PDA

View Full Version : New Achievements online

Delphy
10th Sep 2009, 7:16 PM
It's been a while since we first implemented our Achievements system. Now, however, we have added some new ones to your profile!

The new ones are:

- Uploads x1
- Uploads x10
- Uploads x50
- Uploads x100
- Uploads x200
- Uploads x300
- Carpenter
- Tailor
- Hair Stylist
- Makeup Artist
- Residential Architect
- City Planner
- Puppeteer
- Breeder
- Hair Colourist
- Plastic Surgeon
- Grease Monkey
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Textile Designer

I'm not going to tell you exactly what each of these mean - thats half the fun! We have some more to add soon, too. :)

I'd like to thank HystericalParoxysm for the cute little images!

Enjoy the new achievements!

Delphy

VladCrau
10th Sep 2009, 7:33 PM
WOOHOO! New achievements!

GeneralOperationsDirector
10th Sep 2009, 7:36 PM
Ooo, more stuff to figure out! Yum!

...but --and just curious here-- why is there a Thanks button on threads in the Site News forum?

joninmobile
10th Sep 2009, 7:41 PM
Oooooh I love it! Great! :giggler:

pegasaus
10th Sep 2009, 7:43 PM
Very good idea,I will try to figure them out!

joninmobile
10th Sep 2009, 7:45 PM
Some of them are self-explanatory like makeup artist, and e.c.t. I wonder what the game mods one is though, and why I don't have one.

Delphy
10th Sep 2009, 7:54 PM
joninmobile: Not all sections have achievements yet, since the graphics are hand drawn and take time to do. :)

GeneralOD: Why not have a thanks button? It's not just for downloads you know...

Ghost sdoj
10th Sep 2009, 8:07 PM
I think it's a hint that he wants to be thanked for his hard work ;)

Sheldrake
10th Sep 2009, 8:33 PM
Woohoo! Perhaps I should make/upload some shiny stuff....

jon119
10th Sep 2009, 8:40 PM
Yeah, I'm a proud Carpenter-Architect-Star-Bunny. :]

joninmobile
10th Sep 2009, 8:46 PM
Oooh I can't wait to see what they all will be, maybe one for majors, one for careers, one for neighborhood maps would be cool too!

Nysha
10th Sep 2009, 8:55 PM
The Accomplishments tab on any profile page. :)

sweetichigodream
10th Sep 2009, 8:56 PM
Ok, I am very stupid for asking, but where can we see this in effect?

10th Sep 2009, 9:04 PM
GeneralOD: Why not have a thanks button? It's not just for downloads you know...I know that; all 14 of my Thanks are for an Tiptorial article I wrote. :D Do announcements qualify as "articles"? ;)

joninmobile
10th Sep 2009, 9:05 PM
I think it would be cool to have one for tutorial writers for people like our friend GeneralOperationsDirector who only have the orange creator flag because of tutorials they have written.

sweetichigodream
10th Sep 2009, 9:06 PM
The Accomplishments tab on any profile page. :)

Thank you! I have seen that page before, but of course I have totally forgotten about it. I am sorry for my stupidity. Thanks again! :) Cute illustrations too!

I thought I was going to get something for my many wallpapers uploads for Sims 2 *laughs*

daluved1
10th Sep 2009, 9:07 PM
I second that tutorial one!

That is.....if yall have time :D

10th Sep 2009, 9:16 PM
I think it would be cool to have one for tutorial writers for people like our friend GeneralOperationsDirector who only have the orange creator flag because of tutorials they have written.::blush:: Thank you!

1ove
10th Sep 2009, 9:21 PM
I noticed those on my profile.

Thanks for giving us... more awards!

-Maylin-
10th Sep 2009, 9:26 PM
Hey now, I'm a carpenter! I finally realized one of my dreams ...

Petchy
10th Sep 2009, 9:38 PM
Oh cool! I've gotten some more awards!!
I'm a Puppeteer and also a Textile Designer... Who knew?! :lol:

(I totally want to be a Fuzzy Wuzzy :))

leefish
10th Sep 2009, 10:23 PM
Gosh - a carpenter. I always wanted to be a carpenter - and now I am. Wonder what grease monkeys do....

Nice addons to the site experience - its fun to have these little cookies - thanks

Alisar
10th Sep 2009, 10:41 PM
very nice indeed! me an architect, yes, what else?! :D

joninmobile
10th Sep 2009, 10:44 PM
Gosh - a carpenter. I always wanted to be a carpenter - and now I am. Wonder what grease monkeys do....

Nice addons to the site experience - its fun to have these little cookies - thanks

I've figured out that grease monkeys are car creators.

HystericalParoxysm
10th Sep 2009, 10:45 PM
Just so ya'll know, we have a LOT more achievements planned. But it does take 30 minutes plus per achievement icon for me to make 'em so new ones will be added in batches like this. :)

cameranutz2
10th Sep 2009, 10:48 PM
Great idea, guys...not to mention FUN!!!! Thank You!

I always wanted to be an Architect !!! Finaly a dream realized! :bunny:

1ove
10th Sep 2009, 10:57 PM
I second that tutorial one!

That is.....if yall have time :D

Thirded! A lot of work goes into the tutorials as well.

annadee
10th Sep 2009, 11:15 PM
Aww, they're really cute! Thank you HP and Delphy. :) Could very well be inspiration to create more.

I do have a question. What are the 'skunks' I saw being referred to? On my scorecard page it said 7 out of 10 skunks had downloaded one of my hairstyles. Just enough to confuse me. :D

1ove
11th Sep 2009, 12:18 AM
What are the 'skunks' I saw being referred to? On my scorecard page it said 7 out of 10 skunks had downloaded one of my hairstyles. Just enough to confuse me. :D

It's just wordplay, I believe. Mine changes every single time I view it, "pregnant male Sims", "Servos", "passing by", "teddy bears".

Gangreless
11th Sep 2009, 1:26 AM
So.. what does the "Textile" one refer to? Patterns?

1ove
11th Sep 2009, 1:32 AM
So.. what does the "Textile" one refer to? Patterns?

Nope.

People who recolor clothing receive that (but I don't see it on wallpaper or clothing mesh creators).

daluved1
11th Sep 2009, 1:41 AM
Sorry Gangy! you're not important right now ;)

GuardStud08
11th Sep 2009, 2:04 AM
Nice HP and Delphy! Awesome work! I now have 4 achievements which includes 'Residential Architect' Woot!!

porkypine
11th Sep 2009, 6:56 AM
HOW Fun! :)

I got :

'scribbles on someone else's mesh'! (Textile Designer.)
'Residential architect'
'Carpenter' for making that table with a short leg.
'Beaucoup downloads'
a 'star'
and suspect 'bunny' (Singular so far... but I've heard rumors that they multiply when you aren't looking.)

Thanks!

Do we get a 'Frankenstein's Monste' icon for all the Foolish stuff we've donated to MTS? ;)

kopple36
11th Sep 2009, 7:02 AM
Thanks so much! I'm now a Residential Architect/Puppeteer!

joninmobile
11th Sep 2009, 1:02 PM
I'm right now:

A makeup Designer
Residential Architect
Hair Colorist
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Textile Designer

Can't wait to see what the food, career, walls and floors, garden mesher, and game mod ones will be.

MondayMorning
11th Sep 2009, 3:43 PM
Yeah! I'm an architect! I like the little house. :anime:

HugeLunatic
11th Sep 2009, 4:23 PM
These are highly amusing and just fun! :) My favorite is the Mad Scientist that Delphy has.

tchoa91
11th Sep 2009, 4:36 PM
Thanks, HP and Delphy !
And I want to stress out the very nive work you're doing w/ MTS interface : the navigation bar is awesome. I've noticed the little pics for "Edit", "Reply", etc. Everyday, there's something new and usefull !
It is such a pleasure: a nice community w/ a nice tool :)

joninmobile
11th Sep 2009, 6:47 PM
These are highly amusing and just fun! :) My favorite is the Mad Scientist that Delphy has.

Those are for creators of sims Tools like the any game starter and such. I love decrypting them. Sure you can just click on the picture and it will tell you what it is, but it's more fun to browse uploads and see who has one.

sunken-woglinde
11th Sep 2009, 8:56 PM
Yaaaay! These are soooo adorable. I love the art, and hey, I certainly can't complain about suddenly having more achievements! =D haha

QBUILDERZ
12th Sep 2009, 2:40 AM
Very awesome drawings, and great to have some new ones achievements around!

*must collect them all*

getagirl4
12th Sep 2009, 4:39 AM
These are very cool...thanks. I have the Puppeteer for making sims & Fuzzy Wuzzy even if I only made one pair of eye brows...though I think I should have the Textile Designer also since I have recolored many clothes meshes.

Delphy
12th Sep 2009, 8:30 AM
getagirl: Thanks for the hint - I fixed up the Textile Designer and Hair Stylist to also include recolours of custom meshes too. :)

Ghost sdoj
13th Sep 2009, 2:50 AM
I'm beginning to think the home page needs a thanks button! :)

But where do we go to thank HP for the artwork?

joninmobile
13th Sep 2009, 3:00 AM
I have some ideas for names of some new accomplishments:

Career Creator - Employer
Major Creator - Professor
Neighborhood Map Creator - Civil Engineer
Game Mod Creator - Logician
Garden Center/Decorative Plant Mesher - Gardener
Food Creator - Chef
Tutorial Writer - Teacher

Darth_Beeblebrox
13th Sep 2009, 5:55 AM
These are very cool! Thanks! :) I love all the artwork!

Delphy
13th Sep 2009, 9:49 AM
joninmobile: Names and suggestions for accomplishments are not up for debate. We already have most of them planned out, we just need to do the actual images.

avaya_the_celloist
13th Sep 2009, 3:37 PM
thank u
btw this is my 1st day on this website

HystericalParoxysm
13th Sep 2009, 11:42 PM
Ghost sdoj - On this thread is plenty - I prefer squealy text over someone clicking a button any day. ;)

joninmobile
14th Sep 2009, 7:46 PM
Yay! I'm a carpenter now!

I just noticed.

cool beans. :P

MogHughson
15th Sep 2009, 9:53 PM
I love badges - maybe this will entice me into making different things - I'm rather stuck in my ways with mainly doing mods - I think this might be the carrot to get me to branch out a bit. Must get that lot finished and uploaded!

Hmmmm, maybe that was the whole point?

Audrey
16th Sep 2009, 3:30 PM
What is a Space Pony? That is what it says under my name.

Also, if you have more than 2000 downloads, should you get another 1000 downloads icon?

I'm also a bit confused, in my accomplishments it says I am a Puppeteer, but I would have thought that I was a Plastic Surgeon as I don't manipulate my sims to walk or talk, but I do manipulate and tweak their facial features.

daluved1
16th Sep 2009, 3:52 PM

Also, if you have more than 2000 downloads, should you get another 1000 downloads icon?

I'm also a bit confused, in my accomplishments it says I am a Puppeteer, but I would have thought that I was a Plastic Surgeon as I don't manipulate my sims to walk or talk, but I do manipulate and tweak their facial features.

They work as milestones I believe, so you can only get an acomplishment once...if that makes sense..

And I thought you got the Pupperteer from uploading a Sim.

Esmeralda
16th Sep 2009, 4:22 PM

Yes, you get Puppeteer for uploading a Sim. I'm a Puppeteer, a Makeup Artist, and a Fuzzy Wuzzy! LOL. Still awaiting whether there will be an 'Achievement' for uploading mods - I'm sure it'll also be suitably silly/amusing!

I think the 'Space Pony' title means you've just passed making a certain number of posts and have reached the next level for a new title under your name. You don't get another Downloads icon until you hit 10,000.

MogHughson
16th Sep 2009, 6:23 PM
In my accomplishments it says I am a Puppeteer, but I would have thought that I was a Plastic Surgeon as I don't manipulate my sims to walk or talk, but I do manipulate and tweak their facial features.If you click on the picture of the Puppeteer in your accomplishments so that it opens the picture up as a large version display, you will see text underneath it which tells you what it means - I just looked - it says "Created a Sim".

Audrey
16th Sep 2009, 8:36 PM
Thanks all for the clarification.

sgarciazzy
17th Sep 2009, 4:28 AM
What about an accomplishment badge for how long we've been members... although some of us never got promoted from test subject ;)

Delphy
17th Sep 2009, 10:31 AM
sgarciazzy, thats not really an accomplishment though. :) I mean, anybody who joined 4 years ago and posted once would get it, even if they havent' visited the site for... 4 years.

lewjen
17th Sep 2009, 4:54 PM
I know you don't take requests (you posted this earlier) but wouldn't it be a good idea for an accomplishment for the peopole with the highest download count?
Or woukd it not be possible because it would probably have to keep adding and taking away accomplishments?
I beleive this is something to consider :)

plasticbox
17th Sep 2009, 5:26 PM
There already are icons for N downloads .. therefore, people with lots of downloads already have their "special" icon (like "3 million downloads" which is something that probably about ten people have).

lewjen
17th Sep 2009, 8:13 PM
I'm bot sure if you understood what I meant :)

I meant that the person with the most amount of downloads on the site would get an acheivement along the lines of 'Most downloads on MTS!'
The perspn with the second most amount of downloads would get '2nd most downloads on MTS!' and so on for the first however many.

I hope I explained myself well! :)

Echo
18th Sep 2009, 12:29 AM
lewjen, the person with the most downloads on MTS tends not to change much (or at all, really!). For pretty much the entire TS2 run, I believe Numenor held the title with the CEP. :)

18th Sep 2009, 2:13 AM
Is it possible that lewjen is asking for an achievement for the person who has the most approved UPLOADs? IE, the largest number of moderater-approved download THREADS? ...or perhaps the person with the largest number of uploaded files? [Some uploaders post multiple files in a single thread; should those be counted individually, or as a single "upload"? ...and what about files uploaded as attachments to ordinary messages?]

QBUILDERZ
18th Sep 2009, 3:04 AM
That would make it impossible to "collect them all" especially when there are members who have been here for 5 years and have millions of downloads and hundreds of uploads. The "People" with the highest makes no sense, as there can be only one individual at a time. To single them out wouldn't be an achievement, it is an extremity, thus, it would be a title.

"200 Uploads" = Achievement
"Uploads the most" = Title

Delphy
18th Sep 2009, 7:57 AM
Achievements are meant to be something that anybody can get with time and effort. It is NOT meant to be something to "show off" that you have the most uploads/the highest thanks count/the most downloads, etc. Therefore, NO achievements will be added along those lines - and, incidentally, nor will titles.

Nysha
18th Sep 2009, 1:32 PM
In addition, we would much rather encourage people to upload 5 items which are excellently made, have clearly taken a great deal of time and effort, and are generally awesome; than 500 items which get approved because there's nothing really wrong with them.

18th Sep 2009, 5:15 PM
I agree with all of that; I was just wondering if lewjen was trying to suggest that instead of what y`all seemed to be thinking he was suggesting, and pointing out a few difficulties with the idea.

lewjen
18th Sep 2009, 6:53 PM
Half of what GOD said :)

I was trying to suggest an idea, with the possible problems that would need to be taken into consideration.

Just to clear things up :)

EDIT: I was meaning download *count*, by the way :)

Jellytots
19th Sep 2009, 2:14 PM
Oh, snazzy! I'm a pupeteer... Fancy that! (: I can manipulate things *evil grin*

Only one upload is needed for each thing? So, if for example, I uploaded a hair do, a recolor of a hair do, a new chair mesh, a house, a neighbourhood, a terrian, a car and a mod... Wow. I'd have loads of thingies.

qwertyHarriet
22nd Sep 2009, 10:13 PM
Do you getanything for dowloading lots? I download lots :D I'm awful at creating, I made swimming costumes with body shop for TS2 and I didn't think you'd put them on the site, so I can't really get any aceivements! Makes me feel valued that I have acheived nothing.

qwertyHarriet
22nd Sep 2009, 10:14 PM
Or posting? Forgot to add to post above :P
If you post, say, 1000 times, do you get one? Or is it just for those talented, uploading, beautiful people?

Ghost sdoj
22nd Sep 2009, 11:26 PM
Yes, if you post often enough your title changes. :)

(Although they do prefer you to edit your posts rather than double posting... ;))

daluved1
22nd Sep 2009, 11:40 PM
Or posting? Forgot to add to post above :P
If you post, say, 1000 times, do you get one? Or is it just for those talented, uploading, beautiful people?

If you're really beautiful you get special titles :D

j/k

joninmobile
23rd Sep 2009, 2:30 AM
I know I'm beautiful regardless of my custom title :lol:

Delphy
23rd Sep 2009, 9:47 AM
qwerty: You don't get an achievement for downloading or for posting, no. It's only if you actually create something. :)

fluttereyes
23rd Sep 2009, 2:28 PM
lol, thanks, I'm a residential architect then. Hmm, didn't get anything for my build windows or my mods, but I'm just happy it doesn't say makeup artist, I wear that badge in reality hahaha

Nysha
23rd Sep 2009, 3:16 PM
The point of the achievements is to encourage people to try their hand at something new - so your first attempt at modding sucked; so does everyone's. :) If you fancy a pretty badge, why not have a poke at our tutorials? I promise, if you're willing to put in a reasonable amount of time and effort, and pull out a little bit of hair; you can mod.

MogHughson
2nd Oct 2009, 5:37 PM
Do apartment lots count for the "Residential Architect" badge, or is there a future plan for another badge for apartments and so we won't get one until that is created?

Guardgian
15th Oct 2009, 7:34 AM
Very funny and nice idea, I love it ! I also love the new way the people's titles are presented. That's so great and useful.

Thank you Delphy and HP for always creating more for our fun.

CatOfEvilGenius
31st May 2010, 7:23 PM
I'm willing to wait, but curious what else is planned. My guesses/suggestions below. ;)

dermatologist - made a sim skin
fashionista - made an accessory (jewelry, hat, scarf, slippers, that's why it's not just "jeweller")
botanist - made plants / trees / flowers / shrubs / harvestables
landscaper - made terrain paints
house painter - made walls paints / flooring
chef - made food

Achievements have really grown on me. I thought they were silly at first, but your Skinner box methods have completely converted me! Achievements are adorable and I want them all!

fthomas
7th Jun 2010, 5:22 PM
Wow, COEG, that would be awesome.
What great suggestions :]

mickies22
26th Jun 2010, 2:26 PM
I don't really use the Achievements as pure motivation, They are nice to have though, Especially the Bunny i think thats ones the best ^_^

I just enjoy uploading to MTS and seeing all the other great things that get uploaded, I don't do it for "Achievements"