PDA

View Full Version : Telling a texture in a custom package it should be recolorable when cloned? UPDATED

Rapsheba555
26th Jul 2009, 4:21 AM
i'm creating a lamp cloned from the asian dynasty lamp. Unfortunately, I need the shade to be recolorable as well. How do I tell it that it is?

~Dee~
27th Jul 2009, 1:00 AM
i'm creating a lamp cloned from the asian dynasty lamp. Unfortunately, I need the shade to be recolorable as well. How do I tell it that it is?

I'm sorry I seem to recall that Numenor had a tut on how to check on that, or was it by someone else?
I can't remember, I normally clone from an objects what's already recolorable.
Saves me some work.
Sorry that I can't help.

HugeLunatic
27th Jul 2009, 3:10 AM
You want the tutorial by Ignorant Bliss on adding a subset and making it recolorable.

edit: Here (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379)

Rapsheba555
27th Jul 2009, 6:37 PM
ah, thank you very much, this will be very helpful. :)

Rapsheba555
27th Jul 2009, 8:55 PM
Hmmm, if i just want to make both subsets use the lamp base's texture, can I simply edit the matdef to say that it no longer will use the shade_lit and shade_unlit texture? Or will this break the package?

HugeLunatic
27th Jul 2009, 10:53 PM
You will need the same number of the material definitions as recolorable subsets. In the stdMatBaseTextureName put the same texture name in. You will also need the same number of material overrides as recolorable subsets.

Although with a multi-state object, there is also a reference in the text strings referring to the material override for each state. I can't remember if a lamp has 2 or 4. This may or may not matter though.