate Mackenzie
Nathan (Nate) Scott

Here are some names I quite like;

Girls
Nabila
Ceinwyn
Morganna
Naela
Calline
Eliyana
Sabrine/Sabrina
Iseult
Nimue

Boys
Jean-Philippe
Ryker
Ryan
Josh
Jake/Jacob

bubble101
24th May 2009, 3:02 PM
GENERATION 1

Stella Terrano
Gordon Livingston
Spencer Fuchs

GENERATION 2

Jake Livingston
Rosie Livingston
Luther Livingston
Jade Livingston

GENERATION 3

Vanessa Rauscher (maiden name Livingston)
Berjus Rauscher
Rose Livingston
Alicia Rauscher (maiden name Livingston)
Davy Livingston
Shelley Livingston (maiden name Smith)

GENERATION 4

Andrew Livingston
Sarah Livingston
Alice Livingston
Rebecca Livingston

GENERATION 5

Alvin Livingston

parrot999
24th May 2009, 6:06 PM
Lets see...

-William Reed (Owns a bookstore)

-Bill Reed (Dog)

-Rachel Greenwood

-Herbert Greenwood

-Larson Greenwood (Cat)

-Ben Greenwood

-Claire Greenwood (Witch)

-Bernard Greenwood (Cat)

-Also there is this bartender, who knows everyone that I renamed Guinan (From Star Trek TNG) using SimPE.

zoe.11
25th May 2009, 9:38 AM
In my game i use a lot of one name twice. So when i walk past another sim, or want to talk to another sim, usually i find that their name is the same as the sim that i am playing with at that moment. I like to use simple and weird names, just to mix it up!
Here are my favourite.....

Girls Names
------------
Melanie
Kaitlyn
Alicia
Tiffany
Elle
Marrisa
Ashley
Amber
Summer
Charlotte
Lara
Laura
Louise
Grace
Gracie
Lily
Kiara
Lola
Angel
Shelby (My favourite at the moment)

Boys
-----
Parker
James
Lucas
Eddie
Lachlan
Nathan
Corey
Braden
Ryan
Dumont

Family
-------
Mason
Frink
Payne
Moore
Little
Keymann
Freeman
Murkin
Westbrook
Layne
Small
Harper
Brooks
Winterburon
Walker
Hodge
Woods
Graham

Feel free to use these names :D

WingsFan1985
25th May 2009, 7:56 PM
These are some of the names in my Pleasantville neighborhood

Last Name
Andersson
Ashford
Bellington
Chapmann
Grant
Harris
Hawkins
Kirilov
Marshall
Miller
Murendey
Prezkova

Male first names
Aiden
Alexander
Alexei
Brendan
Jonathan
Liam
Mikael
Rusaviet (yeah, I pretty much hit random keys for that one :lol: )

Female first names
Aimee
Alexis
Amaya
Aryssa
Brianna
Brittania
Coraline
Katarzyna
Natalya

PharaohHound
27th May 2009, 8:12 PM
I have Sims named after every Doctor Who companion (except the ones with weird names like Kamelion and ones I find annoying like Astrid). I've now started using those names for my pets too. Other TV series that have served as namesakes include Fawlty Towers (Manuel!), House MD, Hustle, and Bones. Movie namesakes include The Sound of Music and Lilo & Stitch.

My Sims have seriously massive families (seven kids is common), so I'm rapidly running out of original names that aren't ridiculous.

For last names

Carson
Stewart
Torelli
De Souza (funny story, actually, I was creating this Sim, and she ended up resembling Michelle Ryan. Yes, I am truly obsessed)
Tranter
Kingsley
Govaint
McCloud

Santje
2nd Jun 2009, 3:18 PM
Hi!

What are your favorite sims names?
In the family I play now the parents are named Maarten and Jessica (they were maxis sims, it's that army family) and the children are Steffin, Erik and Michaël and another baby is coming so I'm thinking about a name for it!

Also some favorite names are for girls: Norah, Viktoria, Sophie, Hazel, Selena, Carmen, Larissa, Demi, Ella (Ella elle l'a!, from the song :rofl: ), Mercedes.
And boys: Viktor, Ruben, Stefan, Nikki, Kimi, Alexander, Nathan

But I'm inspirationless.... So... what are your favorite sims names?:D

liegewies
3rd Jun 2009, 3:52 PM
As I started to play Sims I was very precise to give Sims name that point their character ;)
But now I just choose a name that comes in my mind.

When I play in bed on my Laptop with the broken keyboard I only can choose fantasy names like "Wiiiiii", "Ufofo" because just a few keys work :P

Aya_Alexa
3rd Jun 2009, 4:51 PM
for me i don't know if it my favorite or its just the first thing that comes in mind. when i first got sims 1 from a friend i created the west family then second i Williams, uninstalled sims 1 then installed again same happened Williams came first though. then got sims 2 i created the west then re-created my families of sims 1 then williams, uninstalled then installed again first family created west. so basically from all the crap i said my i think favorite names or last name are West and Williams.

KyleTheArtist
3rd Jun 2009, 6:32 PM
Usually ffavourite character or self sim or just random favorite name.

lizard49
3rd Jun 2009, 7:48 PM
Last names: there are so many preexisting characters in Sims 2, with so many last names, that to immediately tell my own characters apart I give them last names like Cheeseburger, Lemon, or Peanutbutter. In Sims 1, I named the families after birds, or months of the year, or whatever.

For first names, anything goes.

seizurefriendly
3rd Jun 2009, 10:19 PM
Usually TV show characters 'cause I'm not creative 8D

MarshmellowSmoothie
3rd Jun 2009, 10:37 PM
Sometimes I name them after my favorite characters in a show or something, sometimes I name them after my family members and sometimes I name them after my friends. xP ;)

Tom Duhamel
3rd Jun 2009, 11:58 PM
Most of my families have some theme which guide me in choosing names. For example, one of my family had both adults having a French name, so I named the kids with French names too. I make themed names for my fantasy families (elves, star wars, etc).

Otherwise I just pick names that comes to mind, or use the first name of a celebrity which happens to be on TV at the time, etc.

I once named a character Kiki because no name came to mind when she was born. She happened to be my favorite character for a while as she grew up, but of course I didn't know in the first place, but if I knew I would have spent some more time thinking of a name lol

Carth
4th Jun 2009, 1:27 AM
Most of the time, it's just whatever comes to my head at the time. xP But sometimes I have a carrying theme with some kids, like a parent and child or twins. For instance, I had a sim I'd randomly named Marlin, and when he had twin daughters, I named them Nemo and Dory. Another one had twins that I named Lorraine and Alsace ('tis one for the history dorks- the "lost provinces" of France).

But otherwise, it's mostly entirely random.

FallenMorgan
5th Jun 2009, 1:01 AM
I've named and modelled the four Sims I've made so far after people I know.

ghostgirl
5th Jun 2009, 1:12 AM
With me, I create my sims to look like the personalities of people I know... and then I give the sims the backwards name of the person I'm trying to sim! So far, my favourite is Noved, after my friend Devon!

LisaSims00
5th Jun 2009, 3:37 AM
Its funny how I name my simmies. When I create them or when they are born. I name them based on how the look. Some Girl names:
Neecie-nice and sweet,
Jessica-popular-beauty-sort-a-bratty sim,
Lisa-sexy, ambituous, rich
Carey- blonde, homely, sweet, friendly( This Sim I created and the community loves her just like that. I dont know why. True story)
Britney-popular, loves guys,
others:
Greta, Brenda, Vanessa, you get the picture

Santje
5th Jun 2009, 4:36 PM
As I started to play Sims I was very precise to give Sims name that point their character ;)
But now I just choose a name that comes in my mind.

When I play in bed on my Laptop with the broken keyboard I only can choose fantasy names like "Wiiiiii", "Ufofo" because just a few keys work :P
lol... if I call my sims names like that I'd never play with them again.
I just can't play sims with strange names. :anime:

DM was on fire!
5th Jun 2009, 4:45 PM
So far, all of my Sims have been based off of my characters.
When I start naming Sims that aren't named after characters...I'll probably just give them my favourite names.

Mckeyfan
5th Jun 2009, 7:47 PM
I've often named my female sims like Angelina, Grace, Magaret, Christina.

Male sims are usually Brad, Kyle, Mark; stuff like that.

kohaku
5th Jun 2009, 8:55 PM
I name my girls things like, Brownie, Kari, Lady, Bambi, Kitty, and Sugar. You know, pet names:)
For boys I name them things like, Hero, Majestic, Rex, Lucian, and Renegade. Yep pet names for boys too!

taelere
5th Jun 2009, 9:46 PM
I made an ABC list on my computer for boy and girl names one night because I couldn't sleep.
My most popular names are...
Hannah, Ashlen, Rose, Kristin, April, Kelly, and Frances for girls
Max, Harry, Kenny, Danny, Daniel, and Holton for boys,

Natters321
6th Jun 2009, 2:42 AM
I always like the more un-common names, like Nora, liam, Natalia, Joel.

Tempest116
6th Jun 2009, 10:23 PM
I use names with meaning or uncommon names. Like my legacy family (Alexander) names for the males are King (Jr. II, III etc.) Alexander. I use my tag name Tempest, Atlas, Olianeida, Italee, and Marsarius. These are just a few uncommon names I use.

Mrs. Crumplebottom
7th Jun 2009, 7:39 AM
Jennifer, lola, Tim, nick.
Boring names like that.

Prae
7th Jun 2009, 12:14 PM
I usually name them after words in Simlish that I pick up while playing... because that way, I can imagine that the sims are speaking about each other XD

deep-blue-iris
12th Jun 2009, 5:44 PM
I name them whatever pops into my head. Although in TS3, my family just had a baby boy, and I called him Evgeni, so I think I'm gonna go with hockey player names for a while.

wiz1
12th Jun 2009, 6:28 PM
I just randomly grab one from the phone book

GeneralOperationsDirector
12th Jun 2009, 6:46 PM
I`ve been having name-block too, so I started a list of name ideas for when I need one and can`t think. I`ve been expanding the list from names I find in the birth announcements in the local newspaper. I`ve also made the document into a smart document that will automaticaly sort the names alphabetically, filter out duplicates, and filter USED names out of the UNUSED names list. Almost all of my born-in-game Sims [and ALL of my CAS-made Sims] are female, so I`ve only bothered with girls` names. [I save just before the birth, and quit-without-saving and reload until I get a girl, but sometimes I`m a little too late in saving, and sometimes I just keep boys anyway; even so, my neighborhood has more males than females.] Should I upload my list?

L Lawliet_SC
12th Jun 2009, 7:34 PM
I usually use baby name books or naming sites, there's alot of great resources out there for names and such.

zick494
13th Jun 2009, 11:25 AM
i normally give random names no my sims :lol:

stygia2002
13th Jun 2009, 4:20 PM
Hi!

What are your favorite sims names?
In the family I play now the parents are named Maarten and Jessica (they were maxis sims, it's that army family) and the children are Steffin, Erik and Michaël and another baby is coming so I'm thinking about a name for it!

Also some favorite names are for girls: Norah, Viktoria, Sophie, Hazel, Selena, Carmen, Larissa, Demi, Ella (Ella elle l'a!, from the song :rofl: ), Mercedes.
And boys: Viktor, Ruben, Stefan, Nikki, Kimi, Alexander, Nathan

But I'm inspirationless.... So... what are your favorite sims names?:D

I'm all over the place with the sims I create. I create people I know, I've put some of my favorite Dungeons and Dragons characters in my neighborhood (Stygia Dragynknight is my favorite and she has a sim-killing sword and holy hand-grenade of Antioch), as well as people I'd like to get my hands on...er, I mean....know (Orlando Bloom/Legolas/Will Turner anyone? :D ). Some names I've come up with for sims I've populated my neighborhood with are names like: Female: Lacey Simoleans, Monica Barfly, Willow Buffmeister
Male: Tipsy McStagger, Angus McSmashie, The Hunkmeister clan (Josh, Andrew, Tyson and Ichabod).

Happy Simming!

eruwenfuin
14th Jun 2009, 6:24 PM
In general I go to naming sites/do something random.

Currently though I'm doing the build a city challenge and I've decided to name my "city" Arda. Thus all names are Middle-earth-y, so to speak. My first family owns all the valar/maia (non-istari ones!) names. The second one will be the elves, as will the third one be. The third one will be the dwarves. And then so on and so forth, with rangers, humans, rohirric names etc. etc.

BillyDee
17th Jun 2009, 11:31 AM
Normally just random names

However, sometimes I have sims where the names are themed.

For example the "Reef" family, where I have I have Barry .R. , Coral, and Holly

WayBack
17th Jun 2009, 2:30 PM
I usually choose the first word that spontaneously comes to my mind, the last name I picked for a Sim was Jaggermeister :lol:

joninmobile
14th Aug 2009, 11:34 PM
My sims usually have very common last names (Spencer, Sanderson, Jones, Baker, Jefferson, e.c.t.) but very unusual first names (Rhiannon, Galadriel, Cerney, Hakim, Kashka, Sarabelle, Starr) just to name a few. Of course my self sim is always Jonathan Friday, and all family members have their same names. And Celebrities with one names are fun, because since they don't have a last name their last name ends up being something like "." I particularly enjoy Playing Cher in the "." family. Loading the "." family :lol:

LarsVegas
15th Aug 2009, 12:54 AM
Much of this depends on where the neighborhood is supposedly located, but my Sims are generally given first and last names that indicate their background and nationality.

For example, let us say that I have an Icelandic family of Sims. Surnames are very uncommon in Iceland; therefore, I would use SimPE to change the family's "surname" each generation. If my Icelandic Sim named Kristjan Ragnarsson had a son named Vilhjalmur and a daughter named Anna, their full names would be Vilhjalmur Kristjansson and Anna Kristjansdottir. The name "Ragnarsson" is not inherited since it is assumed that Kristjan's father was named Ragnar.

In general, I take the time to research naming customs based on the Sim's country of origin. If the Sim is supposed to be from a country which has a wide variety of naming customs (e.g. USA and Canada), I base it on what I believe fits his or her character. For example, if I had an elder Sim, I would be more inclined to use Arthur or Victoria as a first name as opposed to Skip or Mackenzie. In regards to surnames, it also heavily depends on the character, but I tend to avoid extremely common surnames. I prefer more traditional given names (as a personal choice), but my surname choices are often a bit more distinct. If I believe it is fitting, I will often hyphenate the surnames of certain couples after marriage.

dcricket
15th Aug 2009, 1:11 AM
Personally, I dislike having to name my sims. I have lived all over the US, and met a lot of people, and using names of people I've met reminds me of them and I don't like that. So I use a site called "Behind the Name", which has a random name generator. I plug in the last name, hit ok, then refresh until I get a name that sounds good with the last name. Also, with the site, I can choose name categories, like origin or history and mythology. I used it to get the name of my legacy founder, Isaac Carson. It helps me with randomness.
~D. Cricket

happycowlover
15th Aug 2009, 1:21 AM
I use Behind The Name (http://www.behindthename.com/) too. Works wonders when you have no idea what to name your sims.

denijaj
15th Aug 2009, 1:37 AM
Some of the last names i use are Jackson O'Rourke Ortiz Connor...
First name, Mike ,Anna,Rose,Linda,Tammy Dave ,Jack, Carl,Michele, Heather,Antonio,Ava,some are middle names.

caninegoddess
15th Aug 2009, 1:53 AM
I come up with last names, then figure out first names that sound good. For instance, right now my family is the Clearington family. The Sims in said family are Jessica, Komei (he was a townie, not my name choice, xD), and Lana. Their cat's name was Pouncer, their dog is now named Lee.

IrishGrace
15th Aug 2009, 2:14 AM
I usually have a theme, almost always by nationality. At the moment in the Abbott legacy, I'm doing a backwards alphabet naming scheme with names originating in English, starting with Zenith. I usually use BabyNames.com because you can search by nationality.

zauberlinda12
15th Aug 2009, 2:27 AM
I have so much trouble coming up with last names that I usually just use boring ones like Smith, Jackson, etc. But I do have fun with the first names. Some girls names were: Tinsel, Rainey, Annelise... I've always wanted to name a baby "Nooboo" just for the little amount of time their parents actually call them that :)

clockworkapple
15th Aug 2009, 2:36 AM
I never really paid attention to last names, but I looked at my hood and most of the last names are Spanish or Chinese origin.

Whatever is at the top my head goes into the first name- I've named named my kids everything from Anne to Reihabga (< lol... don't ask)

HaphazardSim
15th Aug 2009, 3:57 AM
Depends on the family and the story and how bored I am. Sometimes I make up names (Orriona, Huole, Adora, Zabia, Xaria, Cocalia, Zorixx ect), if the sim comes from my demon family (Vamprique) or the Goth family they will have a gothic name, if they are a certain nationality I will search for an appropriate name.

I also look at the parents of the sim if they are born in-game, my artistic sim whose husband is named Dorian (from a picture of Dorian Gray) had two children named Neil (after Neil Gaiman) and Mona-Lisa.

Same thing for the last names, I either make them up or find ones that fit the background of the Sim I am making. I use the internet, books and names of people I know to help me out.

katya_stevens
15th Aug 2009, 11:21 AM
I use this (http://www.kleimo.com/random/name.cfm) random name generator, along with Jordi's name replacements, giving my sims your average US names.

Invertin
15th Aug 2009, 12:36 PM
Normally I use a generic first name and a last name describing who they are.

E.G Bob Cyclops who is a Cyclops
or Jack Mechanic who sells robots for a living

Except for my alien families, which I usually just give numbers, with the last name being the "species" of alien.

stariscool
15th Aug 2009, 12:50 PM
Some families I make have themed names, such as a space-theme, being named after planets, stars, etc. Neptune, Orion, Saturn, Apollo, Charon...

I once had a family who named their children after months of the year. There was a young boy named September, girls April and May... It's good fun to theme their names sometimes.

As for more normal sims, I tend to use real-life names: celebs, tv characters.

appelsapgodin
15th Aug 2009, 4:20 PM
Whatever sounds good and comes up in my head. I have a book with names and their meaning and all that.. I sometimes use that too.

I've been playing a legacy for the last year, so I alphabetise their first names (founder A, 2nd generation names starting with B, 3rd starting with C etc...)

stygia2002
15th Aug 2009, 4:39 PM
Mostly it depends on my mood. When I'm feeling silly, they might wind up with names that sound like they came out of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I also have alot of sims of people I know, so naming those sims is a no-brainer. I also tend to use names I like. In my themed neighborhoods I use names that sound like they belong there. There are also all kinds of cheesy ways to include "sim" in a name.

IloveGarbage
15th Aug 2009, 4:45 PM
Iusually give my Sims Scottish names. (Tearlach, BLackburn, Angus, etc.)

Ghost sdoj
15th Aug 2009, 7:46 PM
I pick names that I like the sound of. Sometimes it involves a name I encountered somewhere, and often it's a modification of a bunch of random letters.

I never use real people though, although I do use characters from my Dungeons and Dragons games.

harmonee_el
16th Aug 2009, 2:50 AM
Here is some of the names I give my sims,
Lyric,Persia,Golden,Sierra,Ciara,Trinity,Selena,
Felecia,Porsha,Lacie,Stephen,Stephanie,
Janna,Anika,Justin,Briana,Alexia,Ariel.Moira,
Tiffany,Carlos,Dante,Chet,Autumn,Lamiya,
Meagan,Joaquin,Trisha,Mira,Christian,Friday,
Tuesday,Natalia,Fawn,Taryn,Jonathan,
Sayuri,Zavier,Tristan,Adrien,Dimitri,
Valerie,Jonas,Angelica,Shiro,Cecelia,
Danielle,Victoria,Tyler,Lily,Teanna,
Kayden,Kylie,Penny,Tera,Savanna,Rebecca.

Prosthetics
16th Aug 2009, 3:11 AM
Usually I will use names from books I've read, because when I come up with my own names...they come out awful, and their last names and first names clash...eeesh...

Sometimes I'll use classics, but mostly I throw in contemporary names. :]

In one book, a family named their children based on states of the weather (I first used them when I got Seasons, of course)

But as I said, sometimes I'll use names from classics, such as Of Mice and Men and whatnot.

Diamond123Girl
16th Aug 2009, 2:32 PM
Damien,Kyle,Gregg,Scott,Alex,Tim,Timothy,Ben,Jake,Drake,Eric,Lucifer,Kieron,Andy,Lucas,Leon,Luke,Brendon,Brandon,JJ,Lj, Eric,Katie,Brook,Rebeccah,Maria,Lucy,Rose,Emily,Rachael,Zoe,Sophie,Jessica,Mary,Moana,Alexia,Erica,Rosalina,Snow,Pixie,Mystic,Joanna,Chloe. :bunny:

Anniemaniac
16th Aug 2009, 3:25 PM
For boys I tend to use:

Ethan, Jack, Samuel, Alex, Cody, Josh, Mikey, Kid, Benny, Jamie, Francis, Nathaniel, Espen, Ash, Kane, Linc, Zeke.

And for Girls:

Ellery, Hailey, Blue, Aspen, Emelia, Ashleigh, Harley, Hillary, Amber, Elen, Erica, Elodie, Melody, Harmony, Lydia, Grace.

My favourites are Ethan and Ellery.

Bwinney43
16th Aug 2009, 11:00 PM
I like to keep the names alphabetical. If the fathers name starts with a J then the sons name will also. If the mothers name starts with an S then so will the daughters. I just like doing it that way. Or I'll do themes like seasons, months and so on. Sometimes I'll use street names around where I like. I once had a girl named Brandy Wine. Named after Brandywine Avenue near my house.

bubble101
18th Aug 2009, 10:46 AM
I normally do the whole 'first thing in my head' job, which I like because it means that sometimes my sims will end of with names I don't particularly like, because they just randomly arrive in my head. Unfortunately, that means that some of my favourite names (Jessica, Sarah, Alice, Emily, Aidan) will be used over and over. I've had quite a few Roses because of my Billie Piper/Rose Tyler obsession and recently I had a baby girl who I named Louisa (after my new obsession, Louisa Glasson from Doc Martin). Unfortunately this can turn me off my sims because Louisa was horribly ugly and looked nothing like Caroline Catz, so I didn't like looking at her and deleted the family.
Once I went through a phase of unusual but pretty names like Hope, Faith, Love, Charity, Jet, Storm and Cloud.

1ove
19th Aug 2009, 10:08 AM
I have a strange habit of randomly slapping Janet, Corey, or Chris on them — the first two are former good friends, and the last one is my sister's nickname.

I can't be bothered to actually pick decent names or ones that I would actually use or name a person myself. I feel that it "ruins" the appeal. :rofl:

WayBack
19th Aug 2009, 11:40 AM
My last Sims 2 neighbourhood was in Swedish style and my Sims were named after the furniture in IKEA catalogue. It was fun having Sims named Klippan Lillberg, Ektorp Hagalund and Solsta Tullsta running around :lol:

lg135
19th Aug 2009, 8:55 PM
I noticed Marcel and Evan have become some of my favorites.

I've also starting to use more 'populars' and 'classics' these days. I looked over the sims I've made and I just found out I've never used 'Ashley' before for a girl until now ^^;

1ove
20th Aug 2009, 6:48 AM
Oh, and lately I've been using Fawkes (after the hair dude on here), Cyrilla, and William.

Sarahjane10784
20th Aug 2009, 6:50 AM
I use a site called "Behind the Name", which has a random name generator. I plug in the last name, hit ok, then refresh until I get a name that sounds good with the last name. Also, with the site, I can choose name categories, like origin or history and mythology. I used it to get the name of my legacy founder, Isaac Carson. It helps me with randomness.
~D. Cricket

I'll have to try that! Usually I get names from books, TV shows, mythology, etc. I also try to give certain families a theme. Like right now in one of my rich Sim families, everyone is named after British monarchs. I've also named kids after constellations (like the Black family in Harry Potter).

Prosthetics
20th Aug 2009, 7:04 AM
Personally, I dislike having to name my sims. I have lived all over the US, and met a lot of people, and using names of people I've met reminds me of them and I don't like that. So I use a site called "Behind the Name", which has a random name generator. I plug in the last name, hit ok, then refresh until I get a name that sounds good with the last name. Also, with the site, I can choose name categories, like origin or history and mythology. I used it to get the name of my legacy founder, Isaac Carson. It helps me with randomness.
~D. Cricket

I've used that site a bit in the past (when I'm stuck.) and I asked for a Goth name, and it gave me NovemberPentacle. :|

Also such names as GarnetDusk and MourningRose. I was a bit weirded out.

FuchsiaSpawn generated for a male sim at one time, and I'm sure if he were a real person...he would have balked at his name.

1ove
20th Aug 2009, 9:07 AM
I've used that site a bit in the past (when I'm stuck.) and I asked for a Goth name, and it gave me NovemberPentacle. :|

Also such names as GarnetDusk and MourningRose. I was a bit weirded out.

FuchsiaSpawn generated for a male sim at one time, and I'm sure if he were a real person...he would have balked at his name.

A bit off topic, but there are a lot of better name generators out there. Just Google for them.

Fuschia Spawn? Yikes.

MrsNervousSubject
20th Aug 2009, 10:12 AM
I name them after people I know. It's funny when they turn into the complete opposite. xD

Prosthetics
20th Aug 2009, 11:06 AM
A bit off topic, but there are a lot of better name generators out there. Just Google for them.

Fuschia Spawn? Yikes.

It's not that I actually used any of them :P

Those are just examples of the terrible ones.

Generally I name them myself.

fingersmith
25th Aug 2009, 7:24 PM
I have a few names I seem to use again and again and again. The exception being if I am playing a hood with a Japanese theme etc where I try to pick Japanese names.

My common names include:
- Sebastian
- Bradie
- Grace
- Amelia
:)

25th Aug 2009, 7:31 PM
Silly idea, perhaps good for a Challange: Give EVERYONE in your neighborhood the same name. "John Smith", for example, a good **common** name, no?

VladCrau
25th Aug 2009, 7:46 PM
I was thinking of using a method used by the old British aristocracy:
First baby boy gets name A, second baby boy gets name B etc. Same for girls.
Or the first generation kids would all be named with names starting with A, second generation kids with B etc.

channah14
25th Aug 2009, 9:31 PM
I usually call my sim kids names like: Marley, Monroe, Marilyn, Presley, Harlow, Lennon, McCartney, Shakur, Chanel, Cobain etc. If I have twins then it'll be something like Giorgio and Armani, Sean and John or Shacha and Cohen. I don't know why but I like giving them surnames as first names, especially celebrity/icon ones. But last names are usually something like Smith or Jones.

Pandikon
25th Aug 2009, 11:25 PM
For me, when I'm in need of names for characters for pretty much anything I use the name generators of Seventh Sanctum (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php).

You can generate massive amounts of names from the ordinary to the fantastical with a minimum of real effort, and they're always updating the lists so you've got less likelihood of repeating first or last names over and over again.

I usually make my Sim's appearance first, then choose the name that seems to fit them best.

Silly idea, perhaps good for a Challange: Give EVERYONE in your neighborhood the same name. "John Smith", for example, a good **common** name, no?

Or you could go with what they did in Blazing Saddles: Give everyone in town the last name of Johnson.

1ove
26th Aug 2009, 1:23 AM
I was thinking of using a method used by the old British aristocracy:
First baby boy gets name A, second baby boy gets name B etc. Same for girls.
Or the first generation kids would all be named with names starting with A, second generation kids with B etc.

I thought that as well. I tried to follow the Duggars on some challenges and made them all 'J'. Like this (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=335008&page=2).

Sunkist
27th Aug 2009, 1:22 AM
I just make up random names, and combined them with others. Like...Sharpie becomes = Sharp. :] I like cool names <3

smellincoffee
29th Aug 2009, 12:14 AM
Sometimes my neighborhoods have a naming theme -- Verona is dominated by Italians, for instance, a custom neighborhood has a German feel, and Pleasantview has a mix of common names heard in American culture. I basically just come up with a name when I'm watching the video in which the parent gives birth -- although sometimes I have a name in mind. Very rarely I'm at a loss. If that happens, I just don't play the lot until I have a suitable name. CAS families have more specific names -- I've just created a couple of Arab families, and a few weeks ago I introduced a politician named Gene Debs to Pleasantview. ;)

vladimir69
18th Sep 2009, 12:17 AM
I named a sim "COokie" XD
So i have this family:
Ian Van Cookie, he has a beauty salon
Kamil VanCookie his brother

Ian has a son called Droi VanCookie
And Ian have an alien bride called Stella
If they have a kid im not sure if to name the baby alien
Z-399 or waffle XD im bizarre
Well they are a bizarre family too :D

xAllenKunx
18th Sep 2009, 12:43 AM
Ranmao Xing (uncreative with last names),
Lau (the only boy), Fou and Ran Fan.

Liisiko
18th Sep 2009, 3:42 PM
My female sims mostly have unusual names and my male sims have more normal names.
I am currently playing a Black Widow right now named Scorpia Mayfair with her three children Raven, Nick and Alista.
First names are easy but I always have trouble finding good last names.

18th Sep 2009, 9:09 PM
I almost always save before the birth, then quit-without-saving-and-reload if it comes up a BOY, so I almost always have GIRL babies in my game, yet christianlov (http://christianlov.modthesims.info/)`s Census Tool tells me that I still have more males than females. :|

Anyway, I actively recruit Townies and the occasional Service Sim into my fold of Player Character Sims, so I have *many* "familiar names" in my fold. When a Sim gives birth, though, I have to choose a name for the child, and I always draw a blank, so I started a list of GIRLS` names to chose from. At first it just contained a few names I thought of "off the top of my head", as they say, but I`ve been adding to it from the local Birth Announcements in the local newspaper, and this thread has given my list a MAJOR boost in size. ;)

The list has three sections. The first section is UNUSED names to pick from, listed several per line, word-wrapped. The second section is USED names, one per line, because I give my Sims first AND middle names. The third section is Python source code that manages the two lists. The program will sort the used names, removing duplicates [Say I accidentally added Freya Marie twice; it`ll remove the extra, but if I have a Freya Marie and a Freya May, they`re different, so it keeps both]. The program will also merge all of the used names into a single list, with duplicates removed, so that "Freya Marie" and "Freya May" would result in "Freya Marie May"], which is used to filter names from the Unused list, which is also sorted and filtered for duplicates.

Ah, heck, it sorts both lists, removes duplicates, and also removes from Unused any names found in Used. :p This helps me to refrain from using the same name multiple times, though I find that I still have a few Sims who share names.

I`m also running a sort-of legacy, sans rules, in my main neighborhood. The founding family was "imaginatively" named "First". When CaF wouldn`t let me exit with only teen-age Lisa First, I created her mother Sawna First, a Romance Sim, who seduced Pao Mellon, her mailman, and got him to move in. He then married a Townie named Marylena Hamilton, and Shawna married a townie named Phoebe [I forgot her last name, and never recorded it].

I have also created several Sims wearing CC skins, notably the Sparkle-n-Shine skins, with names like April Apricot, Betty Blueberry, Gail Greene [now Gail Bendett, having married Skyler Bendett], Sally Silver, and Violet Vixen. I have also created Lilly Tiger [a tigress, with black and white stripes, and cat ears and tail!], and [using game skins unlocked with a download] Lauren Greene and Matilda Mannequin. By far, most of the Sims in my neighborhood are ones created either by EAxis [Townies, etc.] or the game [replacement Townies]; the next-largest group being born-in-game Sims. Sims I`ve made myself are the smallest group.

Anyone want me to post the full list?

1ove
19th Sep 2009, 11:02 AM
I change characters faster than celebrities change their hair.

But somehow, I have a lot of Williams, Janes, Knoxs, and Maisys in my game.

Sadi Kalen
21st Sep 2009, 9:06 AM
What a great thread this is! I also find I use a lot of the same name two or three times on different Sims if I like it heaps or can't think of anything better at the time, lol.

My favourites are as follows:

Female Sim Names:

Leila
Mia
Arya
Mila
Sera
Sara
Lara
Heather
Kyra
Sierra
Sienna
Sofia
Shari
Kari
Mari
Lahrya

Male Sim Names:

Josef
Aris
Jolan
Yohan
Jacque
Tylan
Luka
Ahryn
Darok
Erik
Liam
Leon
Leo
Damien
Dorian
Zeth
Zhet
Trey
Ray
Shae
Tommy
Zaryn
Chen
Van

Surnames:

Gothik
Kovahn
Dietzen
Winter
Taylor
Leiton
Harlen
Shae
Wetherley
Benton
Rayne
Rain
Veran
Milan

That's just at the top of my head.

Cheers,

Sadi

singing_Noel
21st Sep 2009, 2:02 PM
SIMS

Rainy Day
Summer Day
Sunny Day
Benny Morales
Coeur Guillory
Foy Guillory
Sky Howell
Dong-Yi Yun
Park-Li Young
Lex Connoly
Danny Doreon
Iris Scherzer-Bessel
Gideon Bessel
Charley Baur
Fern Baur
Dax Baur
Lucian Baines
Kipp Osric-Moran
Lee Osric-Moran
Rory Osric-Moran
Keeva 7
Hollywood Holly
James London
Landen Crick
Rainbow Crick

PETS

King Louis
Hogan
Dereon
Lamb
Rush
Princess
Peaches
Polly
Gandalf
Moo
Panda
Garfield
Doogan
Dash
Vin
Bijou

I also have a new family I'm working on. ;}

Colleen Gilks
Rex Gilks
Rudy Gilks

supaclova
24th Sep 2009, 1:30 AM
They are all female names, I've just realized. Except for one.
Hazel Cisneros
Elodie Star
Kennedy Rosa
Lolita Black
Kella Joneson
Kaerie Cloud
Edward Swan (I didn't do this on purpose, I swear. When I realized it, I LMAO'd.)

sgarciazzy
24th Sep 2009, 7:55 AM
Last names: Gibson, Bethancourt, Tootleburg

First names: Giovanni, Avia, Rocio, Mel, Jackie, Mike, Tashi, Justin, Francelli, Bonnie, Edward, Thomas, and any names in Pixar movies

Croutonian
24th Sep 2009, 4:25 PM
I was discussing with a friend the other day where the names for my Sims come from...

1. Names of people I know...account for the majority of the Sims I make cos I like to play the game that way. Or nicknames of friends...I used Pixie for one Sim who isn't based in any way on the friend whose nickname it is. It just suited the Sim!

2. Name of characters from favourite books or TV shows or films...get used the most for the Sims born in game. I have used character names from the His Dark Materials trilogy, and one of the papergirls I put through college had twins, I was slightly stuck for names and ended up naming them Joey and Rachel...so the next kid, a boy, got called Ross...and then there was a Chandler...see where I'm going with this lot?! :lol:

3a. Names that I just simply like.
3b. Names that my friends like (for their sim kids and grandkids).

4. Natural phenomenon...was added to my list simply to account for the use of Aurora.

5. Any names that are used in whatever happens to be on TV when a baby is born...

iCad
24th Sep 2009, 5:30 PM
I have a deep fondness for old English/French names, names that were popular from the Middle Ages up to the 1800s-ish. This is mostly when it comes to female names because, honestly, men's names haven't seemed to fade as much with time as women's names. Names that were popular in the old day, like, Henry and William and Lucas and Edward and Louis and Alexander and such are still common/popular today. (And I'm sure the popularity of "Twilight" will result in a resurgence of the name Edward!) Really, I like names that you don't see a lot of these days, although some of them are coming back into fashion again. Both of my kids have "old" names (though not embarrassingly "old"), and I can certainly indulge my passion with my Sims! So, I have names like:

Adele/Adela
Ada
Eugenia
Eleanor (and its diminutive, Nell)
Cecily (This is my daughter's name, actually. It's my favorite.)
Constance
Edith
Edwina
Emma
Georgianna
Henriette
Harriet
Maude
Ethel
Matilda
Isabelle(a)
Berengaria
Irma
Beatrice
Ava
Elspeth
Randolph/Ranulf
Roger
Vernon
Aldwin/Alwyn
Albert
Oswald

I usually use InSim to change first names like "Goopy" and "Amin" and "Meadow" to names like these so that townie/dormie names align better with the names of my CAS/Born-in-game Sims.

Also, I like Welsh names, a reflection of my heritage, like:

Eleri
Gwynwynwyn
Llywelyn
Davydd
Gwladys
Gwenllian
Guinivere
Gwenyth
Angharad
Bleddyn
Cadell
Cadfael
Hywel
Rhys

Also, Biblical names like Hezekiah and Nehemiah and Moses and Josiah and such. Fun!

Elvie
19th Oct 2009, 11:30 PM
Wow, that's a pretty interesting thread, I've already found some nice names for my sims here. I usually don't duplicate either surnames or first names, and sometimes it takes forever to name a sim. I use random names, but they are hardly ever too unique.

Some of my sims' last names:
Alven
Velvet
Rundell
Lejongren
Holm
Karpenko (a purely Ukrainian surname)

Some male names:
Erik
Viktor
Emerald
Lauri
Alexander
Roman (I know a lot of boys with this name)
Leon
Mio

Some female names:
Helga (my selfsim, my real name)
Ella
Erika
Evelina
Emila (it seems I overuse the E-names)
Elfrida
Natalja
Valeria
Karin
Viola

Sometimes I use double names:
Anna-Karolina
Ingerda-Viktoria
Edmund-Haakon
Oskar-Ingvar

ForeverCamp
22nd Oct 2009, 12:02 AM
I'm currently playing my Pleasantview as a quasi-legacy:

Don and Cassandra Lothario's two sons are named Caspian and Tirian (and if they have any more kids, they're all going to be Chronicles of Narnia names - the Narnians, not the travelers - their names are too normal, LOL.)

Dustin Broke's alien son is named Michael (and the next alien baby is going to be Max, Tess, Isabel... going with a Roswell theme).

Dina Caliente's twin sons are named Fabrizio and Rafael - Italian theme there.

Everybody else in the 'hood has relatively normal names for their children:

John and Jennifer Burb kept with the normal names for their six (yes, SIX - two sets of triplets, LOL, John Burb is over the moon) subsequent little ones - Allison, Madeline, Carolyn, Tianna for the girls, and David and Thomas for the boys.

Dustin and Angela Broke's daughter's name is Rachel (thinking of going with a Biblical/Hebrew theme there, since his son's name is Michael).

Neil and Lilith Trimble's three sons are Mitchell, Liam and Adam.

Herb Oldie's postmortem illegitimate children were Herb Jr. and Ellen.

Brandi Broke's twins were Skip and Tuck.

Got a few more pregnancies in the mix right now, so we'll see who ends up with more interesting names...

la_mamba_negra
23rd Oct 2009, 10:43 PM
The family I am playing with right now is in its fifth generation. what i have been doing is using the letter of the first name of the mother since the character usually ends up with the last name of the father. o and each generation is usually limited to one child to make tracking things down easy. and as you can tell nearing the end its getting harder to name people lol

first generation
avri kalson and magdalene hayes

second generation
mark kalson and brittany wendland

third generation
brandon kalson and barbara micelli

fourth generation
brenda kalson and kevin jayapalan

fifth generation
bailey jayapalan

Rectos Dominos
23rd Nov 2009, 4:01 AM
Usually whatever name pops in my head or one where I see them and a name pops up.

One family I decided to name their children after biblical villans I named them in birth order Judas, Lucifer, Jezebell, Cain, Lilith (named her before I started playing the maxis created sims) and the youngest I was runing out of ideas so I named her Jadis (from Narnia) very appropriate since she is different from her siblings at 10 for niceness while her siblings are on the grouchy side and shy while her siblings are moderate or outgoing. All except Jezebell and to a lesser extent Jadis were kinda of evil looking while young the evil appearence mellows out with age.

My Dad named the unborn Broke child Condom

ani_
23rd Nov 2009, 4:45 AM
I'm reallly bad at coming up with names. I had maybe 8 births before I started with my new system, which is pretty much that I started with A, and the next kid will start with a B, then C and so on. I just had K and L, Katarina and Leeloo born yesterday. This helps me a bit, but I still have to google baby names when I' faced with the name your baby box. But at least I know what letter to look at.

Rectos Dominos: I really like the biblical naming theme.

wthrwthoutyu
23rd Nov 2009, 5:15 AM
I pick surnames out of the phone book when I can't think of anything else.

With first names, I use all sorts of different names, but for some reason I tend to give kids in the same family/same generation names that start with the same letter. One family has children named Rachael, Robin and Richard; another has kids named Mark, Moriah, Mitchell and Martin.

I used to give a lot of sims astronomical names, like Sirius, Pixus, Spica and Cursa, but I guess I got bored with it. I haven't done that in a while.

CrazyVivian
23rd Nov 2009, 5:19 AM
If I want to give a sim a good name, I look at baby name sites or animal books. I'm pretty uncreative when it comes to naming sim babies, and get ideas at the worst of times. I like to use really imaginative names too, or names that mean something.

sanderstom14
1st Feb 2010, 9:45 PM
On my game i named a family "bing" and then i throught it would be funny to move another family next door named "bong"

:help: i think i'm going crazy :rofl:

Prosthetics
2nd Feb 2010, 12:09 AM
I named a whole family after the characters in the Disney movie Hocus Pocus. It was such fun, and I was that much sadder when the last one died without any heirs :[

Rectos Dominos
2nd Feb 2010, 4:05 AM
Rectos Dominos: I really like the biblical naming theme.

Thank you lost the thread I should of said that 2 months ago. That's probably the closest to original I have done since some of those names have been tainted for thousands of years and no one would their kid after them. I kind of boring with my names for the most part. My Dad would give his messed up names in his game Ajay Loner's son was named Boner and he made a fat Indian lady a named her Mandeep Insidemybigfatass. Mandeep is an actual Indian name I think it's Punjabi to be specific.

greeneyesclw
8th Feb 2010, 10:50 PM
sooo i used to use names from the twilight series. lol i'd have a whole family named the Cullens with Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Edward, Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Bella. but now i just ask my friends to think of a good boy/girl name and use that lol.

ForeverCamp
9th Feb 2010, 12:11 AM
I do a lot of creative writing and Simming, so I've recently invested in a shiny new 100,000+ Baby Names book to replace the old Value Village throwback I've had for years.

Sometimes I'll try and recreate characters from books - I've done the Twilight families as well (they were my first family in TS3, before it started borking on me). Or I'll create the characters from fanfics I'm writing or am intending to write.

My Pleasantview challenge neighbourhood has a few themed names: for example, Cassandra Goth-Lothario-Sartor named her three kids with Don Caspian, Tirian and Aravis (from the Chronicles of Narnia series), Dina Caliente had all Italian names for her four sons (Fabrizio, Rafael, Giacomo and Alessandro), Dustin and Angela Broke had biblical names (Michael, Rachel, Leah), Tuck and Allison Broke (one of Brandi Broke's sons and one of John and Jennifer Burb's daughters) have some of the weirdest kids names in the 'hood: Afghana, Jaysefine and Rhodey. Alexander Goth-Lothario's two alien children are named Navarrah and Calocero...

Sims2Storywriter
9th Feb 2010, 7:11 PM
I give them boring names, like Lisa, Bob, John, Mary. I can get creative with female names, I just CANnot find any good male names. I have too much feminine in me.

KittyKuba
10th Feb 2010, 1:14 PM
Strange antique names help preserve the wackiness of the sims for me.

Essa
10th Feb 2010, 3:13 PM
Tessa and Générosa are on my top list for female.

tongues
10th Feb 2010, 4:57 PM
I usually pick a weird, arbitrary last name anduse a lot of alliteration on the first names. The result is either odd, e.g. Antonio Toonah, or lyrical like Argent Arganna.

An example list of founder family names:
Big Tom Tender and son Terry Tender,
Pere and Apple Orchard (siblings)
Alan and Nosey Parker
Mack Avellian

...just random silliness. :)

SimMegaptera
10th Feb 2010, 5:11 PM
Sometimes I name them things that I would never name even a character in a story. ;) I have an aristocratic family with twin babies named Fitzwilliam and Hermione.

I occasionally find a name that I like and make a sim who fits it -- in real life my favourite hairdresser's name was Tuyet, and I borrowed it for a Vietnamese sim. I don't name them after any real people who I know well, though.

I usually just look at them and a name pops into my head. If I'm stuck I use behindthename.com as a reference.

Tanly
10th Feb 2010, 6:29 PM
It really depends on family. I often make things up (or that I don't know they exist) or I try to name them names that are not too common...(but it happens of course), and I have never named them Icelandic names (I am Icelandic btw).

Examples:

Girls: Torla, Rawa, Furiko, Uny, Xaty, Malty, Yil, Fibre
Boys: Yleni, Sambi, Tober, Acho, Ludo,

Temi1500
10th Feb 2010, 11:07 PM
I like to give my sims names from different countries for each family.

For example...my favorite family as of lately is the Arend family...from France! The family includes:

Jolene and Michele...who had Anette and Davide!

I think it's fun to choose names from different countries! It keeps it original and fun!

Prosthetics
11th Feb 2010, 5:11 AM
I love using Gaelic and Greek names, But I haven't used many lately...I must remedy that. :3

tralaladida
11th Feb 2010, 6:45 AM
I usually look at baby name websites for sim names. Outside of that, I'll take names from whatever book series I am reading at the time...like I am re-reading the Obsidian Trilogy because I just got the last book in the Enduring Flame Trilogy, so in my current hood I have Jermayan, Idalia, Kellen, and Cilarnen walking around. :)

CrazyVivian
11th Feb 2010, 7:51 AM
Strange antique names help preserve the wackiness of the sims for me.

I love wacky names! They are so fun. :)

KazamiHayato
11th Feb 2010, 9:36 AM
I got unique names like John Webb who is a pure millionaire.

suikostar108
12th Feb 2010, 2:44 AM
I usually name my sims after characters in books, movies or video games. I also like old fashioned names like Grace or Ruby and for guys....Jack is used quite a bit.

ashleiighbabes_ox
12th Feb 2010, 12:34 PM
i have a biiig baby book, and i just open it at a random page and then shut my eyes and put my finger somewhere? :/ if i cant find it, all my sims end up being called Amber or Sophie or Lilly, meh, not very creative?

amyandmia
16th Feb 2010, 5:36 PM
my names are usually in alphabetical order, because i count generations by letter instead of number, even in families that arent legacies (mostly because i always thought of the founders kids as gen 1, so i feel like calling then gen 2 would be cheating)

and i never make it very far, my current sims include

Arrianna
Ally
Amy
Adam
Alice
Alistair
Angelina
Annie
Amorian
Amenada
Annexus
Aristotle
Bella
Bree
Brooke

but ive been good about the letters in my latest family
Felix married Gerard, they had 2 kids named Amethyst and Diamond, and then they broke up. Felix had a new boyfriend named Jeff

AlexandraSpears
16th Feb 2010, 10:38 PM
Off TV show characters, or if I'm feeling creative, just pick out names I really like.

Katika
17th Feb 2010, 3:10 PM
I'm fond of the western end of the spectrum. Sometimes I go european. I end up with boys named:

Jake, Jack, John, Robert, Rick, Stanley, Richard, William, Gaston, Pierre, Micheal, Sam/Samuel(My fave), Zeke, Zachary/Zack, Arthur.

I'm not good with female names but this is my few leanings:

Jenny, Jill, Hailey/Halee, Georgia, Ginger, Bessy, Mose, Carmine, Anna, Trisha, Trillian(yeah, shows how geeky I am...).

I try to steer clear of the same things but I'm a creature of habit.

ocgforme
17th Feb 2010, 6:26 PM
I try to pull names from all over the world. I *hate* nicknames in real life, and it took deliberately sitting down and CHOOSING one for my oldest (who is named after his paternal uncle and maternal grandfather, so beating the rels to a nickname I could stand was a MUST!!!).

Some names for my current sims- Amah Joss, Benedict Riebel, Tomas (how do you do the accented a??) Sandoval, Dominic Pyrham--

When I have family lines, I do tend to pick a 'theme'. For example, Jana Whitman adopted three boys: Beverly, Hilary and Walter. YES, the first two were MALE names for centuries before transitioning to both-gender and now "female" names.

I love setting up multiple families (and miss it like mad in TS3) where each represents a different nationality. My problem is that I focus on *my* heritge/current society, so I have few African, Indian or Egyptian names on my top ten. I'd LOOOVE more of those!

AlexandraSpears
17th Feb 2010, 7:05 PM
Slightly off subject...my mother-in-law knows of a husband and wife who have the same first name. I think it's Evelyn.

I like Biblical names myself. Jeremy, Elizabeth, Michael, that kind of thing.

My own son is named Tyler. My husband liked the movie Fight Club. :)

IoriYagami288
21st Feb 2010, 1:37 AM
I usually pick myself and whatever Japanese names I can think of since I tend to make Asian Sims.

cateyann
21st Feb 2010, 1:39 AM
Well my sims at the moment are named:

Ruby
Ryan
Ryder
Caitlin
Lucas
Kerri Lynn
Oliver
Autumn
Eric
Brandon
Justin
Trip
Alison

ForeverCamp
21st Feb 2010, 4:38 AM
Slightly off subject...my mother-in-law knows of a husband and wife who have the same first name.

I'm getting Taylor Lautner/Taylor Swift flashbacks. LOL I also actually know two real-life people who married each other and had the same last name to start. And no, it wasn't Smith (and they weren't related in any way, shape or form).

I_Love_Simming
21st Feb 2010, 1:20 PM
I sometimes use This (http://www.babynames.co.uk/Baby_name_generator.htm) to help me find a name when i carn't think of something

MagicMarker
21st Feb 2010, 3:31 PM
Mostly I use names of characters in books and tv shows that I was reading/watching at the time. On my old laptop I had a babynames site saved in my favourites that had this thing that randomly chooses a name for you... sometimes I used that when I couldn't think of a name.

EDIT: Actually that site the poster above me has linked to was the site I used too.

Sims2Storywriter
21st Feb 2010, 4:03 PM
I like using this (http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/) to find their names (and street addresses)

cdanon
21st Feb 2010, 4:25 PM
Lit and mythology stuff..
I generally name the girls stuff like Athena, Hathor, Bast, Artemis,Shiva, Kali...etc.ect.
I have had Uriah, Zues, Jupiter, Horus, Odin, Loki,Pan..etc.etc.
Lastnames I usually compound stuff or pick something that seems regal at the time
Whitecliff, Thornwood, Coppernail...etc.etc.
So if you ever meet Baccus and Amaterasu Longvine....it might be me :P

modswat
21st Feb 2010, 4:55 PM
Well, I don't have favourites but here's some I like:
Angelica,Angelo,Alejandro,Eve,Violet,Annabelle,
Elena, and Caroline.
Chloe?

ghost archer
21st Feb 2010, 10:08 PM
Ginger Rayl, Tad Pole, Lon Mowr, Harv Ester

MagicMarker
21st Feb 2010, 11:30 PM
I like using this (http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/) to find their names (and street addresses)

That site has also this page for the sims:

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/the-sims.php

Useful if you want to create families from different nationalities.

RubeeJS
21st Feb 2010, 11:55 PM
But I'm inspirationless....

Hehe me too :) I make up names for my sims, or use the weirdest I can think of.

Currently, my favorite sim I have is a born in game sim Zsa Zsa :) (I got the name from a tv programme). She is the daughter of (CAS) Alice Bronson and Benjamin Long.
Zsa Zsa has two children with Dustin Broke (Stacey and Betty) and another with a sim I created (he was called Toni) and the baby is called Michelle-Alice. :D

I've got another sim called Stefani :)

So yeah I just make up names as they come into my head.

Selly_2009
22nd Feb 2010, 3:44 AM
My choices vary depending on what family I'm playing...

When playing my simself and family I've got James, Lucy and Robin as my kids' names; the first two being what I may call my RL kids when I eventually have them!

In the challenge I'm currently playing (see my sig for details) I chose Keiko for the mother as I wanted something that had the word "child" in it's meaning. The children's names are simply going alphabetically to make it easier for me to keep count!

Early on, when I first installed Sims 2 I played the Broke house -Brandi's third son was given the name Oran - I just liked it for some reason.

Unless it's a legacy/challenge family where keeping track in some way is important to me, I'll give a sim the first name I think of that I like. :)

cheshirekat
23rd Feb 2010, 11:52 AM
Sometimes I have themes. Sometimes I look for names on a name site. Sometimes I use completely random and made up stuff or something/someone that has been on my mind. For females, I really try not to use the names I have seen in the game, just to keep it easier. I don't have all the expansion packs, so some of my names may be in those packs. Sometimes, I thought I had a uniques name until I saw another sim with it on the lot. I also try to give my sims names I can pronounce because it is easier to remember how to spell the name later.

Some of my names are Strongand, Sabrina, Maisy, Myndee, Chickadee, Lark, Sparrow, Beata, Damien, Wesley, Jolene, Tippy, Wyla, Ivan, Lauren, Monalisa, Kyra, Kiawynn, Ansel, Sparkle, Laerah, and a bunch of others.

I use names from a bunch of different nationalities and literature as well. I especially like Latin or biblical names when I get stumped.

ForeverCamp
23rd Feb 2010, 1:52 PM
That site has also this page for the sims:

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/the-sims.php

Useful if you want to create families from different nationalities.

Umm, just to warn you, it's not always accurate. I just finished generating a bunch of different names, and here's a few mistakes I found:

1. I'm pretty sure Esponito is Spanish, not Italian.

2. I go to an all-francophone Canadian university, and I have yet to meet a 'pureblood' French (Canadian or otherwise) named Sydney. Anything ending in 'Y' isn't really a French name, anything with an 'ee' sound at the end would end in 'I' (eg. Henri, not Henry. That's the only name I can think of - the 'é' sound is more common).

My RL name is Carlie. Try listening to a francophone attempt to pronounce it - I reverted to my full name by sixth grade, because it's more easily francisized (spelled the same, but pronounced differently. And about 98% of the time, the anglophones pronounce it like the francophones anyway.)

3. So the French family's name generated as Rivière - while I've met people with the surname Larivière, I've never actually met somebody with the name Rivière, though I suppose it's possible...

4. Okay, since when is Friedrich Hispanic? Everything about that name screams "GERMAN"! My baby name even calls it:
Friedrich (German) a form of Frederick.
Frederico (Spanish) a form of Frederick.
I'm on the fence about Marlon, generated in the same family, but the rest are Hispanic names.

I could go on, because I've been generating and regenerating various nationalities and still finding things wrong, but I won't. In short: good starting point, if you're not too concerned with accuracy. I would probably take the names and modify them. For example, an 8-person French family generated as:
RIVIÈRE (I would probably modify that to Larivière)
Percy (While apparently Percy is a French name, a familiar form of Percival, Percy might be too irrevocably linked to the Weasley brother for use in a French family in my game, so I'd probably modify to something like Percé)
Brigitte
Christine
Valentine
Christiane
Christelle (Okay, this is the third name starting with 'Chris-'. It'd either be triplets or I'd start finding other names after Christine.)
Sydney (Oh, the things I'd change... I'd roll for a whole new name.)
Zara (It's a stretch, but it works.)

thegamefan
23rd Feb 2010, 11:05 PM
My Sims usually just get names that describe them, along the lines of the "Broke" and "Goth" families. I usually take it even further though. I had one character named "Iam Broke". The founder of my latest hood (using the Sedona map) was named "Artie Sonan" (sounds like a spanish pronunciation of "Arizonan").

fingersmith
28th Feb 2010, 7:34 PM
I seem to use the same names repeatedly. Not sure why...

Eg, Bradie, Sebastian, Marcus, Grace, Faith, Charlotte.

Nalia
1st Mar 2010, 5:41 AM
Hitoshi, Norihiko, Hiroyuki, Shinobu, Aoi, Yuki, Sachiko, Gero, Yoshinori, Yashamaru, Ceci, Andy, Ying, Kazuo, Ling, Fei, etc.

s2ladolcevita
1st Mar 2010, 11:13 AM
I really like royalty based names:
Girls- Victoria, Elena, Elizabeth, Catherine, Isabella, Olivia, Emma, Sophia, Madeleine, Isolde, Vera, Alexa, Sirene, Lucille

Boys- Clarence, Sebastian, Victor, Charles, Alexander, Matthias, Cain, Cayenne, James, Edward, Mikael, Damien.

phlashman
4th Mar 2010, 10:17 PM
Almost always ppl I know or work with...Common names though John, Sandy, Keisha, Anthony, Stephany...etc

rome_raven
5th Mar 2010, 11:54 AM
I usually do generally common names (Michael, David, Catherine etc), some older names that wouldn't be used very often but would still be heard of (Emmerson, Bethany, Estelle, Fenton) and also odd spellings of common names like Jane to Jayne.

But then there are times I just throw out the odd names like a sim of mine named Christina married a townie named Moonunit Zappa and I determined that the odd names must continue so they have a son named Dingo Winchester (took his mother's last name). Christina and Moonunit have another child on the way and I'm looking for something odd that starts with D as well.

aurian
7th Mar 2010, 5:19 AM
My current neighbourhood has a number of alien species, and the different species have naming rituals (ie, double-vowel sounds like "aa" or "ii") or gutteral-sounding names (ie, Kraac or Graav). Sometimes use variations of more common names, but this makes it fun too.

I remember back when I first got the game (years ago) I'd name Sims after friends and family, then be so sad when they passed away! Learnt that lesson. ;)

cdanon
7th Mar 2010, 5:51 AM
But then there are times I just throw out the odd names like a sim of mine named Christina married a townie named Moonunit Zappa and I determined that the odd names must continue so they have a son named Dingo Winchester (took his mother's last name). Christina and Moonunit have another child on the way and I'm looking for something odd that starts with D as well.
Hehe MoonUnit? wasn't a valley girl? They stole Frank Zappa's daughter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Zappa.

Yaoilicious
7th Mar 2010, 4:59 PM
Like stated back on page one, I also use the named I find in a baby names book that my brother picked up for me.
I like to use exotic names, unless the character gives me a reason to choose otherwise.

Some of my more uncommonly named sims are...
Dax, Candy, Ness, Neva, Lyric, Clover, Disdea, Dnieper, Dhan, and Ulexite...

Then I have some alien/sim-human hybrids that have more space related named...
Cyllene, Io, Thebe, Callisto, Kale, Sinope, Quasar, and Nexus.

snowie4566
7th Mar 2010, 5:03 PM
Well just for the heck of it, I made some twin sims named Santina and Santino Valentino...haha lame I know

AlexandraSpears
8th Mar 2010, 12:27 PM
Lots of times I'll use names of my ancestors for surnames. Like Richmond, Summers, Ridlon, Nason, etc.

rome_raven
8th Mar 2010, 1:19 PM
Hehe MoonUnit? wasn't a valley girl? They stole Frank Zappa's daughter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Zappa.

I had no clue. It was a random townie that the game generated but it was a guy...maybe I should change my naming trend for this family. I kinda like the names of her siblings.

naomiespeon
8th Mar 2010, 1:25 PM
My favorite name is Leannie Skill, or Yvonne Majikowski.

I like complex names a little more then I used to.

A couple more...

Jeannie
Patricia
Marissa
Lydia
Zoey
Naomi
Ariadne

MLittlepaw
12th Mar 2010, 10:38 PM
My families' last names tend to be "Maple". I'm so uncreative.
Their first names tend to be something like Aly, or Danny.

Couriervaughan
15th Mar 2010, 3:37 PM
I like the french and spanish first names and last names. Also my best friends last names

StarryEyed_*
8th Apr 2010, 5:10 PM
Im Playing Pleasantview At The Moment And So Far:

Cassandra Goth Married Cyd Roseland And They Have 5 Children,
Avery - Teenager,
Liberty And Bailey - Twin Boy And Girl Child
Chester And Mailey - Twin Boy And Girl Toddlers.

Mary-Sue And Daniel Pleasant Have 2 More Children,
Herb Jeffey - Child
Harry - Toddler

Dina Caliente Married Mortimer Goth And Had Twin Girls With Him,
Heaven Celeste And Amber Luna - Child

Nina Caliente Married Don Lothario And They Have 4 Children,
Saint And Tilda - Twin Boy And Girl Children
Neston - Boy Toddler
Lance - Boy Baby

Darren Dreamer Married Bella Goth - I Added Her To Neighbourhood From Tombstone Of L & D. They Have Twin Girls,
Michaela And Delilah - Children..

Brandi Broke Had Twin Boys,
Christian And Aladdin - Children.

Wartooth
8th Apr 2010, 9:30 PM
I choose predominantly European or Asian names for female, some favorite are:
Sadako (nihongo), Ayumi (nihongo), Nanami (nihongo), Anja (norsk), Øya (norsk)

For male:
Bjørn (norsk), Svensk (svenska), Felton (yes, as in Tom Felton), Kyo (nihongo), Akira (nihongo)

firecausesburns
9th Apr 2010, 2:22 AM
At the moment I'm playing a rainbow legacy so I give them colour-related names (I've spent a lot of time on baby-name websites looking for names with colour meanings). The orange generation had Sienna and Valencia, yellow had Blaine and Amber, and green currently has Forest and Jade.

StarryEyed_*
9th Apr 2010, 3:16 PM
I Always Use Unusual Names That I Randomly Think Of Like:

Neston
Trixie
Pixel
Hamro
Cycil
Elleria
Finigan
Braidhun
Blossom
Tulip
Zaranna
Zondolia - Pascals Alien Baby.
Aladdin

And Loads More,
Or I Tend To Use Normal Names But Spell Them Wierd:

Chrystien
Ethon
Raichal
Jain
Jaide
Aingelle
Ambah
Hanna
Traiyci

Etc..

A+B
9th Apr 2010, 4:41 PM
My sim name of the moment is Bonita Lovage. Oh, and I called a guy into mechanical things Gabe Greaseman :)

Charmful
16th Apr 2010, 7:39 PM
I don't think I've used the same sims first name twice except for "Aaron" because I forgot I named one of my custom sim kids that and then named a new adult sim that too. :rofl:

My favorite family is either my the Orbinsons or the Wellingtons, just because they've expanded the most and have become interesting to play over the years.

Some themes or quirks I use:
I give my sims 'middle' names in their biography sections "Born First name Middle name Last Name to mother's name and father' name Last Name" and their middle names are usually their mother's or father's or one of their grandparent's first names.

I also give them sim-political affliations that I made up when they grow up to teen or adult.
D'Cratican = Democrtaic
Republice= Rebublican
Mauve Party = Green Party
Terciarian =Moderate/Independant
Apethery = Apathetic (not really a 'party' per se)
Forwardist= Progressive Party

The Louis family names their children after rock bands
Josalyn Louis named her son 'Halen'
Derek Louis named his youngest daughter 'Rhiannon'

The Calhoun family has a theme of naming their children after plants and flowers (and they aren't even plant sims)
Elm Calhoun
Willow Calhoun
Ash Calhoun
Poppy Calhoun

The Piper family is dedicated to helping the community and they have two generations of law enforcment sims - I think that that will continue to travel down through the generations.

I can't think of anymore themes I have, but those are the ones that are prevalent.