View Full Version : Problems with catalog description
14th Sep 2009, 10:39 AM
Hello :) First of all, this is the first time I'm trying to create something for the Sims 3, so be warned for my noobness. I've been trying to convert two of my own pencil drawings into paintings, using the latest version of s3oc/s3pe (and having read every letter of the tutorial!), and I've run into a problem that I can't seem to fix. I've used the 'Cars' painting for both, but for some reason the description of my second painting is replaced with a string of random numbers (see pictures). I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated :) (I've also tried fixing the package again with the cloner, but no luck)
The images do show up fine however:
14th Sep 2009, 10:50 AM
My first thought is you have not used "Renumber" but that would probably have meant your 2nd painting would override the EA original. Can you confirm it does not?
Another reason could be you don't have the STBL (string file) for your country in the package. Check that too. Open two instances of s3pe and open both your pictures you made. See if you can spot anything different between the contents of both of them that could explain why one is working and the other is not.
14th Sep 2009, 04:14 PM
Thank you for the quick reply :)
I've checked whether the second one replaces the cars painting in game, but apparently it doesn't overwrite.
I've deleted the old packages and started again from scratch, to make sure I did use Renumber. What I did differently now is when you first clone the base object, I didn't change the package name yet. I changed it when it was completely finished. And voila, they both worked fine!
Thank you for the help, now I can finally get started with the Mucha painting set I've been wanting to upload!
6th Oct 2009, 02:22 AM
I had the same problem as Martine. I've noticed that the very first object I clone has its descriptions show up correctly. Then, if I try to clone another object of the same type, I get a string of number garbage instead of the descriptions. However, I don't think I have this problem if I close the cloner after each clone.
I have "renumber' checked, and they don't replace the EA originals. I checked the STBLs in s3pe, and all my text is there. I'm not sure what else I could be missing.
7th Oct 2009, 03:37 PM
I had the same problem also, but with terrains. The first clone shows names and description ok. If I clone more terrains using the same base without closing spc (changing names always when cloning, not fixing), they show numbers and not replace originals.
The only way I found to make them show the text was closing spc every time I made a clone.
9th Oct 2009, 03:19 PM
Thank you, I confirm there is a s3oc problem here.
9th Oct 2009, 11:07 PM
Inge & Marina, thanks for confirming. It's good to know it's not just me borking things up.
11th Oct 2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the report.
Fixed in latest version.
Thread closed :). Any problems, please start a new one.
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.