PDA

View Full Version : Furniture on the lawn?

rosenoire
12th Oct 2010, 10:45 AM
I seem to have a bunch of junky furniture on the lawn across from one of my households. There's no lot there, and all my sims can do is sit in the chairs, but I have no idea why it's there at all. Help?

HystericalParoxysm
12th Oct 2010, 10:53 AM
Erm, got a pic?

WayBack
12th Oct 2010, 12:08 PM
It happened to me when I changed the junkyard lot to a residential lot (I hate when the game automatically picks a lot for Ambition buildings). Somehow, despite the change, the lot still produced some random crap like beaten chairs and sofas. Deleting the lot didn't solve the problem, the chairs were still there. Seems like a bug. No idea how to solve it, I just ignored the lot and moved somewhere else.

rosenoire
12th Oct 2010, 1:33 PM
Here's a link to the picture:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q256/darkrosetiger/trashonlawn-1.jpg

The stuff isn't in an actual lot, but I can't place a lot over it, or bulldoze it. It is a custom world, so I'm wondering if that's the problem. I could have sworn it wasn't there last night, though.

calisims
12th Oct 2010, 1:41 PM
That lot has junk spawners on it. To get rid of them, enter the lot in edit town mode. Then, open the cheat console and enter testingcheatsenabled true, and hit return. Open it again and enter BuildBuyDebug on. When the buy debug is on you will see the spawners and can delete them. When you bulldoze a lot that has spawners on it, the spawners remain, so you will have to manually remove spawners whenever you bulldoze a junkyard.

Shimrod101
12th Oct 2010, 1:49 PM
There are spawners on the junkyard spawning the junk, just like fish spawners, gem spawners etc. I think what's happened is you deleted the Junkyard, but the spawners were not deleted, they are still there. You can try going to this lot in Edit Town to edit it as if you were going to build on it. Use the button to go down, as if you were building a basement, and see if you find the white boxes, which are the spawners, in which case delete them.

If there is no lot in this place, because you bulldozed it, I would actually place a new empty lot there and do as I described above, such that you can search for these junk spawners which maybe are still there.

If you don't find any of these white box spawners, I think what I would do is leave this empty lot in place and take my sim there and pick up all this junk furniture; just sell the stuff from inventory or family inventory later if you don't want this junk. Then wait and see if new junk furniture is spawned again.

Edit: Oops, Calisims was typing at the same time as I...

rosenoire
13th Oct 2010, 5:22 AM
The game allowed me to place an empty lot over the junk pile, which seems to have fixed it. Thanks, all!