PDA

View Full Version : The Random Legacy Challenge (1st Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Redhead Creations
27th Oct 2011, 3:55 PM
I've also seen an opportunity pop up at the Equestrian Center - I can't remember exactly what it was for or the premise, but eventually they DO happen. So there is still an opportunity there that can be taken advantage of even if you aren't in the Equestrian Career. But I'm with everyone else that racing and jumping competitions are part of the Equestrian Career and should only be done if you've rolled that.

Going back to the breeder topic, I had the same idea as Nuts, that to make it more challenging make it more realistic. Breeders don't just do one batch of puppies/kittens, they make their money off multiple batches (even though it doesn't appear we can make money off breeding dogs/cats, but you get my point). So perhaps set the goal to have three or four batches, whether that be multiple batches from one set of animals, or using a seeding pair of animals to breed three more batches down the line. That might be fun and interesting! (Space permitted, of course, but if you get rid of the baby animals, then you'll still only be left with two pets at a time).

And again, as Nuts did, I set my pet's ages to much lower to be more realistic. I believe the default was something crazy, about 3/4ths of the length of the Sim's span. So I lowered it to something like 25 days for cats/dogs and 35 for horses.

SimmingStarfish
27th Oct 2011, 4:33 PM
OK thanks

and aswell for the breeder challenage you could say like every puppie/cat/foal you sell (give to adoption) you type kaching although this is cheating it is not really in this concept? just an idea! :)

although some people may take this to far and type kaching lots of times!

Buckley
27th Oct 2011, 5:32 PM
OK thanks

and aswell for the breeder challenage you could say like every puppie/cat/foal you sell (give to adoption) you type kaching although this is cheating it is not really in this concept? just an idea! :)

although some people may take this to far and type kaching lots of times!
Sophie, that would make the Breeder roll more of a career than a generation goal/miscellaneous fun. Besides, we tend to avoid rules that involve cheats and/or mods.

Red, I agree that having multiple litters would make the Breeder goal more realistic, but the problem is that not all players want to adopt out their puppies/kittens/foals. And if you don't get rid of some of the extra pets, space becomes an issue.

Honestly, I'm kind of on Melissa's side on this one. I plan to breed my pets regardless of whether I roll Breeder or not, so I'm probably not going to use that roll anyway. But I won't object if you all want to add a Breeder roll. :)

CyyKosis
27th Oct 2011, 5:34 PM
Like Melissa and Giga, I've been experiencing lag in my town now that pets is working. I'm also sick of the drive to school or work taking hours due to the split city of Anne Arbor so I'm portering the important residents to an undecided town. Once I get the new town set up, I'll update since I've had half a chapter done for days.

If anyone has been having problems with the roller not working, you might need to update Java. The IDE I used is older so everyone should be fine anyway, but I thought I'd bring it up JIC.

SimmingStarfish
27th Oct 2011, 5:47 PM
I'm creating my sims and there careers are both equestrian which should roll in lots of money(:

and only 2 children so should be an easy generation to work with!

calisims
27th Oct 2011, 5:56 PM
Red, I agree that having multiple litters would make the Breeder goal more realistic, but the problem is that not all players want to adopt out their puppies/kittens/foals. And if you don't get rid of some of the extra pets, space becomes an issue.

Honestly, I'm kind of on Melissa's side on this one. I plan to breed my pets regardless of whether I roll Breeder or not, so I'm probably not going to use that roll anyway. But I won't object if you all want to add a Breeder roll. :)

Yeah, when I found out that putting up pets for adoption just vanishes them forever, I decided I never want to adopt them out.
So, I'm fine with adding a breeder roll for people who want it, but I won't play it.
Just so people know, the family cap is now 10 in Pets. The human limit is still 8, and the total Pet limit is 6.

NutsAndDolts
27th Oct 2011, 6:32 PM
Do little pets like snakes and stuff count towards the limit?

I'm getting pets soon. =D Doing my best to prepare my game for it now. I do currently have some lag. I've been going through the house trying to delete pictures I don't need, and some shrubs. When generation 3 has died off I'm getting rid of the garden and hot tub.

Some questions for anyone that knows...

1. do lots of items in sims' inventories cause lag?
2. what about the intense art museum I have? It's across town and all, but would it still cause overall lag for my game? should I nuke it?
3. um... any other tips?

It's not TOO bad, but when I played a different town for a bit I noticed things were so fast...

AJH
27th Oct 2011, 6:35 PM
Do little pets like snakes and stuff count towards the limit?

I'm getting pets soon. =D Doing my best to prepare my game for it now. I do currently have some lag. I've been going through the house trying to delete pictures I don't need, and some shrubs. When generation 3 has died off I'm getting rid of the garden and hot tub.

Some questions for anyone that knows...

1. do lots of items in sims' inventories cause lag?
2. what about the intense art museum I have? It's across town and all, but would it still cause overall lag for my game? should I nuke it?
3. um... any other tips?

It's not TOO bad, but when I played a different town for a bit I noticed things were so fast...

I'm pretty sure that the small pets don't count, only cats, dogs & horses

My only tip would be, in case it all goes horribly wrong, export a copy of your family (and any others you want to keep) so that at least you can recover them if your save becomes unplayable

Redhead Creations
27th Oct 2011, 6:41 PM
Yeah, when I found out that putting up pets for adoption just vanishes them forever, I decided I never want to adopt them out.
So, I'm fine with adding a breeder roll for people who want it, but I won't play it.
Just so people know, the family cap is now 10 in Pets. The human limit is still 8, and the total Pet limit is 6.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that adopting out your pets sends them into the ether! Yeah, that's terrible. I probably wouldn't be adopting them out either - I just figured they went into the "shelter" pool and other families would adopt them, and you'd see them running around town with other families.

Man, some really simple things are totally messed up in this EP. =(

As far as including the roll or not, I can go either way. While I like the idea of 'more options in rolls the better', I know it'd be frustrating for those who have rolls they skip and having them keep coming up. So, whatever the majority decides, I'm good with. =)

NutsAndDolts
27th Oct 2011, 6:47 PM
I don't have an emotional response when I get a roll I know I won't do. I just re-roll.

So will your neighbors randomly get pets of their own?

ReyaD
27th Oct 2011, 6:52 PM
Hey lookit that. Sabo Legacy chapter one is up. The outtakes contain a spoiler so I'll post them tomorrow with the next chapter.

Ch 1.1 - Cast Out http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/11-cast-out.html

Sucks about the lag, Becky. But I suppose it makes sense that more clutter = more lag.

KaiRuh
27th Oct 2011, 7:04 PM
I haven't really figured that out yet.. neighbors get pets during adoption scenarios, but those pets disappear as soon as the neighborhood adoption is over, so they aren't real pets. And besides that, none of my neighbors have been getting pets, so I figured they didn't unless you added them yourself. But then I noticed something in the Nraas forums that mentioned pet beds with the home inspections, so I think that SP might be preventing my neighbors from getting pets because they don't have any of the necessary items for them. I ended my play session last night by going around and adding extra beds/cribs and pet items to all of the houses, so I'll find out next time I play if other families get pets of their own. I hope they do. That would be a ridiculous thing for EA to leave out.

calisims
27th Oct 2011, 7:09 PM
The only neighbor I had in BH to gets pets of his own was putting them up for adoption. You'll get a pop up saying that so & so's pet had babies and would you like to come adopt one. And the house will have a special map tag over it indicating there are animals up for adoption. When these adoption notices happen, the family hosting it gets pets out of nowhere, they aren't actually born from any pets they may or may not have had previous to the adoption event.
In my neighborhood, Anson Pleasant has had his puppies up for adoption for a good five or so days, and I eventually got age up notices for his dogs. As far as I know, no other neighbors will adopt these pets, so Anson is stuck with them.
I've heard that if you switch over to play the family hosting the adoption, the pets disappear. Creepy.

mimi250
27th Oct 2011, 7:20 PM
I think that if EA allows pets to disappear after an adoption, it's in order to preserve our gameplay. If every pet given by our active family during 10 generations stays in the neighborood and breed with other pets, I think we'll face troubles and save issues after a few weeks.
My computer performance has decreased with Pets, and I can clearly see how the game runs hard to create and manage all these little minor and major pets.. So, if adoptions are not really adoptions in game, it may be an explanation

As for Melissa, I think I'll chose not giving any pet to adopt rather than seeing them vanish from the pet-family tree

Buckley
27th Oct 2011, 7:24 PM
Becky, I'm sorry about your lag. That sucks! I found a help page that has some advice. I'm guessing you've probably already seen it and/or tried everything on it, but it may be worth skimming over if you haven't. Good luck! :)

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:Intermittent%20Freezes

SimmingStarfish
27th Oct 2011, 7:45 PM
I also get lag! it will stick for about a minute or so then be fine and then the same another 10-30 mins!

I don't mind it all too much though to be honest!
I put some puppies up for adoption and they were still there last time i checked on my other game (if you click on the computer then adopt from shelter the puppies should be there)! But It would be nice to see other EA families running around with our bundles of joy, but I agree with Kai, it could cause even more lag¨

calisims
27th Oct 2011, 8:48 PM
Hey, I just noticed that Twallan updated the Consigner mod to allow selling Pets, major and minor, through the consignment register. It even has price adjustments for good and bad traits, pet age and training, etc.
We can't add an official career that relies on a mod, but for anyone that really wants a Breeder career and uses this mod, it would acceptable to add Breeder to the Non-standard career list when you roll, I think.

SimmingStarfish
27th Oct 2011, 9:35 PM
So you would go to the store and sell the pets!? If so then WOW! Hopefully get the breeder career next gen i love breeding dogs to see the mix breeds i can get!

GigaRevival
27th Oct 2011, 9:46 PM
Welp... Harper will be moving within the next three chapters or so to a small town, that hopefully doesn't have any issues. I just wanted to forewarn everyone that the next chapters will be rushed in an attempt to get her moved. I'm not sure any writing skills that I do have will be good enough to pull this one off. *shrug*
And thanks for the heads up Melissa! I'm not really interested in a breeder career, but it's nice to have the option.
/me off to attempt and get Harper all set up; and read everyone's updates! : )

Edit: I guess I have read everyone's updates already... so scratch that. You people need to get some new chapters up pronto! Or else I'll actually have to attempt to fix my legacy and I don't wanna right now. :lol:

calisims
27th Oct 2011, 10:50 PM
Hey, Colleen! Did you notice in AP there's a dog named Buckley Bedlington?

CinderEmma
27th Oct 2011, 11:49 PM
I'm going to have a breeder career as an option :) (Must remember to keep it as a roll option :D) Twallan's mods are AWESOME :)

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 12:01 AM
Twallan is a genius among men. I'm considering writing an epic about him.

NutsAndDolts
28th Oct 2011, 12:44 AM
Won't it confuse later readers who see people playing breeder career, then, if we don't add it? With a big tag that says "re-roll if you don't have X mod"?

Anyway now I need some ideas about a weird occurrence. There's a guy standing outside River's house, on the sidewalk. I think it's Clint Burger, a pianst or something, who died several days ago (so I can't use total annihilation on him). I can't be sure it's him, though, since when I mouse over him no name pops up! He stands completely motionless. I can't click on him at all.

...it bothers me.

Any ideas on how to get rid of him?

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 12:50 AM
I have absolutely no ideas for what could fix your problem Nuts besides maybe reset lot or delete object (But you mentioned he was unclickable...).

So instead I'm just going to be silly.

IS IT SLENDERMAN? RUN, RIVER RUN!

NutsAndDolts
28th Oct 2011, 12:51 AM
Never mind I found a way to destroy him. It was indeed Clint Burger, who was supposed to be dead. x.x HE WAS SUPER CREEPY, JUST STANDING THERE.
There was an option in MC under town, rather than sim.

Also SP just threw a green-skinned lady into my town, Calisims. She had the surname Xu-Rome, meaning she's a hybrid of Rose Rome and... some big-chested Asian from Bridgeport. She was in my Riverview legacy. I don't think Xu or Rome had green skin. o.O

I will check Xu to be certain.

redcoalcarpets
28th Oct 2011, 12:56 AM
I can't really afford pets right now but i'm crazy excited for horses. if i was rich i'd spend all my time riding around santa monica on my own strawberry arabian...in lingerie, like that chick in AP I keep seeing pictures of.
I was practically crying when I kept getting error messages after patching. I realized, suddenly, I hadn't updated my mods. so i did that. but i'm still getting them, so i'm going to try running it without CC.

CinderEmma
28th Oct 2011, 1:11 AM
Why am I thinking too literally about the strawberry arabian? XD
*is imagining a bright red horse with seeds all over and a green mane*

calisims
28th Oct 2011, 1:12 AM
The rules already allow players to use custom careers. BE at one point had a prostitute in her story, one of the custom careers available, and I didn't see much confusion around that. But if you think it's better to have it as a listed career with a note to re-roll if you don't use the mod or want to use the career (I use Consigner, but I wouldn't play the Breeder career if we added it officially. I'm assuming you aren't ever required to play that career even if you have the mod for other reasons), we can do that.
I'm glad you fixed your Clint Burger problem.
I have my SP set to use random names for immigrants, so they don't necessarily take the names of the families they spawn from. But having Titania and Auberon in my bin has led to a few blue and green skinned bartenders here, lol.

Hey, redcoal, you live in Santa Monica? I live in Mar Vista. :D

So, I've been spending the afternoon fixing up the houses in AP, and sometimes editing the Sims who live in them so they don't all go breeding monsters on me. Is it terribly wrong that I'm starting to pick who Tearney will be beating up as part of her Fighter goal when she moves in?

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 1:32 AM
... Can someone remind me of how to get to the immigration settings again? I feel like an idiot. I'm pretty sure I clicked every single option under Nraas and STILL can't find it.

CinderEmma
28th Oct 2011, 1:35 AM
I know how to get to the immigration settings (though the specifics elude me at the moment, sorry Cece), but I didn't know you could make them not have the last names of the people they were generated from. What option is that? I'm tired of always renaming my immigrants!

calisims
28th Oct 2011, 1:37 AM
Nraas>General Options>Options: Lots>Options: Immigration

NutsAndDolts
28th Oct 2011, 1:40 AM
I left it set to the names of the parents so I have less mental work to do when I see immigrants. I always do wonder who their "parents" were.

I think you have to go to the town hall to access all the extra settings.

And no, it's not wrong calisims, it's awesome. ;)

I guess it's just me that's crazy about the breeder thing. Sorry. x.x Since I don't do the equestrian thing, I'd like either breeder as misc. fun or career... ...and if it's not on the actual page, I'll accidentally not roll for it.

But if I'm the only one that cares, I'll just write a note for myself somewhere, lol.

CinderEmma
28th Oct 2011, 1:43 AM
I care too Becky! :) I want to breed, and I think I'll forget as I don't use the other custom careers (too draining on my computer).

calisims
28th Oct 2011, 1:44 AM
Emma, Under Immigrant Name, set to Random

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 1:49 AM
Thaaaank you Cali <3. I do TRY to figure things out myself, but there's only so long you can be looking for something before losing your temper. (My limit is about five minutes...)

Oh and thank you (yet again) for Sheridan <3. He just... ah... Everytime I see him around town it cheers me up. And I swear he never smiles! xD

Buckley
28th Oct 2011, 1:51 AM
Hey, Colleen! Did you notice in AP there's a dog named Buckley Bedlington?Haha, yes. Unfortunately it's not a golden retriever like my pup. Now I really wish they had a cat name Yang as well... ;)

CinderEmma
28th Oct 2011, 1:51 AM
Thanks Melissa :)

redcoalcarpets
28th Oct 2011, 1:58 AM
I have my immigration set to show me the parents, and i choose names i like. rock stars, writers, designers, etc. they're usually french; doillon or halston are the only ones i can think of.
i'm trial-testing each folder of CC, and so far the only conflict was, bizarelly, buzzler's mods (this was a fantastic use of a school night). the other stuff works find. i have a pic of olivia w/o cc, though, it's pretty funny.
Melissa: yay, SoCal girls!

calisims
28th Oct 2011, 2:07 AM
Cece requested Seirian and Bryce Roman, so here they are. They are Teens.
I removed all CC and store stuff, and also anything from Pets, since a lot of you don't have it yet.

Colleen, I would fall over laughing if there was a Yang cat in AP. I have failed at trying to make a Yang. The kitty I posted pics of before was supposed to be Yang, but I'm just no good at cat making.

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 2:17 AM
Thank you again, Cali!

Buckley
28th Oct 2011, 2:23 AM
Colleen, I would fall over laughing if there was a Yang cat in AP. I have failed at trying to make a Yang. The kitty I posted pics of before was supposed to be Yang, but I'm just no good at cat making.I was somewhat surprised to see a Buckley in AP. I didn't think it was that common a name, lol. The pictures I posted earlier were supposed to be of my dog Kai, but yeah. He looks nothing like the real Kai. To me, animal making is like 10 times harder than sim making. And I can't even make a sim that looks like me, so there is no way I'm going to get a dog to look like my dogs. But it's fun to try.

...The Yang cat you created is adorable, btw. :)

calisims
28th Oct 2011, 2:32 AM
You're welcome, Cece! And I'm glad Sheridan is still making you happy. He never was one for smiling, lol.

And here's Yang,because I know you all want to look at my cute cute kitty:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n145/yangthecat/peek.jpg

CinderEmma
28th Oct 2011, 2:39 AM
*squeals* Hi Yang!

When I create my sim Granger, I'll post pictures plus a full picture (as my avatar only shows his face)

Buckley
28th Oct 2011, 3:07 AM
AWWWW! He's ADORABLE Melissa! <3

And now I want to show off my pups.

Here they are (as puppies, because they're cuter):
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/colleen_davis/IMG_0096.jpg
That's Kai.
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/colleen_davis/Wesley9WeeksOld1-25-094-1-1.jpg
Buckley. :)

NutsAndDolts
28th Oct 2011, 3:19 AM
Ugh. Does anyone know if there is a way to make sims appear pregnant when they are not?

Arjun's lady friend is glitched. Even with MC's pollinate (which I used after she mysteriously was not pregnant after chimes), she does not become pregnant. O.o

I had this glitch with Sun, and blamed it on travel, and used instant baby to create Yasu. But I really would like some scenes with the lady and Arjun before their kid is born.

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 3:28 AM
I had the same glitch with Marie (And Faith). For Faith I used loose-looking teen clothing and for Marie I just switched them over to a new version of the same city for the pregnancy photos (then MC'd a baby after in both cases).

Buckley
28th Oct 2011, 3:41 AM
Becky, that sounds so frustrating. I don't know how to make a woman look pregnant when she's not, but I have a (probably stupid) suggestion/idea about Arjun's lady friend. I once had that problem where they woman wouldn't ever get pregnant, and then I realized that I had previously changed her settings in story progression to not allow pregnancy. (Or maybe I set the father that way. I can't really remember.) If you perhaps changed those settings and forgot to change them back, that could be why she's not getting pregnant.

Again, probably not the case. But I thought it was worth mentioning, on the off chance.

NutsAndDolts
28th Oct 2011, 3:47 AM
You may have just solved my problem Buckley. x.x

I'll check tomorrow. I already shut down the game for the day out of frustration.

Unfortunately I've already lost a sim week trying to get this lady to have a kid. Already lost one of the elders. =(

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 4:14 AM
I just gave up on trying to fix Marie in game and I couldn't ask for help in here because it was kind of a big spoiler. >_>

Best of luck with the glitch, Nuts. Worst case scenario I'd say replace with a clone. You lose genetics but hey... Arjun needs to get those kids from somewhere, right?

teal_moonshine
28th Oct 2011, 6:30 AM
Ok, so today was my first day at playing around with creating Cronus (Father of Zeus and all that)... He's not the greatest, needs a few tweaks, but thought I'd share. So if you have any constructive criticism, please share... 2 are of him as YA and the other Elder because that's what he'll be in game. I'm trying to get the typical Greek profile and such.

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 6:49 AM
So have you guys ever had a sim who does NOT have the flirty or comit issues traits and is NOT in a midlife crisis yet rolled a wish to flirt with someone who was not their spouse?

... Jake befriended Sheridan at work and rolled a wish to flirt with him. I don't know if I'm proud or annoyed...

Teal: His... his nose... ITS PERFECT. <3 Noses are one thing that always piss me off. Even in people I meet day-to-day. And his is just... it sparks no anger in me. I just feel a warm calmness and happiness... if you change it I can't guarantee a piano won't "accidentally" fall on you.

teal_moonshine
28th Oct 2011, 7:16 AM
Thanks Reya! But I was thinking of making it SLIGHTY longer, but trying to keep the bridge looking the same, if that makes sense. Greeks are known for their straight noses, and his looks a little too short, but if it doesn't work after tweaking I'm quite happy to keep it as is.

SimmingStarfish
28th Oct 2011, 10:32 AM
{skips a page back or two}

I would be so interested in the breeder career!
I'm so itching to play now!

SimmingStarfish
28th Oct 2011, 10:37 AM
Just look at the consigner mod it says;

This mod replaces the "Buy" interaction on the Consignment Register with one that allows the sale of potions, gems, rocks, metals, insects, relics, and sketches..

If you have Pets installed, a new interaction called "Sell Pet" will be added to each consignment, general store, and pet store register in town.

Animals sold via this interaction will be placed in eligible homes around town. If no homes are available, the animal is emigrated.

EDIT: What does it mean emigrated?
Definiatly downloading this one i hope to see little pups/kittens running around! :D

YOU CAN ALSO TALK TO PEOPLE AND SELL THEM UR PET AND THEY WILL TAKE THEM HOME!!!!!! AHHH!

mimi250
28th Oct 2011, 12:04 PM
Sophieridley:

I found another thing disturbing in Twallan's mod

"Be aware : Buyers are limited to the family funds they have available, so any pets normally higher in price than the available funds will be sold at a lower value."

I don't want my sims to be underpaid after having spent time and energy to educate and raise their pets. It's a pity because this mod sounds very interesting.

I'll start over a new family in Apaloosa (I'm so fond of this neighborood that I want to try again). To avoid corrupt save, I won't install all the downloaded buildings and cc I had previously. I just bring back a few of them in my download folder, one by one.. (Fingers crossed)

So here's my first roll:

GENERATION 1:

Marital Structure: Mixed Single Parent

Number of Children: Five Children

Heir: Child #5

Primary Income: Ambitions Job: Private Investigator

Generation Goal: The Opportunist

Misc Fun: Fashion Diva

Optional Pets Goal: Perfectionist

5 childrens would be hard to manage but it'll be ok since the most of them will be adopted. :rofl:

I won't replace Private investigator by one of the EP careers (EP gift) as it seems to me that this AMB career is nice if we want to take of care of horses or dogs or cats in the same time. ;)

SimmingStarfish
28th Oct 2011, 12:11 PM
MIMI I AGREE WITH YOU ITS AN AMAZING TOWN!
I got to Gen 3 with my equestrian family but had glitches with them so I've decided to start again!

EDIT: I guess but i'm not going to sell them for £1000's?

mimi250
28th Oct 2011, 12:16 PM
EDIT (for your previous post):

I found another thing disturbing in Twallan's mod

"Be aware : Buyers are limited to the family funds they have available, so any pets normally higher in price than the available funds will be sold at a lower value."

I don't want my sims to be underpaid after having spent time and energy to educate and raise their pets. It's a pity because this mod sounds very interesting.

And second thing, what kind of glitches have you met in AP? I'm interested as I'm hesitating a bit, it seems to me that it's a bit hard for a lot of players to manage families in AP and that corrupt saves appear faster than usual :rolleyes:

SimmingStarfish
28th Oct 2011, 12:20 PM
See above post for answer and
And my women got a job at medical center but would not let the bar go up to get a promotion! So that was gen 1 and i had to live of inventing >:{
Gen 2 was fine
But Gen 3 had yet another glitch were my man would not get out of bed everytime he went to bed and got up i had to reset him so now i have just gave up...

calisims
28th Oct 2011, 12:34 PM
Sophie, if you have any CC beds in your downloads that haven't been updated for Pets, that could be causing the stuck in bed problem. I've heard that just having broken CC beds in your downloads can even effect nonCC beds in your game.
Also, make sure all your mods are updatd. The broken progress bar sounds to me like something and outdated mod might cause.

Colleen, your puppies are so cute! <3

mimi, those are some serious issues with the consigner mod for Pets. I think that's a good reason to keep the career off the official list. If people want to play the breeder career, knowing that they might not get paid consistently for their efforts, that's their choice.

SimmingStarfish
28th Oct 2011, 1:00 PM
I would prefer to take up that career in the later gen because then your not struggerling for money!

39CBones
28th Oct 2011, 2:42 PM
Finally! I've had some problem trying to buy TS3 Pets from Origin. It's just saying that the credit card-number isn't correct. But I finally made it, and it's installing right now! Can't wait!

NutsAndDolts
28th Oct 2011, 2:53 PM
Got pets. Testing AP, got to the create a pet stage. I tried saving my creation, only to have it "saving sim..." forever. =(

So. Where do I get the nifty program to fix my shelves and stuff?

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 4:31 PM
The background of this legacy bugs me. Does it bug anyone else?

1.2 - Beyond Their Means http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/12-beyond-their-means.html

Sybil, Bea and Morand all snuck in there somehow. I don't know how they did it but they did.

Also: Outtakes http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/p/outtakes.html

I am not even joking about Sybil stalking my characters.

GigaRevival
28th Oct 2011, 6:00 PM
Ha... Syb. It's good to see that she never changes.

Blogger is sending me through friggin' hoops trying to access my blog. This is the second time they effed with me. Blogger... the ultimate troll. :| Someday I'll get a chance to update as I have a job interview today! Wish me luck!!

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 6:13 PM
*Hugs Giga* Good luck! You'll do fine.

CyyKosis
28th Oct 2011, 7:01 PM
I wish you luck Giga! :)

AJH
28th Oct 2011, 7:05 PM
Someday I'll get a chance to update as I have a job interview today! Wish me luck!!
Good luck! Hope all goes well for you

moryrie
28th Oct 2011, 8:44 PM
EDIT (for your previous post):
And second thing, what kind of glitches have you met in AP? I'm interested as I'm hesitating a bit, it seems to me that it's a bit hard for a lot of players to manage families in AP and that corrupt saves appear faster than usual :rolleyes:

I've had saves (any town) corrupt on the first save since the update. ;_; Even when I was just saving so that my collections would show up, when I hadn't moved any family in or anything.

CyyKosis
28th Oct 2011, 8:53 PM
Last chapter before Pets installed: http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-28-bfa-best-friends-again.html

My game that I finally got to work is crashing intermittently. Ugh.

SimmingStarfish
28th Oct 2011, 9:09 PM
Is it only my sims that decides o crash or freeze oftentimes?

mimi250
28th Oct 2011, 9:12 PM
So. Where do I get the nifty program to fix my shelves and stuff?

On TSR , here http://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/ :)

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 10:30 PM
So Iíve been toying around with the possibilty of a non-legacy sequel to the Starr Legacy. Itíll pretty much explain what happened to Marie, Bennett and Freddie in Bridgeport and wether or not their mission will be successful. So far Iím planning something like 20-30 longish chapters with room for more depending on what arcs I want to use or if people wanna make me more vampires to kill off in spectacular and gory ways.

Thing is itíll be a heck of a lot of work (Already have bits and pieces done and I donít know if I want to kill my game or kiss it). I do love the story, I love the characters, but I want to share it. And if no one cares I donít think itíd be worth even attempting to organize it for a blog.

So the question is: Would you guys be interested in reading ďTrouble in BridgeportĒ, the official Starr Legacy epilogue?

CinderEmma
28th Oct 2011, 10:32 PM
I would be interested, though I would personally enjoy a 5 chapter epilogue, 20-30 chapters seems to be a bit long and I'm really enjoying the Sabo legacy!

ReyaD
28th Oct 2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah Emma thats why I'm iffy about it. Because its it's own story. I'd only post the first link on here though since this is the random legacy board, not any story people come up with board (I think that one's on the EA exchange).

CinderEmma
29th Oct 2011, 12:06 AM
Well, I love anything you write :) I just want more Sabos, no matter what! :D

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 12:31 AM
Weird. None of my .package files are working now that I've compiled them and placed them in the game.

I lost all my custom hair and everything. EEK! What the heck? =(

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 12:58 AM
...Okay... re-complied... all of my stuff seems okay.

But my UI got messed up. I can't expand the sim panels (like their needs and stuff). I click the arrow and hear "woosh" but get nothing. >=(

Also when I zoom out to town view, I have no magnifying glass icon to zoom back in. I have to click on the town view icon again to get back to normal view.

x.x

CinderEmma
29th Oct 2011, 1:16 AM
That's not good! Why don't you try your game CC free (it shouldn't be hard to put the CC back in if you just move the file) and see if the UI glitches stay.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 2:42 AM
It's definitely one of the .package files causing the errors.

I'm doing a trial and error, putting my CC in one batch at a time. Currently I know it's one of 33 files potentially causing the error.

This is pretty time consuming. xD

CinderEmma
29th Oct 2011, 2:56 AM
Definitely sounds like it, what a pain.
Personally I would just banish all 33 except nessarity ones, I probably wouldn't put the glitched one back in again :P
I just hope I can find all my CC when I switch computers, I deleted almost all of it to make room for pets on my computer. I even had to clear the recycling bin to make room, bah. Then the whole graphics card thing happened, and all that effort was for naught XD

ReyaD
29th Oct 2011, 3:20 AM
Just downloaded some new CC (Post-breakdown Ada-mar-mar didn't look right without blue pigtails... and I need her for a scene in Bridgeport).

Looove CC.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 4:35 AM
My no-memories mod wasn't updated. That was the problem.

*head-desk*

I am a fool. Everything's fine now.

39CBones
29th Oct 2011, 7:20 AM
Seriously. It's been like fourteen hours since I bought Pets. It's still installing. It's only loaded 37%

ReyaD
29th Oct 2011, 8:04 AM
Guuuys the fish kid case is sad! Why didn't anyone warn me?

Buckley
29th Oct 2011, 8:19 AM
Oh my gosh guys. This probably sounds ridiculous, but I am SO happy right now! I just successfully tuned Twallan's dresser mod. I have never in my life done anything computer savvy before, and I am absolutely stoked that I was able to figure out how to do that. Eek! I'm just SO EXCITED! :D (And yes, I realize that y'all are probably rolling your eyes and laughing about how painfully simple XML tuning is, but oh well. I just can't believe I actually taught myself how to do it! *Happy Dance*)

Now, back on topic. Becky, I'm glad your problem was something as easy as an outdated mod. And Cece, don't tell me what happens. I've never gotten that case before. :)

mimi250
29th Oct 2011, 8:21 AM
Is it ok to adopt kids from the neighborood(or from vacation neighboroods)? We can use MC to make other sims join our active households, so I think it will be nice if we are allowed to do it (the only problem will be the age, kids won't necessarily be at the beginning of their age stage, but we can reset this with MC)

ReyaD
29th Oct 2011, 8:28 AM
Now, back on topic. Becky, I'm glad your problem was something as easy as an outdated mod. And Cece, don't tell me what happens. I've never gotten that case before. :)

Thanks for telling me. I'll make sure to downplay the actual events in the case (and not just put them behind a spoiler button since I know you can't resist those).

And most of the time when I roll mixed parent(s) I "adopt" a relative. (Case in point... Sabo Gen 1). Oh wait that was a spoiler. Woops~!

GigaRevival
29th Oct 2011, 9:09 AM
Just downloaded some new CC (Post-breakdown Ada-mar-mar didn't look right without blue pigtails... and I need her for a scene in Bridgeport).

Looove CC.

Ada definitely looks good with that blue hair, doesn't she? :rofl: Can't wait to see what she does in Bridgeport.

Just figured out my issue with blogger and having conflicting emails attached to one account. Blargh. I feel dumb-tron. Will have an update soon as I have no excuse for not having one at this point... besides pure laziness. I still have some homework to do before then, but I'll get on that. I promise. :rolleyes:

Also, I am moving Harper to a new town with some favorite legacy characters making an appearance in her new hometown. I'll have a little intro up someday... someday.

Edit: And thanks everyone for wishing me luck on my job interview. I think I nailed it... but I also that as much with the last one and that fell through. So I am keeping my enthusiasm/expectations at a manageable level.

mimi250
29th Oct 2011, 10:12 AM
NutsandDolts, how many package do you merge in the same time (in one file)? Before having my save corrupt, I used to install almost only S3packs by the launcher, but when I saw the mess it was to delete things and test CC by this way, I chose recently to use only .packages merged. So now I use the Sim3pack multiinstaller to extract my old S3packs files. I'm really glad of this method, but I've read someone advicing to put no more than 199 cc in a merged file. But I'd prefer not to have limit in order to avoid having to manage to much .package files (because of the lags in game when there are too much .package files).

So, if you use to install more than 199 cc in your merged files, I'll know that I won't have to worry about limits.. :)

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 12:40 PM
I have 144 merged into one .package file. And that's all I got.

I keep a folder containing all 144 of them separated, because when a mod updates I need to replace that individual file and then repackage.

calisims
29th Oct 2011, 12:41 PM
My no-memories mod wasn't updated. That was the problem.

*head-desk*

I am a fool. Everything's fine now.

There's a setting in master controller to turn off memories. No additional mod needed.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 1:04 PM
Hurr. I'll remember that next time I combine patches.

mimi250
29th Oct 2011, 3:06 PM
Thank you Becky, it seems that you're not a big user of cc like me :rofl: .. I've only reinstalled Sandy's items for the moment (aroundthesims) and have got more than 250 files yet.

Did someone test the "traveler" from Twallan? I've just installed it and I think it could give us a lot of fun in our legacy challenge, particulary for our single parents (so much potential partners in other towns :D ). But if someone has tested it, I'll be interested to have all her feedbacks

About travels, I know that from the beginning of this topic, players had been adviced to avoid travels because of glitches and above all the fact that travels increase save size. A few of us have had bad experiences with travelling too (Calisims for instance). But it seems that a lot of bugs have been solved with the last patchs and I've had another interesting information on the french main site: vacation neighboroods and the main neighborood run as different parts of the same process, so even if the save size is increased after a trip, it won't have any consequences on the stability of the game.

So, I think I'll try Twallan's traveller mod for my first single parent. My game works fine since I've recreated a new sims3 folder. No more lags or freezes. I hope my save won't corrupt again (fingers always crossed)

My new sim (her name: Dakota Singleton/ mixed single parent/ 5 childrens/ private investigator/ opportunist/ Fashion Diva/ pets: perfectionnist)

http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/screenshot-857.jpg (http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshot-857.php)

She has two dogs: Fox (female, doberman), and Merlin (male, I don't know the race)

http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/screenshot-1043.jpg (http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshot-1043.php)

The game installed her with only 16 days left in young adult stage, so I'll have to urge for the babies.

Question: Perfectionnist goal for pets talks about learning hunting but there is another thing a dog can learn: to sit. Does it mean that I don't have to learn my dogs sitting?

Question 2: my sim is in the first level of the career (private investigator) but for every mission she does, she earns 650 simoleons (???). It doesn't seem normal to me because it's written "25 simoleons per week" on her career report :| .. Bug or not, the beginning of this legacy is pretty easy. She had been able to buy a big lot with a little house and a lake for only 15.000 simeoleons.. But it seems to me that it's a bit too easy :D

calisims
29th Oct 2011, 3:34 PM
Mimi, I haven't played much with dogs, but my understanding is the tricks they learn, like sit, don't have skill challenges in the Skill tab the way hunting does. Perfectionist requires that you max one skill and complete the skill challenges that go with it. If the sit trick doesn't have skill challenges, it's not part of the perfectionist rule.

I still have naver playd the investigator career, but all the other Amb careers pay a weekly stipend, and you get paid for each job you do on top of that.

I haven't tried Traveler yet. The thing I am most concerned about is the large save file, it takes the game longer to load. But AP is a pretty small town, after I move my legacy there I may want to start traveling, lol.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 4:31 PM
I must be the only one who dislikes AP as a whole. The lighting seems pretty bad; like it's perpetual dusk or something.

Also something about the pool shaped like a dog bone makes me want to run away screaming.

I like animals, but I tend to hate "animal people". You know. People who think their precious widdle cuddwy fwuffy is more important than children, friends, any form of human life, etc. My second cousin's girlfriend insists on taking her misbehaving dog to every family event at what was once the place I lived; it's a constant annoyance in the kitchen, it's an ugly dog, it smells, and it DESTROYED several of my things, and the lady's response was "awww isn't that adorable."

When I was little my step-grandmother also once told me she loved things in this order: her god, her DOGS, then her husband, then her sons, then her stepdaughter (my mother), then the grandchildren.

I'm under a dog? Seriously?

I loved all the new combination lots though. And the pier. And the criminal "warehouse"... lol...

Buckley
29th Oct 2011, 4:58 PM
I know what you mean about the dog pool, lol. I also detest the cat shaped pond too, because it seems to cutesy. I am a complete animal nut, but my dogs would come after my family and friends. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but your step-grandmother seems either really insensitive or really thoughtless. I can't believe she'd put her dogs before her own children. That seems extreme.

The thing I love the most about AP is the terrain and the architectural consistency. The Midwestern style is beautiful, imo.

ReyaD
29th Oct 2011, 5:00 PM
Update!

1.3 - The Thief's Daughter: http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/13-thiefs-daughter.html

If I meet someone who puts their dog or cat ahead of their kids or their priorities conflict heavily with my own I tend to stop speaking with them. Frankly, they terrify me. I mean... if their toddler sat on the dog and hurt him would they yell at the baby? I can't understand the die-hard animal people.

calisims
29th Oct 2011, 5:10 PM
I love the terrain and architecture in AP, too. I've been thinking about bulldozing the giant dog & cat parks and deleting the giant lots to create two smaller parks. This would free up some space for bars & such. I moved the bookstore/spa rabbithole onto the same lot as the business/restaurant lot (it has a huge parking lot, so I reduced it from 12 parking spaces to six, making room for the extra rabbithole building. That freed up a 20x30ish space I used to place the playground park that came with the town life SP.
I've also been retrofitting some of the Riverview farms for placement in AP. The McDermott house, the Joy house and one called Sunnyside acres or something.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 5:14 PM
Now that I'm older, I'd skip "thoughtless" and "insensitive" and go straight for "terrible human being".

Because she's done worse than that, lol.

Anyway yes... there was a lot of thought put into AP, and if not for the lighting issue (is it only me?) I would consider just editing the parks to be less weird.

Edit: wow, neat idea. Putting some Riverview farms and such in sounds really neat.

<3 Riverview.

calisims
29th Oct 2011, 5:27 PM
Sadly, the barns in Riverview houses aren't wide enough on both stories to accommodate the the new barn doors. But the McDermott barn has open sides that horses can get through, so I was able to put a box stall in there.
On the Joy house and Sunny acres or whatever, I just kept the barns as garages. LOL, not every house has to have horse accommodations.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 5:34 PM
I don't think I'm going to add pet accommodations to very many Barnacle Bay houses. I don't really want a million new pets clogging up my game.

I also downloaded the less strays and less chance of unicorn mods. I don't know if those things can even spawn in Barnacle Bay yet, but... taking precautions.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 7:31 PM
Mildred made another gnome.

http://i.imgur.com/HnDrY.jpg

The material is so crap, I can't see his features any better than with the dark clay one. I'm considering giving myself the buydebug one. It would feel cheaty, but getting a good gnome or a gnome at all is so hard. D=

Edit: Chapter 42 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-42-oceans.html

CinderEmma
29th Oct 2011, 8:58 PM
Quick question, I know that you guys said I shouldn't change the age span after I decided on it, but I'm getting super bored with elders. Can I add a bit more for young adult and adult and take 5 or so days off the elderly? It wouldn't be to circumstance any challenge, as you can do the same things as an elder as you can in young adult and adult!

ReyaD
29th Oct 2011, 9:07 PM
I'd say change it if it's really bugging you, Emma.

NutsAndDolts
29th Oct 2011, 9:08 PM
I agree.

mimi250
29th Oct 2011, 9:41 PM
No problem for me, I think we could be allowed to change lifespans like we want (of course if it's in order to remove all difficulties in game, it won't be in the challenge "spirit" but add for a YA and remove for a elder has not real consequences

SimmingStarfish
30th Oct 2011, 12:25 AM
Any fixes for my stupid game that keeps freezing and plays then freezes then plays then CRASHES!
So annoying!
HELP!?

GigaRevival
30th Oct 2011, 12:44 AM
@Sophie: You *might* want to start a help thread for that here at MTS. It seems quite a few people here are experiencing issues for different reasons (for instance, it could be your system specs).

THIS (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:Intermittent%20Freezes) helped me out when I was having a similar issue (random freezes and lag).

If you post in the Help Thread, they are going to ask you to do THESE (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Game_Problem) steps first and also post your system spec's (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:System%20Specs).

Good luck. :)

Edit: I linked to everything, but the Help Thread (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551). Whoops.
It's good to look through there by the way, as there are quite a few threads that are already discussing possible reasons for crashing.

calisims
30th Oct 2011, 12:47 AM
Chapter 25 is up:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-25-outlaw.html

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 1:04 AM
Chapter 43 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-43-dream-another-day.html

I loaded AP again to check out things I probably missed on my first examination. It froze up two seconds into play, lol.

We're having a heavy snowstorm here in Pennsylvania. I'm afraid the power may go out. If you guys don't hear from me for a while, that's what happened.

SimmingStarfish
30th Oct 2011, 1:17 AM
@Sophie: You *might* want to start a help thread for that here at MTS. It seems quite a few people here are experiencing issues for different reasons (for instance, it could be your system specs).

THIS (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game%20Help:Intermittent%20Freezes) helped me out when I was having a similar issue (random freezes and lag).

If you post in the Help Thread, they are going to ask you to do THESE (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Game_Problem) steps first and also post your system spec's (http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:System%20Specs).

Good luck. :)

Edit: I linked to everything, but the Help Thread (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551). Whoops.
It's good to look through there by the way, as there are quite a few threads that are already discussing possible reasons for crashing.

Thank you very much! I'm deleting all my CC and putting all my store content back in (Every single item from the store! (got them of a very trusted torrent)).

I am also moving all my sims 3 onto my other local disk to free up some space because it said somewhere its reccomened to have lots of free space!

Buckley
30th Oct 2011, 1:27 AM
I loaded AP again to check out things I probably missed on my first examination. It froze up two seconds into play, lol.

We're having a heavy snowstorm here in Pennsylvania. I'm afraid the power may go out. If you guys don't hear from me for a while, that's what happened.Do you have any idea what happened? Now I'm nervous about moving my legacy there...

Also, snow in October?! Yikes! It's times like these when I'm grateful I live in Texas. :)

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 1:32 AM
I thought Texas was just hit by a snowstorm... or is the TV lying to me again? (Stupid TV...)

Omg Buckleeeey. Why do Ethan and Bea make such cute kids? Cynthia is a friggin adorable teen! I feel bad about the storyline I have planned for her now!

SimmingStarfish
30th Oct 2011, 1:37 AM
AP is a nice town but could do with an update to sort some bugs like with the horses being all demented sometimes and the pets sometimes look like there having a spaz attack!

Also Buckley {skipping pages back}
I LOVE YOUR PUPS/DOGS!
I'm more of an animal maker on sims then a sim maker, well i think any way! I made a very convincing version of my dog {who i a Labrador cross collie}
Might have a go at making your pups and yang the kitty if Cali would be ever so nice and post a full body pic ;)
I hope you don't mind me making them!

mimi250
30th Oct 2011, 1:40 AM
Hmmm, perfectionnist goal for Pets sounds to be very very painful.. I have it in Generation 1 and it's so hard... First, to achieve the skill challenges, every pet have to find 50 gems, 50 stones and 50 metals.. It's hard because each day, there are only a few stones displayed all around the town and the dogs have to spend all the day running around and digging to find these stones and metals.. and they always come back home in the night, depressed, exhausted and starved...

I think it would be better to focus on the skills only: learn to hunt and why not learn to sit.. and the skill challenges could be linked to a kind of " awesome goal" (we can create an awesome goal for pets too.. ). But it's not fun and very stressful to achieve this goal in only one short pet life

calisims
30th Oct 2011, 2:00 AM
Okay, mimi, maybe we should drop the perfectionist goal for Pets.

Sophie, I don't mind if you want to make a Sim version of Yang.
Here's a couple of pics of her my husband has in his photobucket:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/freebass/gtr/fc2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/freebass/gtr/fc3.jpg

Yang is a bit tubby. Okay, maybe a lot tubby, lol.

And here's one of her sister Yin. You can see the fur pattern better on her here. They look a lot alike. Except for the tubbiness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/freebass/Gallien%20Krueger%20MB200/GKyin.jpg

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 2:02 AM
I don't know what happened with the freeze/crash.

Now it happens every time I start sims. Weird. It was working last night.

Gonna try restarting.

CinderEmma
30th Oct 2011, 2:52 AM
Granger is tubbier XD Just saying, he's literally broken into the cupboards where we keep his food if he's "hungry" enough. I can't wait to make a sim Granger!
Thanks for the help guys, I'm glad I can do it. I mean, the elders sometimes live forever anyway, so it's not like I won't have enough material if I cut it down :)
And I love the updates. My update is mocking me, and I'm too stressed by stupid math anxiety problems right now to do much productive stuff.

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 2:59 AM
I was playing fine last night on an alternate save, but today the game crashes within a few seconds of unpausing gameplay. It also crashes in brand new games, without any CC. Within a few seconds. v.v

CinderEmma
30th Oct 2011, 3:01 AM
That's not good!
Maybe the Help section can help (if we can't)?

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 3:04 AM
Sounds like a computer problem rather than a game problem. This may sound like a dumb suggestion but... have you tried restarting your computer?

CinderEmma
30th Oct 2011, 3:06 AM
I don't think it could hurt Cece, not that dumb of an idea for sure. I've definitely had computer (not necessarily sim stuff though) problems be solved with a restart.

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 3:22 AM
Now it happens every time I start sims. Weird. It was working last night.

Gonna try restarting.

Yep. xD I restarted. More than once.

It may be a DEP thing. Trying that now.

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 3:28 AM
Sorry! I skipped over that part ><. Bluh. Brain not working today.

Whatever the problem is good luck figuring it out. I want more Arjun! <3

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 3:44 AM
Double poooooost!

In game, Malinda's almost a YA.

Buffered chapters: 4 written and pre-posted.

I should really either make my chapters longer or post more often.

1.4 - Playmates http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/14-playmates.html

EDIT: Also I put up some more photos in the outtakes.

http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/p/outtakes.html

moryrie
30th Oct 2011, 4:09 AM
Yang is really adorable. <3

Random question: For mixed single parent do 'time machine clone' and 'clone voucher' count as separate?

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 4:18 AM
Clones count as biological children, so you'd still need to adopt one. Hope that helps.

DEP was indeed causing my crashes upon starting the game. Now I have resolved that, and played my legacy family for a few minutes. I had a random freeze shortly after Thalia brought her child home, though. I don't know if it's one of those things that would be resolved by moving, or what. More testing required.

My boyfriend was fiddling with DEP earlier, but he yelled at me pretty loudly when I suggested that might have possibly affected sims. v.v

CinderEmma
30th Oct 2011, 7:11 AM
I got good news on the computer front and scary news. Good news, mom will pay for the computer for sure, I may or may not contribute my $175 depending on if Mom decides its my Christmas gift or not.
Scary news is, mom wants the computer to be a surprise. I don't like surprises, especially with computer stuff. She's trying to reassure me that my sister will be there to help, but she's not as good about the computer parts as she is working with computer programs and stuff. And even there I excel her in some spots. I just tend to freeze when people watch/expect from me, so I look more incompetent with them. Plus I say thingy a lot, even when I know the word, which doesn't help XD
Anyway, I made a board trying to see if I can get some people to help me explain to her (and my sister and I) what we should look for in a new (well, refurbished) computer. But I felt like ranting here, in the hopes that somebody will understand the anxiety I'm feeling about leaving this whole thing to my mom, who struggles with using Microsoft Word. *shakes head* I love my mom, and she's not stupid, she's just easily impressionable with computer talk. It's shiny and looks good, she'll buy XD My sister helps, but still, I think I would do better if I was there. *hmph* Though at least she's a good bargain shopper, I do love that :)

GigaRevival
30th Oct 2011, 7:13 AM
Oooookay... since everyone else is doing this, I thought I would do the same. I created a few families (and took some of my favorite legacy characters) and placed them in the new town for the Harris'. It's a few chapters away before they actually move, but here's a short intro/background for the few families I moved over:

http://harrislegacy.blogspot.com/p/meadow-glen-families.html
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right? Right?! ;)

Now I should get on actually getting to the point where they move. :faceslap:

CinderEmma
30th Oct 2011, 7:22 AM
I know, I can't wait to start playing again, I have quite a bit before Irish/Kipp (and probably Isadora and Calloway) move! They'll probably be 1/4 through young adult before I decide to move them, though maybe a bit earlier if glitches come back earlier then expected.

GigaRevival
30th Oct 2011, 7:25 AM
I am unfortunately getting some major lag in Anne Arbor so I don't have a choice. I love Anne Arbor too. Poo. Oh well, fresh starts are always fun... or something.

That's exciting about your computer Emma. It will be nice to get a new one, so you can sim and such. That's all you do with a computer right? There's no need for that other useless mumbo-jumbo that takes up hard drive space.

Edit: I've had this happen before, but it never ceases to be hilarious. Uther pranked the computers in the library and then proceeded to use ALL of the computers he just booby-trapped. So now he has a negative moodlet that lasts three sim days or some nonsense like that. :wtf: Stoopid simz prankin' themselves.

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 8:09 AM
AHAHA xD Giga that killed me. I love it when sims do dumb stuff like that. Teen Jakelene was skipping school once and then autonomously went to the same lot Arthur was at. It's like... do you WANT to get in trouble, hunny?

And thank you for including Marie and Angel in your new town <3. Maybe this time Marie can actually have and raise a child without having to worry about a hundred different things. Can't wait for more of your updates.

mimi250
30th Oct 2011, 8:29 AM
Clones count as biological children, so you'd still need to adopt one. Hope that helps.

DEP was indeed causing my crashes upon starting the game. Now I have resolved that, and played my legacy family for a few minutes. I had a random freeze shortly after Thalia brought her child home, though. I don't know if it's one of those things that would be resolved by moving, or what. More testing required.

In most of the cases, playing a new EP with an old save is not a good idea. A lot of players have to move or start a new neighborood because of the issues they have with all the new features.

I hope you won't have to move, but you'll probably have to do it..

Thank you calisims, could you edit the challenge rules?

GigaRevival
30th Oct 2011, 8:31 AM
@ Cece: Oh Marie and Angel will be playing a role in the current generation (if everything goes according to plan), especially regarding their past with vampires. I don't have it entirely hashed out yet, but they'll be in there. Also, the last time I checked the Starr's were already expanding (Marie and Angel sure work fast don't they?).

Also, that picture of Sybil exercising was hilarious. She was a lazy bum in the Dennis Legacy... nice to see she is doing something productive besides popping out children and complaining endlessly about it. *shakes head*

Update: Beatrix and Foster are apparently dating/hooking up, but Foster has already been with two women since I played so I don't know how long that will last. :lol:

teal_moonshine
30th Oct 2011, 8:39 AM
Just for laughs, while I was playing around and making my Greek sim Cronus, I put all the sims I had downloaded from you guys into a neighbourhood so I could play when I got frustrated lol. Pia Starr has a daughter with her girlfriend, I think Foster Enmity is dating/possibly married because of a whoopsie and Pavel Archer had a kid (he was pregnant because his eventual wife was an elder)... Loose bunch...

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 8:44 AM
YES! BABIES! <3

Hayley is carrying their second child, so Sybil should be happy this time around. I THINK they had a boy but I can't quite recall. Eh, (s)he'll probably end up in the story sooner or later. Currently Hayley and Sybil are neighbors to my family. (I SWEAR Sybil is stalking them. The house next to the Sabos was empty when they bought it, and later that night Aarun got an invitation to Sybil's party... next door. It freaked me out a bit. And Crissy just aged up into a teen. I need to change her hair but she's really adorable feature wise.

*Snerk* Oh Foster... I love him. He never fails to amuse. (Resist, Bea! Resist! I know its hard, but try!) ... then again, he does make good babies if I recall correctly.

GigaRevival
30th Oct 2011, 8:49 AM
Goodness. I'm seriously having a laugh over how creepy Ms. Sybil is being. She was certainly a stalker when I played with her, but she has upped the ante since then I guess.

Foster is hilarious. He managed to break up one marriage and *I believe* has already had a kid, but I can't remember. It looks like Foster-spawn will be overtaking Meadow Glen if he has anything to say about it. Not that I mind, necessarily.

AJH
30th Oct 2011, 10:11 AM
Yin & Yang are both very cute kitties

I miss my cats (they're actually my parents' cats & I don't live at home any more but they still feel like my cats) they're both very large black cats, Smokey especially is enormous (but not really fat) picture below is of him laying on my parents' bed!

SimmingStarfish
30th Oct 2011, 10:51 AM

Sophie, I don't mind if you want to make a Sim version of Yang.
Here's a couple of pics of her my husband has in his photobucket:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/freebass/gtr/fc2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/freebass/gtr/fc3.jpg

Yang is a bit tubby. Okay, maybe a lot tubby, lol.

And here's one of her sister Yin. You can see the fur pattern better on her here. They look a lot alike. Except for the tubbiness.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/freebass/Gallien%20Krueger%20MB200/GKyin.jpg

Thanks such a nice cats btw! beautiful!

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 11:57 AM
Sorry about your mom pulling that on you, CE. ='(

GigaRevival
30th Oct 2011, 12:38 PM
Because I'm really proud of how she turned out, here is a spoiler of Harper as a YA. I couldn't help myself.

Uther creeping in the background.http://i.imgur.com/1rQlg.jpg

Aaaaanyway, I'm about 3/4th's done with the next Chapter and about halfway through the last Chapter before the move to Meadow Glen. PROGRESS!

Edit: Welp... it's official. Foster has two illegitimate children already. That man, I swear.

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 1:31 PM
Having a new glitch. Babies can't be placed in cribs. The adult puts them in the crib, then they're stuck on the adult's hand for a second, then the babyjoint vanishes. >.>

The baby's plumbob appears over the crib, but in a strange place.

calisims
30th Oct 2011, 1:33 PM
Giga, I love that you named Alistair's son Duncan. Because you know he totally would do that. <3
And I love hearing about Foster's hijinks. You count on him to fill your town with little bastards, lol.

Ali, Smokey is gorgeous!

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 1:39 PM
Hmm... normal EA crib works. My CC cribs are borked. I'm gonna try the rigfix on them.

I'm sloooowly finding other pieces of CC that are borked, such as end tables.

calisims
30th Oct 2011, 1:39 PM
Having a new glitch. Babies can't be placed in cribs. The adult puts them in the crib, then they're stuck on the adult's hand for a second, then the babyjoint vanishes. >.>

The baby's plumbob appears over the crib, but in a strange place.

is it a custom crib?
I've seen reports of this glitch, but I don't remember where.
I haven't had any problems placing babies in base game and store cribs.

GigaRevival
30th Oct 2011, 1:50 PM
Giga, I love that you named Alistair's son Duncan. Because you know he totally would do that. <3
And I love hearing about Foster's hijinks. You count on him to fill your town with little bastards, lol.

Ha... I thought it would have been cute for him to be named Duncan. It was either that or Cailan, but ya' know; Duncan is better.

And Foster certainly got a good start. I didn't think he would be as rake'ish as I was hoping he would be; but he has exceeded my expectations so far (in a good way). Foster-spawns galore in Meadow Glen!

mimi250
30th Oct 2011, 1:56 PM
is it a custom crib?
I've seen reports of this glitch, but I don't remember where.
I haven't had any problems placing babies in base game and store cribs.

I agree. It's better to avoid custom cribs and custom beds during a moment. They are hard to fix, and it'll be a long time before all the creators rework their beds and cribs and upload them on their site. I've removed all my custom beds and cribs too

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 2:34 PM
I used the rig fix on the Little Sister Crib. It works fine now.

Buckley
30th Oct 2011, 5:21 PM
Also Buckley {skipping pages back}
I LOVE YOUR PUPS/DOGS!
I'm more of an animal maker on sims then a sim maker, well i think any way! I made a very convincing version of my dog {who i a Labrador cross collie}
Might have a go at making your pups and yang the kitty if Cali would be ever so nice and post a full body pic ;)
I hope you don't mind me making them!Aww thanks Sophie! I would love to see a Sim version of my pup(s), if you wanted to take the time. :)

Melissa, Yang is awesome. I just love tubby kitties. If Sophie makes a Yang cat and uploads it here, I may just have to steal her and add her to my town.

Ali, your kitty is beautiful! All these cat pictures are making me want to get a cat...

As for the Perfectionist goal, I don't know if this would be plausible or not, but what if we change it to only completing one of the skill challenges and maxing the skill? Again, I haven't actually played with an animal yet, so I don't know if that would make it any better or not. Just thought I'd throw that out there for consideration.

Honestly though, when my family gets a pet, I'm probably not going to play with the new pet-only rules. Cause I want to decide how my pets spend their time. And more goals will probably just stress me out, lol.

calisims
30th Oct 2011, 5:49 PM
I like that idea for the perfectionist goal, Colleen, that might be less stressful than trying for all of them.
For now I guess we can consider the pet goals as in testing, and no one should feel stressed about completing them. When I get my legacy moved to AP (still working on the house) I'll go ahead and voluntarily try out the cat perfectionist goal, just to see if I can do it, and how long it takes.

SimmingStarfish
30th Oct 2011, 6:10 PM
An idea for the perfectionist Goal!

Say like u have 2 dogs you could say you have to make 1 perfectionist
3 dogs = 1
4 = 2
5 = 2
6 = 3
7 = 3
8 = 4

only an idea or may not them numbers but something along the lines of that!
Just an idea to make it a bit easier

SimmingStarfish
30th Oct 2011, 6:15 PM
Aww thanks Sophie! I would love to see a Sim version of my pup(s), if you wanted to take the time. :)

Melissa, Yang is awesome. I just love tubby kitties. If Sophie makes a Yang cat and uploads it here, I may just have to steal her and add her to my town.

Ali, your kitty is beautiful! All these cat pictures are making me want to get a cat...

As for the Perfectionist goal, I don't know if this would be plausible or not, but what if we change it to only completing one of the skill challenges and maxing the skill? Again, I haven't actually played with an animal yet, so I don't know if that would make it any better or not. Just thought I'd throw that out there for consideration.

Honestly though, when my family gets a pet, I'm probably not going to play with the new pet-only rules. Cause I want to decide how my pets spend their time. And more goals will probably just stress me out, lol.

:) I'd be happy to post them here after I've made them! But only if I knew how... Help? :duck:

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 7:15 PM
My legacy game is up and running again for now. Haven't had a freeze or crash in a while.

For a while I was considering having to move the family, so I downloaded Redwood Harbor. It's very lovely. I played Cricket and Jada (from Melissa's last legacy) there with a little sheltie for about ten minutes. The dog promptly dragged her toys behind the house, into the ocean where I could no longer retrieve them. Lulz. Also the ice cream truck showed up and Jada had some ice cream. EXCITING.

I'll need to find a way to disable the fog if I'm to play in that town, unfortunately. I don't even know if I can. I think the creator used fog emitter effects to create the waterfalls, but I couldn't find the emitters. And fog is everywhere.

Here are some pics of Cricket and his dog in Redwood Harbor:

http://i.imgur.com/OjAHG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/s5w0Q.jpg

The place looks a lot like areas my grandparents took me to when I was small, so it brings back the warm fuzzies, despite the lag.

Luckily my legacy has been behaving, and I don't think I'll have to move.

mimi250
30th Oct 2011, 7:37 PM
Your screenshots are very nice, NutsandDolts :up: ...I've searched and found redwood harbour on Simsreality (is it the one you have?) I was looking for a neighborood for my sim's first vacations with Twalla's traveler mod. And this neighborood seems nice for it.. :lovestruc

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 7:39 PM
If it's behaving can you upload River and Nick for me? They'd fix a huge plot gap for me but I need them before I can play again.

<3 I'd appreciate it ever so much.

AlmaDelCore20
30th Oct 2011, 8:29 PM
Oh my gosh, life is a nightmare lately, haha. I'm so behind on reading legacies. But I DO have a new chapter for you today!

http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-9-mistakes-and-chances-anew.html

This one's got a little more suggestive content in it than the others, so if you are very sensitive to that then tread lightly, I guess? Just wiping myself clean of blame before anyone possibly gets upset. xD It's really not that bad.

NutsAndDolts
30th Oct 2011, 8:31 PM
Yeah Mimi, that's the one. =)

Your plot ideas often scare me, Cece, but here's Nick and River. They had twin girls in my game.

ReyaD
30th Oct 2011, 8:38 PM
Yay twins! <3

Don't worry, Nuts. The story line is more just the fact that they moved INTO the town. I won't make them suffer and I'll let them live their own lives. (But no promises Michael Mason won't break them up. He's already broken two marriages and had 4 kids by 4 different mothers. He's giving Foster a run for his money... but isn't nearly as hot)

CinderEmma
30th Oct 2011, 9:16 PM
Mom isn't bad or anything, she's just into "surprises", which bug the heck out of the Autistic and the control freak part of me. I'm going to talk to her, see if I can convince her that I need to be involved. Not sure how successful I'll be, but I'll try.

Cricket's dog is SOOOO cute *squeals* Looks so much like a baby collie :)

SimmingStarfish
30th Oct 2011, 10:14 PM
Say stuff like; ' I don't want you to end up wasting your money on stuff that aren't good enough!'

CinderEmma
30th Oct 2011, 10:46 PM
She's agreed, for now, but I know she's going to talk to my sister before giving me a for sure answer. Much better then before :)
Bah, I can't concentrate on my legacy, too anxious about math stuff.

teal_moonshine
31st Oct 2011, 1:37 AM
Just a quick update on Cronus. I think I'm as happy as I can be with him, I need outside perspectives lol

ReyaD
31st Oct 2011, 1:55 AM
I like! You did a great job on him, Teal.

1.5 : Criminal http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/15-criminal.html

Outtakes have been updated as well. http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/p/outtakes.html

LadyAwesome
31st Oct 2011, 2:26 AM
Oh yay teal, you have your game back YAY.
So I spent today catching up on starr and archer, and something else *mind black* Make me feel so much better after wanted to kill myself over losing/finding everything but my cc worlds hate importing stuffs and blaaaaa

Was nice to relax and get back to the stories :D

And pop in and see what you cool kids are up to. I am so slack hahaha

CinderEmma
31st Oct 2011, 3:04 AM
*sigh* Two chapters in a month, I'm lame. But hopefully you guys like it :) It makes the events of last chapter a little less sudden.

www.marlinlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-forty-two-visionary.html

teal_moonshine
31st Oct 2011, 3:07 AM
Thanks!!

Once I had Cronus and Rhea, the 6 Gods everyone knows were easy, I just 'played with genetics'. They don't look exactly how they will in game, but that's only because I won't be playing with them until I have my own computer... But anyway, here's the rest...
Rhea will be an elder in game though, and the rest are in order of age

Buckley
31st Oct 2011, 3:10 AM
Glad you're still with us Lady Awesome. :) I need to catch up on updates too.

So I was working on Appaloosa Plains today, and I got to thinking about my legacy. I think the reason I haven't been updating lately is cause I haven't really wanted to play it. I planned out this (somewhat complicated) story line for why my heir would become a thief even though his family is super wealthy already, and I'm dreading playing it through. So, even though he's only a child right now, I'm considering aging him to YA and moving him to AP by himself, with only as much money as a starter family. I would still keep the same blog and all, but my story would jump (a lot) and all the old characters and stuff would be gone.

But I'm not sure yet. Cause I liked some parts of my story, and I liked my generation 2 heir. And I wouldn't be able to move in to Melissa's beautiful house for a while, which would make me sad. I just wanted to let y'all know what I am thinking about, so it wouldn't be completely out of left field if I decide to do that. (Also: Melissa, I swear I will move into your wonderful house soon. I hope you're not upset that I haven't used it yet. It's not because I don't like it, because I really do love it. :))

EDIT: OMG Teal! They're beautiful! I love Zeus. :lovestruc Probably cause I know he's such a player. (I always go for the wrong guys, lol.)

EDIT 2: Are you gonna have Zeus and Hera be married? I'm just curious how you're handling the whole incest issue, hah.

CinderEmma
31st Oct 2011, 3:17 AM
Since I'm tempted to do the same thing, I can understand why you would want to do that. But maybe you could make a Depression happen or some big tragedy that costs most of the fortune happen. Or just make him a Klepto XD

ReyaD
31st Oct 2011, 3:22 AM
Poseidon is my favourite looks wise. He really looks like the statues that depict him.

EDIT: Buckley if you're really having troubles with it just move the heir... but personally I wish you don't. I'm really enjoying Ryder's story and I want to know what happens with him and the child who should have been named Fabio.

CinderEmma
31st Oct 2011, 3:31 AM
*pokes people*
Alright, I laboured over my chapter and I'm cranky. I love Teal's sims too, but Irish and co wants some attention! Please?

Does anybody have a really hard time with writing relationship types they haven't experienced? I'm struggling with Irish and Tyson, as it makes me long for my father, who's a cruel manipulative bastard who shouldn't ever be near children. Not long for him the way he is, but the way regular fathers are (like Tyson).

teal_moonshine
31st Oct 2011, 3:42 AM
Poseidon has dark blue highlights, with dark green tips too... I love him... They're all quite beefy too.

And Buckley, the way I'm going around the incest thing, because he's supposed to be married to Hera and had children with his other sister Demeter, what I'm doing is, using another saved sim of Hera (with some slight changes) to marry Zeus, and a saved version of Zeus to marry Demeter. So same genetic fodder without the messy incest deal.

And sorry for taking away the spotlight from Irish and Co. I didn't mean to.

CinderEmma
31st Oct 2011, 3:44 AM
It's alright, I just planned the update just when things were calm and I could get comments, then BOOM, Zeus and co take away from Irish and co XD

NutsAndDolts
31st Oct 2011, 3:45 AM
*pokes CE back*

*pets cat avatar*

Zeus is gonna change out of those overalls, right?

NutsAndDolts
31st Oct 2011, 3:47 AM
Also I was really enjoying the story with Ryder. I always feel sad when the author abandons a sim before their story feels complete.

CinderEmma
31st Oct 2011, 3:49 AM
*pokes back with a smile. And a stick*

Thanks for the review, I just get really insecure when I don't get a comment right away, like "OMG I'M SUCH A HORRIBLE WRITER THAT YOU HATE IT ALL"

NutsAndDolts
31st Oct 2011, 3:58 AM
='( Never.

ReyaD
31st Oct 2011, 4:07 AM
Aaargh. River and Nick's clones aren't working... Like they show up in my options but then it doesn't recognize them as a character when I try to click on the clone.

EDIT: Would it be possible for you to just put up their household as a .pack file? I think they're both corrupted because I tried to add them into the game anyway and they forced my game to crash.

EDIT 2: Even with the twins. I promise I won't showcase them in game until you have. I just REALLY want Archer genetics in my town (especially since Arthur seems to have become a monk. He's flirted with one girl and that is IT for him romantically! You're kill me, Arthur!)

teal_moonshine
31st Oct 2011, 4:22 AM
Zeus will definitely be changed out of overalls... Perhaps nude, having 12 kids kinda makes one think he's happiest in his birthday suit...

ReyaD
31st Oct 2011, 4:25 AM
He's had waaaay more than 12 kids. At least in the stories I've read.

Buckley
31st Oct 2011, 4:45 AM
Also I was really enjoying the story with Ryder. I always feel sad when the author abandons a sim before their story feels complete.Oh Becky. You always know just the right thing to say. <3 I won't abandon Ryder, or his story, cause you have a point. Damn it. :)

Giga: I just briefly glanced at your Meadow Glen families page, and I LOVE the outfit you put Beatrix in. Is it just me, or does she totally kill the overalls look? I think it's her hair that makes the outfit. Lol. Thanks for adding her and Skylar to your neighborhood. That made my night.

GigaRevival
31st Oct 2011, 4:50 AM
Giga: I just briefly glanced at your Meadow Glen families page, and I LOVE the outfit you put Beatrix in. Is it just me, or does she totally kill the overalls look? I think it's her hair that makes the outfit. Lol. Thanks for adding her and Skylar to your neighborhood. That made my night.

Beatrix always came off to me as a savvy dresser, but she leaned more toward the retro/antique'y style so I put her in *almost* flapper-like wear. I thought she looked gorgeous with the 30's 'do!
I already said this a while back, but Bea and Foster Enmity had a thing going there for a while, but it has since passed apparently. I'm currently waiting for Twallan's SP to move in some new families so I can get her and a few others set up appropriately. MOAR BABIES PLZ! ;) I'm glad it made your night.

Edit: My Pages on Blogger keep switching between allowing comments and not allowing them. Does anyone know why this is happening? (I definitely don't have them enabled). I have a feeling blogger is just effin' with me again.

LadyAwesome
31st Oct 2011, 4:59 AM
Buckley I think you should just make new sims for AP and play in there for a bit in between your legacy - until you have a chance for it to feel right to move your whole family there, so your not aborting them all.

teal_moonshine
31st Oct 2011, 5:07 AM
He's had waaaay more than 12 kids. At least in the stories I've read.

Yeah it was a lot more than 12, which included Helen of Troy, Minos the King of Crete, the Muses and the Graces, but anymore than the 12 well known gods/demigods and I'd have a town full of only Greek mythology... The town wouldn't last long lol

NutsAndDolts
31st Oct 2011, 12:30 PM
Wow... sorry River and Nick crashed your game. =(

I'm not sure how to make .pack files. o.o

calisims
31st Oct 2011, 12:47 PM
Glad you're still with us Lady Awesome. :) I need to catch up on updates too.

So I was working on Appaloosa Plains today, and I got to thinking about my legacy. I think the reason I haven't been updating lately is cause I haven't really wanted to play it. I planned out this (somewhat complicated) story line for why my heir would become a thief even though his family is super wealthy already, and I'm dreading playing it through. So, even though he's only a child right now, I'm considering aging him to YA and moving him to AP by himself, with only as much money as a starter family. I would still keep the same blog and all, but my story would jump (a lot) and all the old characters and stuff would be gone.

But I'm not sure yet. Cause I liked some parts of my story, and I liked my generation 2 heir. And I wouldn't be able to move in to Melissa's beautiful house for a while, which would make me sad. I just wanted to let y'all know what I am thinking about, so it wouldn't be completely out of left field if I decide to do that. (Also: Melissa, I swear I will move into your wonderful house soon. I hope you're not upset that I haven't used it yet. It's not because I don't like it, because I really do love it. :))

I'm not upset about the house, don't feel rushed to move into it.
I would also miss Ryder if you decide to skip ahead on your legacy, but you have to do what you have to do.

About fixing up AP, I ended up bulldozing both the cat and dog parks. I also deleted the empty lot the dog park had sat on, and in edit world added 3 empty lots, 2 20x30s and a 20x40. I plopped down the 20x30 cat and dog parks in the bin (they both kind of suck, lol, but I don't know how much use I'd get out of either anyway. And they don't have cat shaped ponds or bone fountains.) On the 20x40 I plopped down a bar I found here on MTS, it was made for Riverview, in a big red barn, so it fits into this town's theme very nicely.
When I tried deleting the giant space where the cat park used to be, the game wouldn't let me place any smaller lots. (When you muck around with deleting lots, always do it in a spare copy of the world, because you might not be able to replace lots you delete forever). So what I ended up doing with the space is I took the Remington's Ruse house from Riverview and turned it into a 'hotel' with a bar lounge.
Anyway, just a couple of ideas.

Buckley
31st Oct 2011, 2:31 PM
Thanks for the ideas Melissa! I always thought it was funny that they had a "cat park". That would never work in real life, lol. But I guess it's the Sims, so it's not strictly bound by "reality". Hah.

How much work was involved in converting the Remington Ruse house? I know exactly which one you're talking about (the giant mansion on the hill, right?), but I've never played in it so I'm not familiar with the interior. Was there a lot of structural stuff? I can redecorate okay, but roofs and walls and layouts give me fits.

And lol at the red barn. I already downloaded it and added it, but in a different lot. Great minds... ;)

So are you only going with those three bars (the two you mentioned plus the one that ships with AP)? Also, are you adding a film backlot? I probably wouldn't if Ryder wasn't employed as an actor. I downloaded the 40x40 backlot from here MTS and placed it on the 40x50 lot by downtown. It had a house on it with a couple living there (I can't remember their names, but they have three baby animals), but I moved them to the empty 40x50 lot in the hills next to all the rich people's houses. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it that way though. Would I be allowed to re-roll Ryder's career if I remove the backlot from AP?

Sorry for all the questions! One more: Did you add houses to the empty lots? I already populated the pre-existing houses with beds and cribs, but I haven't added any more structures yet. I want to keep the architectural style similar, and I haven't yet had time to scour the uploads section for ranches and Midwestern style houses. If you did add more housing, did you build them or download them? (And thanks again for the tips! :))

NutsAndDolts
31st Oct 2011, 2:43 PM
Chapter 44 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-44-scarlett.html

Generation 5 arrives. I forgot to mention the roll for it. Oh well. Wait for next time.

calisims
31st Oct 2011, 3:36 PM
Revamping the Remington house did take some work. I didn't change the exterior at all, but the interior is kind of a mess. I think it was based on the Winchester Mystery house in San Jose, because it has a lot of secret room and stairs to nowhere. It must be a nightmare to play.
But what I did was remove the stairs to nowhere, cover the giant hole n the floor with floor tiles, an removed excess walls, getting rid of secret rooms. I put a bar in the main hallway and put a dance floor and band instruments where the kitchen used to be. I'm using the bedrooms on the second floor as 'hotel rooms'. Sims won't stay there or anything, but your Sims can use those rooms for woohoo if they need to do that away from home for some reason. *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*
I'll try to post pictures later so you can see what I did. The lot is originally 40x40, and I placed it on the cat park lot whch is like 62x62 or something. So it made extra room on the grounds. I added trees, a small parking area, and two gnubb sets on the back lawn.
If you bulldoze the cat park, make sure to turn on buydebug when you enter that lot. Bulldozing removes everything except spawners, and the cat park hastwo fish spawners in that pond. So, unless you put another pond in there, you'll need to delete the fish spawners, or have fishes swimming in the grass there.

And yeah, I'm just having the three bars in AP. I did download a small dance club and sports bar by Daluved that wouldn't look to bad in AP, and they are both really tiny 10x15 type lots. But I haven't decided if I want to play them yet.
I'm not adding the film lot (and I've banned celebrities and paparrazzi), so I won't be doing the film careers here. I think it would fine for you to reroll Ryder's career if you don't want to add that lot to your town.

I've added a few houses to the empty lots. And I've bulldozed a few one bedroom houses and replaced them. Mostly in cases where they've built starters for people wanting to do horses. So, tiny one bedroom houses on huge lots with big fields for horses. I've been using lots I've taken from Riverview and retrofit for pets (also, adding more beds & cribs to them).
I built Tearney's house myself just for the neighborhood. I just moved them in yesterday, and I love my new house. I built on a 30x40, across from the Marshall family (the ones with the kitten, puppy and foal, their bio says they've been having trouble having a baby. And they have one of the only houses with a crib. Whereas there are like 5 pregnant Sims that ship with this town that don't have cribs, lol)
I have some of my houses I've built in the past that will work in this neighborhood, so I'm planning to drop a few of them in, too.

ReyaD
31st Oct 2011, 4:56 PM
Oh man Cali, you make my town editing seem lazy XD. All I did for Neverglade was add lots, bulldoze and add a 60 X 60 in the mansion area for the backlot. And plop in some cheap housing.

Although now I may need to replace the school, diner and town hall. The school because prom no longer appears, the diner and town hall because it won't let Aarun stakeout. But I only rolled P.I. once so maybe I'll let it slide.

AlmaDelCore20
31st Oct 2011, 6:28 PM
I'm getting really nervous about Rhiannon completing her LTW. xD Having 4 kids AND trying to get to the top of your career path before you die is just asdfghjkl. SO MANY MATERNITY DAYS.

Also, ugaiz, NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow, so if my updates are sparse during November I apologize. xD I won't even have a buffer anymore after I post the next two chapters. One's coming up in a few minutes, so get ready. 8B

calisims
31st Oct 2011, 6:33 PM
Alma, you can use Master Controller to take away maternity days and other forced days off.

AlmaDelCore20
31st Oct 2011, 6:40 PM
...well, that'll certainly come in handy for Gen 2's Single Parent 4 Kid roll. xD I had no idea. Awesome.

Also, Chapter 10~!

http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-10-unexpected-visitors.html

If you're sensitive to swearing, you might want to avoid it. It's slight, but still.

AJH
31st Oct 2011, 9:12 PM
Alma, you can use Master Controller to take away maternity days and other forced days off.
There's also an option in Story Progression for how many maternity days sims should get (which then gets adjusted according to traits apparently) although I don't know whether that affects the active household or not

However, I have an update:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/chapter-nineteen.html

I had to resist spamming the chapter with cute kitten photos :blush:

Buckley
31st Oct 2011, 9:35 PM
I feel horrible admitting this, but I haven't actually played my legacy save since before I installed Pets. I pulled it up today, and guess what? Lag. The worst I've ever had. And freezes. I don't know what is wrong. It was tolerable before Pets. Appaloosa Plains is fine, and when I play in a new save of Anne Arbor there is no lag. But in my legacy it freezes all-the-time! I mean, I can't go for more than five minutes (Sim time) without a freeze.

...Which sort of forces my hand. I was going to play a bit more in Anne Arbor (to try and finish Ryder's story) and then move Elijah by himself as a young adult to Appaloosa Plains and start him off like a founder (no money, skills, etc). But it looks like I'm not going to be able to finish Ryder's story. Which makes me sad. :(

EDIT: How does the expansion gift work? If I wanted to change Elijah's generation secondary income from job hopper to Equestrian career, I could?

CinderEmma
31st Oct 2011, 9:37 PM
Can you speed up the story? You'll be surprised how few screenshots you really need to get a scene done if you can't add more. I'm stretching the few pictures I have pre-Pets meltdown a loooong way :)

GigaRevival
31st Oct 2011, 9:38 PM
@Buckley: I experienced the same in Anne Arbor; that's why Harper is a-movin'.

I'm sorry to hear that about Ryder though. I love his story and I'm sad to see it end so abruptly. :( But ya' gotta' do, what ya' gotta' do.

NutsAndDolts
31st Oct 2011, 9:46 PM
Buckley, what about having Carmen insist that everyone move to a new town, for career purposes? And getting away from Jane purposes?

Don't let me guilt you into finishing Ryder's generation if you really don't want to, though.

Man, I'm going to miss his insane friend. =(

calisims
31st Oct 2011, 9:51 PM
Yeah, Jedidiah was awesome. lol.
For the expansion gift, you can just switch the career of either heir or spouse to one of the new ones. So yeah, Elijah's spouse could have the equestrian career.
I'm sorry about your lag issues. I know how it feels, my legacy became unplayable as well.

Ali, that story progression setting for maternity days doesn't work on your active Sim.

AJH
31st Oct 2011, 9:54 PM
Ali, that story progression setting for maternity days doesn't work on your active Sim.
I had a suspicion it wouldn't but I only found it yesterday when I was playing around with my SP settings

ReyaD
31st Oct 2011, 10:04 PM
Breaking my heart Buckley... but don't let us guilt you into something. I know how frustrating lag can be, and it seems like the pets-lag everyone's been getting is way worse than what I ever had to go through. Best of luck <3.

I have an update.

1.6 - The Red Bandit http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/16-red-bandit.html

EDIT: Outtakes have also been updated.

CyyKosis
31st Oct 2011, 11:52 PM
Haven't been around much this past weekend... I've been mad at my game. It crashes quite randomly, and it isn't due to elder deer/raccoon so I'm going back to trying it out on my desktop. So far installed half the expansions! :) I'll read/comment on your updates when I have the chance, I promise!

AlmaDelCore20
1st Nov 2011, 12:41 AM
Uuuuuuuurgh, one of my best friends got in a horrible car accident tonight that totaled his car and he nearly had to go to the hospital from it all. I'm freaking out and am nearly sick with worry...which means, of course, this is the PERFECT night for me to have a required concert to perform in that I need to start getting ready for. OTL I could sob.

ReyaD
1st Nov 2011, 1:00 AM
A couple years ago my (now ex) boyfriend was in a car crash that flipped over and fell off the highway. He was the only one that didn't need hospitalization. I understand exactly what you're going through. It's scary and stressful, but you just need to focus on the fact that he is alright, and how lucky he is.

But if you just want to screw logic and have hugs I'll oblige to that as well. *Big hugs*

CyyKosis
1st Nov 2011, 2:02 AM
Oh no! That has got to be so stressful :( *Hugs* from me as well

NutsAndDolts
1st Nov 2011, 2:41 AM
=( I hope everything will be ok...

CinderEmma
1st Nov 2011, 2:44 AM
I'm just agreeing with everything everybody else is saying, I can only just give a huge virtual hug and be pleased that your best friend made it out without significant injury!
*squeezes you with the awesomest virtual hug ever*

CinderEmma
1st Nov 2011, 4:03 AM
Alright, a quick note before I go to SLEEP.
I need you guys to give some approximate dates you'll want my last three chapters. It'll be spread out between now and Christmas (as that's when I believe I'm getting my new computer). They'll be longish, longer then my recent ones anyway as I can't cut anywhere to make a forth chapter from the pictures I have. So, how impatient are you guys? Do you want them NOW (not happening, btw), or do you want them spread out perfectly between now and Christmas?

GigaRevival
1st Nov 2011, 5:15 AM
A New Chapter (finally) from me: Chapter 3.4--Changes (http://harrislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/10/34-changes.html)

Summary: A Makeover; Worrying over Snuffle; Vittoria the Villainous Wench; A Budding Relationship; Getting Older; Seeking Uther.

@Alma:That's horrible! Let me extend my well wishes to you and your friend... and also add myself to the barrage of hugs for you.

Miss Puff
1st Nov 2011, 7:51 AM
More hugs for Alma here. I'm glad things didn't end up worse!

I've been busy working on updating my mods and CC for the patch/Pets. I got it today, but I'm a little worried after hearing all the problems people are having with having to move towns and everything. I'm probably going to be spending this week trying to decide whether or not I should install it rather than actually playing. :P

ReyaD
1st Nov 2011, 8:08 AM
Argh. Blogger isn't letting me comment, Giga. So my comment is under the spoiler button.

DON'T CLICK IT BUCKLEY.

I just adore Harper's new do and I'm glad she and Cedric are getting closer <3 <3 <3. Can't wait to hear about Mar-Mar and whatever else Utther needs to tell Harper. Also super excited for the big move but thats due to totally selfish reasons.

GigaRevival
1st Nov 2011, 8:47 AM
^^Trust me. I cannot wait for the move either. Anne Arbor is being a pain in the arse right now. Blargh.

And...
I'm glad you like her new 'do. I'm still working on the conversation with Uther; that's turning out to be a bit of a challenge. Also, can't wait to get Marie/Angel into the story (mostly Marie as she plays more of a role than Angel). Still working on that plot line though. ; )

It's official. I have entered NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) and will be *hopefully* cataloging my progress at my brand-spanking new Live Journal (http://gigarevival.livejournal.com/). So if any of you want to, you know, stop on by and say hello... I'll sure welcome the company. Once I actually get off my butt and write something, that is.

ReyaD
1st Nov 2011, 8:50 AM
Ugh nano... this is the first year I won't be "officially" participating. And by officially I mean I'll still end up doing it, I just won't mark down my daily progress like I did last year... and the year before... etc.

Yay Marie <3.

GigaRevival
1st Nov 2011, 9:06 AM
I most likely won't do daily progress updates as well. More like weekly or bi-weekly, depending upon how motivated I am or how swamped I am with homework. I just want to see if I can do it since I have a problem with actually finishing things. This will certainly be interesting, to say the least.

I'm almost finished with the next Chapter, it's just a matter of getting some more pictures (UGH).

My thoughts on Anne Arbor--->http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/358eo6/

NutsAndDolts
1st Nov 2011, 12:21 PM
CE: Do what you like. Christmas is a long way away though! D=

CinderEmma
1st Nov 2011, 1:09 PM
For a free computer, I can wait until Christmas. I just wish I hadn't gone on haitus right before all this, usually I would have at least seven or eight chapters in screenshots.

calisims
1st Nov 2011, 4:01 PM
Alma *hugs* I'm sorry for you and your friend. I'm glad he didn't have to go to the hospital.

Chapter 26 is up:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-26-you-will-love-me.html

Also, some new pics in the Out takes.

SimmingStarfish
1st Nov 2011, 6:32 PM
Need to catch up on peoples legacy's!

CyyKosis
1st Nov 2011, 6:59 PM
So... I don't want to get all of our hopes up... but I can play my legacy perfectly fine, albeit with worse graphics (yes, my laptop has way better graphics, but the card is unsupported while my super old pc graphics card is crappy but still supported. ugh). The only issue is the game turning white (the HUD stays visible and the options and menus work fine) so I'm updating my drivers *crosses fingers* Right before the last white screen I shot pictures of a birthday party so I'm excited to post the next update!

SimmingStarfish
1st Nov 2011, 7:08 PM
yay!... oh no :(

GigaRevival
1st Nov 2011, 7:11 PM
@CyyKosis: good luck! I hope you are able to get everything sorted.

I started writing my story for NaNo and I keep integrating elements of characters from my legacies. It feels so strange to write without pictures; I run through the motions of writing a paragraph and then thinking of how I can capture that in-game. :faceslap: What have I gotten myself into?!

NutsAndDolts
1st Nov 2011, 8:51 PM
Has anyone had any luck befriending the minor pets?

One of my sims caught a bird. I got a cage for it and all, and have them play with it and watch it regularly, but their relationship bar never seems to go up.

calisims
1st Nov 2011, 9:04 PM
I don't have relationship bars with my snake and lizard. Maybe it's a bird thing?
Anyway, sorry, I know nothing about this issue.
Maddie, I hope updating your drivers works out for you.

CyyKosis
1st Nov 2011, 11:21 PM
:) http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-29-but-my-words-like-silent.html

teal_moonshine
1st Nov 2011, 11:42 PM
After a 10 and a half hour bar shift (biggest horse racing event of the year here, Melbourne Cup. Lots of drunkards...) I NEED a day of sims. Think I'll start on the Norse Gods. Much paler skin, blonde and red hair, bright green and blue eyes. Very pretty.

ReyaD
2nd Nov 2011, 12:04 AM
Can't wait for photos, Teal <3.

Ch 1.7 - Little Bad Girl

http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/17-little-bad-girl.html

I blame David Guetta for making such catchy music that never leaves my head. And I really love how Nagina came out. She's just so beautiful. Nadira too, but in a different way.

Buckley
2nd Nov 2011, 12:21 AM
Cece, you update SO fast! I just finished commenting on your last chapter, lol.

Teal, you must post photos! Your Greek gods were beautiful.

Melissa, I tried to bulldoze the dog park in AP and place the three smaller lots like you suggested, but my game wouldn't allow it. Said they "couldn't place lots on roads" or something. *Shrugs* Oh well. I guess I'll just have two bars in my AP until I get around to building/renovating a 20x30. Still, I really wanted to get rid of that bone shaped pool. Lol.

ReyaD
2nd Nov 2011, 12:26 AM
Well then go comment on this update, silly. : P It is my birthday after all (Okay ALMOST my birthday...)

By the way, Bea and Ethan have had three kids. Cynthia, Christine and third one that I THINK is a boy... can't remember.

Buckley
2nd Nov 2011, 12:36 AM
Lol. Happy (early by one day) birthday! Mine is on Thursday, so you better be nice. :P

Aww! Yay! I'm happy that Beatrix and Ethan are doing so well. :)

teal_moonshine
2nd Nov 2011, 12:48 AM
Well it's the 2nd here so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If you were an Aussie, you'd probably already be drunk.

Also, I will post photos, because staring at them for so long, I can never tell if they look good or I've become crazy.

CinderEmma
2nd Nov 2011, 1:13 AM
Happy early birthday guys :)

GigaRevival
2nd Nov 2011, 1:40 AM
Hurrah for birthdays! *throws confetti* I hope you two have a wonderful b-day.

For both of you.
http://i.imgur.com/IYQOa.jpg
I sent that to my mom last year; she was less than pleased. :rofl:

CinderEmma
2nd Nov 2011, 2:16 AM
Thanks for all the reviews for my lastest guys, you make me smile thiiiiiiiiis much!
Makes me want to work on the next chapter now, bah XD

teal_moonshine
2nd Nov 2011, 3:52 AM
Ok here's Bestla (Odin's mother) and Loki (Bestla's cousin in game for all intents and purposes)... They aren't quite done, her eyebrows need to be in a less 'surprised' position, but Loki is actually a lot how I wanted him, has a kinda of smirk on him... They were both made by 'play with genetics' because I needed their parents so they could be made cousins.

EDIT: I think what I'll do is keep playing with genetics until I get a Bestla I adore... Loki only needs minor edits so he's safe

EDIT 2: Ok, so I got a Bestla I'm happy with.

mimi250
2nd Nov 2011, 3:58 PM
3 questions about the legacy

1) for those who use Simreality's neighboroods (brooklyn heigts, redwood arbor, anne harbor and so on..).. Are they populated? I would want to send my sim to Redwood with Twallan's traveller but It'll be annoying if she can't meet anyone. Otherwise, I would have to install families by myself and I've to say that it's the only thing I really hate in the game..

2) My sim and Gavin Pinkerton just got married (Gavin is one of the richest man in town). She has to be single parent and has already 2 kids. But I've no intention to keep Gavin on the lot, so it's ok for the rule.. but Gavin owns a car in his inventory, which value is 105.000 simoleons!! , He brought 16.000 simoleons when he moved in, and this money was much needed.. But I'm attracted by the 105.000 simoleons as I see what I would be able to do with it, particularly for the house.. Is it ok to sell Gavin's car? Are single parent who choose to marry are allowed to use their short-time partner's funds?

calisims
2nd Nov 2011, 4:58 PM
There is a version of Anne Arbor that comes populated (it's a save game rather than a world file). But the rest are all unpopulated.

That's a tough question about the short term partner's funds. I'd say they are allowed to keep the funds brought in by the marriage, and you are allowed to keep in him in his current career and use his income, but getting 105k for selling the car seems kind of sketchy to me. I would let him keep it and take it with him when he moves out.

mimi250
2nd Nov 2011, 6:13 PM
but getting 105k for selling the car seems kind of sketchy to me. I would let him keep it and take it with him when he moves out.

Ok, I was thinking the same but I prefered waiting for challenger's opinions..I've to say goodbye to 105.000 simoleons (tears) :cry:

GigaRevival
2nd Nov 2011, 7:32 PM
@Buckley/calisims: Just so you know, Bea and Foster totally had a daughter. : ) I didn't have time to get pictures or get her name, and she's still a baby so it wouldn't matter about the pictures anyway, but I'm excited! Foster and Bea spawn, hurrah!

Miss Puff
2nd Nov 2011, 7:57 PM
So, I think I'm going to try and hold off on installing Pets until I get to Gen 2. I rolled change of scenery, so that way if things get borked I'll be moving my family anyway, and it won't be that big a deal.

Also, I made this awhile ago, but didn't want to link it until I posted the chapter with Phoenix, but then I forgot about it: Keatts' Family Tree (http://familyecho.com/?p=START&c=xndw8tnyc4&f=951931143685646710). I filled out all the stuff in the bio section if you want to know anyone's skills, traits, favorites, etc. :)

Buckley
2nd Nov 2011, 8:08 PM
Giga, you MUST post pictures when she grows up! Please?! Knowing Foster, I'm guessing it was a "software failure" (*cough* accident *cough*). Did he marry her? Probably not, lol. I don't know why, but the thought of Bea with a guy like Foster makes me ridiculously happy. <3

Teal: Bestla is very pretty. I like her hair color. :)

calisims
2nd Nov 2011, 8:31 PM
Yeah, Giga, must post pics of Foster and Bea spawn! I swear, Foster could fill a whole town with his spawn.

ReyaD
2nd Nov 2011, 8:33 PM
Yeah, Giga, must post pics of Foster and Bea spawn! I swear, Foster could fill a whole town with his spawn.

Family Man Challenge anyone?

EDIT: No seriously. If Melissa gives me permission I will TOTALLY do that challenge with him. And as many female sims as I can find from the legacies.

AJH
2nd Nov 2011, 8:49 PM
Lol. Happy (early by one day) birthday! Mine is on Thursday, so you better be nice. :P

Aww! Yay! I'm happy that Beatrix and Ethan are doing so well. :)
Happy Birthday to both of you!

GigaRevival
2nd Nov 2011, 9:09 PM
@Buckley/Cali: I certainly will once I get back into Meadow Glen. I'm finishing up my last chapters before moving over, but I bet she is going to be adorable! Prepare for future pictures.

I'm having problems with words... and you know, communication right now. Time to go take a short nap, I say. :faceslap:

ReyaD
2nd Nov 2011, 9:20 PM
It's so much fun to watch various Legacy characters around town. I'm so heartbroken that some of the older ones are beginning to die out. (Morand died during my last play session. Broke my heart, man. He had three children and one grandchild). Faith hooked up with a guy twice her age and ended up marrying him when he knocked her up with a "woopsie" baby.

When Gen 2 officially takes over I might add in another few families because it will seriously break my heart if I don't have any familiar faces out there. I'm thinking Foster (With a different surname), Lukas and one or both siblings, River and Nick (I WILL GET THEM TO WORK. MARK MY WORDS. *Eye twitch*), and maybe Tearney's siblings. I know where I want two of gen two's kids to come from but no plans for the third.

EDIT: Oh and Giga guess what I just found out? No one in the family has Sybil on their relationship panel. Jake and Aarun are both friends with Hayley but no one even knows Sybil! It's official. She actually IS stalking them!

NutsAndDolts
2nd Nov 2011, 9:43 PM
Could it be CC that crashes River and Nick in your game? To my knowledge you have everything they're wearing so I didn't bother changing them.

ReyaD
2nd Nov 2011, 9:49 PM
When I go to CAS I open up the pre-made sims bin and click on (for example) River. It opens to the normal CAS page but she's invisible, no tabs are open and the "basic" panel is blurred out so I can't click it. And if I click on hair or clothing every option for all ages and genders is available (instead of just those for YA - female).

To create a .pack file I think you just need to go to edit town, click their household and press "share household"... I THINK. Its the one that doesn't say "Save to bin".

Dammit River your perfect genetics are taunting me.

calisims
2nd Nov 2011, 10:00 PM
Family Man Challenge anyone?

EDIT: No seriously. If Melissa gives me permission I will TOTALLY do that challenge with him. And as many female sims as I can find from the legacies.

Hey, you have my permission, as long as you share pics.

LadyAwesome
2nd Nov 2011, 10:03 PM
Im behind in legacies AGAIN. But Also Alma I wouldn't panic too much, in april I crashed my car into a power pole, and landed in a ditch on the open road. (not really open when the ditch is a meter away from the road) I burst my bowel. But I recovered super fast and my daughter didn't even get a scratch. Just take it easy and give you friend lots of love!

ALSO HAPPY BDAY FOR YESTERDAY EVERYONE XX

ReyaD
2nd Nov 2011, 10:05 PM
Hey, you have my permission, as long as you share pics.

*Salute* On it, ma'am.

... I'll probably end up starting tonight after my party xD. Oh Foster. Why must you be so alluring?

No one minds if their shared sims get knocked up by him, right? No? Awesome. Cause no one's safe with this play boy around (Well that and I've been dying to use Red County for a game but its an empty world so I need to fill it with sims).

AlmaDelCore20
2nd Nov 2011, 10:21 PM
So I can't remember who it is that wants teen!Glynnis's hair, but I found the link to it, so if you see this, PM me or quote me or something and I'll hand it over. xD

Update coming soon~

And thank you for all the well-wishes. My friend's fine, just really shaken up and carless. No insurance, so that's going to be pretty sucky. >.> But no one got hurt in the collision at all, thank goodness.