PDA

View Full Version : Enayla skins for TS3

Le Carrera
19th Oct 2010, 5:28 PM
Does anyone know if anyone has made TS3 conversions for Enayla's old TS2 skins?

And before anyone goes screaming about it being not allowed or against her TOU... she disappeared off the face of Internet what, 2 or 3 years ago? There hasn't been any activity on her MTS account or any of her websites for several years. She's been MIA and absent from the Sims community for ages so her TOU does not say anything about TS3 conversions.

HystericalParoxysm
19th Oct 2010, 5:36 PM
I tried it just for the hell of it, just to see what it'd look like... and honestly... Her textures are beautiful for TS2 but they don't convert over well to TS3. They look okay, but nothing amazing - certainly not the shiny prettyness they are in TS2. Textures kinda have to be done specifically to work with TS3 - in TS2, most of the shading was done on the skin itself. In TS3 the lighting is much more dynamic so you have to create a very "neutral" base or it looks weird. I tried to adjust her textures to fit the TS3 way and once I got them not looking weird, they'd lost all the purtifulness and really didn't look much better than the default textures.

But, of course, I wouldn't have released them without her permission even if they'd been amazing. She's still contactable through other means to get permission - just not through the sims community.