PDA

View Full Version : CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

Delphy
7th Feb 2010, 12:52 AM
Hi All,

What is this?

Welcome to the new tool. Clean Up Sims3packs Today! Also, raise dead. aka CUSTARD.

Also known as:
Clean Up Sims3packs - Totally Amazing Rubbish Detection (CUSTARD)
Clean Up Sims3packs Today And Revere Delphy (CUSTARD)
Clean up simspacks - totally automated rubbish detection (moar CUSTARD)
Clean up Sims3Packs today! Or die young.(CUSTODY)
Clean Up Sims3Packs Today! Advanced Research Division (Mmm birds eye...)
Clean Up Sims3Packs Today! Only MTS (CUSTOM)

aka CUSTARD: TO FIX UR PUDDINGS

(Thanks to Leesester, Davey and CN)

What does it do?

This tool is basically the "Clean" part of the old Sims2Pack Clean Installer that some of you may remember from TS2 days. It features the same functionality as the TS3 Dashboard, but works solely on Sims3Packs.

You can use it to basically "clean" your Sims3Packs, and also see if they have any corrupted packages inside.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/images/100206124815-sims3pack%20cleaner.jpg

NOTICE - Read this!

This tool is in ALPHA stage. This means that it might have bugs. This is NOT intended to be on general distribution and ONLY people who are willing to test the tool should be using it.

How do I use it?

Extract, open the tool. Open a Sims3Pack.
Uncheck stuff you don't want in the resulting file.
Save or Save As.

Note: You currently cannot right click a Sims3Pack and use Open With.

Note THIS TOOL DOES NOT INSTALL SIMS3PACKS INTO THE GAME.

Requirements

.NET Framework 2.0
Some Sims3Packs :)

Changelog

v1.0.3922.35965:

- Fixed bug where selecting ANY package file to be disabled corrupted the XML of the saved Sims3Pack, thus making the entire Sims3Pack unusable.

v1.0.3830.15895:

Fixed some bugs, but it's been so long that I can't remember which ones. :) Probably something to do with clearing the list up properly or something.... :)

v1.0.3786.38707:

Fixed the following bugs:
1) Didn't actually remove anything from the Sims3Pack, just removed it from the XML.
2) Had errors in the DimX, DimZ and sizes. (Reporting negative log sizes)
3) Had errors in the other metatags.
4) Was missing PackageId and Date.
5) Didn't correctly remove Lot thumbnails
6) Was missing lotName
7) Was missing EPFlags

Added:
1) Object description appears in Description column
2) Button to uncheck all thumbnails

Feedback wanted

I'm mostly interested in using this to load as many Sims3Packs as possible, of all types and sizes, and seeing what the resulting file looks like in terms of 1) Does it work :) 2) What the filesize is and 3) If anything is missing.

Please use the Debug menu to dump the Raw and Generated XML and then zip up and upload the resulting file, to help me out. :)

Claeric
7th Feb 2010, 1:11 AM
I get this when I put in certain files. It seems to happen with a few, and I'm doing it with some files that I never got to work.

I tried it with the Tiki Fullset, for example. I can't click anything without this box coming up.

I'm mostly interested in using this to load as many Sims3Packs as possible, of all types and sizes, and seeing what the resulting file looks like in terms of 1) Does it work 2) What the filesize is and 3) If anything is missing.

I'd gladly load an entire folder of 500MB of Sims3Packs...but you can't multi-select. Must you do it 1 by 1 or is this an oversight? (Not that it's possible to mess with with this error, anyway :p)

Delphy
7th Feb 2010, 1:22 AM
This is an individual Sims3Pack cleaner. It is not and never will be designed to "multi-select" multiple files. That would really serve no purpose whatsoever and be totally contrary to this tools main purpose - cleaning and removing unwanted chunks from a single Sims 3 Pack. So, no, it's not an "oversight".

I'll take a look and see if I have those files and try and replicate it

Edit: Okay, fixed and uploaded again. It wasn't clearing the listview properly when you did File Open. :) Now it does. I also fixed a small bug with the Dump XML.

Claeric
7th Feb 2010, 1:31 AM
You said you were mostly interested to see what would happen if you loaded "as many as possible" (plural) and seeing what "the"(singular) resulting file was like, and what the "file size"(singular) was like, etc.

The way it's written now is singular, it makes it seem you want to see what one file made up of a bunch of files would be like. ;) Sorry for the confusion. I think you mean to say you want to load various files, and see what the resulting files are like and if they work. Make sense? :D

I will try again and see if the error went away.

Edit: Nope, now I get this, which is weird because package files aren't involved at all! Same file and everything, for consistency:

Delphy
7th Feb 2010, 9:45 AM
Actually, a Sims3Pack is just a container for packages, so it's not suprising that some of them would have issues.

The error you are getting is only when you try clicking on one of the patterns to preview it. This is not really what I want people to be testing right now... :)

Specifically, I want to know any errors on loading and saving a Sims3Pack - not ones that happen when you click on items to preview them (that comes later).

Thanks for helping btw.

dolldrms1
7th Feb 2010, 11:02 AM
Okay, Delphy, I downloaded the alpha custard. I knew from the dashboard thread that the Stylist Sims deco 01 s3p's contained files with corrupt TXTC's, so I downloaded them. The pics show the report of the corrupt texture and after I fixed with the tool.

I then opened a house that I knew had installed patterns which I most likely wouldn't have wanted installed. I unchecked the png's and the patterns then saved it as an s3p.

The rar contains the original s3p's and the "copy" s3ps indicate what the new s3p ended up as so you can get size comparisons. I'm sorry but I didn't know what to do about the xml file request you made. When I clicked on debug it brought up the folder from which I had taken the s3p's and it just indicated that "no items match your search". Guess I need more instructions to get that part accomplished for you.

I will be following the thread to see what else I can do to help.

Gamineannie
7th Feb 2010, 10:21 PM
Okay tried this on three different packages: the Store's own Explorer's Loot and two lots from MTS: Jardin Adoree and Waterfront residence. Jardin contained 5 or 6 thumbnails (jpegs) and Explorer's had a png thumbnail enclosed. I unchecked these items, saved the files and did the attached xmls. Tried to check the files again and neither will open - I get an error with each.
forgive me that I cannot include screenshots of same but they read
1. Explorer's Loot: unexpected end of file - following elements not enclosed:Guid, Packaged File, Sims3Package, Line 181 position 20
2. Jardin Adoree: unexpected end of file while parsing name has occurred at Line82 position 14
Also tried on Waterfront residence which contains about 13 thumbnails. Can still open this in CUSTARD, but it always reappears with the 13 thumbnails still in place.
Hope this helps. Have not included the two lots in the rar files with the xmls, but both are available here on MTS and Explorer's Loot is a free download at the store when you register WA.

Delphy
8th Feb 2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the tests, Gamineannie. :)

I've uploaded a new version today, which fixes the following bugs:

* Crash when clicking on a pattern in the listview
* Fixed saved Sims3Packs not having correct XML Length
* Added some description fields
* Added File -> Exit menu
* Fixed bug with unchecking packages/thumbnails not actually removing them

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/16119_100207182744CUSTARD.rar

Gamineannie
8th Feb 2010, 8:49 PM
Delphy, updated the download and the lots' thumbnails now disappear as they are supposed to. Great job!
As for the fix button, here are the xmls for a lot and a painting (I had a lot of paintings picked as blue lot causers with the Dashboard, so wanted to check these, too). I opened each file, saved as a copy, opened the copy and pressed the fix button, then did tlhe debug for the xml. No error codes, except my old lot from yesterday will not open. I've also deleted my Explorer's Loot file, so I can redownload from EA.

magnetic_cat
12th Feb 2010, 1:57 PM
Delphy - I was using this merrily - and after fixing about 15 files remembered that I was meant to be dumping the XML docs for you!! Unfortunately, after I remembered this, I only found one more corrupt sims3pack. I've attached an XML file that came up when I went to the debug menu. (Eek I've just read that you wanted raw & generated... I've already shut the programme... will one file suffice?)

Anyway, thanks so much for all the stuff you make. As for this programme, it seems to do a good job so far :)
One possible "bug" (I'm not sure if that's what it is) I've encountered with it is that sometimes after checking lots of files, the main white window (with the checkboxes) displays the data of a formerly tested item, not the current one. (E.g. I tested a chair from Vita Sims... then I tried to check a lipstick by Subaxi... and it still had the data from the chair... then I tried to test more items, but it still showed the chair's data... However, it did show the correct data each time in the grey space down the bottom of the window. Does that make sense?)

Cheers, and although I'm a layperson, I'm more than happy to test more of your creations when they're alpha (hell, I'm beyond caring about my Sims... The game has been absolutely destroyed by EA... I'd much rather one of your alpha tools screwed up my game that one of the wretched EA abominations...) I've used your QuickBlueLotObjectFixer and your dashboard. Yum!

ellacharmed
27th Feb 2010, 2:57 PM
Delphy,
when I do a Save/SaveAs, the new sims3Pack file has the installed icon in the Download tab of Launcher when it hasn't been installed yet.

I had trouble installing the file when I had pre-existing .dbc files; so I ran the fixes as follows. But when I cleared the DCCache folder, the original file installed just fine, well so did the rest for that matter. The xml files differ only with the decrapified file.

what I did: [filename prefixes]
no changes to original file:
did a save as: [saveAs*]
did a save as-fix-save: [custard*]
used the recompressor dated Feb 22nd: [decrap*]

lowprofile
6th Mar 2010, 4:19 AM
This is an individual Sims3Pack cleaner. It is not and never will be designed to "multi-select" multiple files. That would really serve no purpose whatsoever and be totally contrary to this tools main purpose - cleaning and removing unwanted chunks from a single Sims 3 Pack.

This is just a suggestion, but could you have an option where it could analyze large groups of Sims3pack files and automagically remove jpg, gif, and png files from them? This could be an optional "fix" and of course the person using it would have to realize their files might not come out ok in the end... lol. Though, theoretically, there shouldn't be a problem.

magnetic_cat
6th Mar 2010, 9:27 AM
@lowprofile
I believe Delphy isn't going to create a batch operation for this programme - he didn't do so for his BlueLotObjectFixer and I don't think he will for this. I think it's because he doesn't want it to be used by the masses while it is still in its alpha stage - as this could potentially lead to a) laypeople asking millions of questions about it and clogging up this testing thread b) bugs in the programme borking people's games (and dealing with the implicit liability there) and c) laypeople misusing the programme and thereby destroying their games (by deleting important files without understanding the implications etc.)

I may be wrong, but this is my assessment of the situation. :)

lowprofile
8th Mar 2010, 6:28 AM
I see - too bad. :( Thank you, though, magnetic_cat! :)

DaveyDaVinci
9th Mar 2010, 5:44 PM
Delphy! I couldn't get it to raise my dead! ;)

Delphy
11th Mar 2010, 1:52 PM
magnetic_cat: Actually I wont do a multi-file batch version becuase it's not designed to do operations on multiple files. ;) It's simply a Sims 3 version of the Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer - designed for Creators to clean up Sims3Packs and remove any custom content they dont want in the final file.

magnetic_cat
22nd Mar 2010, 2:01 PM
@Delphy:
That's good enough for me! :D

suzetter
23rd Mar 2010, 11:52 PM
Hi Delphy.
I packaged a lot I made and found that some cc items were attached to the lot/sim3 pack. (more detail here - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=396447&goto=newpost&posted=1#post3106807). Of the several cc items still showing after I removed all cc from game (caches, etc) only one cc item was actually a part of that lot--a large screen tv. When I ran the sim3 pack through Custard last night the program revealed the lot package and several thumbnails, I saved the file without the thumbnails. Checking the new generated file the cc items were now gone-the tv was no longer on the lot and the errant cc catalog items were cleared as well. Attached are the xml files.

I made some changes to the lot today and after packaging ran the sims3 pack through custard and it showed the lot package, some thumbnails and the big screen tv (which I suspected would be there). I saved the file without the cc TV and thumbnails. When I tried to open the clean file to get the xml dump for you. I received an error message of an unhandled exception I tried to ignore and continue but the program could not. Attached is the xml dump of the sim3pack cleaned today, the error msg and exception details. Did I do something funky or isthe file funky?

Despite the problem with today's sims3pack, I really like this program. It was very easy to use and located the unwanted files on the lot which I would have been unable to have done otherwise. Thanks for the program. :up:

suzetter :)

mct-03
18th Apr 2010, 4:06 AM
Is there a Mac version for this?

suzetter
23rd Apr 2010, 2:49 PM
I successfully used Custard on my first two uploads (Sir Riverview TS3/WA 2.5 and Lake Barrett TS3 1.9). Tried using it again on 3 lot uploads and the rar kept reading empty even though the lots were there and I was able to load the lots into my game. I tried only deleting the cc and leaving the thumbnails but the rar still gave the empty file warning (warning some files may be empty in this sims3pack). One of the 3 uploads is actually a reupload of Lake Barrett which I am moving to a team account. I thought maybe something happened to the original rar so I exported the lot again fresh from the game and still I got the empty file warning. (??) I downloaded the lot from the rar into my game and it appeared fine so I am thinking the empty file warning may have been a false warning. When I uploaded the lot without using custard I did not get the empty file message. Attached are the two sim3 packs of the lot --the lot sims3pack (intact - no custard) and the lot sims3pack after I deleted the thumbnails and cc using custard, also included is the XMl dump.

EDit: Please let me know if you have any idea why I am getting these results. Thank you.

Delphy
6th May 2010, 8:46 AM
Hi suzetter,

Sorry I missed your post. I don't understand something - what, exactly, is reporting the "empty file" problem you are seeing? If you get this issue before you are even using custard (ie the one that you exported fresh from the game and got it) then I don't think it's a custard issue, but I'd need more details.

suzetter
6th May 2010, 9:39 AM
Hi Delphy,

The warning message was post custard. The message was after I had used custard and uploaded the file. The download section of the page listed the rar with a 0 file size and then below that list the actual file size and there would be a message "Warning this package may contain empty files". Originally the three lot rars were okay (one was already accepted in the download section and the other two were in the moderation queue) but I moved them from my account to a team account and after uploading them via the team account was when I first got the empty file warning. I exported the lots many times from the game but kept getting that message after running it through custard and uploading to MTS. The only time I didn't receive the empty file warning was when I didn't run the sims3pack through custard. I took the lots out of my game and downloaded them from the upload rars that were giving the warning message. The lots loaded into my game okay. I don't know why these lots were triggering that message once uploaded after going through custard, especially since I didn't have that problem with my first upload files. The back and forth over these files is in my creator issues thread dated 4/19.

suzetter

Delphy
7th May 2010, 8:23 AM
Sounds like it's a problem with the Sims3Pack code here on MTS, in conjunction with the XML that Custard produces. I'll look into it, thanks. :)

Delphy
14th May 2010, 10:43 PM
Okay, I've updated CUSTARD to fix a bunch of bugs. The XML output and resulting Sims3Pack was just plain wrong before. So hopefully this version should be better :)

Sir Charming
15th May 2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks I'll try it.

suzetter
15th May 2010, 4:02 PM
Hi Delphy,

I'm still getting the empty file warning message when using custard even though the files are present and working okay. I reloaded my game and thought Custard was working for me okay now so I reupload three lots. Two are still in the moderator queue under Sir Charming (team account). There was a problem with Lake Barrett lot and so I reuploaded using the newest verison of Custard but still had empty file warning problem. With the new version of Custard my sim3pack had a much smaller file size (??) if that is of any significance. This is such a great tool. I really wish it would work for me. Let me know if you need me to send you anything on the lot files for further analysis. Thanks.

suzetter :)

Delphy
15th May 2010, 4:29 PM
The error with missing files is not a problem with CUSTARD, it's a problem with the upload script that checks Sims3Packs. The new CUSTARD seems to be working fine - I just tested it on the Lake Barrett lot. :)

caroline81
16th May 2010, 1:10 AM
Delphy I can't help you much because of my poor english language but I want to thank you for this tool. It found corrupted files from my downloads (from 2 sets from Vitasims and other). Also its perfect tool to check what sims3pack contain for example from exchange, if item have some cc stuff, naked stuff (that are main problems from exchange) etc thanks a lot! You made good work with dashboard and with custard

HugeLunatic
31st May 2010, 12:00 AM
Would it be possible have the Uncheck all Images button static to someplace else? Or maybe so that it moves when the app is resized so the button doesn't stay in the same place covering stuff? (see pic) Or even in the menu somewhere on top? Shiny buttons are awesome :p but I like to view the app a bit bigger than the default size. Being able to uncheck all images is nice, but did I miss being able to uncheck all except the lot? Would be nice for lots with tons of sneaky packages hitching a ride.

magician
10th Jun 2010, 3:17 AM
I really wish I can understand this but I don't. I download then there's 3 files or whatever in my .Rar. Now what do I do?

HugeLunatic
10th Jun 2010, 4:22 AM
Unarchive to a folder, then double click the Sims3PackCleaner.exe, go to file/open then choose your sims3pack.

JenC
11th Jun 2010, 9:02 PM
Delphy,

I'm trying to help a friend clean up some of his files, that the doll got to, using this program..

He keeps getting error messages that look almost exactly like the ones in the first reply post here..

I've had him remove it, and sent him a copy, via yahoo, of the .rar I had saved on my pc, downloaded from here.. On my pc the program runs just fine.. I do notice, however, that after a save, I DO need to close down the program and reopen it or the descriptions tend to ghost over to other items.. (I'm at work right now so cannot check, but when I get home, I will verify I have the most recent version.. It was just last week or so when I downloaded it.. as did he.)

My questions are involving his error messages tho. I've verified that he has .Net framework 2.0, he's running Windows XP, SP2, and has properly unpacked the custard files into a folder all by themselves.

He has tried to do the fixes both inside the dl's folder, as well as outside it, in a backup folder on his desktop.

Do you have any ideas, suggestions, or work arounds?

suzetter
13th Jun 2010, 8:29 AM
Hi,
I tried Custard on a new lot that has CC windows and furniture and the cc didn't show up on the custard list. I'm patched to date with Ambitions and my mods folder is now in the /my documents/EA... location. I'm wondering if Custard is not picking up the cc files or if the cc files are not being exported with the lot due to the new changes with how the game is recognizing and handling cc. Your thoughts?

Delphy
13th Jun 2010, 6:06 PM
suzetter: If it's not in the list that shows up in custard, then it isn't in the sims3pack, plain and simple. So in other words, the saved / exported sims3pack from the game doesn't contain the cc.

suzetter
13th Jun 2010, 10:35 PM
Okay, thanks. This would mean that the game now identifies custom content and doesn't export it with the lot. Cool.

kathy4321
14th Jun 2010, 5:25 PM
Hi, I saw that thread on that doll and it lead to this remover but the file is in the DC backup folder and on another drive too that backed up to. I have one question, will removing those files that contain the 0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package be good enough or should I reinstall Windows or the Sims 3? My game has been crashing like mad here. Let me know and thanks! :D
Also. using this tool does not show that the file is open. There is nothing listed to see.

littlebird1614
19th Jun 2010, 6:18 AM
I found a corrupted file and unchecked it and went to save and I got an error saying

'Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attemt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Acess to the path 'C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads\A Berry Historical Library.Sims3Pack' is denied.'

And i click continue and nothing changes.

Also, what am i supposed to to with the 'MadScience.dll files that come with it?

Delphy
19th Jun 2010, 7:37 AM
littlebird: The MadScience files are required for the program to work. You aren't supposed to "do" anything with them - just have them in the same folder.

kathy: The doll wont be causing your game to crash. It'll be something else.

xdeadmanzbabiix
19th Jun 2010, 3:07 PM
Delphy, ok so, this is my problem..

I can't see anything. I'm not sure if it's the game it's self, my neighborhood, or maybe the code, but I can't select sims. When I move my curser over them it acts like it's gonna let me click on them, but when I try to it doesn't let me; no intereactions what-so-ever comes up. Before I switched all my codes over, it was only showing the teenagers and one of the adults in the side, now it's showing noone in the side and noone in the bottom. I can't even expand the sim panel to find out there needs or anything now. Before I switched the codes over it did let me do that. I don't know if this has been a problem for other people or not, but it's really weird that everthing would go hay-wire right after I installed ambitions.

At first, I uninstalled all the cc (the .package ones) and it didn't help. So I uninstalled Ambitions and reinstalled.. didn't help. But everytime I went to a different household, everything showed up, I just couldn't click them. Then I uninstalled all sims 3 games, still did not help. It was the same as before, I could see everything fine, I just could not interact with any sim! So I again took out all the cc (only the .package ones again) and it's been working fine. I can click other sims and everything, just as I should. And that's with the Sims3Pack files in it. I've got the doll that was pictured on the sims 3 official site. I never downloaded it, but I downloaded your cleaner to try and get rid of it. Thing is, I checked every Sims3Pack file and no 'doll' appeared it them.

Do you think that there's something eles, or can the 'doll virus' attach to .package files? And if so, is there a cleaner that I can use to see where it's at in them?

jmtmom
19th Jun 2010, 5:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the doll that caused my game to crash. As soon as I removed it all crashing and saving errors stopped. I made no other alterations to my game. I guess I could reinstall it and see if it starts crashing again, but no thanks.

EA took the whole doll debacle seriously enough to issue warnings and is rapidly culling assets. It's probably broader though, there's a lot of bad CC on the Exchange, not just the doll. That's why this tool is so helpful and should be used to check every Sims3Pack before it is installed.

Buzzler
19th Jun 2010, 5:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the doll that caused my game to crash. As soon as I removed it all crashing and saving errors stopped. I made no other alterations to my game. I guess I could reinstall it and see if it starts crashing again, but no thanks.Well, it would still be nice if you would make sure of it. AFAIK nobody successfully re-enacted anything but the attaching to exported content so far. When I tested it it certainly didn't cause any crashes - or anything else out of the ordinary. There's a lot of FUD and poorly documented charges against this doll around. With the internets being what they are, falsehoods have a habit of spreading and overgrowing the truth.

I don't want to neglect your experience BTW. I just ask for wariness when making such claims.

kathy4321
19th Jun 2010, 6:18 PM
Thanks Delphy! I had gotten a doll that needed to be deleted and though I manually did this, it kept showing up. Your program seems to have done the trick. :D I appreciate it and you rock.

kathy4321
19th Jun 2010, 6:20 PM
Also, my game quit crashing but I think that was due in part to having so many cheats running at the same time. :D

Delphy
19th Jun 2010, 6:24 PM
Buzzler: Pescado already looked at the doll, and it basically doesn't do anything harmful, only attaching itself to sims3packs (not packages) when they are saved.

Can we, however, keep discussion to usage of this program, and not on CC issues? Thanks.

wileywriter
20th Jun 2010, 4:08 PM
when i click the link to download your clean installer, i get a window that says 'save' or 'find'. when i click find, another window picks up with .rar and .zip installers. i'm not sure if its supposed to do that, and if so, could you please lend a hand? i just found out about the creepy doll today and what it can do to my game, and have actually just had a baby born with weird skin tone and then grow up into a toddler with womens boots for legs. any help would be much appreciated.

lmatt34
21st Jun 2010, 4:29 PM
I downloaded the program and tried to open via WinZip but as soon as i did it says that the program has stopped working. Has anyone else on windows 7 had this problem? How do you fix it?

rebecah
21st Jun 2010, 4:38 PM
I want to thank you for creating this tool, it is something we really need in this community. Thank-you Delphi!

Delphy
21st Jun 2010, 7:27 PM
lmatt34 extract the program before use

HystericalParoxysm
21st Jun 2010, 7:29 PM
wileywriter - That's due to stuff you already have in your game. CUSTARD isn't going to help with that - and those problems are not due to the doll. See the Help section for info on removing problem custom content.

Missa
22nd Jun 2010, 3:49 AM
This is great Delphy you're wonderful :P Sorry gotta ass kiss, you don't happen to be a donkey do you? It would be less embarrassing for me then ... Ahaha *coughs*

Anyway I was wondering if you could make this able to batch open? Or make a program as such. You know for us CC whores *points at self* that have WAY too many sims3packs to go through one by one?

Just a suggestion! If it's already been suggested than uh just read the top ass kissing part :D

wondersueak
23rd Jun 2010, 4:36 AM
when I open my mods/packages folder in custard it is blank. says no files found. when I look the folder up in documents it shows the packages. like the low lifetime rewards one. No packages will showup in custard.
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5230/custard.jpg (http://img693.imageshack.us/i/custard.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

jacqpinks
23rd Jun 2010, 5:31 AM
thanx heaps for this program I am loving it and will check anything now not that I will download cc anymore but thanx and way to go for helping us simmers who have been hit by this stupid doll.

HugeLunatic
23rd Jun 2010, 6:26 AM
wondersueak - Your opening a package file - not a sims3pack. CUSTARD is for cleaning up sims3packs. If your looking to check packages in your downloads folder then I think you want Dashboard (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006).

wondersueak
23rd Jun 2010, 7:52 AM
oh! okay. Geez I can't believe I made that mistake. sorry!

SIMCITIZEN4
23rd Jun 2010, 1:20 PM
Hi, I have some lots which have corrupted files in the Sims3Pack. I click on fix corrupted and it shows as fixed and I then save the file. When I open it up again I have 57 (yes I counted them lol) files that are now listed as corrupted (not a DBPF). These files are all the files that were below the corrupted file and they take on the name of the file that was originally above the corrupted file.

If I just unselect the corrupt file and save the Sims3Pack without it I get the same result.

Attaching pics.

Please help. Thanks

Delphy
23rd Jun 2010, 7:06 PM
Do you still have the original Sims3Pack? Can you send it to me.

SIMCITIZEN4
24th Jun 2010, 8:52 AM
Do you still have the original Sims3Pack? Can you send it to me.

Yes I have the original but it is 22mb and the allowed size for zip attachments is 10mb . I can email it to you if you like but you don't have a link for emails.

If you prefer here is the download link for the file but the creator has not compressed it so it is more than double the size.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1lokemxjwyi

Please let me know how I can get the file to you.

wondersueak
27th Jun 2010, 7:59 AM
infinity thumbs up!!! I recently got the doll before finding out about this and finding out how to get rid of it. long story short, I ended up doing a complete wipe of it on my game.

Delphy
27th Jun 2010, 9:14 AM
SIMCITIZEN4: Thanks, I'll take a look

lowercaseeyes
27th Jun 2010, 9:25 PM
Are you going to make one that can be used by Mac users? I've got the virus doll and have tried manually deleting it myself but it's hidden in other areas that I don't know how to access. Also I'm sure I've got a few regular CC corruptions as well that I'd like gone.

Ath3las
3rd Jul 2010, 1:48 PM
infinity thumbs up!!! I recently got the doll before finding out about this and finding out how to get rid of it. long story short, I ended up doing a complete wipe of it on my game.

I did that as well,

I don't really understand what you guys are actually doing although I have used the sims 2 cleaner,it scares me a bit, but thank you ALL for making and testing this tool ... I really appreciate it.

Sweetvivie
4th Jul 2010, 6:13 PM
Thanks you very much,

I tried it, and I love it.. very good programm. Whit this programm I saw how many corrupeted items I had in .sims3pack,, oh my good

kellysantina
5th Jul 2010, 11:12 PM
Delphy,
Have you had any other people come to you with problems installing your program?
My WinZip can't open the program and I keep getting weird messages each time I try.

For example:

"C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\100514164012-CUSTARD.rar could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location."

Delphy
5th Jul 2010, 11:34 PM
kellysantina: try using WinRAR or 7zip to extract the file - oh, and do Save As, instead of Open, when you download.

kellysantina
6th Jul 2010, 6:24 AM
Hmmm..Delphy, I downloaded 7zip and this is the message I get now

"C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\100514164012-CUSTARD-7.rar could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences."

Lol...hmm I can't figure out what's going on!

jvenn
7th Jul 2010, 10:55 AM
Hi, I have some lots which have corrupted files in the Sims3Pack. I click on fix corrupted and it shows as fixed and I then save the file. When I open it up again I have 57 (yes I counted them lol) files that are now listed as corrupted (not a DBPF). These files are all the files that were below the corrupted file and they take on the name of the file that was originally above the corrupted file.

Was there an explanation/solution to this, as I am getting this happen too...

SIMCITIZEN4
8th Jul 2010, 10:44 AM

Was there an explanation/solution to this, as I am getting this happen too...

Hi, jvenn as far as I know no solution yet. I read this thread everyday but am still waiting. Delphy did say that he would look at the file that I uploaded and I am just assuming that he is busy or something. :)

LeahxRIx
10th Jul 2010, 11:20 PM
Hi,

I am trying to use the Sim 3 Pack Cleaner and thought I was doing it right until I came here and saw the images up of what this program can actually do. I don't see thumbnails of the files. I don't get red x's or green check marks if things are bad or good. Also, when I close out of the program a pop up box informs me that the program was not installed correctly. I've spent 2 days trying to read up on this and looking for a solution. Not being able to find anything, now I'm here. I am assuming (especially since I get that pop up) that I didn't not install the program correctly. Could someone please tell me where the files go?

Thanks for this. It's very handy to have. I was changing the names of my downloads and the names of the files created in DCBackup to match the file names of packages so if I didn't want a d/l anymore, the backup file would be easy to locate. That was a lot of work. I also found out that we aren't supposed to change any file names. So this program is a blessing!

caroline81
12th Jul 2010, 11:01 AM
Hmmm..Delphy, I downloaded 7zip and this is the message I get now

"C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\100514164012-CUSTARD-7.rar could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences."

Lol...hmm I can't figure out what's going on!

Did you install 7zip? Try to click on Custard with right click and choose option open with 7zip.
If this not help maybe download winrar.

caroline81
12th Jul 2010, 11:02 AM
Hi,

I am trying to use the Sim 3 Pack Cleaner and thought I was doing it right until I came here and saw the images up of what this program can actually do. I don't see thumbnails of the files. I don't get red x's or green check marks if things are bad or good. Also, when I close out of the program a pop up box informs me that the program was not installed correctly. I've spent 2 days trying to read up on this and looking for a solution. Not being able to find anything, now I'm here. I am assuming (especially since I get that pop up) that I didn't not install the program correctly. Could someone please tell me where the files go?

Leah I wrote some tutorial how to use Custard tool. It is with pictures. Maybe it will be easier for you to use now
http://glitzyangel-sim.blogspot.com/2010/05/custard-tool-by-delphy.html

LeahxRIx
12th Jul 2010, 5:07 PM
wow ... ouch .... thanks? .......

SIMCITIZEN4
13th Jul 2010, 9:49 AM
Hi Delphy, I don't mean to be a nuisance but have you had the time to take a look at the file that I uploaded (post #55 and your answer post #59) and if so do you have a solution?

Thanks

Delphy
13th Jul 2010, 10:45 AM
SIMCITIZEN: I did take a look and I couldn't reproduce the issues here. I might have fixed it somewhere in the code in the meantime without knowing though...

mimi250
13th Jul 2010, 1:20 PM
Hi

I downloaded this program a few days ago, and I like it.. But If I check a house with it, I'd like to know where the patterns are from.. We have the name of the sites for the objects but no informations for the patterns.. Thank in advance

SIMCITIZEN4
14th Jul 2010, 9:41 AM
SIMCITIZEN: I did take a look and I couldn't reproduce the issues here. I might have fixed it somewhere in the code in the meantime without knowing though...

Ok thanks, jvenn (post #66) got the same error as I did.

Will wait for new version with fixed code.

Thanks for all your help. :up:

Myshia
16th Jul 2010, 8:45 AM
Thanks for this tool :)
Just a suggestion, can you make it open multiple sims3pack files. It's very tiring looking through borked stuff in around 3200 files.

Delphy
16th Jul 2010, 12:57 PM
Myshia: Sorry, wont happen. It's designed for Creators to open up individual files, to make sure they can remove any unneeded custom content etc, prior to upload,

Firestaar1
18th Jul 2010, 5:10 PM
Hey Delphy I'm not a creator however I've found this tool quite useful. I wanted to give you some feedback in case you're still needing any. I have no problems opening up the Sims 3 pack files, however seeing exactly what the other content is only happens when I run the file over S3RC. Most of the time when I do that, and uncheck all the added stuff I don't want to DL into my game then save the edited copy it works fine. However I've run across a couple houses that once I do this the launcher will not install the house. To me that's no big deal as I figured if I HAVE to DL the CC just to get the house that's one house I don't need.

Anyway as I said just a little feedback for your, and thank you so much for the wonderful tools you develop that helps our Sims 3 game experience be more enjoyable

KarinL
19th Jul 2010, 10:49 PM
I have a very strange issue. I use a Mac (using Mono and X11), and I can open the tool just fine. Only it seems that after a few files, the tool is no longer checking for Sims3Pack files in new folders I designate. Instead, it seems to be 'stuck' on the last file I used. I have a kind of a 'history' in the 'file name' box when I click the arrow, and the program seems to be stuck on whatever is listed in there.
The only thing that helps is logging out, logging in again, restarting Mono and opening the program again...

yampkin
21st Jul 2010, 11:21 AM
Hi Delphy
When i check worlds with your tool it shows red like corupted file does. Why?
Sorry about my english

bgrateful32
23rd Jul 2010, 7:18 AM
I may be a dweeb, but I've read this thread, and I just don't seem to understand how this program works. I can definitely benefit from this, since I am having major problems with my game, and CC from the Sims 3 official site, exchange, and store installing into my game...especially via the launcher... I am getting the "installation failed..please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again".....I have been uninstalling/reinstalling over and over again for several months now...I haven't even been able to play Ambitions yet! I want to get this game right first...could you please explain to me how to use this, and maybe if I could also use your other programs, or one or two, to help me fix my problem? I've tried loading a few files, and a few are shaded in pink, but I don't know what that means!!!! I don't even know if I have my .package files in the correct place or not..(I just moved them to the documents/electronicarts/sims3/mods/packages folder...I assume that is the new location for .package files? from what I read....I need your help....your awesomeness!!! lol! I read the wikis too, and have them on standby to help me as well.... I am running windows 7, and am pretty positive I have all of the patches/updates for each expansion pack and HEL stuff pack..(I have every EP so far) I would really love it if you could help me....I can't seem to find it anywhere else....

Delphy
23rd Jul 2010, 8:51 AM
bgrateful32: This tool is for creators to clean up Sims3Packs of custom content they don't want to include or upload anywhere.

If you need help with your game please go to the help section.

yampkin: No idea. Does it show on the world or one of the others?

bgrateful32
23rd Jul 2010, 9:40 AM
Please Help! Now my launcher is crashing, and I can't start my game at all! I have no clue what to do at all...except cry....I am at my wits end with this game and the problems I am having....

Delphy
23rd Jul 2010, 6:37 PM
If you have game issues please go to the help section. The only help I'll give here is specific to this tool only.

AudreyLudlow
24th Jul 2010, 3:32 PM
Am I clicking the wrong link to download the program (modyourpanties one) or is it broken?

m2_lo
24th Jul 2010, 7:02 PM
is this broken?

Delphy
24th Jul 2010, 10:10 PM
The modyourpanties domain is in the process of moving. Should be fixed in a day or two.

AudreyLudlow
25th Jul 2010, 1:46 AM
The modyourpanties domain is in the process of moving. Should be fixed in a day or two.

Didn't know that, thank you so much.

m2_lo
25th Jul 2010, 5:29 AM
please do let us know if its fixed already. Cant wait use this. Btw, am i doing the right thing.. downloaded the modyourpanties then extract to specified folder w/c is my desktop then open the icon?...just making sure. Thanks :)

friendlies
30th Jul 2010, 8:52 PM
Help! Whenever I try to click the Install button for the installer, I get this message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MadScience.Helpers, Version=1.1.3827.33743, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'MadScience.Helpers, Version=1.1.3827.33743, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at FrameworkInstaller.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FrameworkInstaller
Assembly Version: 1.0.3827.34180
Win32 Version: 1.0.3827.34180
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Main/AppData/Local/Temp/wz3d2f/FrameworkInstaller.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Why does this happen? :help: :llama:

Delphy
30th Jul 2010, 9:28 PM
friendlies: Cuz you need to extract the full rar, not just double click on the exe inside it.

crinrict
1st Aug 2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Delphy,

I have a question. I found this house in the exchange which I can't install. I looked at it with custard and about half of all the files in there say: CORRUPT(Not a DBPF). There is also one that says CORRUPT(Bad Index). What does this mean ? Are the files in there actually faulty or did something go wrong while the person uploaded that lot ?

It does have the doll in it which normally does not show up this way which makes me think that it is not actually those files but that something went wrong uploading that lot.

hawaiki84
2nd Aug 2010, 1:17 AM
wileywriter - That's due to stuff you already have in your game. CUSTARD isn't going to help with that - and those problems are not due to the doll. See the Help section for info on removing problem custom content.

I've used the program and everything runs great- after going through all my appropriate files it reported everything as safe. NO red files. To be honest I was in part checking for corrupt CC that may have been causing crashes that bring me right back to my desktop. I saw the quote above and wondered if possibly Custard wasn't recognizing the content as corrupt because it's all already applied in my game?

Thanks for the program and your time. :)

Delphy
2nd Aug 2010, 10:47 AM
crinrict: It basically means that the Sims3Pack is totally borked. Try downloading it again, but if that doesn't work... well, then they uploaded it wrong.

crinrict
2nd Aug 2010, 12:56 PM
I've downloaded it three times. I think the upload is borked (someone else couldn't install it either).

I was just wondering if the files in the sims3packs are 'bad downloads' in general or if the sims3pack made them a bad download (so to speak).

crinrict
3rd Aug 2010, 8:26 PM
@Alexurt: I just use the MultiInstaller found somewhere on this site to get all the packages inside. Then you have all the Packages Files and you can just copy/paste the numbers from the file names.

mystiqueblue
9th Aug 2010, 2:50 PM
Hi! I've read that this tool is mainly to delete custom content in a sims3pack file. I mainly use this tool to check for bad cc. If for example, I downloaded a sims3pack file and checked it with CUSTARD, and has extra items with it, not necessarily bad cc, if i uncheck the extra items and save it, will those extra items disappear? Or will it still install with the game?

It must be a dumb question, but I really need clarification :D

Delphy
9th Aug 2010, 7:20 PM
The extra items will disappear. :)

mystiqueblue
9th Aug 2010, 8:16 PM
yay thanks!

i really love this tool lol

SIMCITIZEN4
10th Aug 2010, 10:07 AM

Hi Delphy, I am still getting this problem and have since downloaded this program twice (even though you haven't said that there is a new version) on the off-chance that it might have changed.

Are you going to be uploading a version with the fixed code and if not do you have any suggestions on how I am to overcome this error.

As you have probably seen someone else (post #66) has also had this problem so it does not seem to be an isolated problem.

Thanks.

ih3artbrad
11th Aug 2010, 4:59 PM
Whenever I open the file and try to run the installer it comes up with a message that the installer as stopped working and will not install.

I have to get this to work, that creepy doll is back again! And i can't find her anywhere in my installed content, so I suspect that she has attatched herself to something.

kitkat7145
17th Aug 2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the tool, Delphy! It's been very useful for documenting and crediting CC used in builds as well as for checking for corrupted CC. I hadn't come across any corrupted files until last night. It appears that my entire lot is somehow corrupted -

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d637b3127ccefab56a6a768000000030O00AZMXLhw2aN2QPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I tried the "fix" option, but nothing changed. I've tried re-saving and re-exporting the lot from the game. Sometimes a CC file will show as corrupted as well, but not always -

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d637b3127ccefab57a92767000000030O00AZMXLhw2aN2QPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

In this one, the first line shows up as corrupt as well as the one in the picture. The pictured line doesn't have any descriptive info. on it though. If I try to delete the corrupt line and resave the package, the corruption appears to spread to other files -

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d637b3127ccefab5c5a2b7b700000030O00AZMXLhw2aN2QPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Help?

kneal
21st Aug 2010, 8:39 PM
after reading this thread, i still dont know how to use this tool. i have the one for .packages where you just click it and it does the work of running through the .packages files and letting you know if any are no good but how do you use this one?

do you drag and drop the sims3pack in it or what? does it run through all the sims3packages downloaded to the launcher or what? how does this work- in layman's terms?

HugeLunatic
21st Aug 2010, 10:35 PM
You open each sims3pack by going to File/Open and browsing to the sims3pack you want to open.

kitkat7145
22nd Aug 2010, 5:39 PM
I was able to remove the corrupt package file (the one with no identifying information in my earlier post) from my DCBackup. (It would be nice if there was a "copy" feature in the program to make this process easier :) ) The lot itself still shows as corrupt though. What exactly does "Corrupt (TXTC)" mean? Also, I added the xml file to my original post.

**And it just keeps getting weirder. I manually deleted all the CC in the lot. Now, it no longer shows that the lot is corrupt, but the description of the lot is the description of one of the CC paintings I had in the lot earlier. Also, for "type", the lot no longer says "sims3pack" like other lots, but rather "object."

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d603b3127ccefab8699aed7300000030O00AZMXLhw2aN2QPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Attaching xml

Cher123825
31st Aug 2010, 8:13 PM
I need this program for windows 7. The one I downloaded is for xp. Is there a different way to download it for 7

Delphy
31st Aug 2010, 11:59 PM
Cher: You dont need .NET 2.0 for Windows 7 - it's inbuilt.

Olena
2nd Sep 2010, 11:32 PM
Hello,
I don't know what m I doing wrong. But it's kind of bugged for me.
I have downloaded a random lot from one of the sites. And wanted to try remove some packages from this sims3pack.
When I have opened sims3pack, I had no errors and every file was OK(no corrupts). So, for a try I have deleted just one object file(a painting). After unchecking it , I have seved this file. Later, when I have opened this new saved sims3pack, most of the objects were corrupt(not a DBPF).
What did I wrong? And is there a way to fix it? (fix-oprion in program doesn't help).

ericabain
4th Sep 2010, 1:00 AM
When I have opened sims3pack, I had no errors and every file was OK(no corrupts). So, for a try I have deleted just one object file(a painting). After unchecking it , I have seved this file. Later, when I have opened this new saved sims3pack, most of the objects were corrupt(not a DBPF).
What did I wrong? And is there a way to fix it? (fix-oprion in program doesn't help).

Exactly the same happens to me, I have yet to be able to use this tool successfully to remove packages and png from a sim3pack file.
I have tried with many different sims3pack files, at first it shows that there aren't any corrupted packages, but when I uncheck a few of them (patterns or cc) and save the sims3pack the next time I open the sims3pack is full of corrupted packages. It looks like the screenshot Olena has posted.

caroline81
10th Sep 2010, 1:50 AM
[/QUOTE]

In this one, the first line shows up as corrupt as well as the one in the picture. The pictured line doesn't have any descriptive info. on it though. If I try to delete the corrupt line and resave the package, the corruption appears to spread to other files -

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d637b3127ccefab5c5a2b7b700000030O00AZMXLhw2aN2QPbz4I/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Help?

it looks familiar :blink: My lots look the same after uploading to the exchange when I have CAP pattern there (pattern made by EA program Create A Pattern)! It took me a while to find out what is wrong. So if I remove from the house this CAP pattern everything is coming back to normal. I am not using much cc or sometimes at all so it was easier to find out what is wrong. if you didn't use CAP patterns I don't have other idea why this is happening.

glitzyangel

SIMCITIZEN4
10th Sep 2010, 9:52 AM

it looks familiar :blink: My lots look the same after uploading to the exchange when I have CAP pattern there (pattern made by EA program Create A Pattern)! It took me a while to find out what is wrong. So if I remove from the house this CAP pattern everything is coming back to normal. I am not using much cc or sometimes at all so it was easier to find out what is wrong. if you didn't use CAP patterns I don't have other idea why this is happening.

glitzyangel[/QUOTE]

Hi, I don't think this is the problem as this was happening before we had CAP. I had this problem in a house that was built in March and CAP only came out in June I think. :)

caroline81
11th Sep 2010, 10:30 PM
SIMCITIZEN4 oh so I don't have idea what can happen there. I have other question. I will to explain on example. For example you had some cc rug with pattern. And you use that pattern (from rug) to recolour some other stuff. I read about it somewhere. Could it be possible? You used that pattern that was originally attached to some other item? Sorry if I am not good in explaining things :P And it sound bit stupid what I just said.
If you can try just to remove patterns from this houses. Replace with normal ones and try to upload.

SIMCITIZEN4
12th Sep 2010, 4:30 PM
SIMCITIZEN4 oh so I don't have idea what can happen there. I have other question. I will to explain on example. For example you had some cc rug with pattern. And you use that pattern (from rug) to recolour some other stuff. I read about it somewhere. Could it be possible? You used that pattern that was originally attached to some other item? Sorry if I am not good in explaining things :P And it sound bit stupid what I just said.
If you can try just to remove patterns from this houses. Replace with normal ones and try to upload.

caroline81, thanks for trying to help. No I tried this as well and I still get corrupted files. I don't know what else to try. Not using this program anymore as it does not work for me and I (along with other people who have posted on this thread with the same problem) don't seem to be getting any help from the programmer.

Once again thank you for trying to help me. :)

Delphy
12th Sep 2010, 5:09 PM
You can always try the version I uploaded today.... :)

SIMCITIZEN4
13th Sep 2010, 8:12 AM
You can always try the version I uploaded today.... :)

Hi Delphy, thank you for the new upload, unfortunately it also does not work for me. I still get the same error. I have tried in various ways e.g checked only the corrupted file and then clicked Fix corrupted and then Save, then Save As. "Corrupted File" spreads to other files in both cases.

I also unchecked the corrupted file and tried to save the Sims3Pack so that it would save without that file and got the same results as above.

I am uploading the Debug Xml plus the Jit and then also another xml (I used a different method).

I hope this helps you to help me. ;)

columbiany93
14th Sep 2010, 1:20 AM
I've yet to try the new download but just wanted to add to the recent above issues. I've been going through my "mighty" list of CC sims3packs and, to be honest, since I've not really seen much info regarding what to use the program for, I've been deleting the bits of CC that I know are creating issues (spider babies, etc.), fix corrupt files (few can be fixed but I'm able to identify them and have found that I can sometimes redownload the file and the CC is corrected), AND, delete .png. This last bit I'm not sure if I should be doing, need to be doing..... I've gotten through most of the files over several nights....then a day or two ago, I checked on one of the files I'd deleted the .png and found that the 2 CC items remaining had become corrupt. (They weren't before I saved and closed the file.) Freaked me out so I tried it on a few more files by the same person. Same results. For grins, I checked into the sims3pack files I'd done previous days (which I randomly check to ensure they're okay AND put in another folder outside the game to keep separate) and found that all of the files I'd deleted .png files were now corrupt too!

I know that there's been a new patch but I'm not sure if the install worked or not. I seem to remember getting a weird message about not working with the base game but I'd been having internet issues. I did, however, want to see if I could add a little more to the issues at hand...keeping my fingers crossed that the new update will fix it AND I can get my silly game working again! :-)

Oh, I am curious as to whether or not I should be deleting the .png files. Does it matter? By deleting the .png file, am I rendering other programs less effective? AND, I know that sets I download that are packaged individually can have the same pattern file in every piece. Are they considered duplicates and does this affect the game? If I remove the pattern file from all sims3packs except one, will the other items still recognize it? I tried using a program that is supposed to "unpack" package files from sims3packs but ended up with a package file that was empty and no pattern file in the original sims3pack, so at this time, it doesn't seem like a viable option. I've read a bit about the difference between package and sims3pack files but I'm still uncertain how the sims3packs work regarding the above.

Thanks for your help....

missroxor
15th Sep 2010, 11:55 PM
I have no complaints, seems to have worked as advertised for me but I've uploaded the xml thing anyway if you're interested. Unfortunately I forgot to dump it when I'd just done the bulk of my sims3packs and just closed custard down but I had a couple of extra bits and bobs to do so I made sure to do it second time around :)

PS I have no idea what an xml file is so hope I've done it right and thanks for this tool. :beer:

Oh, and if it makes a difference, I don't have the latest patch, I'm still on the one before that.

columbiany93
18th Sep 2010, 9:33 AM
Don't know if you've had a chance to look into this but, I downloaded the new file and no change. I thought I'd written to you about this (as an Edit) but it doesn't appear in the above! I downloaded the file and the date of the "inside" of the "new" custard file was something like June 27th. I thought this was odd and am not sure if that means the new file didn't zip correctly.

As I said before, I'd used CUSTARD for a few days, going over much of my sims3pack files, and deleted thumbnails, known bad CC, and fixed what was fixable. They saved without issue and, when I went back through and checked many of the 'corrected' files, they were still fine. When I reported the problem, see above, not only were new 'fixes' corrupting but I found that all of the files I'd fixed in the days prior had now become corrupt too, and they were in a completely different file in a completely different location! I'm attaching the XML's....3 are skin files where the thumbnail was deleted, and 1 house file, where several thumbnails were deleted, and the other 2 are a before/after of a file where nothing is corrupt, I delete the thumbnails and now every piece of CC is corrupt! All of the corrupt files I'm sending were fine BEFORE deleting the thumbnails - and they cannot be fixed. Idiot that I am, I did not think to save my sims3packs as they were in case something happen because I'd had good luck with the program until I didn't! That means I am unable to play my game and I'm having SERIOUS withdrawals! :-)

Borsco
18th Sep 2010, 5:24 PM
I'm getting the same errors as above with the corrupted files spreading. Also tried the uncheck all images button, saved file, reopened and then it showed as corrupted.

columbiany93
19th Sep 2010, 4:57 AM
The worst part is that I cannot play my game. I figure I can start a new world - have already done that when a TS3 save burped and all of my months of playing were erased! - but would rather not. At this point, in order to get my custom content back into the game, I'll have to go through every single file - again - to determine which files are fine and which have this corruption issue. SO frustrating! I thought to save my CC pre-fix AFTER I'd already gone through about 1/4 of my files so I could put those back in and wait....

BTW, I think there was a patch released a few days ago that probably corresponds with the defects I've been experiencing.

Pary
25th Sep 2010, 10:08 AM
I just have a quick question in regards to something I thought was a bit odd. I use this tool to check all my uploads before sharing, to make sure nothing untoward has hitched a ride.

Some of us were sharing a lots and sims as households amongst ourselves for a community save. Expansion pack stuff was okay, but no one wanted any other custom content.
I exported my sim without her being in her lot and her sims3pack shows perfectly clean in Custard. I export her house without her in it, and the lot also shows clean.

However when I export the lot with the sim inside as a household, it is showing a CAS part hair and the lot size has risen from about 4.5 mb to 8.9 The export of the sim on its own is only 945 kb.

I don't have any CC hair that uses that particular mesh in any way and I do not install hairs or anything like that through the launcher, it's all in .package. The hair in question on the sim is from Ambitions, everything else on the sim is basegame content.
Edit - sorry, there is Ambitions buy & build stuff on the lot, but no other CC

Is that normal, or is it something strange going on?
Here's a couple of screens showing what Custard reports.

Single Export of Lot (http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139/Parysinsanity/singlelot_cawl.jpg)

Single Export of Sim (http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139/Parysinsanity/singlesim_cawl.jpg)

Household with Sim inside Lot (http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx139/Parysinsanity/household_cawl.jpg)

Delphy
26th Sep 2010, 8:28 AM
Thanks for the reports everybody. What would help in debuging isn't just the XML but a link to the actual Sims3Pack itself so I can download it and try it for myself..

columbiany93
27th Sep 2010, 3:25 AM
Delphy - it is ANY sims3pack with custom content or images that I delete and then save. As I said before, even the ones that I had "fixed" before and HAD shown correctly are now showing as corrupt. I could send you links but I could easily do it by randomly going online and finding sims3pack files with images/CC.

Delphy
27th Sep 2010, 10:14 AM
columbiany93: Ah ok, I didn't know it was such a universal problem. I'll test with some sims3packs at home.

Just so I'm clear, the sequence is:

- Load Sims3Pack
- Uncheck Images and some Custom Content
- Save Sims3Pack (do you do Save or Save As?)
- Close program
- Reopen program
- Load previously saved Sims3Pack
- All content now shows as corrupt

Is this right?

SIMCITIZEN4
27th Sep 2010, 11:19 AM
columbiany93: Ah ok, I didn't know it was such a universal problem. I'll test with some sims3packs at home.

Just so I'm clear, the sequence is:

- Load Sims3Pack
- Uncheck Images and some Custom Content
- Save Sims3Pack (do you do Save or Save As?)
- Close program
- Reopen program
- Load previously saved Sims3Pack
- All content now shows as corrupt

Is this right?

I have done it like this and then I have also left images checked and only unchecked cc but always have the same result. I do two saves each time to different folders. One as Save and the other as Save As. I have tried every combination possible when unchecking and saving, opening and closing program etc and each time I get the same result - the corruptions "spreads" lol. That is the only way I can explain it.:)

Hopefully this helps you to debug the program.

Delphy
27th Sep 2010, 9:07 PM
I've found and fixed a stupid bug where disabling any packages or thumbnails and then saving rendered the saved Sims3Pack totally unusable.

Thanks to SIMCITIZEN4 and columbiany93 for the heads up. :)

SIMCITIZEN4
28th Sep 2010, 8:46 AM
I've found and fixed a stupid bug where disabling any packages or thumbnails and then saving rendered the saved Sims3Pack totally unusable.

Thanks to SIMCITIZEN4 and columbiany93 for the heads up. :)

Glad you found the bug, however I still cannot fix corrupt (TXTC) packages - I get the "spreading" bug again. If I uncheck the corrupted package and save (Save and Save As works) then it works fine and saves the Sims3Pack without the corrupted package, if I click "fix corrupted" however then it spreads.

Please don't think I am complaining as that is really not my intention, I am only trying to help identify problems.

Delphy
28th Sep 2010, 1:36 PM
Okay in this case I'll definately need a link to an example that has a Sims3Pack with a corrupted file. :)

SIMCITIZEN4
28th Sep 2010, 7:07 PM
Okay in this case I'll definately need a link to an example that has a Sims3Pack with a corrupted file. :)

Ok here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?61ktw3s4s1dkt9k

Hope this helps.

Sims_Lover
29th Sep 2010, 6:32 AM
Question. I installed some houses and under thumbnails it is pink. Does that mean bugs??

Delphy
29th Sep 2010, 11:16 AM
Sims Lover: No, thumbnails always show up pink. :)

Sims_Lover
29th Sep 2010, 4:42 PM
Sims Lover: No, thumbnails always show up pink. :)

Okay then ;) Thank you.

sims2playergirl
30th Sep 2010, 6:49 PM
Hi Delphy - just an observation - I have run worlds that I have downloaded from the exchange, My Sims Realty and MTS thru custard - they all show up as corrupted files - I set up the Sims 3 under another user account on my computer - the worlds seems to be ok - I was able to send my sim on vacation - when they returned - no blue lots.....Is this normal for the world files to show up as corrupt? This has happened on the latest and the one prior to the latest version of custard....

edit - I checked custard again - in the type field - it says Neighborhood (World) not corrupt TXTC - but it is highlighted in red...

captainsavvy
3rd Oct 2010, 10:55 PM
Hi Delphy,
Just wanted you to know this program is an absolute godsend.

I downloaded some tattoos from the Exchange and ran them through Custard (because only a fool wouldn't).
4 had clothing in it that shouldn't have been there (the kind set to appear even when in the shower) and 1 had the dreaded doll-of-doom in it.
Custard removed them all without a hitch.

Much love from me and my sims! :)

XGennyX2010X
12th Oct 2010, 6:50 PM
Hey Delphy,
Okay I got it to download, now I'm just trying to figure out what is what. It seemed like from you pictures that it would show you what each thing is, but it doesn't on mine. Is there anyway possible to see what it is or to maybe go throw things faster?

ShibuNoNeko
17th Oct 2010, 7:46 AM
This program seems really neat. Unfortunately I have a mac, is there a chance that it will be available for mac sometime?

crinrict
22nd Oct 2010, 12:44 PM
I need to post this now for I've been lots of testing with this stuff and I think, I understand some of it. Maybe you could tell me more on why this stuff is showing the way it does.

Let me explain in detail:

In my bad cc thread at the official forum I had people telling me about a certain dress that comes with sims but cannot be found in the launcher. There were shoes and hair that did that too. I finally got hold of a Sim that actually does have that dress (and hair) and did some testing on her. My testing environment is a vanilla game with only MasterController and DebugEnabler and I use AnyGameStarter to set it up.

I looked at her in Custard and that's how she showed:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6038/mollysim.jpg

As you see, the sim itself has a subtype and is called CAS Part Clothing (only the sims gets installed, so there is no other custom content). I then went into my game and checked CAS. There was nothing unusual in the clothing but the hair would show up. It had the little package file folder icon. I then disabled the clothing filter via MC and went back into CAS. I did find the dress in my game now. It did not show in the Launcher and it only went away, when I uninstalled that particular Sim. Further testing revealed that a Sim will not need to wear the dress for it to get attached to the Sim and will only get attached when you export it in CAS. If you export it in edit town, it doesn't attach.

That's the custard pic of a household:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6660/mollyhousehold.jpg

While the dress still shows in the description, it doesn't in the subtype AND I did not get it in my game when I installed it.

I don't know where the dress is from (some say it's from peggy but I never really found it there) and as I said there is other stuff. I'm attaching molly with whom I tested.

What I'm really curios about is if you (or some other creator) could find out why these package files behave that way they do and why it's showing in the tool the way it does (I know that they are probably not from this site, but I do think it's important what is wrong).

HugeLunatic
22nd Oct 2010, 4:25 PM
ShibuNoNeko - This will work on OS X using Mono. Please see http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580.

friendliellama
23rd Oct 2010, 4:29 AM
Okay, so whenever I go to use it, I get to step one. I try to open the sims3pack and this comes up:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.
Could not load file or assembly 'MadScience.Helpers.Version-1.1.380.15490. Culture=neutral. PublicKey Token=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

EH?

Delphy
23rd Oct 2010, 8:48 AM
friendliellama You have to extract the program first. You can't just double click on the exe from within winzip or whatever.

friendliellama
23rd Oct 2010, 9:02 AM
Oh...thanks so much Delphy! (whispering don't be surprised if there's another problem. this computer hates me)

Menaceman44
24th Oct 2010, 2:57 AM
I heard from a user on MATY that CUSTARD can be used to find the instance number of an object within a Sim3pack. If this is correct, where should I be looking?
I have some corrupted content that I cannot find in the launcher but by exporting a Sim wearing said bad content and running him through CUSTARD I have been able to find the package name within the DCBackup. As I understand though, removing the package from the DCBackup will not uninstall it from the game. Right?
I was hoping that finding the instance would allow me to remove it from whichever dcdb file it is hiding in.

HugeLunatic
24th Oct 2010, 4:06 AM
In custard the filename is the package filename you can find in dcbackup. It does have a description and object type listed, which may help you to find it in the launcher. I have no idea about removing the package file from dcbackup and whether it uninstalls it from the game. I'd guess no as I think everything installed via the launcher gets shoved in the large dbc files. So I think your going to have to uninstall via the launcher.

crinrict
24th Oct 2010, 10:04 AM
@Menaceman44: Deleting the file in the DCBackup will not get rid of the download. What you will need to do is unpack the sims3pack with mulitinstaller so that you have the package-files, then you will need to open the faulty one with s3pe and look for a line that says icon or thumb. That's your laucher pic right there. Instead of using s3pe, you could also use postal to find the pic.

If you have any problems at all, upload the sim somewhere and send me a PM.

kiwi_tea
3rd Nov 2010, 3:31 AM
Hi Delphy. I have a stray object (a clock) attached to one of my worlds in Create a World. It exports into the simpack. When I use Custard to remove this clock it seems to corrupt the world's Simpack. Are world Simpacks any different to others in regards to Custard?

I tried it out on some other world's Simpacks (Riverview and Barnacle Bay) and the same issue occurs:

"The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 30 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 30, position 375."

Other error details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 30 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 30, position 375.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at MadScience.Sims3Pack.Load(String filename)
at Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.loadFile(String filename)
at Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
Sims3PackCleaner
Assembly Version: 1.0.3922.35965
Win32 Version: 1.0.3922.35965
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ascent/Desktop/Sims3PackCleaner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MadScience.Wrappers
Assembly Version: 1.1.3830.15609
Win32 Version: 1.1.3830.15609
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ascent/Desktop/MadScience.Wrappers.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Menaceman44
3rd Nov 2010, 2:08 PM
I've just downloaded two lots from here on MTS. They have custom content in them which I wish to remove. When I open them in CUSTARD though the actual lot seems to show as the custom content.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4808/lotcontento.jpg

So does that mean the content will get installed or not? I'm confused.

murfee
9th Nov 2010, 1:07 AM
I don't know if this is the right place for this (I know next to nothing about a lot of techy stuff about TS3 and its tools) but I thought this was supposed to show you a list of all the sims3packs on a lot, abd then you could pick and choose which items in the lot you no longer wanted? I just tried to peek into a lot using Custard butit gave me a list of a set of package files that I used that were corrupted, even though the Dasboard said everything in my packages folder was fine. It says they are thumbnails or pngs or something--but of what? Are those the little thumbnails that are supposed to appear when you go into Buy mode & Build mode to look for things to use? That might be very correct, because with the entire set none of the images appear in Buy Mode; they're all invisible. But I only used one object in the entire set and yet it's giving me a whole list of 10 or so thumbnails? And i look at the thumbnails but they're not of the package files, they're of my Lot's different floors. Am I not understanding something somewhere, lol? Please forgive me if I sound like a total idiot! I was just looking fir a tool where I could remove whatever sims3packs from my lots without having to actually boot up the game, wait for the lot to load and do it all manually. Thanks for your time!! :)

Menaceman44
9th Nov 2010, 6:29 PM
Thumbnails always show in pink in this tool. It does not mean they are corrupt. It's so that you can distinguish them.

In answer to my own question, I installed the lots anyway and the CC was not included which is just what I wanted.

bergcrys
10th Nov 2010, 3:28 PM
all my create a pattern files are showing up as bad. is that a bug or are they really bad?

puzzling1
17th Nov 2010, 2:48 AM
Hi Delphy. I have a stray object (a clock) attached to one of my worlds in Create a World. It exports into the simpack. When I use Custard to remove this clock it seems to corrupt the world's Simpack. Are world Simpacks any different to others in regards to Custard?

I tried it out on some other world's Simpacks (Riverview and Barnacle Bay) and the same issue occurs:

"The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 30 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 30, position 375."

I'm having the same issue - an unwanted stray object in a sims3pack, along with a custom world package and a thumbnail. After deleting the unwanted object, saving, and attempting to reopen, I get this error: "Unhandled exception has occurred..." and "The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 134 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 134, position 325." I checked it on a second computer just in case Custard didn't like my primary machine, but had the same result. Thanks for any help.

ETA - I just tried opening the new copy of the sims3pack (minus the unwanted object) in the Extractor to see if maybe the Custard error wasn't a big deal and I'd still be able to install the world. But it wouldn't open, and I got this error message:

The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 134 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 134, position 325.
at System.Xml.XmlTestReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeDatastartTag)
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReaderreader, XmlSpace space)
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(Stream stream)
at Sims3Pack_Multi_Installer.Sims3Pack.load(String filename)
at Sims3Pack_Multi_Installer.Form1.ProcessFiles()

Faydea
20th Nov 2010, 11:55 AM
I think this could be my saviour. :D

Simaddict410
29th Nov 2010, 1:22 AM
hey i have a question? well on my cleaner when i open up a sim pack file and it tells me everything that is in it its not in the subtype its in the description is this ok. Is it the same thing, meaning does it matter if its in the subtype catagory or the description catagory, because i have been doing everything you wrote on here and this is the only thing that is different?? so please respond thank you :help:

i saw drones
7th Dec 2010, 8:42 PM
I'm having the same issue - an unwanted stray object in a sims3pack, along with a custom world package and a thumbnail. After deleting the unwanted object, saving, and attempting to reopen, I get this error: "Unhandled exception has occurred..." and "The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 134 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 134, position 325." I checked it on a second computer just in case Custard didn't like my primary machine, but had the same result. Thanks for any help.

Same issue for me too.

The world file still seems to install and work perfectly well. I just wanna be able to check that everything is as it should be but unfortunately, yeah, unhandled exception. Anyone got any ideas?

murfee
9th Dec 2010, 8:44 PM
I have a question: I have a Lot that I want to remove a bunch of sims3pack CC from, that I installed via the Launcher. But when I load the lot into Custard all it shows me is one set of Package file CC that I used, even though that set had only 4 pieces and this one is giving me at least 10 differeent things with its name on it. But the thumbnail previw is only showing me different floors of the lot.
Anyway, I don't see where the sims3pack stuff I used or even any of the other CC I used is being listed, but I did wonder about something: I delete all of the DCBackup packages in the Downloads folder as soon as I'm finished installing stuff. Is that what Custard uses to read/recognize sims3pack files? Is that why I can't get this thing to work right?
360 degrees of confusion, please forgive me! :(

brunettesimgirl3
12th Dec 2010, 7:02 AM
I need help. I run all my creations through custard before I upload them and tonight I found that the house I just finished working on is corrupted! :(

I don't know what is making it corrupted.

I have tried the to "fix the corrupted" issue, but it does nothing.

Help please?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/brunettesimgirl/custard.jpg

crinrict
18th Dec 2010, 8:29 PM
It seems you have used a corrupted item in that house which is included as a reference (the item itself should not be included in the upload). It could be a package file.

Do you check your package files with Dashboard ?

NerdyGirl88
19th Dec 2010, 5:22 AM
Hi there, I was wondering if there was an updated version of this program? I used it to check one of my creations and it said there was nothing corrupted, but when someone checked that same creation, there were corrupted items... if you could please link me to the updated version, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much :)

HugeLunatic
22nd Dec 2010, 10:05 PM
cat2878 - This is for Sim 3.

cat2878
23rd Dec 2010, 1:54 AM
when i click on the rar file, it says the sims 2 package installer has stopped working, which is weird since i opened it with the sims 3 package installer, im pretty sure i have the right 7-zip, but its not letting me download rar files. so i tried to uninstall all my sims 2 games, all of them uninstalled except one, which when i click uninstall nothing happens. so then i tried to download the rar file again, now its downloading but after it finishes when i double click on it, a sims 2 window pops up, except its entirely blank, even the ok button, it will let me click the blank ok button but then nothing happens. idk what to do

cat2878
23rd Dec 2010, 1:59 AM
huge lunatic- i know, thats my problem, im using the sims 3, but for some reason it thinks its the sims 2.

HugeLunatic
23rd Dec 2010, 2:21 AM
When you say rar do you mean a sims3pack or sims2pack? Because you keep saying it won't let you download rar files, but this has nothing to do with you being able to download files. If your getting an error that -actually- says Sims2Package Installer has stopped working, then your double clicking sims2packs and not Sims3Packs. This program doesn't install and doesn't open a sims3pack when double clicking on it. Unrar this to a folder and double click Sims3PackCleaner.exe, then use File / Open to open a sims3pack. This won't install those Sims3Packs either, but will let you remove any cc in them and resave them to install via the Launcher.

cat2878
23rd Dec 2010, 2:40 AM
sims 3, like how it says custard.rar, ok nothing with the .rar will work. sorry im probably the most computer illiterate person out there. when i click on the custard.rar to download it, this little window pops up, and you can choose what to open it with and i pick the s3 launcher.exe but then it says the sims 2 is not working, but it said sims 3. well thats what i was doing before at least. i hate to ask but um whats unrar? i just cant play when my sims babies turn out as giant blobs, or when my sims guys have breasts, its just weird.

rhelfant
27th Dec 2010, 12:44 AM
PLEASE HELP!!! I downloaded custard (well tried) I saved the file but I need to open it with a program or something and I can't open it with sims 3 (it gives me error code 345) and i don't know what program to open it with! I really wanna use custard so my babies won't be little sticks :)

debmac
29th Dec 2010, 5:35 PM
PLEASE HELP!!! I downloaded custard (well tried) I saved the file but I need to open it with a program or something and I can't open it with sims 3 (it gives me error code 345) and i don't know what program to open it with! I really wanna use custard so my babies won't be little sticks :)

it opened for me by double clicking the Sims 3 pack cleaner.exe which should be in the .rar that you downloaded. As simple as that, no program needed.

dudejuztchillin
6th Jan 2011, 5:19 AM
This is not downloading for me guys. I see only a link at top page 1. That is the right one I hope. :O

rhelfant
15th Jan 2011, 5:45 PM
it opened for me by double clicking the Sims 3 pack cleaner.exe which should be in the .rar that you downloaded. As simple as that, no program needed.

I downloaded all custom content from the exchange and I can't find a sims 3 pack cleaner. Is there any other way to open it or is there a download of sims 3 pack cleaner that is free or something? please help!!!

Delphy
15th Jan 2011, 9:16 PM
You mean a Sims3Pack cleaner other than the one in this thread, right?

sims2011dk
17th Jan 2011, 10:00 AM
Thank you so much for this cleaning program which I hope to figure out. I'm able to open Custard, and open files, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

I've tried reading this thread, and is there a way Delphy (I guess you're the site owner?) that you could write a few more specific instructions at the beginning of the "using Custard" thread ? For example, though I'm a long time computer user (designer using all Adobe Creative Suite programs), I had no idea what an .rar file is, and reading the thread other don't understand what that is, or the process of using Custard. Now that I've finally found the new version of WinZip online, and extracted it, I don't know what do do. People say "just look at the list of files and decide what you want to keep" - huh? Could you please explain the basics a little more for us Custard beginners. We want to use it very much.

I just checked a file and it has a pink line highlighting a .png file and it says it's a thumbnail file. What am I supposed to do?

-Also what is the dashboard?? Where is the dashboard??

I really don't intend to sound negative at all, just lost. Thank you! Debbie

sims2011dk
17th Jan 2011, 10:05 AM
huge lunatic- i know, thats my problem, im using the sims 3, but for some reason it thinks its the sims 2.

This happened to me too, I can't remember which is which, but when you are looking for the folder, try "electronic arts" and "ea" one has the Sims 2 stuff and one has the Sims 3 stuff. I hope this helps!

suzetter
28th Jan 2011, 7:21 AM
Just tried using Custard (lastest version here) on a Salon lot I created and instead of the lot it is showing a cc package file on the top line. If I remove the object then the next bit of cc shows up in the top line where the lot should be showing and so on and so on until I have removed all items from the lot. Previously when using Custard the lot would appear on the top line and any cc that was attached showed up in the rows beneath the lot. Now everything is showing up on the top line (one by one) and all rows have the same description.

Also, the thumbnails have the package file description but are actually images of the lot itself.

I run my mods through dashboard before loading into my game and have no corrupt files.

I tried running the lot through Custard again using cc that I know is not problematic (does not attach itself) as I have used it before on a lot and it did not show up in Custard and was not included in the previous lot sims3pack I had uploaded.

FYI, two things have changed since I last used Custard --I went from OS Vista to Win 7, and I have installed LN into my game.

I have WA/Amb/LN and am patched up to date.

I tried creating a dump xml file but all it has is this:
Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/zette/Desktop/Salon.xml'. Line 1, Po...

Any ideas what's happening here? Is this a problem with LN now including all package files in the lot upload (meaning I can't use those lovely cc deco items without having players having to manually place them in the lot :cry: ) or does Custard need to be updated for LN? Or is there possibly a new cc issue that is something that would not be picked up in Dashboard?

I've attached a screenshot of the Custard read out.

crinrict
28th Jan 2011, 3:37 PM
In my experience those files you see there on top are only references to the package files you used. They don't come with the lot. If noting shows up in the column sub-type, nothing comes with the lot. If they show like this: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/01/custard-downloads-that-are-attached-to.html (first pic) the download does actually come with the Sim and shows up in CAS. You can't find it anywhere else, cause it came with the Sim and you will need to uninstall the sim itself to have it disappear.

So far I've only seen hair, makeup, shoes, clothing and skins do that. Never for objects. This is happening since before LN and more and more since LN.

suzetter
28th Jan 2011, 6:05 PM
Thanks Crinrict! I read your blog and that was very helpful--appreciate the link. Well this is a lot file which is maybe why its objects. I'm going to later try taking out my mods folder and installing the sim3pack for the lot to see if any of the objects are attached. I'll let you know the results because if its a false reading and no files are actually attached then you can update your blog to include this lot problem. What's strange is that if say you have several objects and you remove one the next one will show up in that top row and so on like the objects are layered over each other in the file reading. I make lots with and without cc. When uploading a lot made with cc -- I don't provide the cc just the links so the player can decide what they do and don't want. So when uploading a lot I want to make sure I am submitting a clean cc free lot file. If i remove the cc before exporting the file then not only does the player have to manually place everything back into the lot (if they want it) but all the recolors are lost. I'm hoping Delphy can resolve this issue.

crinrict
28th Jan 2011, 9:46 PM
I don't think it's layered as you call it. It's all there but since the tool only shows one cc that comes with it at the time, it does seem layered.

I have to admit that I do not fully understand your post (my mother tongue is German).

I do think EA changed something for I'm pretty sure that before, if I downloaded something that had cc in it, that cc just got replaced with something else of the same kind, now you get empty houses (except for Store stuff, then you get this replacement message and the are replaced). I don't know when this changed and if it was with the new way of putting cc in the game. Because of this, I believe this reference can be found inside the package file but as I said, it's only a reference and not the object itself.

If you want me to try that house, just provide me a download link and I'll install into my game to see if anything comes with it.

Delphy
29th Jan 2011, 12:24 PM
Hrm, can somebody give me an example of that so-called "referencing" problem? As in an actual file.

crinrict
29th Jan 2011, 5:08 PM
I've addressed this issue in this post: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3347428#post3347428.

The file I attached there does have the actual package file included with the sim. I'll go look in the exchange if I find one where it's just a reference.

EDIT: Exchange not working (as usual). I'll get back to you when I find one. Maybe someone else can provide one quicker.

EDIT EDIT: Found one. I'm linking cause it's quite big. I hope that's fine: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3693138

suzetter
30th Jan 2011, 12:43 AM
Here's a sims3 pack of the salon I'm working on along with the Custard read out of the file. I removed my mods folder and downloaded the exported Salon Sims3pack back into my game to see if any of the cc was attached and none of it was. All the custom content was replaced with EA objects. (pix included) Custard is picking up the cc and showing them on the top row of the read out. You can only see one cc item at a time but whether its picking items up one at a time or picking them all up and only showing one at a time -- I don't know). Also the thumbnails show the description of the cc listed but the pix are of the lot itself and not the described cc. Hope this helps. Thanks for looking into this.

Edit: No Dump xml - got the same message as in my post #172.

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 10:45 AM
suzetter:

The original Sims3Pack you supplied only has 1 non-thumbnail in it, which happens to be the Lot, but Custard is misdetecting it as an object. So the original file doesn't contain anything like a "reference". The thumbnails showing the description is a bug; they are actually thumbnails, just they show whatever the first line has as a description instead of blank.

Whatever problems the game has, it's not becuase of the things Custard is doing, since the generated XML is identical to the original in my version here.

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 11:00 AM
So you're saying showing them like this is a bug in Custard ?

What about the files that actually come with something and have that sub-typ Object in the actual Sim ?

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 12:28 PM
crinrict,

I see the problem with the sim you supplied. Looks like custard strips out much of the XML when you run it through there. It's also not detecting the type correctly, and the thumbnail thing is a bug. I'll work on a type detection and XML fix, but I don't think it'd fix the problems with the launcher.

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 1:03 PM
I'm not too concerned about the launcher problems. The problem is really that the stuff is in your game afterwards and it's getting more and more.

I do think there's a problem with exporting Sims via CAS that has of course nothing to do with Custard. It's a problem with either the package files or the game itself. Skins were the first to spread this way, then I noticed it with those invisible feet of Mr. Skeleto by EsmeraldaF. After that, I found more and more files and since LN it has become a real Exchange problem. It's only the Sims and unfortunately how I found out yesterday lots (probably the ones that come with Sims). Households are fine.

suzetters problem might just be a problem with Custard.

While I'm at it :), I think this might be a Custard problem as well: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/01/custard-corrupt-not-dbpf-bad-download.html

I think that once Custard detects a faulty item, all that follow are marked as faulty as well, if they are or not. If you need a file with that problem, I'll go look for one.

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 1:34 PM
crinrict: Thats a bug too. Custard doesn't (didn't) have a detection for Sims (or Lots), so it detects what it *can* find, which is objects and cas parts. I just added Sims detection to the Detective though, so that should fix it up.

Also the thumbnails displaying the wrong data was also a bug - it was keeping whatever was detected "last" as the subtype. Thats also fixed now.

Also, that molly package is weird... it has an embedded DBPF within the DBPF, as a resource. I've never seen anything like it before...

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 1:36 PM
While I'm at it , I think this might be a Custard problem as well: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2...d-download.html

I think that once Custard detects a faulty item, all that follow are marked as faulty as well, if they are or not. If you need a file with that problem, I'll go look for one.

I thought I'd covered that case, but maybe not. Since I'm already working on the custard code, could you find a file that exhibits that behavour? Thanks!

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 1:42 PM
Will do. On my way :)

There are many files like the mollie one around. I can get you more of those if you need any. As I said, I think that's either a package file problem or a EA problem.

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 1:49 PM
Since I actually still had that file I made the blog post with, here it is

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 3:09 PM
Yeah the molly problem is a package problem, I think. It's got an embedded clutterTableTissueBox package inside the sim package which is only visible when you use a package viewer like s3pe. I could probably add detection for that, and mark it as corrupt.

Thanks for the other file, I'll take a look now.

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 3:28 PM
I don't think they are corrupt per se. They can be used it just that you have an potentially unwanted cc in your game afterwards.

May I make a request as well ? Could you mark wrongly categorized cc as corrupt as well ? The ones that are categorized for babies or toddlers and up ?

EDIT:

Heres one more.

Quinn May Uders has some clothing

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 5:06 PM
Okay I took a look at Sweetwater estate. Custard doesn't lie - all of those package files after that one *are* corrupted. If you extract the contents of the Sims3Pack and try to open one of the later packages you can't. It's just not a package.

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 5:10 PM
crinrict the new version already has the corrupted flag set for the bad age stuff (babies, toddlers, etc).

Here's what the new custard says about quinn may uders:

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/25454_110130171359Clipboard01.jpg

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 5:27 PM
Thanks so much. I'll be updating my blog as soon as you upload the new version. This is just grand. It will help people so much more.

I'm guessing then that sweetwater got corrupted while up or downloading cause I couldn't even install it and I've seen numbers in such files that are usually fine (except for being wrongly categorized) that show the way they do in sweetwater. My guess is, that some bad file is encountered while uploading which screws up the rest but doesn't tell the user that it didn't upload alright. Wouldn't know for sure though.

suzetter
30th Jan 2011, 6:14 PM
suzetter:

The original Sims3Pack you supplied only has 1 non-thumbnail in it, which happens to be the Lot, but Custard is misdetecting it as an object. So the original file doesn't contain anything like a "reference". The thumbnails showing the description is a bug; they are actually thumbnails, just they show whatever the first line has as a description instead of blank.

Whatever problems the game has, it's not becuase of the things Custard is doing, since the generated XML is identical to the original in my version here.

Thank you for checking this out. By reference I just meant it was referencing the cc rather than the lot in the top row. However, since you say it is misdetecting the lot as the last cc item it detects than that explains why it was only showing one item description in the top row(though the lot had several).

I did load the sims3pack back into my game and saw the lot was fine and had no cc so I figured it was a Custard issue.

Still some confusion here. My game isn't having problems (that I know of, anyway). The problem was I could not tell if the lot file was free of cc by using Custard because of the way it was reading the file and picking up the cc instead of listing the lot. Also, I couldn't generate a dump xml (which I now suspect may be due to a security setting on my system for active x controls.) Are you saying Custard is not working for me because of something in my game? or is the bug in Custard and if so, can it be rectified?

Please advise. Thanks.

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 6:34 PM
suzetter: That was a custard bug thats fixed in the next version. :)

crinrict: Yeah it's definately some kind of bad file - my guess is that becuase of the corrupted index in that one package, that it screws up reading all the subsequent files - either way it's not something you can easily fix, since theres absolutely no reference point.

I've attached the newest version to this post so you can test it before I put it live. :)

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 7:03 PM
Thank you. I'll try a few files later tonight.

Since those bad index files usually can't be installed anyway, I'm not too concerned about them. I was just wondering if the rest is really mess-up as well or if that was a Custard error and you have most definitely answered that question for me.

By the way: What's a bad download ? Is there a difference to bad index and what error will that cause ?

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 8:16 PM
The rest of the files are definately messed up - thats not a custard bug.

Basically, I define a "bad download" as "it's a DBPF but it can't be read". Specifically it's talking about the fact that the index offset points *outside* the bounds of the file. Which obviously is corrupted. This differs from a bad index, which is when the index itself exists, but had bad or invalid compression flags. (Which can be fixed).

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 8:59 PM
Ok. Thanks

I checked some files with the new version. I think there is something off. A lot of the files I checked show red in the first line now. If I check them with the old version, they do not have that sub-type thing that mollie had. Even households show up like that and I'm pretty sure those don't come with anything. I have not tried them in my game (for I'm on another computer right now) but since 9 out of 10 files showed as faulty, I think there is something off. I'm attaching one that shows faulty with the new version, but ok with the old one.

There is two more issue I'm unsure how to address:

1. Stuff that is categorized for pregnancy without a corresponding mesh: I do not have an example ready for those are not easy to find (except the official brides maids store items) but could you think of any way to show these ?

2. Naked files: Most of the stuff that is categorized for naked, shouldn't be. There are a few exceptions like early tattoos and nude male torsos. Not sure if there is a way to maybe warn people about them ?

Thanks so much for looking into this. You truly made my day today.

There is one more issue I'm uncertain off (and need to check): There are quite a few socks & gloves out there categorized for teens and up. Don't know if those pose a problem.

suzetter
30th Jan 2011, 10:24 PM
Wow, that was fast. Okay, I tried the updated version of Custard on the salon lot and it appears to be working fine now. The information and thumbnails are as they should be. :up: Attached is a image of the Custard read-out of the file. Thanks for taking care of this so quickly. :)

Delphy
30th Jan 2011, 11:31 PM
Crinrict do you mean to say that those files all show the recursive issue? Ie dbpf within a dbpf? If so then obviously this problem is way more prevalent than I thought. I stillnthink that maybe it should be something to fix, though, since it is otherwise cc you don't know about.

crinrict
30th Jan 2011, 11:51 PM
Yes, I mean the recursive issue. Maybe you could just leave that the way it was before, since one is able to tell that something comes with it if people know what to look for (I'm trying my best in educating people) and figure out what's going on for a version after that.

I did find something else that was strange:

This recolored shoe file I'm attaching shows as XML tuning mod and I'm pretty sure, it's not.

Going to bed now :)

Delphy
31st Jan 2011, 2:29 PM
I'd rather have it detect the type properly (Lot, or Sim), but use the Sub-Type to indicate that it contains other packages, and then not mark it as corrupt. However, since I *can* clear out any recursive-DBPFs, that could be another option.

I'll take a look at the shoes when I get home, but the detection is (usually) pretty damn good... :)

crinrict
31st Jan 2011, 6:26 PM
I'll look forward to whatever you come up with :)

CaliDilds
1st Feb 2011, 10:28 AM
Hi, this might be a dumb newb question, but how do I stop my packs from auto loading to the Installer? I want to run them through Custard first. Also, I tried to check a World for bad CC and it said 'Unhandled Exception has Occurred....'

crinrict
1st Feb 2011, 12:18 PM
Do you mean when downloading from the exchange or if you have the sims3pack files on your computer ?

For the Exchange: Use the 'Save as' option instead of 'add to game' to save them to your computer first.
For files on your Computer: Don't double-click on them but open Custard first and then open the files from within Custard (or change the program you want to open sims3pack with to Custard instead of the Launcher).

brandi22
4th Feb 2011, 10:23 PM
Will this detect the following cc that causes baby/toddler glitches:

- New CAS Project vampire t-shirt
- Night time and day time everyday shoes
- .Nkd bottom

crinrict
5th Feb 2011, 10:29 AM
The new version Delphy is working on will (not saying WHAT they are but that they are badly categorized and marking them red). The one in the first post doesn't.

ArwenLee
6th Feb 2011, 5:31 AM
I have installed so many sims 3 file which I probably don't know I have it it would be kind of great That I have this tool on my mac to manege those files and my sims start to wearing those crazy outfits when they are showering as well as I installed those beautiful hoses I find on the internet and came out so wrong which is annoying so I was kind hope there is a tool that can help me out here... :rofl: Hope the mac tool would came out soon

Simmiller
13th Feb 2011, 3:40 PM
I'm getting an error when opening the .rar file for this program: Unexpected end of archive.

Any thoughts?

Delphy
13th Feb 2011, 5:36 PM
Download it again. :)

twoftmama
3rd Mar 2011, 9:14 PM
I downloaded this for the first time today to remove a pattern from a lot before installing it. I noticed it said it had a DBPF in the DBPF but ignored that since it is a known issue. I unchecked the box next to the pattern and saved. When I tried to open the file after saving, I got an error. I can give you the lot if you need it.

Oh and the Custard I downloaded was from your post on Jan. 30th.

kslibra
4th Mar 2011, 7:08 AM
Hi Delphy! It's me again...I've not been back since Sept...the last month alone has been spent trying to get my game back to status quo after the 1.19 patch!

I redownloaded your CUSTARD program (9/27) as I'm redoing all my old programs just in case. I opened a .Sims3Pack in the program with corrupt files and I had no options to fix, debug or save. I can open and exit and that is it. They are all like this.

I've not downloaded the recent version as you seem to be testing it and, since my interest is in winnowing out the corrupt and bad CC and identifying custom windows/doors/arches (I'm thinking of taking Huge Lunatics advice on extracting most of my files to package files as I HATE HATE HATE the Launcher!) and extracting those package files and the numbers involved are ginormous, I didn't feel I would be able to test, etc.

Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to install the more recent version instead of the 9/27 one? Or have I just completely forgotten how to use this in the past 5 1/2 months! :lol:

crinrict
4th Mar 2011, 1:46 PM
@kslibra: How did you open the file ? I found that for me, the save tends not to work if I right click on the file and open Custard this way. If I open Custard first and then open the file from within Custard, it does work fine.

Also the broken Windows/Doors/Arches won't be recognized by Custard (at least not to my knowledge since this is a newer issue.

Check my tutorial to see what issues Custard does recognizes: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorial-custard.html

twoftmama
4th Mar 2011, 6:32 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the version in the first post, and got the same result.

Delphy
5th Mar 2011, 9:04 AM
crinrict, broken doors/windows/arches? I haven't seen that type... do you have an example and an explanation of whats wrong?

crinrict
5th Mar 2011, 11:30 AM
Because of the half walls introduced with LN a few windows/doors show holes in the walls. There are many many of those (even some EA ones). I'm not exactly sure what is wrong but lots of them had to be updated.

I guess most creators have updated theirs so I don't have an example right now (except the cellar arch in the EA Store).

Here's a pic though: http://www.customsims3.com/smf/index.php?topic=3025.msg28331#msg28331

Some windows even crash the game. Since many of those where Sims3packs they faulty ones are bound to be still in the Exchange and other sites.

In a German forum I found this info (mind you, I have no idea what this means, just trying to translate what they said): The problem seems to be with the dds format of the wall mask and they need to be saved as DTX1 instead of DTX5. They say that EA has changed the compression of the wall mask. Maybe some of the creators know more.

Delphy
5th Mar 2011, 1:45 PM
crinrict: Okay cool, I'll ask Leefish about it. Thanks

kslibra
6th Mar 2011, 4:44 AM
Okay...I had the .Sims3Pack files set to Open With CUSTARD. When I open CUSTARD first, although the few I tried weren't fixed, at least I had the option! Because it takes more time doing it the latter method, I'll go on using the Open With to identify the Sims3packs that are corrupt and then switch over after I'm done to see what can be fixed. I have quite a few from TSR, but from what I've read that's to be expected! I also have a number of houses and most of the custom worlds, which I know I've played before....we'll see. I remember there was discussion on this thread about these issues and will look at it further when I get to that point. This is going to be a lengthy process converting all of my .Sims3Pack files that I can! Thanks for the tip...I'd have not likely thought of that, even though upon reflection I remember several of the programs work that way.

The issue with the windows it HUGE in that the majority of my custom windows will crash my game. And...because they are .Sims3pack files, nearly impossible to get rid of....and....since the windows crash the game the moment you try to touch them, even to delete them....AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! And because the Launcher is impossible - not only doesn't it sort, which would make it easier, it also only shows about 1/3 of my custom installs. (The Launcher is the reason I am having to go through this with the Windows.) Crinrict, you know what trouble I've had getting my silly game up to speed - so much time had passed I'd forgotten about the window issue and, with my final reinstall of .Sims3Packs, my cocky little self moved out a family member and proceeded to build a house, only to have it crash as I was swapping out the EA windows that fall below the countertops. Boo Hoo! It has something to do with the wall mask and saving it as DXT1 -1bit alpha instead of DXT5...or something like that. (If this is so, maybe this would be info Delphy could use.) Unfortunately, some creators will not be fixing their windows and the ones that try are finding it rough going, fixing some but finding some still problematic. I'm also thinking that the windows may not be a problem for houses built prior to the patch but I'm not sure I'm remembering that correctly. &^%$ EA! I LOVE my custom windows and I'm afraid it will be difficult to find any more in the future... :(

TaTa - off to work through my .Sims3packs!

crinrict
6th Mar 2011, 10:57 AM
If you have an example of such a faulty window you should upload/link it here. It might help Delphy.

Delphy
6th Mar 2011, 11:36 AM
Talking to Lee last night (who got some info from Inge), sounds like the issue might be fixable, but I just had to reinstall Windows, so I don't have Visual Studio installed yet... so I'll have a look at some point. :)

crinrict
6th Mar 2011, 12:52 PM
Do you have any idea about twoftmama's issue ? I had the same error popping up with this file when simply using save without changing anything.

Since Custard says something about EP03/CounterIslandBaseLounge but I have no clue what that is. I tried with the base game only and there are no extra downloads involved (did find any, anyway)

Both versions of Custard show a DBPF Reference but I can't find anything suspicious when I install the file (except the pattern TFM is trying to get rid of). Seems to work just fine.

The file we are talking about can be found here: http://simsbykate.blogspot.com/2011/03/club-kama-simtra-by-katesterling-no-cc.html

EDIT:
As for the windows issue. I think it would be even great just to SHOW that it has the issue.

Delphy
6th Mar 2011, 8:22 PM
crinrict, try the version attached. Turns out I wasn't encoding some of the XML correctly so it gave errors.

I still need to dig into the Window issue so I'll do that soon(ish).

crinrict
6th Mar 2011, 9:01 PM
Still shows too many as contains another DBPF (almost all the files I checked, random from the exchange). When I check them with the current version they don't show anything (did not try installing the stuff). But I'm guessing that's not the issue you fixed :)

Does fix the issue with that lot TFM talked about.

Still can only use save and save as when I open Custard first and then the file and not use open with on a file to open with Custard.

twoftmama
7th Mar 2011, 7:03 PM
Thank you Delphy. I'll give this version a try.

kslibra
12th Mar 2011, 8:03 PM
I'll have to see what windows are crashing...I've had several but I was just taking them out thinking they were bad downloads - I didn't realize it was a widespread issue with the patch that gave us half-walls. I'm guessing this is the same patch that gave Delphy such a headache back in Sept!

I do know that the problem is with the 1-tile windows (and some doors and arches)...I think I've read that the 2-tile windows seems to be fine... Hudy777 has that great EXTENSIVE set of modern windows that were really screwed up but all have been fixed except for the 45 degree ones. I've been using CUSTARD to find all my windows .sims3packs so I can check with the artists and see if they've been fixed. I'll let you know what I find out...

There were a couple of artists that had given us half-walls (probably from a fence) but EA gave us half-walls and ruined our windows. (Rumor has it they even screwed up a couple of their own windows!) If EA were to ask me if I'd rather have half-walls or great custom windows, two big thumbs up for the custom windows!

crinrict
12th Mar 2011, 11:23 PM
(Rumor has it they even screwed up a couple of their own windows!)

That's not a rumor, that's a fact.

HugeLunatic
13th Mar 2011, 12:18 AM
Which windows that are EA's do this? Are they store content? I've found that if I use s3rc on the free arch, then the window masks are wrong and my game will crash(randomly), but if I install straight from the store then it is fine.

I can't test this with any pay store content since I have none. I thought that s3rc only fixed broken packages but doesn't remove the store flag.

crinrict
13th Mar 2011, 6:31 PM
That's the list I have so far (multiple sources, not tried myself):

Cellar Arch (http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18701&amp;categoryId=11566&amp;scategoryId=11568&amp;pcategoryId=11567)
--> might even crash your Game
Gothique Window (http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:19326&categoryId=11566&scategoryId=11573&pcategoryId=11567) (?)
Not-So-Private Study Door (http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17056&categoryId=&scategoryId=11570&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0)
Hidden tomb door (WA) --> reported by gobot1236 (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/328745.page#4677004)

Most of the are Store, yes

I have no clue about s3rc whatsoever

HugeLunatic
13th Mar 2011, 7:21 PM
The current version of the Cellar Arch at the store is fine (for me at least), I just downloaded this past week and installed it. So either they fixed the door or the ones that are broke have been run through s3rc and that is the cause. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.0.html Claims to fix busted store packs, and while I can install sims3packs after using, that cellar arch door has broken masks and crashes the game if I do use s3rc. For anyone reporting those broken, have them redownload from the store and install again and see if the others are fixed. They might possibly be fixed.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that maybe in your lists of broken stuff you could mention redownloading from the store to see if there fixed. Sometimes I can be sooo unclear. :/

crinrict
13th Mar 2011, 10:06 PM
I guess, I will need to try myself. I don't have the other ones, but I can check the cellar Arch.

Will also make a mention in my list.

Now I know what tool you are talking about. I always use the more user friendly version be jfade :)

kittenvampire14
25th Apr 2011, 8:23 PM
CUSTARD always shows custom worlds as corrupted, I doubt that most of them are is this a know issue or am I the only one having this problem?

Delphy
25th Apr 2011, 8:30 PM
kittenvampire: Thats deliberate, becuase you absolutely SHOULD NOT have custom worlds as package files inside your normal custom content folder. It causes all kinds of issues.

Judy Issette
1st May 2011, 4:30 AM
I am getting this error when I try to check my Custom World with Custard.

"The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 75 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 75, position 68."

I have used Custard to check my worlds for any CC that try to hitch a ride on the file for a good while. It has always worked fine. The last time that I tried to check the file, it opened the file, I unchecked the hitch hikers, and then hit save. It was then that I got this error message. After that, I tried Custard on some previous world files and it would not open them at all, but that same error message came up. I read through your comments, but could not fine an answer to this problem. Please help as I would like to check my worlds before offereing them for download. I keep my world files in my documents, not in the game files by the way. It is opening my lots fine and all seems well with them and the program. It is just the worlds that I am having a problem with. :cry:

Delphy
1st May 2011, 9:35 AM
Judy: Do you have an example world you could link me to or upload? It's probably a minor fix. :)

kittenvampire14
1st May 2011, 8:45 PM
Thank you :3
I was worried so I haven't been downloading worlds. :anime:

Judy Issette
2nd May 2011, 4:05 AM
Thank for your response, Delphy. Here is a link to Pandora with lots. Let me know if the link doesn't work. I had checked this file not three weeks ago with Custard and found a lot of unwanted CC on the world that was not put there by me. The worlds are known to pick up hitchhikers, which I did not know until I got Custard. Custard worked fine at that time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxjp0xswoi7q07x

Someone told me that I needed to remove my dcbackup file before I exported next time and that way nothing would attach to my world. Then I could check it with Custard. It seems strange that I had been checking my worlds up until this point and Custard was working fine. I also used it on Riverside and it did fine, but each time I use it on my custom worlds now, I get that same error message. It all started when I tried to check my new world, Atlantis.

Hopefully, you can figure out what is happening. Thanks :)

Judy Issette
5th May 2011, 4:13 AM
Another problem with Custard is that after we check a world for CC, it won't let us open that file again. Is that normal? It is not that way with the lots, just the worlds. I have had other people say they had the same problem with Custard. There is something about the world files that Custard doesn't like. LOL

Judy Issette
8th May 2011, 2:59 PM
Do you have any idea what this means?

enabled.

This was on the error message on Custard. Do I need to do something on my end? Is this causing the problem?

Ghost sdoj
10th May 2011, 11:45 PM
No, the JIT Debugging isn't causing errors. It's not even something to worry about at our end. It's a developer's tool.

crinrict
18th May 2011, 9:53 PM
Delphy, I did some exporting of Sims myself and I have to say that most package cc seems to do this DBPF within a DBPF thing if you share them. I don't know if it has something to do with the tool to create them or with the new way to put in cc.

IndigoKarin
28th May 2011, 8:51 PM
GAAAH!!! I tried to use this to remove custom content from a lot I made, but when I loaded the sims3pack file... the screenshots were fine, but the sims3pack was corrupted! I'm a complete novice and idiot at uploading creations... so does anyone know what I should do? I tried the "fix" option, but it didn't work.

IndigoKarin
29th May 2011, 5:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the doll that caused my game to crash. As soon as I removed it all crashing and saving errors stopped. I made no other alterations to my game. I guess I could reinstall it and see if it starts crashing again, but no thanks.

EA took the whole doll debacle seriously enough to issue warnings and is rapidly culling assets. It's probably broader though, there's a lot of bad CC on the Exchange, not just the doll. That's why this tool is so helpful and should be used to check every Sims3Pack before it is installed.

Was it the "Evil Doll from Hell?" [Girl Doll Dressed?] I think the creator provided instructions to removing it at the original download site. Yeah... the doll has been causing all kinds of problems. It's been spreading like a virus through the Exchange and it apparently copies itself to any file you attempt to upload [to exchange or anything else]. Best advice... GET RID OF IT ASAP! [Follow the instructions on how to get rid of it - sorry I don't have a link] and if you really want the doll... the creator made a new version of it that doesn't have the glitch. [The Doll Virus was a complete accident in programming so theres no need to fault her for this]. DON'T DOWNLOAD THE DOLL UNLESS IT SAYS
"Girl Doll Dressed - Updated." Good luck!

lilynadine
2nd Jun 2011, 8:19 AM
Delphy, I tried to download this, and for some reason it refuses unzip it. I have also previously tried to download your Dashboard tool and had the same problem. I use winrar (I always have, and for anything else I download, it's fine.) I was hoping to check my cc for corrupt pieces, but I can't use your tools. Do you have any idea why that would be? If you can help, that would be lovely...

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll275/username_edited/winrarcustard.jpg

suzetter
4th Jun 2011, 4:16 PM
I had cleaned out the photos from a lot package and saved. When I tried checking the package later on to make sure the photos had been deleted and I recieved an unhandled exception message (screem image below) and the details were:

These are the details:
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4959 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
Sims3PackCleaner
Assembly Version: 1.1.4110.34676
Win32 Version: 1.1.4110.34676
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/zette/Desktop/Sim%20folder/Custard%20may%2024%202011/Sims3PackCleaner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
System
System.Drawing
MadScience.Wrappers
Assembly Version: 1.1.4110.34440
Win32 Version: 1.1.4110.34440
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/zette/Desktop/Sim%20folder/Custard%20may%2024%202011/MadScience.Wrappers.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I attached the sims3pack in case you need to look at it. The cc used in the lot was previously checked in Dashboard however I am using a cc RH door on the lot. My OS is windows 7

Delphy
4th Jun 2011, 7:28 PM
Thanks suzetter, I'll take a look.

lilmidgeb
11th Jun 2011, 9:51 PM
Hi Delphy
I talked about this with you in live chat (my name is midge there)
Here's the lot and a screen shot of what comes up when I open it in custard :help: .

Menaceman44
12th Jun 2011, 5:43 PM
Should I be worried if a world I have created myself in CAW has its description show up highlighted in red as though it is corrupt? It isn't described as corrupted, it is correctly listed as a world but it is still highlighted in red.

Morlock
13th Jun 2011, 4:37 AM

I seem to be experiencing this bug. I exported a lot and checking with Custard removed a few image files (of the window). But the lot is showing as an object with a CC sub-type descriptor.

I install tested the lot and it doesn't include the window that is showing up.

Delphy
13th Jun 2011, 9:45 AM
Menaceman, no you don't need to worry about that - if it doesn't say "Corrupt - " something in the description you are fine.

kagomemaster94
17th Jun 2011, 11:28 PM
I attempted to download the .net framework but its saying something about i can't because my system is 64-bit. Is there a version that works for 64 bit systems?

Dolbozavra
18th Jun 2011, 8:27 AM
I'm playing the Apocalypse challenge in the Viper Valley custom world (got it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ctukez8qitoft9m) and it lags a lot, so I thought I'd see if it can be fixed. It shows as corrupted in Custard; I clicked "fix", saved the file and when trying to open it again, got the following error:

"Unhandled exception occurred in your application.

************* Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'LocalizedDescription' start tag on line 21 does not match the end tag of 'LocalizedName'. Line 21, position 609.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at MadScience.Sims3Pack.Load(String filename)
at Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.loadFile(String filename)
at Sims3PackCleanInstaller.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
Sims3PackCleaner
Assembly Version: 1.0.3922.35965
Win32 Version: 1.0.3922.35965
CodeBase: file:///F:/Games/EA/MTS_Delphy_1137490_CUSTARD/Sims3PackCleaner.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5442 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
MadScience.Wrappers
Assembly Version: 1.1.3830.15609
Win32 Version: 1.1.3830.15609
CodeBase: file:///F:/Games/EA/MTS_Delphy_1137490_CUSTARD/MadScience.Wrappers.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Attached is also the debug file, just in case

And my real question is, can custom worlds be fixed with this tool?

suzetter
22nd Jun 2011, 5:15 PM
Seeing the above (similiar to the messge I recieved) and looking online I see people getting this same error msg for a variety of reasons leads me to think this may be a windows 7/net framework issue rather than custard.

Debbswilkinson
5th Jul 2011, 1:24 PM
Hi Delphy,

I am having the same as lilmidgeb, looks exactly the same, all the objects/patterns ect are fine but the first line is labelled as corrupt, any ideas??

Karmel4
17th Jul 2011, 12:08 AM
I'm having the same issue as Lilynadine. I've had Custard and Dashboard for a long time but now suddenly I can't open/run them. I get the same message. I just updated my Winzip. I'm pretty sure I have an issue in my cc because my game keeps randomly crashing to desktop - and I can't check it....... Delphy, it appears you have an invaluable product here! Thanks for everything you do for us!