PDA

View Full Version : Volume isnt working.

ManaBanana
5th Sep 2008, 12:22 AM
Okay so lately my crap-tastic computer..err dell had to be wiped clean, Sims2, WoW, all my MMORPGs, all my things are gone..

And I noticed something. Theres no volume control, nor is there any volume, Ive tried going to my computers control panel and installing the pseakers over again..It says I dont have any speakers plugged in.

So what Im asking is for help. I know this has nothing to do with the SIMS2 but I would like to know if there is a solution or if you can redirect me somewhere that can help me better.

Thanks in advanced.

-
Mana<3

callistra
5th Sep 2008, 12:31 AM
When you had your computer "wiped" you mean reformatted by chance? You have to reinstall drivers after that. If you're not sure what audio device you have you can use this program to scan your computer and display your audio device, along with most of the rest of your computer hardware: http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

charlie-chan_SC
5th Sep 2008, 12:31 AM
Well if you have no volume control then it might be the fact that there aren't any sound drivers installed.

I would recommend using the sound card disc or finding the drivers for it on the internet :)

ManaBanana
5th Sep 2008, 1:07 AM
Thanks, I'll look into as soon as I can. :]