PDA

View Full Version : so my game

digitaljedi15
18th Apr 2010, 6:07 AM
won't start up if i add new mods i have alot of mods already installed and it works fine but if i add a new mod it won't start any idea why? and sorry if this si the wrong place to post this

Mootilda
18th Apr 2010, 6:13 AM
Mods can conflict with each other if they attempt to modify the same things. Mods can conflict with the game if they aren't compatible with the installed EPs. Mods can even conflict if they use different modding techniques, which is why it is often best to stick with mods from one group of modders that are known to work together.

HystericalParoxysm
18th Apr 2010, 9:20 AM
You can, however, usually safely mix and match things that are just -addons-. That is, hair, clothes, walls, furniture, etc. that just add content to your game, it's usually perfectly safe to add lots of those things from all different places and they usually won't conflict with each other or anything. When you get into actual "mods" - that is, things that modify game behavior such as hacks or hacked objects, those can be somewhat more risky.

Mootilda
18th Apr 2010, 8:03 PM
Thanks, HystericalParoxysm. I forgot that people use the word "mod" for a number of things.

It's probably worth mentioning that you can use the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility to find conflicting mods. Download from TS2 Programs at:
http://simwardrobe.com/

Firestar2010
19th Apr 2010, 12:30 AM
How much free space do you have on your computer? Because I have had that happen with both 2 and 3 and it was because i overloaded my computer with mods, slowing it down to the point where it could barely breath, much less run the game (oops on my part). Check into that one too...

(HI HP)