PDA

View Full Version : Finding the default easel painting files in the Sims 2 directory

JollySam
7th Jan 2010, 2:21 AM
I have been looking in the Sims 2 package files for the default easel painting texture files, so that I can extract them, turn them into JPEGs, and paint them as custom paintings instead.

Unfortunately, I can't find which package file contains the easel paintings. There are many, many package files containing hundreds of jpegs each, so does anyone know which one contains the canvas paintings?

Thanks alot,
JollySam

Echo
9th Jan 2010, 3:39 PM
The painting images aren't JPGs, they're TXTRs, but you should be able to import new images into SimPE if you save your pictures as PNG images first. :)

If you clone the canvas using Object Workshop, but disable the TGI IDs fixing, you get all the right TXTR files for the paintings. I've attached a package with them all in there though, if it helps. :)

JollySam
11th Jan 2010, 9:11 AM
The painting images aren't JPGs, they're TXTRs, but you should be able to import new images into SimPE if you save your pictures as PNG images first. :)

If you clone the canvas using Object Workshop, but disable the TGI IDs fixing, you get all the right TXTR files for the paintings. I've attached a package with them all in there though, if it helps. :)

Thanks alot, Echo. It worked.