PDA

View Full Version : Can't download from EA store

redleigh86
27th May 2010, 6:43 AM
*Mods, I've gone through everything in the forum and all the most recent posts. There are similar problems but I didn't find anything that fits my exact problem.

First off:

I have Windows Vista x64 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop, UAC turned off, firewall turned off, NoScript turned off, and have Sims 3 (no WA) patched to 1.11.7.005001 and EADM patched to most recent version. I have no mods installed, and have tried downloading using Firefox, IE, and Safari. I've tried rebooting the system, removing CC, and uninstalling and reinstalling the actual Sims 3 game. I've also tried running the launcher/game as an administrator and manually choosing the Sims3launcher program as the download choice for items from the store.

Background:

I hadn't played the game in almost a year, but just this last week decided to start playing again. Now, a year ago, I had downloaded and installed and successfully played with items downloaded from the EA store and, of course, MTS. I can still download and install and use items downloaded from here.

Problem:

I can no longer dl items by way of the launcher. I just figured this out when I tried to download the Smart car from the store. I thought maybe it was just that item but tried several other free items and none of them worked. What happens is the launcher launches (if not already opened, as when I opened it as an administrator), and the item looks like it's about to start downloading. It quickly then turns to a box and the status has a red circle with a line through it. This all happens in less than 3 seconds, so I've never had a time-out or endless waiting. It also always says the item size is 1kb.

Any suggestions? Or does anyone at least know what the issue is? I don't know if it's a patch or something with security, or just a bug or what.

chandraj
27th May 2010, 4:20 PM
Thia is happening to me too. Driving me insane not being able to download the new town.

Oddly - and I'm sure its not the issue but perhaps worth noting - I have a Toshiba Satellite but am running Win7.

Looking forward to the reply

ellacharmed
27th May 2010, 4:52 PM
I think EA is updating the Store, from threads reporting of same issue on the BBS.

Hang tight until they post an announcement or at least check again after Ambitions' release due date arrives.

redleigh86
27th May 2010, 8:00 PM
I think EA is updating the Store, from threads reporting of same issue on the BBS.

Hang tight until they post an announcement or at least check again after Ambitions' release due date arrives.

Hm, I certainly hope they're working on it! When I was googling for a solution, the EA boards were reporting several similar problems but the EA techs were only recommending a complete wipe of the entire system and reinstalling the person's OS! Now, I like my Sims but there's no way I'm doing that just to be able to download from their store lol! Besides, people were saying that did nothing. I can't believe they'd recommend that :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can certainly wait till Ambitions, since I want that EP anyway. Thanks for the response! I'm really hoping the problem is only on EA's side with the store.

redleigh86
1st Jun 2010, 10:05 PM
Hey, I just wanted to add an update to this issue. With the newest update received after installing Ambitions, I was finally able to download from the EA store again. So the issue was definitely on their side. Hopefully they'll soon release an update for the people who don't have the EP!

ellacharmed
1st Jun 2010, 11:21 PM
Yes, the patch 1.12 has been released. We have threads in discussion on this topic, if you care to share your experiences on updating to this version.
The direct download links in the wiki has also been updated. ;)

Locking then...