PDA

View Full Version : The Random Legacy Challenge (1st Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

GigaRevival
2nd Nov 2011, 10:27 PM
Chapter 3.5--You Know Her? (http://harrislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/35-you-know-her.html)

Summary: Shi* just got real. This Chapter seriously sapped my energy, so I hope it's enjoyable and/or understandable... because everything gets crazier from here on out.

Cece: Happy Birfdayyy!

ReyaD
2nd Nov 2011, 10:27 PM
Becky/NutsandDolts wanted it but I wouldn't mind a link to it as well, Alma. It's a beautiful piece of CC.

Birthday Update!

1.8 : Sabo http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/18-sabo.html

Outtakes have been updated as well.

AlmaDelCore20
2nd Nov 2011, 10:33 PM
Bah, I'll just put it here, then.

Teen!Glynnis hair (http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2011/02/rose-hair-77-fixed-and-pookletd.html)

Also, here's a link to my update as well. xD Poor readers. They're going to get overwhelmed with so many updates so quickly.

http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-11-exploration.html

teal_moonshine
2nd Nov 2011, 10:55 PM
Tis Thursday morning here so, Happy Birthday to Buckley.

Also thanks on the comment about Bestla, her hair colour is just the in game red

CinderEmma
2nd Nov 2011, 11:06 PM
I love that Cece, I want to see LOTS of pictures.
I think I can FINALLY share my sims with you guys. The problem I was having is that I didn't have base skin, as I accidentally had both the default and the non-default of one of HP's skin, then I combined the file. Now that I have virtually no CC in my mad attempt to make Pets work for me, I can upload all my sims :) I'll do it soon, probably tonight because I'm bored.

GigaRevival
2nd Nov 2011, 11:10 PM
EDIT: Oh and Giga guess what I just found out? No one in the family has Sybil on their relationship panel. Jake and Aarun are both friends with Hayley but no one even knows Sybil! It's official. She actually IS stalking them!

:rofl: I didn't notice this until now. Sybil, what a creeper!

Edit: Emma--Can't wait to get some of your legacy characters. :)

NutsAndDolts
2nd Nov 2011, 11:42 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! *snatches hair* It's the style my HUnewearl has in PSO.

...That's so weird, Cece. I'll try exporting the family tonight. =/

You could try making some of your own sims to fill the town too. ^.^

The several Sheridans actually confused me. x.x

CinderEmma
2nd Nov 2011, 11:51 PM
Irish looks sooooooooo fugly as pudding! *sulks*
*sighs* I got Irish, Isadora, Tyson, Kipp, Calloway, and Thorne. I will not be able to get Nathalie or Ned, I'm sorry. I didn't save them, and the saved files and backups are gone for them. Tylar and Skye will come soon, but you guys should be fine with what I'll be giving you :P
I'll add them to my legacy in a few moments. Please tell me if you have skin problems, I believe I fixed the problems I was having, but I'm not 100% sure.

calisims
3rd Nov 2011, 12:49 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! *snatches hair* It's the style my HUnewearl has in PSO.

...That's so weird, Cece. I'll try exporting the family tonight. =/

You could try making some of your own sims to fill the town too. ^.^

The several Sheridans actually confused me. x.x

There's only one real original Sheridan, lol.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 12:57 AM
There's only one real original Sheridan, lol.

Obviously. How else could we have fallen in love with him? <3 Thank you ever so much for creating him.

NutsAndDolts
3rd Nov 2011, 1:10 AM
Well I know that, but there are two in Cece's legacies. One who fathered Chale, and now another she keeps talking about.

Unless that's a different town.

...I get behind sometimes. o.o

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 1:11 AM
Quick question guys - How do I upload my sims on Blogspot?

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 1:12 AM
Well I know that, but there are two in Cece's legacies. One who fathered Chale, and now another she keeps talking about.

Unless that's a different town.

...I get behind sometimes. o.o

Different town, different legacy.

Neverglade was originally going to be a completely separate legacy so I put Louna and Sheridan in there because I loved them so much. Then Neverglade ended up being a continuation of the Starr Legacy so I'm just ignoring that little loophole and pretending they're clones from an alternate future... or something. I'm not so good with fixing them plot holes.

EDIT for Emma: Use a hosting site like mediafire and then post the link to the file on blogspot.

CyyKosis
3rd Nov 2011, 1:14 AM
Happy Birthday Cece! :)

annnd for Buckley...
You're going to have to wait until tomorrow as it's not your birthday yet here xD

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 1:26 AM
Thank you Cyyk. <3 And thank you to everyone who commented with a happy birthday last night. It made me smile and I really did need it.

... I think I need to apologize to Buckley for starting the / spoiler thing. I know its your weakness and we shouldn't abuse it for our own entertainment.

Oh who am I kidding? BUCKLEY I LOVE YOU DON'T HURT ME.

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 1:28 AM
Alright, I got my Downloadable Sims all set up, download away :)
Please give me feedback! And use them all you want in your legacies, though please keep Irish Asian looking and Kipp needs to have the western look in some way. It's just part of his character, but since he's not shown in the legacy yet (two chapters AWAY), you guys wouldn't know that! There are lots of clothing in Pets and Generations that will work with that theme, so I'm not limiting you. And if you want to make him the most gaudy alien cowboy ever, be my guest :P Same with Irish :P
And Calloway has blue skin. If you have any silver skins, it would be NICE if you changed the skintone :) He just doesn't look right in blue, just like Irish doesn't look good in fleshy pink *shudders*

NutsAndDolts
3rd Nov 2011, 1:31 AM
Ooh, okay. Sorry.

AlmaDelCore20
3rd Nov 2011, 1:37 AM
That awkward moment when your game crashes IN THE MIDDLE OF SAVING. -sobs-

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 1:41 AM
That's not awkward, Alma. That's horrible.

*Hugs*

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 1:51 AM
Beatrix and Foster spawn below:
THEY HADE FRIGGIN' TWINS!!

Here's Zandra
http://i.imgur.com/EFNkX.jpg
And Lana
http://i.imgur.com/TZSXq.jpg

And just because I was curious (shade your eyes if you don't want to see!):
Zandra as a YA
http://i.imgur.com/Xpq2B.jpg
And Lana as a YA
http://i.imgur.com/DRgK6.jpg

I hope your curiosity is now sated. :)

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 1:52 AM
The photo(s) aren't working for me, Giga : (

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 1:53 AM
That's strange. I'm clicking on it now to check, and they're fine. Lemme take a looksie at the formatting.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 1:56 AM
Does it work now, Cece?

:rofl: Looks like she left. Does it not work for anyone else?

Edit: Lana's picture somehow disappeared, but it's up now. *wipes brow* I don't know how I messed that up, but the formatting was all wonky.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 1:57 AM
Yeeees <3. Thank you. My curiosity is fully sated.

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 2:00 AM
The pictures are fine for me, they're beautiful :)

NutsAndDolts
3rd Nov 2011, 2:02 AM
Okay, if I did this right, here's Nick and River and their two kids, Andromeda and Ambrosine.

Andromeda and Ambrosine are still toddlers. One of them has Nick's hair color and the other has Donoph/Vinca/Yasu/Rex/Boyd Wainwright hair. Which was nice.

I even wrote up a little bio for the family.

I take no responsibility for how this file affects anyone's game, considering Nick and River themselves seriously screw up Reya's game.

Good luck.

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 2:16 AM
I'll install, just after a few people verify that it's alright :P I just LOVE River :)

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 2:21 AM
I take no responsibility for how this file affects anyone's game, considering Nick and River themselves seriously screw up Reya's game.

Good luck.

It didn't... SERIOUSLY screw up my game... I sort of saw it coming because I tried to force them into the game. (I left them invi-sim and added a random character, then plopped them into the town. Then deleted the random extra... then the game crashed).

So I don't think Nick and River were to blame for the crash themselves. I think it was more the condition that revolved around them.

And thank you so much for going through all that work to upload them for me. <3 I really really appreciate it and I can't wait to get them into my game.

calisims
3rd Nov 2011, 2:41 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, Giga, the girls look beautiful.
And it's official, Foster Enmity has risen to the status of Fertility God.

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 2:45 AM
Alright, I know people haven't tested out my sims yet, but just promise me you'll tell me if they work or not? (For those who install them) I don't foresee problems with Thorne (he's so funny with the base game mullet I gave him XD), but the rest I'm nervous.

NutsAndDolts
3rd Nov 2011, 2:47 AM
I love how the girls look too. Foster's nose doesn't look half bad. ;)

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 3:09 AM
Ha. Foster's nose is female friendly, for sure. <--that sounds awkward. What I mean is, it passes to the ladies nicely. That sounds awkward too. I give up.

Also, Lana glitched for some reason in Bea's house. She was seemingly stuck between two walls so you could only see her foot, but there was a dresser blocking it. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out if my game was a-sploding again, or if there was a phantom toddler crying in their place before I finally found her foot. Poor Lana... stuck in the in-between. 0.o

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 3:13 AM
resetsim tends to fix the stuck sims problem. (At least in my experience)

Also your first sentence made me choke on my drink. My mind instantly went to the dirtiest possible scenario.

Oh Foster <3.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 3:37 AM
@Cece: Thanks. Already did and done. Lana is officially out of the ether. I just thought it was sort of hilarious.

Also, great minds think alike? My mind was in the cesspool after I wrote that, but I kept it anyway. *shrug* I tried to fix it, that counts for something... I think.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 3:39 AM
I think its fair to say that if I do end up doing the family man challenge with Foster it will NOT be PG... I mean I'm just going to use it to make as many sex jokes as I can possibly think up.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 3:40 AM
:rofl: I would read it. I love me some inappropriate humor.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 3:41 AM
REALLY? I NEVER WOULDA GUESSED.

*Cough*Mya*Cough*

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 3:54 AM
*hangs head in shame* I was too obvious, it seems.

A nice little update: Bea and Foster are engaged... totally without my intervention. He still sleeps around though as far as I can tell. Their story is shaping up to be quite interesting.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 3:57 AM
... Foster's been tamed? O_o

Damn Bea. You go girl. I'm... I'm impressed.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 3:59 AM
I'm not sure if he's been tamed or he's just appeasing a frequent booty-caller. I keep getting SP pop-ups that they were seen fighting in front of [insert public space here], but they are still engaged. Foster also just got some random lady pregnant right after I got the pop-up that they were taking their relationship to the next level. That man is suave.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 4:03 AM
Yes. yes he is <3.

... And shouldn't you be judging our contest entries?

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 4:05 AM
I'm halfway through. *pouts* I needed a wittle break. WORST.JUDGE.EVER.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 4:07 AM
Tell me what I got and maybe I'll forgive you.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 4:11 AM
But that would ruin the surprise. *cue evil laughter* Not gonna happen.

I think we've turned this into a live chat thread. Someone have anything to say that brings us back on topic? An update mayhaps? <---That hint is meant for you Buckley. Pweettyy Pweeeaassseee?

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 4:14 AM
Ouch. I just got burned. : (

*Goes to pout... and play with Foster*

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 4:20 AM
I lurve you! Wasn't an intentional burn, I promise. :luff:

Edit: play with Foster, you say? (MUST.RESIST.DIRTY.JOKE.) Is that a hint that your Family Man Challenge is on for realsies?

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 4:22 AM
play with Foster, you say? Is that hint that your Family Man Challenge is on for realsies?

>_>

YEP. THAT'S TOTALLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. TOTALLY.

YEP.

SHUTTING UP NOW.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 4:24 AM
I changed my comment. Too fast for 'ya. Or I'm too slow for you. I'm not sure which.

I just realized my misc. is Expansion and this will be the third dang house for Harper. I'm hoping it doesn't glitch again so I can fulfill that.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 4:39 AM
Apparently the issue is that I need to download the Pets EP before it'll let me grab your sims, Becky. *Eye twitch*

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 4:44 AM
Cece, you uploaded Jake! *squees* I'm snatching her now. I absolutely must have her red hair... must.

Also, Emma: I'll be snatching a couple of your characters as well, but I'm not sure which ones yet. You seem to care what we do with them, so I'll give you a heads up beforehand.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 4:47 AM
The only thing about Jake is her traits are wrong. I just rolled random during the prologue and then I forgot to save the official Neverglade Jake with the right traits.

Her traits SHOULD be: Genius, Athletic, Kleptomaniac, Rebellious and Virtuoso. Just so you know.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 4:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up. :up:

Basically all of my sims (excluding Hayley and I *think* Mya) were uploaded with the wrong traits as well. *shrug* Oh well.

teal_moonshine
3rd Nov 2011, 6:23 AM
Ok, so this is Persephone, Hades wife (he abducted her and dragged her to the underworld, he's such a nice fellow)... Persephone's eldest, Melinoe, is described as 'half dark, half light' in the mythology, hence why Persephone isn't Greek in appearence. I might do some minor tweaks, I don't know... I started off with William Fangmann because I had played around with him once before and the sims turned out alright and blah blah blah

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 7:32 AM
I think Persephone is beautiful, Teal. And she should add some nice genetics to the mix <3.

On another note, has anyone else noticed that when Foster flirts he has a facial expression that just screams "predator"? No? Just me? Good to note...

1 hour of playing: Knocked up Aleena and Jake twice. Ree and Mar-mar once. Two kids thus far. Both of whom inherited his beautiful blue eyes. <3 I'll edit up a chapter and post it on blogger or something if anyone wants photos.

(Although Mar-mar may be a spoiler.)

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 8:01 AM
*jumps up and down* Me! I want photos! Foster seems to breed adorable children. Although, selfishly, I do want to see what kind of kids Mar births... as she won't be having any offspring in my legacy.

teal_moonshine
3rd Nov 2011, 9:29 AM
Ok, well I've decided, instead of constantly posting pics about my Gods on here, I'll just disappear for a little while, then post them all on blogspot or something... You know, seeing as this is for random legacies, not just random randomness...

NutsAndDolts
3rd Nov 2011, 12:16 PM
Apparently the issue is that I need to download the Pets EP before it'll let me grab your sims, Becky. *Eye twitch*

Would that go for all of my sims just because I have pets, or is one of them wearing something from pets? I was almost sure River and Nick weren't, but maybe one of the toddlers...

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 12:21 PM
Cece, you uploaded Jake! *squees* I'm snatching her now. I absolutely must have her red hair... must.

Also, Emma: I'll be snatching a couple of your characters as well, but I'm not sure which ones yet. You seem to care what we do with them, so I'll give you a heads up beforehand.I just care that they look (a little) like they do in my legacy, things I couldn't fix and keep them base game compatible (WA compatible for Irish). Not big stuff, I think.
And if you want to say screw it to anything I ask, you can. I'll just give you sad puppy eyes XD

calisims
3rd Nov 2011, 1:58 PM
Becky I think the issue is with any Sims packaged under a particular patch or EP, they won't show up properly in games that aren't up to current patch level.

Cece, I look forward to your pics of Foster's adventures, and his hundreds of little bastards.

I have an update, Chapter 27:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-27-trouble-move-from-me.html

Also, new pics in out takes. It's all kitty spam.

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 4:23 PM
Happy Birthday, Buckley : )

I tried to get you Cynthia's chapter for your present but then I ended up pacing the scenes wrong... so instead you just get a birthday party scene. Sowwy.

1.9 - A Gift for You (... not a gift for Buckley. A gift for one of the characters. Can't believe I missed this title when planning the chapters) http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/19-gift-for-you.html

Outtakes: http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/p/outtakes.html

CyyKosis
3rd Nov 2011, 5:36 PM
Happy Birthday Colleen!

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 5:59 PM
It ain't pretty... but here's Foster as a Family Man. http://cecesims.blogspot.com/2011/11/foster-family-man-challenge-ch-1.html

AlmaDelCore20
3rd Nov 2011, 6:04 PM
Happy Birthday indeed~!

Here's a chapter from me as well:

http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-12-time-flies-by.html

CyyKosis
3rd Nov 2011, 6:13 PM
I was planning on updating later today after my exam, but I just found out one of my friends from back in high school was killed in a car accident last night so it might be a while. </3

AlmaDelCore20
3rd Nov 2011, 6:16 PM
DDD8 Oh my God, Cykk, that's absolutely horrible. Take all the time you need. We'll still be here no matter how long it takes.

Buckley
3rd Nov 2011, 6:20 PM
Oh Maddie, I'm so sorry. Don't worry about updating. We can wait.

EDIT: And thanks for all the birthday well wishes guys. <3

calisims
3rd Nov 2011, 6:26 PM
Maddie, I'm so sorry about your friend. *hugs*

NutsAndDolts
3rd Nov 2011, 6:30 PM
Oh no. =(

ReyaD
3rd Nov 2011, 6:43 PM
Oh my gosh, Maddie. *hugs* i can't imagine what you're going through but we're here for you.

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 8:49 PM
I'm with everyone else here. I'm so sorry for your loss Maddie! Take all the time you need, seriously.

AJH
3rd Nov 2011, 9:24 PM
I was planning on updating later today after my exam, but I just found out one of my friends from back in high school was killed in a car accident last night so it might be a while. </3

That's terrible <big hugs> don't you worry about updating for the time being, times like this real life has to take precedence

Speaking of updates:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-twenty.html

With lots of cute kitty spam at the end (although some of the pics are a bit blurry - I may have re-sized them a bit too much)

GigaRevival
3rd Nov 2011, 9:37 PM
I'm loving all the kitteh pictures recently. I'm going to pass out from an overload of pixelated cuteness.

Edit: I forgot to add a legitimate Happy Birthday to Buckley. :)

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 9:49 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Maddie! *huge virtual hug*

Cat spam = awesomeness! Now I'm starting your legacy Ali, just for the kitty spam XD

AJH
3rd Nov 2011, 10:02 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Maddie! *huge virtual hug*

Cat spam = awesomeness! Now I'm starting your legacy Ali, just for the kitty spam XD
The kitty spam doesn't start until the last few chapters...

tigger89
3rd Nov 2011, 10:13 PM
So, I was in an entirely unrelated area of the internet when someone I was talking to remarked that they were playing the Random Legacy challenge for the Sims 3, and asked if I'd heard of it. And I was all...dude, I WROTE the first version of that challenge. It was super weird, small-internet stuff!

So, now I kind of want to play it. This new version is super-different from the original, but still looks fun. I'm really bad at blogging legacies, so I decided to try a different format. I designed the blog like a gossip magazine, and am telling the story in little tidbits as if the family was a celebrity family(which they are, purely by accident). It's here (http://hansonrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/), if anyone wanted to take a look.

Redhead Creations
3rd Nov 2011, 10:19 PM
Maddie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Big hugs!!

And big hugs to the birthday girls as well - I hope you guys have/had most excellent birthdays!!

[EDIT] Tigger, that's great that what you started is still out there - isn't it? The challenge is a blast!

mimi250
3rd Nov 2011, 10:23 PM

I'm sorry for your friend too.. life is so hard sometimes, particularly when these kind of things happen to young people..

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 10:29 PM
Hi Tigger, founder of the almighty Random Legacy :-P

I just meant that I wanted to start it because of the kitty spam, I know that the cat will only come in the last few chapters :-)

calisims
3rd Nov 2011, 10:40 PM
Hey, tigger! Maybe you remember me, I was one of the original players of your challenge when you started it.
We did make some changes and add new rules based on player feedback. I'm currently on my third legacy in this challenge, it's been a lot of fun.
So, welcome back, it's great to have you playing with us again.

Oh, and Colleen, Happy Birthday!!!

mimi250
3rd Nov 2011, 10:44 PM
So, I was in an entirely unrelated area of the internet when someone I was talking to remarked that they were playing the Random Legacy challenge for the Sims 3, and asked if I'd heard of it. And I was all...dude, I WROTE the first version of that challenge. It was super weird, small-internet stuff!

So, now I kind of want to play it. This new version is super-different from the original, but still looks fun. I'm really bad at blogging legacies, so I decided to try a different format. I designed the blog like a gossip magazine, and am telling the story in little tidbits as if the family was a celebrity family(which they are, purely by accident). It's here (http://hansonrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/), if anyone wanted to take a look.

Hi tigger,

It's a long time ago since I joined the random legacy. A lot of things have changed since this time, but we all remember who create this challenge. :p

I hope you'll bring other new ideas.. I don't have blog neither, so I don't think it's a real problem

PS: I would want to propose a new rule. We have a no strangers challenge. How about a rule like this

- A king life: you're born to be served, like kings or celebrities.. Your sim musn't do anything by himself. A babysitter must be hired to take care of the babies, no parties without a bartender, a servant must be employed to clean the house, repairmen must always be called to repair things... Your sims musn't accept any decreasing tasks (only opportunities related to careers can be accepted) needing him to use his hands (cooking, repairing, gardening). The only way to have good meals will be hiring a butler, going to the restaurant, or using buffets/ picnic basket..

Buckley
3rd Nov 2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Tigger! This challenge is awesome. It's so super fun, and it got me interested in Sims again. Thanks for creating and sharing it! :)

EDIT: That's an interesting idea Mimi, but what if you rolled that on your first generation? The family surely wouldn't have/make enough money to hire a butler. Also, I personally hate service Sims, and I almost never use them in game. (The one exception being babysitters, and that's only by necessity.) Honestly I really enjoy having my Sims cook and garden and repair things, and I absolutely love doing opportunities. I really like the premise though (A King's Life), but I'm not so sure about the execution. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks. :)

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 11:14 PM
I think it should be flexible, like you can hire a maid and babysitter instead of a butler.
Can you hire repairmen in base games? I thought it was a mod thing?

mimi250
3rd Nov 2011, 11:17 PM
No, I didn't say that we have to hire a butler but only that home cooking will only be available with butlers (because they cook). Otherwise, your sims will have restaurants, pizza, buffets or picnics

CinderEmma
3rd Nov 2011, 11:19 PM
Oh, alright :) Or they can just live on quick food :)

calisims
3rd Nov 2011, 11:25 PM
I'm of the same mind as Buckley, I enjoy having my Sims cook, garden and do repairs, and love the opportunities for those things, so while I like the premise of the rule, I wouldn't enjoy actually playing it.

Buckley
3rd Nov 2011, 11:31 PM
So I keep trying to adopt a child age daughter for Hetty Lionheart in AP, and this keeps happening.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/31500_111103183013Screenshot-193.jpg
Anyone have any ideas what could be causing the skin to go all black like that? I've tried at least four times, and every single child she gets turns black. I even tried adopting a kid for a different family and the same thing happened. I'm using Twallan's master controller.

calisims
4th Nov 2011, 12:05 AM
The only time I've seen that is when I've downloaded a Sim that was using a custom skin I didn't have installed. It could be that you have a Sim like that in your bin that MC keeps trying to use as a genetic parent of the adopted child. It seems weird to me that that would keep happening consistently, but it's the only thing I can think of.

CinderEmma
4th Nov 2011, 12:10 AM
I don't know, I've only seen that when I have a saved sim with CC skin that I don't have in the game anymore.

I personally like the King rule, I dislike the no strangers rule more. I don't think that whether you personally would want to play the rule should factor in, but the practicality of base game/gen 1 being able to do it (which I think it's doable) and whether it would be a challenge. And it wouldn't be a challenge in the typical sense, but it would be challenging for those who are used to controlling every aspect of their sims :P I mean, if the maid does a bad job, you can't clean it up, you just have to wait until the maid comes the next day :P There would have to be exceptions though for whatever career the sim has. I mean, a handyman who can't fix their own stuff would be sad XD But skills related to careers but but don't really need to be "done" (like scientist with gardening) could use books and the TV to get them done instead. Does that make sense?

calisims
4th Nov 2011, 12:20 AM
I don't think just being doable is the only factor in deciding on a rule, though it's obviously the most important.
We play the challenge for enjoyment after all, and if playing a rule for a whole generation is not going to be enjoyable...well, it's making playing it no fun. So, I think we do need to hear about whether players would be interested in playing any new rules, and go with the majority opinion.

ReyaD
4th Nov 2011, 12:22 AM
Personally I think it could be a fun addition to "misc fun". And I've already thought of dozens of plot lines that could work for it. I'd love for it to be added to the game.

Miss Puff
4th Nov 2011, 12:37 AM
I have half of my next chapter done, but instead of playing today to get the rest of it, I ended up mucking around in the game files. I uploaded my first Sims 3 content to MTS today! I hope it's accepted.

I like the idea of the A King's (Queen's? Royal?) Life. I think it would be simple enough to have a disclaimer to re-roll if it's Gen 1, or to allow a skill if it's central to your career like CinderEmma said. It's not how I'd usually want to play, but that's part of why I play the challenge in the first place, to encourage me to experience different things in the game. :)

Just to be specific, the idea is basically that sims would not be able to cook, garden, practice mixology, clean or repair things, right? Are there any others that I missed?

CinderEmma
4th Nov 2011, 12:51 AM
Obviously enjoyable is wanted for a possible rule too, but people can easily just decide not to roll it (they already do that for a number of rolls). I just meant that it shouldn't be the only reason either.

mimi250
4th Nov 2011, 1:39 AM
lol I called it "King life" but we can find another name.. You are all better than me in English and will be more able to find a suitable title for this rule.

Calisims, I understand what you mean about enjoying the challenge while obeying rules.. but the rules that we enjoy are not the same for the whole of us.. for instance, I dislike the "no strangers" misc fun (particularly when there are babies and I can't even call a babysitter) and I dislike the awesome goal too for instance... I know that other players like them.. So it's impossible to find rules that everybody will enjoy.. It's the reason why I had proposed the "Joker rule" because it seemed to me that this challenge could be more enjoyable by allowing sometimes another choice, more adapted to player's tastes..

I'll add other player's opinions, but it seemed that a few of us agree this rule yet

PS: A gardner is possible too for those who are not afraid of mods (today's updates on MTS downloads section).. you can hire a gardner, but I've not tested it yet and will wait for the feedbacks :mod:

PS2: Miss Puff, I'll have to think about it if a majority of players agree the rule, but the idea is to avoid everything that is not a "noble" task.. except if they are linked to a career.. But these tasks would have to be avoided at home, or in the neighborood (repairing or upgrading someone's radio for instance wouldn't be allowed)
Any other ideas are welcome of course :mod:

I And it wouldn't be a challenge in the typical sense, but it would be challenging for those who are used to controlling every aspect of their sims :P I mean, if the maid does a bad job, you can't clean it up, you just have to wait until the maid comes the next day

It happens in my game a few minutes ago, the maid left without cleaning all the wedding's plates. :faceslap: . Dismiss the maid could be a solution, and hire someone else. But learn to manage with a bad worker could be really challenging

CinderEmma
4th Nov 2011, 2:00 AM
I think the gardener shouldn't be a part of a rule since this challenge shouldn't require mods, but it'll be allowed if you want to.

NutsAndDolts
4th Nov 2011, 2:03 AM
Hired help is annoying and glitchy... =/

I had the blacked out sim glitch with Piroj's dad, actually. It happened a few days before he died, so on the family tree he's still this terrifying blacked out dude.

Have you tried editing the adopted kid in CAS?

KaiRuh
4th Nov 2011, 2:42 AM
I really like the rule. I rarely use hired help, so it'd be a different play style for me and I'd like that. I actually hate playing no strangers even though I rarely use them, lol. It's frustrating.

Buckley
4th Nov 2011, 3:06 AM
I just think that the goal would be so limiting. I mean, what if you had a Sim who was employed as a businessman, but his lifetime wish was culinary librarian. I realize that you can learn cooking by reading cookbooks, so technically you can complete his lifetime wish without ever having him lift a finger in the kitchen. But what's the fun in that? For story purposes and just to keep it interesting, I'd want him to be able to cook meals. It's far more rewarding that way. Also, with the exception of Deadbeat Parents and Idle Careers (which I don't play for exactly this reason), none of our other rolls forbid you from actively improving the life of your Sim. The King's Life roll doesn't allow your Sim to take care of himself or his surroundings, which seems like it would be painfully annoying as well as needlessly frustrating (I hate the "dirty surroundings" moodlets).

I tend to lean in the direction that our generation goals and miscellaneous fun should be challenging and actually add something to the game. I don't like the "you can't do this or that" rolls. I prefer the "you must do x, y, and z" rolls. But that's just my vote.

Okay, so now that we're talking about new roll ideas I have two that I want to throw out there. They are probably horrible, so feel free to shoot them down, but I thought they might spark some interest.

Photogenic- Your Sim loves to be looked at and wants his/her beauty to be remembered for generations to come. Paint, photograph, or sculpt (ice sculpture) a portrait of your heir from each of his/her life stages (toddler, child, teenager, young adult OR adult, and elder) and display them in your house. Also create one portrait of each of your heir's children (during any of the childhood stages) and their partner (if applicable). These pictures can be taken down and removed after your heir dies, if you so desire.

Popular- Your Sim thrives for attention and loves meeting new people. Your heir and/or their partner need to make a new friend every Sim week. The friend can be animal or human, but they must live outside your household. You don't have to maintain the relationship, so long as they were at one point friends. Your heir or their partner can make the new friend every week, or a combination of both.

(Yes, I know the titles and wording both need work. Suggestions welcome. :))

EDIT: Good idea about the CAS Becky. I'll go try that now.

CyyKosis
4th Nov 2011, 3:16 AM
I agree with Buckley. The King's rule isn't up my alley either, and if we chose to implement it, then I'll leave it off my list, but if you guys want it, go for it. Who am I to stop you?

Also... I especially like the Photogenic rule. That would be challenging (in a good way, in my opinion) because you'd need someone in your household with high painting at every life stage.

My main reason for posting is in the spoiler. Don't click if you don't want a REAL spoiler lol...

I just had to show my two new favorite sims... I was dinking around on the sims to get my mind off stuff and this is what I found:
http://i39.tinypic.com/x5xkqb.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/mc3o2b.jpg
Props to whomever figures it out, if it isn't obvious enough

CinderEmma
4th Nov 2011, 3:21 AM
Hm, it seems like half and half. Maybe we should bring it up at a later date and see if more people like it?

I personally like Photogenic :)

calisims
4th Nov 2011, 4:36 AM
I love the photogenic idea. I only have one problem, and that's if you have multiple children and don't choose an heir until they are children or teens. But I guess you can just snap a small pic of all the kids as babies and toddlers until you've singled out an heir.

The popular one sounds like it could be interesting. For me it would too easy to achieve after generation 1. I tend to send my teens to charisma class first thing, and give them the attractive reward. The attractive reward gives a boost to all starting relationships, and then there's a charisma skill challenge that gives another relationship boost that stacks on the attractive one once your Sim has met 25 other Sims. So by the time my Sims are YA, they instantly become friends with everyone they meet. So, if I rolled this rule, it would just be a matter of finding some Sim my heir had never met before and saying hi once a week.

ReyaD
4th Nov 2011, 4:45 AM
I do really like both of your ideas, Buckley.

The photogenic award would give me an excuse to overuse the photographers skill now that I finally know how to take photos. (Don't laugh, it was hard)

GigaRevival
4th Nov 2011, 5:01 AM
Oooh... I like the Photogenic one as well. I'm not too keen on the Popular one (because all my sims are hermits apparently), but it would certainly be a challenge if I decided to play it (which I probably would at least once to see if I like it).

As far as the new rule set by mimi (the "King's Rule" ?); I personally don't like it. Not because of the rule itself, its just I've experienced WAY too many glitches when it comes to hired help for me to actually be bothered to play it. Most times, my maids work for about two sim weeks and then they suddenly either 1.) stop working altogether or 2.) have sudden routing issues that weren't experienced before. Butlers work for me 50% of the time, so.... yeah. Long story short, it sounds fun in concept, but my game doesn't cooperate on that front.

But if we decide to implement it, I would just avoid it. It sounds like there's quite a few that want it or would be interested in it.

mimi250
4th Nov 2011, 9:43 AM
I haven't had any issues with the maids, bartenders and so on... only with the butler, he tended to leave after a week and sometimes after a few days.. But I use a mod which allows him to stay in the house permanently and be more expensive too (in the game his cost is almost cheaper than a simple maid). So I didn't know there could have glitches on them..

So, let's wait a bit other challenger's opinion to see if we keep this rule or not

Contrary to others I don't like the photogenic challenge. It can be very stressful, because the sim have to be skilled (at least 8 points for a portrait), and if there are 5 childrens at home I don't want my sim to stay stood up during a large part of his life painting all his children's stages of lives.

But I like the popular goal. :up:

CinderEmma
4th Nov 2011, 11:55 AM
Mimi, it would only be the heir that you would do the photogenic goal for. Plus, you could just use a camera and take the photo, no skills needed if you went that path.

teal_moonshine
4th Nov 2011, 12:01 PM
I'm about to start a new legacy, not the one with all the gods, that's going on hold until I get my own computer. Tossing up if I'll blog it or not...

calisims
4th Nov 2011, 1:15 PM
Blog it, teal. You know you want to....

I was assuming for the photogenic thing that even the smallest pictures an unskilled photographer can take with a camera, or even cell phone photos would be acceptable. I'd kind of require that, because I'm not rolling for my heirs, and might not choose the heir until they are children or teens, so that would mean having to get pictures of all babies/toddlers/children until the heir is chosen.

As for service NPCs, I rarely use them. (I actually don't play No Strangers anymore unless I roll it in a generation where not having babysitters would present a challenge. Because otherwise, I never use NPCs so having No Strangers is like rolling nothing for that generation) But the few times I've hired maids, they have never done laundry. They would move laundry from the washer to the dryer if my Sim started the laundry, but otherwise, they'd leave full hampers and never start a wash load. I once had a had butler, that did laundry, but I've seen other people report that their butlers didn't do laundry. I also had a butler that worked for one day, then started hanging out at the film studio lot all day, getting paid to not show up to my house. I had to send my Sim all the way over there to fire him. I can foresee a lot of problems with this rule because of service NPC's irregularities.

teal_moonshine
4th Nov 2011, 1:25 PM
The maids never do laundry for me either, picks up clothes to the various hampers, but never ACTUALLY launders...

And you're right, I know, deep down inside I want to blog... But I'm not a very serious person... This one will probably be a flood of pictures, very little story telling.

calisims
4th Nov 2011, 2:10 PM
Hey, teal, that's cool. we're good with any blogging style. Some of us are more wordy than others, but it's all good. I'd love to see your legacy pictures, so go ahead and blog.
*applies peer pressure*
Do it!

teal_moonshine
4th Nov 2011, 2:39 PM
Haha when ever I was peer pressured in high school, I had the suddern urge to do the opposite... Stubborn AND rebellious by NOT doing what everyone else was lol...

I would definitely not be very wordy with this legacy. Most likely it'll follow the lines of: 'This is Spot. See Spot run. Run Spot. Run'. I know, it's genius...

Buckley
4th Nov 2011, 3:26 PM
Teal- BLOG IT!! Please? Pretty, pretty please? Blogs don't have to be wordy. Mine can be, but I really, really like the observation style blogs. (More peer pressure!) :)

I love the photogenic idea. I only have one problem, and that's if you have multiple children and don't choose an heir until they are children or teens. But I guess you can just snap a small pic of all the kids as babies and toddlers until you've singled out an heir.
Yeah, that's why photographs would be allowed. Cause you don't have to skill photography very much (or at all really) to get a "portrait". Perhaps we could allow a re-roll if the player doesn't have World Adventures, just for situations like this. (I don't think you can display cell phone photographs, but I could be wrong about that.)

I was thinking though that we might want to change the rule so that at least one of the portraits of your heir has to be either a painted portrait, an ice sculpture, or a panorama photograph. It could be any of the age stages (or all of them if you're ambitious), but that way you couldn't get by with always only taking small photos. The rest of the portraits (of the partner and their children) could be the tiny photos, if you so desire.

The popular one sounds like it could be interesting. For me it would too easy to achieve after generation 1. I tend to send my teens to charisma class first thing, and give them the attractive reward. The attractive reward gives a boost to all starting relationships, and then there's a charisma skill challenge that gives another relationship boost that stacks on the attractive one once your Sim has met 25 other Sims. So by the time my Sims are YA, they instantly become friends with everyone they meet. So, if I rolled this rule, it would just be a matter of finding some Sim my heir had never met before and saying hi once a week.
Oops. I didn't even think about the charisma skill/instant friends issue. Hmm...

What if we changed it so that your heir (or partner) had to make a new best friend every week? Would that make it more challenging? Or is it also super easy to become best friends with those charisma skill relationship bonuses? Maybe we could make the Popular goal a miscellaneous fun. Those tend to be a bit easier/simpler than the generation goals.

Well, just a couple of ideas. Let me know what you all think. :)

calisims
4th Nov 2011, 4:12 PM
Yeah, iirc once you have 25 friends with the charisma skill bonus you make best friends easier as well. It could be an interesting Misc. fun. I don't think everyone abuses the charisma skill bonuses like I do, lol.

You can display cell phone pictures. I remember doing that in base game when those were the only photos we had. I haven't touched a camera since Generations glitched them, but I've heard the Pets patch has fixed that glitch. I agree that at least one portrait should be painted, or be a large photo or ice sculpture, to make the goal more challenging. I wouldn't go for panorama, though, just because they are super wide and not suitable for portraits generally speaking, but large portrait should be enough, as it requires several points of photo skill to unlock, like portrait painting.

@teal, when I was in high school, I was that weird girl who wore all black. Nobody bothered to peer pressure me into anything, lol.

KaiRuh
4th Nov 2011, 5:27 PM
I like the premise of Photogenic, but I don't really like that we'd do it at every stage. I think just obtaining a number of portraits, sculptures, and/or large photo portraits of the heir would be good. Maybe something like, you have to obtain three of those in any combination (three portraits, two portraits and a sculpture, one of each, etc.). It doesn't really make sense to me to have to get pictures/portraits/whatever of them when they're younger, because it's not even something that would matter to them until they're older, right? I think having to get something of their children too is good though.

I'm not a fan of Popular though. I'm the opposite of Cali, and mostly avoid the Charisma awards, lol. I usually only go after the acquaintance one that gives a small boost that I can easily raise to friend if I want it there. I like getting SP notifications on friends and I wouldn't want it clogged up with a bunch of Sims I don't care about.

ReyaD
4th Nov 2011, 5:35 PM
I like the change KaiRuh proposed. But I think at least some childhood photos would work for the goal. (After all, if they were photographed a lot as a kid they'd grow up expecting people to say they look beautiful and want to take more photos... not speaking from personal experience of course)

*Cough*

Update: 1.10 - Betrayal http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/110-betrayal.html

EDIT: Updated a short thing for Foster's Family Man Challenge as well. Just what I played with last night.

http://cecesims.blogspot.com/2011/11/foster-family-man-challenge-ch-2.html

If you guys don't want me to post the Family Man Challenge updates on here don't worry xD. I'll probably get bored with it once Foster hits 25 kids. (So far he's at 3 born with 6 active pregnancies)

Buckley
4th Nov 2011, 6:22 PM
I like that idea too KaiRuh, but I think it should be more than three portraits. Here is a different variation of the Photogenic rule:

Photogenic- Your Sim loves to be looked at and wants his/her beauty to be remembered for generations to come. Paint, photograph, or sculpt (ice sculpture) five portraits of your heir and display them in your house. If you choose to take photographs, they must be the "large portrait" or "panorama" size. At least one of these portraits needs to be of your heir during his/her childhood years (toddler, child, or teen). Also create one portrait of each of your heir's children (during any of the childhood stages) and your heir's partner (if applicable). All of the portraits can be taken down and removed after your heir dies, if you so desire. Re-roll if generation 1.

I said that all of the portraits have to be the "large" or "panorama" size photographs, but we can change that to just one of them, if y'all want. I wrote it that way because players who don't have the World Adventure EP will have to paint or sculpt, and it takes five skill points in painting before you can create a still life and six skill points in sculpting before you can make ice sculptures, so it seems fair that you'd have to have at least five point in photography (the minimum needed to create a "large portrait"). Also, I'm not sure how this goal would work for a generation one (especially if it was a single parent) because you wouldn't have anybody around to create the portraits, so I included the re-roll if generation 1 line. Let me know what y'all think. :)

As for the Popular challenge, if y'all don't love it we don't have to have it. I just thought that it might be a fun challenge, but it does have some issues.

CinderEmma
4th Nov 2011, 6:25 PM
I love both updates Cece :)
I personally love pictures of myself when I was a toddler. And baby pics too, though I think the larva can be omitted from the photographic goal XD

EDIT: I don't know if I like the addition of the heir's children and spouse in the rule, especially if the heir has 5 children. But I like the phrasing otherwise.

GigaRevival
4th Nov 2011, 6:27 PM
I like the re-wording, and since I'm now one of the those players without WA (it glitched too much so I uninstalled), it sounds more fair. Good job Buckley and everyone else that chipped in.

Miss Puff
4th Nov 2011, 6:40 PM
I like Buckley's Photogenic update, although I think you can take photos with the cell phone without WA, can't you? I think that might be necessary if you roll it for the first generation.

Example photo of Phoenix:
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/miss_puff/Sims/Keatts%20Random%20Legacy/PhoenixPhoto.jpg
:D

I like the Popular option too, as someone who's actually never messed with the charisma skill at all. I always forget that that's even an option, probably because I keep ending up with shy and loner sims. xD Also, it's made me get this song stuck in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_okUofqNgo

Buckley
4th Nov 2011, 6:41 PM
Emma, it wasn't an addition. I had that part written in when I originally posted the rule. But if y'all don't like it, it can always be removed. :)

So, I have been meaning to ask you guys a question about blogger. Y'alls photos always look better than mine (*cough* Becky), and I am wondering if it has something to do with how I re-size them. I crop them down a little bit in my photo editor program thing on my computer, and then I upload them to blogger and press the X-Large button. Is that what you all do? Or is there a different way to re-size them and blow them up more proportionately? (Am I even making any sense? Lol.)

EDIT: Yes, you're right about the cell phone photos Miss Puff. You can take them without WA; I was mistaken earlier. :) I also like the Popular roll (well, it was my idea, lol), but I can see why people would have issue with it. (The charisma skill in particular makes it fairly easy.)

ReyaD
4th Nov 2011, 6:43 PM
Also, it's made me get this song stuck in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_okUofqNgo

I love you. <3 That is all. I dressed up as Glinda two halloweens ago and got to sing that song at a party. Sooo much fun.

I like your most recent wording on the Photog goal, Buckley. I like the popular one too, but I personally wouldn't play it just because it would be too simple. But if you pushed it up to a new best friend every week I may not play it because then it would be too hard so... I dunno.

EDIT: I never crop or edit my photos. .-. I just add them into the chapter through blogger straight from my screenshots folders, paste in the captions/paragraphs and then press save or post.

GigaRevival
4th Nov 2011, 6:50 PM
Same with me regarding how I post pictures to blogger, but my pictures are crap anyways since I have to play the game on the lowest settings. *sad face*

AJH
4th Nov 2011, 6:55 PM
I like that idea too KaiRuh, but I think it should be more than three portraits. Here is a different variation of the Photogenic rule:

Photogenic- Your Sim loves to be looked at and wants his/her beauty to be remembered for generations to come. Paint, photograph, or sculpt (ice sculpture) five portraits of your heir and display them in your house. If you choose to take photographs, they must be the "large portrait" or "panorama" size. At least one of these portraits needs to be of your heir during his/her childhood years (toddler, child, or teen). Also create one portrait of each of your heir's children (during any of the childhood stages) and your heir's partner (if applicable). All of the portraits can be taken down and removed after your heir dies, if you so desire. Re-roll if generation 1
Love this photogenic rule :D

Not sure about the popular rule but think the "kings life" rule is an interesting idea with some amendment - will give some thought to that one...

KaiRuh
4th Nov 2011, 7:20 PM
I think the updated Photogenic rule is great too. :)

I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe for A King's Life, if the hired help is too glitchy for you to use, you could have a live-in housekeeper? They obviously wouldn't be able to help bring money into the household in any way, including opportunities, but would just be there to cook and clean and take care of the children. And if that wouldn't work for you either due to space issues, you could re-roll. I guess they would need to move out once the heir comes of age. I think that opens up room for some nice storylines too.

calisims
4th Nov 2011, 7:20 PM
I love the rewording of the photogenic rule. It's more flexible.

As for blogger pics, I crop mine to get the shot framed as I want it. If the pic is still larger than 600 pixels wide after cropping, I resize to something between 500 to 600 pixels wide. Then when posting to blogger, I choose 'original size', so I'm getting exactly what I expect.

Miss Puff
4th Nov 2011, 7:25 PM
I upload my pictures to photobucket then link to them from there. I use Gimp to resize them first, from 1920x1080 to 1024x576, because the pictures my game takes are over one MB each, so it would take them forever to upload them otherwise. I always thought your pictures looked pretty good, though, Buckley.

NutsAndDolts
4th Nov 2011, 8:11 PM
Chapter 45.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-45-fancy-free.html

It's short. I have better pics of Scarlett for next update, whenever that rolls around.

CinderEmma
4th Nov 2011, 8:31 PM
I always just upload my pictures onto blogger and resize to x-large. I just like unity in my pictures XD

NutsAndDolts
4th Nov 2011, 9:15 PM
I crop my pics in MS Paint, then save as 24-bit bitmap.

Step 2, I use a program called formati to resize them and save to JPG.

This means I delete the original picture, as well as the bitmap, and am left with the 3rd pic to upload.

CinderEmma
5th Nov 2011, 2:27 AM
Wow, nobody is on Friday nights, I guess I'm the only one without a life XD

NutsAndDolts
5th Nov 2011, 2:49 AM
I'm here. Blogger won't let me upload pictures. :<

CinderEmma
5th Nov 2011, 2:52 AM
*shakes fist at Blogger for you*
I have a bunch uploaded on a update, but they didn't upload in order. So I'm sorting them, bah. There's like 30 of them, and I'm having troubling sorting them because they look similar (because it's really 2-3 biggish scenes)

Buckley
5th Nov 2011, 2:53 AM
I'm here too, lol. Blogger won't let me upload either!!! SO MAD!

I wanted to get my first update in like 3 weeks out tonight, but so much for that. Damn blogger.

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 3:09 AM
I'm here too, lol. Blogger won't let me upload either!!! SO MAD!

I wanted to get my first update in like 3 weeks out tonight, but so much for that. Damn blogger.

NOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU BLOGGER! DAMN YOU!

On the upside the twins are finally YA in my game. And Nadira is friggin perfect.

EDIT: yeah I'm out with friends right now. I just logged on to check if storyteller results were posted yet... And they're not. *sulk*

Buckley
5th Nov 2011, 3:58 AM
So, blogger started working for me again, and I got all the photos I needed for this update uploaded. Except one. And now it's broken again. :(

Seriously, why do the Internet gods hate me?!

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 4:02 AM
They don't like to be called gods... I believe the correct terminology is Overlords. :jest:

I hope blogger gets its shi& together soon; I want to read updates! And you know, get my own chapter finished (yeah right).

Edit: I *just* uploaded a couple of pictures now, so perhaps it is fixed?

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 4:06 AM
“Oh great. So one of the Red Bandit’s princesses wants to be like mommy, right? Sorry kid, if you want this job its going to take a lot more than a pout and some jailbait shoulder action.” <-- My offer to the internet gods.

... Seriously though. It is actually a spoiler. Don't click it, Buckley. (Psh. Yeah)

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 4:08 AM
^I think I know who that is referring to. :giggler:

CinderEmma
5th Nov 2011, 4:15 AM
Love the spoiler :)
And I'm done trying to edit my chapter, too tired of looking at pictures and my sims' unhappy faces :(

Buckley
5th Nov 2011, 4:18 AM
And I'm done trying to edit my chapter, too tired of looking at pictures and my sims' unhappy faces :(
Maybe if you gave us a cheerful chapter? ;)

I got the picture uploaded. Now I just have to write the rest of it, hah. I probably shouldn't have even said anything... :)

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 4:21 AM
... Cheerful chapter? Wussat mean?

D : Why do you test me like this, Buckley? Breakin' mah heart.

Miss Puff
5th Nov 2011, 4:28 AM
I need two more pictures in order to finish my next chapter, but I just don't feel like playing any more tonight. >< Maybe over the weekend I'll try and play enough to work up a buffer so I don't keep taking so long between updates.

CinderEmma
5th Nov 2011, 4:42 AM
I have no cheerful chapters left, I swear XD I mean, the closest thing I got is Tylar coming, and the drama that follows is not cheerful XD
And Cece, she's talking about me sulking at my sad simmies :P

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 5:05 AM
My chapters are cheerful if you're a sadist... >_> Maybe.

I dunno. I always try to throw at least a bit of humour into chapters. Either tragedy or humour. Pretty sure those are the only two mediums I know.

CyyKosis
5th Nov 2011, 5:15 AM
Emma, I noticed that if you upload straight from your computer to blogger, before adding them (but after uploading them) if you deselect all of them and then just select them in the order you want, then they'll show up that way which now saves me a crap ton of time when I update.

And Buckley, hurry up on that update ;)

Buckley
5th Nov 2011, 5:40 AM
It's been exactly 2.5 weeks since my last update. And now I'm really nervous about posting this new one, cause I don't want y'all to bring out the pitchforks and torches.

Oh well. Here it is. Chapter 13: Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

http://themckinleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-13-two-steps-forward-one-step.html

(The title represents my frustration caused by lag and glitches. I'm not sure if it suits the chapter though, lol.)

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 5:41 AM
I concur Buckley. I want MOAR updates from you. ; ) <-- :rofl: Beat me to it, you sneaky sneaky girl.

I have about six or seven pictures until I'm done with my last chapter in Anne Arbor. Hallelujah.

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 6:13 AM
Holy crap Buckley updated. ITS THE END OF THE WOOOORLD! EVERYBODY RUUUUN.

So I've decided to patch tomorrow. In the morning. If everything goes to shit then I'll cave in and go buy the Pets EP and just never touch anything in it. (Yes I will spend $40 just to get Nick and River and Tearney's siblings into my game.)

CinderEmma
5th Nov 2011, 6:13 AM
Emma, I noticed that if you upload straight from your computer to blogger, before adding them (but after uploading them) if you deselect all of them and then just select them in the order you want, then they'll show up that way which now saves me a crap ton of time when I update.

And Buckley, hurry up on that update ;)I think that's what I did, but next time I'll try it again. Usually I do one or two pictures at a time, I might just stick with that XD

Question, I'm working with making one and two channel patterns, but there are so many patterns already on MTS. Should I even bother? I just want some normal stuff in my game, so much is patterns that I would never personally use.

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 6:40 AM
I just had the first glimpse of Harper and Cedric's first kiddo... and uh, I'm not too sure how pretty their kids will be. This could very well be my FUG generation. *bites nails* I guess half-Asians and redheads aren't the best mix.

CinderEmma
5th Nov 2011, 6:53 AM
If you have Pets installed, you can always make a plot line with the teenager going in for surgery :)

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 6:58 AM
That's certainly a good point Emma. I guess all of their chillun's will be plastic surgery nuts, since I know I can't deal with a constant source of ugly plaguing my legacy. >>I'm superficial<<

He/She (don't wanna ruin the "surprise") is only a toddler right now and since I thought both Olive and Mar were going to be ug-tron at that age too, I'll just calm my concerns until it ages... I'm crossing my fingers though; I've been marginally lucky so far.

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 7:51 AM
Nadi toddler: Oh god. I'm going to die... maybe it isn't too late to switch over to Gina for the heir...

Nadi child: Oh god that NOSE. Maybe if I pick a right hair... *20 minutes later* Ugh. best I could do.

Nadi Teen: ... Okay at least the hair style is better...

Nadi YA: HOLY CRAP WHEN DID YOU GET PRETTY? O_O

Moral of the story: I'm sure (s)he'll be fine, Giga. But if not... there's always plastic surgery!

Lol so Crissy Dennis-Cornett and Dennis Luz-Enmity got married. Now he's Dennis Dennis-Enmity. I giggled.

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 9:50 AM
Ha. That's great!

And I certainly hope so. I seem to go through this every generation, but ya' know... still get worried. [Especially with Olive... dear lord, was I scared of the potential monster she would grow into].

teal_moonshine
5th Nov 2011, 1:01 PM
On Monday I'm gonna go buy all the missing EPs and SPs, cos I'm temporarily rich... THEN I'll get onto my legacy...

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 5:15 PM
Frack it I'm buying pets.

Update: 1.11 - Little Butterfly http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/111-little-butterfly.html

First of the kids are born, and the last official chapter for gen 2.

AlmaDelCore20
5th Nov 2011, 6:07 PM
Oh, the terror of possibly getting ugly kids. xD When Glynnis suddenly appeared and had Alan Stanley's horrendous pig-like nose I about started sobbing. I was like "WHY IS THE FIRST CHILD THE UGLIEST?! MAYBE RHI'S UGLY TOO. ;A;"

And then Tiara and Athena and Naomi came and all grew into teenagers and my head exploded from how gorgeous they were. xD And Glynnis's nose eventually grew on me like any quirk.

I do still secretly have this fear that somewhere down the line every heir is going to become ugly. >.>

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 6:11 PM
Why do you think I started downloading CC hairs? They distract from fug features xD. A good hair can do wonders for a sim.

Also: In the middle of patching. Sister says I look like I'm about to faint. Pleeeaaaase don't kill my game.

EDIT: Patch downloaded, said some files were modified then told me to re-install. Opened game up again and the patch pop-up... popped up. What I do?

AlmaDelCore20
5th Nov 2011, 6:32 PM
http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-13-life-moves-on.html

New chapter~!

And I have no idea, Reya. DDD8 I hope it gets figured out soon!

CinderEmma
5th Nov 2011, 9:42 PM
Me too Cece, have you tried the help section? Maybe somebody there has experienced that?

calisims
5th Nov 2011, 9:45 PM
Chapter 28 is up:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-28-family-gatherings.html

Plus, more pics in Out Takes. Some kitty spam, some not.

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 9:47 PM
Nah I just pouted until daddy gave me $60 and went out to go buy the Pets EP. Lesse how long it is before I break down and do something I regret... (like adopting an animal).

Please don't brok on me Neverglade <3. I just friggin started Nadi's plotline.

Game is downloaded, patch has been... patched, and the Quill-Archer's have been downloaded as well. *Cap-> Sideways* Let's do this.

EDIT: *Screech to a halt* F- that. Reading Melissa's update first.

calisims
5th Nov 2011, 10:29 PM
I hope you get Pets installed okay, Cece.

Buckley
5th Nov 2011, 10:52 PM
I hope this doesn't sound pushy or whatever, but does anyone have any objections to the re-written Photogenic goal? Here's a reminder of the rule:

Photogenic- Your Sim loves to be looked at and wants his/her beauty to be remembered for generations to come. Paint, photograph, or sculpt (ice sculpture) five portraits of your heir and display them in your house. If you choose to take photographs, they must be the "large portrait" or "panorama" size. At least one of these portraits needs to be of your heir during his/her childhood years (toddler, child, or teen). Also create one portrait of each of your heir's children (during any of the childhood stages) and your heir's partner (if applicable). All of the portraits can be taken down and removed after your heir dies, if you so desire. Re-roll if generation 1.

If no one has any changes/objections, then can Melissa add it to the official random blog thing? (Sorry, I've never suggested a new rule before so I'm not exactly sure what the protocol is. :))

Also, did we ever reach a consensus about the Popular miscellaneous fun goal or the King's Life goal that Mimi suggested? I don't really remember, lol. Oh, and this is from a while back, but what about those 10 generation legacy goals that Mimi came up with? Did we decide to add those to the Optional rules section or not? (Again, my memory fails me.)

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 10:56 PM
Whoa. What were the 10 generation legacy goals? Did I somehow miss that? *goes searching through the thread*

calisims
5th Nov 2011, 11:05 PM
I think the Photogenic rule was pretty popular, so I'll go ahead and add that.
I'm not sure if we reached consensus on the others. I have no objections to the popularity one, though I would find it kind of easy. But then, I find tattoo addict equally easy and I get that one a lot. So if we can get a final opinion on that, I can post that one tomorrow.
The King's life rule was kind of split in opinions, and we hadn't come up with a solution for service NPCs that don't do their job. (It's hardly a King's Life if your dirty laundry is piling up and the NPC maid won't clean it for you, lol)

ETA: Photogenic added to goals.

GigaRevival
5th Nov 2011, 11:17 PM
Popularity=meh. I wouldn't be against it, if we decided to add it though.

King's Rule=No, from me. I already stated my negative experience with glitched NPC's, so that's my reasoning behind that.
*Mimi did bring up a potential workaround of moving in a housekeeper that wouldn't bring in any income... At least I hope she did or I'm severely mis-quoting her. >preemptive apology<

ReyaD
5th Nov 2011, 11:44 PM
I was goanna post this cute photo of toddler Cho playing with a kitty and a caption that says "Maybe this EP isn't so bad"... but then I decided I didn't want to spoil what she looks like.

But yeah. The EP works. Haven't tried Nick and River yet but the game actually let me download them this time so I'm not worried. <3 So happy right now.

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 12:09 AM
Alright guys, I want everybody to do me a small favour. It's not much to do, but it'll make reading the legacies on my phone a whole bunch easier! (Everybody is using Blogger right now, right?)
Go to design, then settings, then email & mobile. Then there's an option at the top of the section to use a mobile format for those who are on phones and stuff. PRESS YES! Please, it makes it easier to read legacies on my phone!
*hugs everybody who does this*

Photogenic = Yes, Popularity = no, King's Life = no (maids are too lazy)

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 12:23 AM
Sorry Emma I won't be doing that and I'd ask other people not to as well. I read almost all the legacies on my phone while on my way to or from school and it just gives me such a headache when I hit a legacy that has the mobile format activated. It's so different from what I'm used to and I end up switching through pages without meaning to which costs me money for internet use.

But thats just my two cents.

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 12:43 AM
It just takes so looooong to load some of them, Giga's in particular was giving me trouble. I'm not removing it from mine (I find it easier to reread them in that format for mistakes), but I guess if it's a problem for others I'll just have to live with it.

GigaRevival
6th Nov 2011, 12:52 AM
Eeep. Sorry about that Emma. I wasn't aware you were even reading mine.

It's not necessarily a problem for me to switch over, I'm just familiar with the original format. It's easier for me to do editing via my mobile that way. ;) Different strokes, for different folks I guess. <---my mind is a cesspool, seriously. :faceslap:

Buckley
6th Nov 2011, 1:05 AM
Thanks for adding that Melissa. :)

I don't want the King's Life goal, but I could go either way on the Popular goal. (Lol, yes I know it was my idea, but if it bothers other people then I don't want to add it.)

Giga, about 50 pages ago Mimi threw out the idea that there should be an optional goal that spans over the course of all 10 generations. Here was her original post:

I would want to propose a new rule

I thought the last evening about introducing 2 ways for the challenge, the player would have 2 choice

1) playing the challenge in the casual way, the one everyone knows
2) the casual way too, BUT your family would have to let a print on each generation. For instance:

- At the end of the 10th generation, have a picture of every heir (so 10 pictures)
or -Raise a family of horses (or cat or dog..) until your 10th generation and put a picture (or do a portrait) of every favorite pet at each generation.
or -Have a pink diamond (or any kind of rare gem) of every cut at the 10th generation (we assume you can have 2 of the same size as there are only 8 cuts available in game)
or -Learn a skill that will stay in the family and achieve the journal skill for each generation
or - Write a very good romantic book at every generation, you are allowed to sell it even if you haven't got writers in your family

It may be other things, but the idea is to let a print that will make your family unique in town.
I personally quite liked the idea of having an optional overarching goal that spans all 10 generations, although if I recall there were definitely some issues that needed to be worked out. I'm going to throw out a revised edition of Mimi's idea. (Becky and Melissa, I stole idea #3 from you guys. :))

Optional Goals for Multiple Generations:

1. Remember the Past- Historians document the famous faces of the past, and your family doesn't want to be forgotten. Create a portrait of each of your 10 heirs and hang them within your house. These portraits can be painted, sculpted, or photographed.

2. Pet People-

Idea A: Some people just love animals, and this quality seems to run strong in your Sims. Keep a family of dogs, cats, or horses for all 10 generations of your legacy family.

Idea B: Some people just love animals, and this quality seems to run strong in your Sims. Raise a family of dogs, cats, or horses for 10 generations. (So, have a 10 generation family of dogs, cats, or horses.) Depending on the life span of your Sims and your animal of choice, this goal will not last for all 10 generations of your legacy.

3. Hall of Fame- Your family's accomplishments are so important that they deserve a house of their very own. Create a museum that catalogs the achievements of your legacy family. For each heir, create one portrait (painting, sculpture, or photograph) and hang it in the museum. Also, display and showcase your heirs' various accomplishments from their high school diplomas to their achievement awards (certificates of level 10 skills and career related trophies). If your heir has created any masterpieces in their line of work or relating to their hobbies, these can also be added to the museum. For example, if your Sim is an author, add a bookshelf to the museum to hold all their novels, or if they were an artist hang up a few of their paintings. Along with their portrait, each heir needs to be somehow represented within the museum. This can be related to your heir's career (as explained earlier) or their hobbies or traits.

The museum must be built on a lot outside your Sim's home. It can be as small or large as you wish, but must be created (or at least started) before your fourth generation takes over. Furthermore, if you decide to move your family to a new town after you've already built the museum, you can either:

A) Take all the objects and portraits from your museum and put them in a new museum in your new neighborhood.

B) Save your museum to the bin and place the entire lot in your new neighborhood.

C) Start a new museum in your new neighborhood and leave all the old memorabilia behind.

4. Skilled- Perfection is the aim, and skilling is the game. Each of your 10 heirs need to learn and max a different skill unrelated to their careers. For each generation, choose a skill to have your heir focus on in their spare time. These skills can overlap from generation to generation if necessary. So, even if your generation 1 heir chooses to max the charisma skill for example, you are still free to choose that skill for any future generation. Mixing up the different skills is encouraged but not required.

5. Wish Upon A (Different) Star- Shoot for the stars, or in the case of your family a new star for a new generation. Each of your 10 heirs must fulfill their lifetime wish. Furthermore, each of their wishes must be different than any other heir's lifetime wish.

6. Real Estate Powerhouse- Your family dreams of owning every building in town. For every generation, your heir must purchase a new property around town. These can be venues or rabbitholes, and you are free to collect money off of them and improve them. Try to relate which building your heir purchases with their personality. A bookworm might buy the library whereas a family oriented Sim might be interested in a playground. A grumpy Sim might want to purchase the graveyard. When you buy venues, try to customize and personalize the property to the tastes of that generation.

As optional goals, failing to meet one of these requirements does not mean you fail the challenge. These are simply ideas to make your legacy a bit more difficult and interesting.

Okay. Those were my ideas for that. I don't know if anybody would even be interested in having multiple generation goals, but I think it could (potentially) be a fun idea. I'm sure there are several holes in the goals that I thought of though, so pick away! :)

Oh, and if y'all don't even want multi-generation goals (or no one will use them, lol) then don't worry about saying so. My feelings won't be hurt. :)

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 1:18 AM
6. Real Estate Powerhouse- Your family dreams of owning every building in town. For every generation, your heir must purchase a new property around town. These can be venues or rabbitholes, and you are free to collect money off of them and improve them. Try to relate which building your heir purchases with their personality. A bookworm might buy the library whereas a family oriented Sim might be interested in a playground. A grumpy Sim might want to purchase the graveyard. When you buy venues, try to customize and personalize the property to the tastes of that generation.

Lol I had that by the end of the Starr Legacy. I was going to put it for my awesome but then totally forgot about it. *Facepalm*

I really like all the ideas, Buckley. But my favourites would have to be Hall of Fame. Makes me think of Becky. <3

Buckley
6th Nov 2011, 1:39 AM
That was my favorite too Cece. And I totally stole the idea from her. :) (And Melissa, although it's more closely related to Becky's museum.)

GigaRevival
6th Nov 2011, 1:18 AM
Thanks for that Buckley! It did sound vaguely familiar.

I like the Hall of Fame as well... and Remember the Past because I *always* forget to take pictures of my heirs.

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 1:22 AM
Wether or not it gets passed I think I'm going to play Hall of Fame. Nadi's generation rolled Property Mogul and I'm at a loss for which third property they should buy.

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 2:07 AM
... It's Saturday night and I'm at home curled up in a blanket waiting for someone to say something interesting.

TALK PEOPLE.

NutsAndDolts
6th Nov 2011, 2:22 AM
Blah blah.

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 2:29 AM
Thank you, Becky. I truly appreciate the effort.

teal_moonshine
6th Nov 2011, 2:39 AM
Has nothing to do with Sims but I met 2 awesome Canadian guys at work yesterday?

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 2:41 AM
I'm sorry, Neopets has been calling me all night XD I kind of like the live in housekeeper idea, but I would be SOOOOO tempted to make illicit affairs with the maid XD

We're getting close to 7000 posts, cool!

Buckley
6th Nov 2011, 3:01 AM
Has nothing to do with Sims but I met 2 awesome Canadian guys at work yesterday?
I wish I could meet two awesome Australian guys at my work. ;) Too bad the only guys at my workplace are two years old. (I work at a daycare. Blah. Children.)

You might find this amusing teal. My sister and I were having this discussion yesterday. Why is it that guys who have an Australian accent are SO GODDAMN SEXY?! Seriously. I hear them talk and I just want to throw myself at them. And rip their clothes off.

...Sorry, I'll keep it PG. BUT WHY?!!!! :D

P.S. This relates to sims because, um... :)

KaiRuh
6th Nov 2011, 3:03 AM
I gave this as a possible solution for the King's Life goal, but it got stuck at the end of a page so I guess nobody saw it:
I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe for A King's Life, if the hired help is too glitchy for you to use, you could have a live-in housekeeper? They obviously wouldn't be able to help bring money into the household in any way, including opportunities, but would just be there to cook and clean and take care of the children. And if that wouldn't work for you either due to space issues, you could re-roll. I guess they would need to move out once the heir comes of age. I think that opens up room for some nice storylines too.

I'm a no for popular, by the way.

I like all of those ideas, Buckley. I'd use them.

Miss Puff
6th Nov 2011, 3:04 AM
I'm working on an update right now, so I could say something interesting here, or I could post that in a few minutes. :D

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 3:09 AM
Buckley if you like them aussies come visit vancouver and Whistler. Whistler's seriously about 80% Aussie.

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 3:13 AM
I love most accents, especially when it's one I can't idenifiy right away.
I have to say, while Chase from House is hot, House himself is the one I want to jump through the screen and kiss like crazy. He may be older, but he's so hot!!! *giggles* (And I'm talking about House, the tv show)

teal_moonshine
6th Nov 2011, 3:15 AM
I'd say it's because 1. They really are super good looking, 2. As much as we aren't a small island or anything, we're kinda exotic, you know, island, far away, not easy to get to... And 3. They're sexy.

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 3:36 AM
If we're talking about sexy I personally just adore them latinos. <3 They're great lovers and will always get the girl they want. Unfortunately then they find another girl they want and promptly forget about the first one. So... warning girls. Never fall in love with a Latino.

Miss Puff
6th Nov 2011, 3:44 AM
Well, my update's done, but I'm stuck thinking up a name for the chapter. >< It looks like you're all busy distracting yourself with men with accents, anyway, so I guess there's no rush. >.>

EDIT: Okay, here it is! Chapter Eight: Patience (http://keattslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-eight-patience.html).

Also, I just notice that my upload got approved! It's here, if anyone's interested (it fixes one of the toddler tops from Generations): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=460068

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 3:54 AM
I saw it :) Good job, though I won't install until all my sim problems go away :/
I deciding I'm making my patterns from scratch, oh my! I got a lacy stripy pattern (geometic for sure) going right now, I want to make a glitter pattern, denim pattern, knitted pattern, and a few other cool ideas floating in my head :) It'll probably take about a month or so to do I think, wish me luck :)

EDIT: AND my pattern hates me. I can't get it to be the same at the end, I don't know what to do *smacks pattern* I'll leave it for morning, but just curious if any of you guys are good with patterns (so I can sponge off your knowledge :P)

calisims
6th Nov 2011, 12:42 PM
For the King rule, I think having a live in Sim that just does housework trivializes the challenge. If you have a Sim on hand that you can direct to do the housework, and has nothing else to do all day but the housework, where's the challenge?

The response to the popularity option seems to range from meh to no thanks, so I'm thinking we'll drop it.

The list of 10 generation goals looks interesting. Some individual goals may need tweaking or more consideration.

Buckley
6th Nov 2011, 3:21 PM
The response to the popularity option seems to range from meh to no thanks, so I'm thinking we'll drop it.
Yeah, let's drop it then. :)

The list of 10 generation goals looks interesting. Some individual goals may need tweaking or more consideration.
Hah, I'm sure most of them do. I just came up with those six goals as a way to get the discussion going again about multiple generation challenges. Which goals do you think need to be tweaked or removed?

Also, I'd love to hear other people's ideas for multiple generation goals, if anyone wants to suggest some. :)

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 5:40 PM
Update! We're on Gen 2, people!

2.1 - All Fired Up http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/21-all-fired-up.html

I really am quite happy with how the twins grew up, and soooo happy with how Cho came out. 2.2 is pretty much 70% toddler CHo photo spam... so just warning you early.

I think I need to bump up my rating. Lots of swearing now that Nadi's grown up.

Buckley
6th Nov 2011, 7:41 PM
Did y'all know that there is an option to woohoo in the hay stacks that come with Pets?! I had no idea! They get this cute little moodlet afterward that says "Rolled in the Hay". I lol'ed.

Elijah and Scarlet doing the deed:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/31589_111106143629Screenshot-143.jpg
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/31591_111106143706Screenshot-149.jpg
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/31592_111106143719Screenshot-159.jpg

I always enjoy finding new places for my Sims to woohoo. ;) That definitely has some storytelling potential right there. (Does anything say teenage pregnancy like a romp in the haystack? LOL.)

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 8:36 PM
xD Buckley that's hilarious! I'll definitely have to find a place for that in my legacy...

... But I can't imagine that a romp in the haystacks would be comfortable. O_o

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 8:42 PM
The list of 10 generation goals looks interesting. Some individual goals may need tweaking or more consideration.I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've only seen King's Life, Photogenic, and Popular rules being offered, where is this new list!?!

Miss Puff
6th Nov 2011, 9:21 PM
Here's the list, Emma: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3690931#post3690931

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 9:31 PM
Thanks Miss Puff :) I think I was too cranky from trying to read Giga's legacy (note to self: start reading it, just not on my phone XD) to see it. I love all of them except #6, I don't really like the easy profits from the venues, and sometimes, especially in a CC town, THERE ARE GAZILLIONS OF VENUES. Brooklyn Heights, especially my modified version (more lots, less empty apartment shells), has a bunch XD

Miss Puff
6th Nov 2011, 10:17 PM
I agree, I was just reading over the list again and that's the only one I could think of any problems with. What if we weren't allowed to collect the money from them? Would that defeat the purpose? Maybe we can only collect the money if we also roll Property Mogul for the generation goal? I dunno, just an idea.

Also, I don't think you actually need to buy all of them, I think that was just flavor text and you just need to buy one per generation.

EDIT: I just realized Emma that yours is one of the blogs I haven't read yet! I think I keep overlooking it because it starts with M and there are a bunch of legacies that start with M so I don't remember which ones are the ones I've read already. xD

Buckley
6th Nov 2011, 11:03 PM
Lol Miss Puff. Flavor text, hah. Yeah, that just me trying to be cute. The way I intended for that goal to read (and obviously failed miserably, lol) was that you only have to purchase one property for each generation. I don't know why I added the bit about collecting money from it. Honestly, if I did that goal I wouldn't collect money off of the property, just cause it makes it more challenging that way (and I'm rarely hurting for cash anyway). I agree that we probably shouldn't allow people to collect from their investments.

The purpose of that goal was less about the cost of the property and more about improving your town through the interests of your heirs. What I mean is, I thought it might be fun for each heir to buy a different venue and then have the player dress it up based on their heir's personal style and traits. I realize that not everyone would want to go to all that work, so I didn't explicitly write it that way. But that was kind of my idea behind #6.

CinderEmma
6th Nov 2011, 11:06 PM
I don't think you've commented, so you probably haven't read it. YAY, another reader :D (Whenever you get a chance of course!)

ReyaD
6th Nov 2011, 11:34 PM
Y'know I'll be honest. I think Pets is worth it just for the new clothes. Such beautiful outfits. <3

AlmaDelCore20
6th Nov 2011, 11:52 PM
Update~!

http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-14-love-and-lack-thereof.html

Thanks again for that idea, Cece. ;D

NutsAndDolts
7th Nov 2011, 12:49 AM
Chapter 46 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-46-arjun-vs-dracula.html

The plot crawls along... slowly...

ReyaD
7th Nov 2011, 7:13 AM
So Nadi's pregnant with the child who I want to be heir and out of curiosity I went into CAS to play with Nadi and the father's genetics. What do I get? Fugly kids.

Oh gooosh... I think this is retribution for being so smug about my previous heirs.

mimi250
7th Nov 2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for adding that Melissa. :)

I don't want the King's Life goal, but I could go either way on the Popular goal. (Lol, yes I know it was my idea, but if it bothers other people then I don't want to add it.)

Giga, about 50 pages ago Mimi threw out the idea that there should be an optional goal that spans over the course of all 10 generations. Here was her original post:

I personally quite liked the idea of having an optional overarching goal that spans all 10 generations, although if I recall there were definitely some issues that needed to be worked out. I'm going to throw out a revised edition of Mimi's idea. (Becky and Melissa, I stole idea #3 from you guys. :))

Optional Goals for Multiple Generations:

1. Remember the Past- Historians document the famous faces of the past, and your family doesn't want to be forgotten. Create a portrait of each of your 10 heirs and hang them within your house. These portraits can be painted, sculpted, or photographed.

2. Pet People-

Idea A: Some people just love animals, and this quality seems to run strong in your Sims. Keep a family of dogs, cats, or horses for all 10 generations of your legacy family.

Idea B: Some people just love animals, and this quality seems to run strong in your Sims. Raise a family of dogs, cats, or horses for 10 generations. (So, have a 10 generation family of dogs, cats, or horses.) Depending on the life span of your Sims and your animal of choice, this goal will not last for all 10 generations of your legacy.

3. Hall of Fame- Your family's accomplishments are so important that they deserve a house of their very own. Create a museum that catalogs the achievements of your legacy family. For each heir, create one portrait (painting, sculpture, or photograph) and hang it in the museum. Also, display and showcase your heirs' various accomplishments from their high school diplomas to their achievement awards (certificates of level 10 skills and career related trophies). If your heir has created any masterpieces in their line of work or relating to their hobbies, these can also be added to the museum. For example, if your Sim is an author, add a bookshelf to the museum to hold all their novels, or if they were an artist hang up a few of their paintings. Along with their portrait, each heir needs to be somehow represented within the museum. This can be related to your heir's career (as explained earlier) or their hobbies or traits.

The museum must be built on a lot outside your Sim's home. It can be as small or large as you wish, but must be created (or at least started) before your fourth generation takes over. Furthermore, if you decide to move your family to a new town after you've already built the museum, you can either:

A) Take all the objects and portraits from your museum and put them in a new museum in your new neighborhood.

B) Save your museum to the bin and place the entire lot in your new neighborhood.

C) Start a new museum in your new neighborhood and leave all the old memorabilia behind.

4. Skilled- Perfection is the aim, and skilling is the game. Each of your 10 heirs need to learn and max a different skill unrelated to their careers. For each generation, choose a skill to have your heir focus on in their spare time. These skills can overlap from generation to generation if necessary. So, even if your generation 1 heir chooses to max the charisma skill for example, you are still free to choose that skill for any future generation. Mixing up the different skills is encouraged but not required.

5. Wish Upon A (Different) Star- Shoot for the stars, or in the case of your family a new star for a new generation. Each of your 10 heirs must fulfill their lifetime wish. Furthermore, each of their wishes must be different than any other heir's lifetime wish.

As optional goals, failing to meet one of these requirements does not mean you fail the challenge. These are simply ideas to make your legacy a bit more difficult and interesting.

Okay. Those were my ideas for that. I don't know if anybody would even be interested in having multiple generation goals, but I think it could (potentially) be a fun idea. I'm sure there are several holes in the goals that I thought of though, so pick away! :)

Oh, and if y'all don't even want multi-generation goals (or no one will use them, lol) then don't worry about saying so. My feelings won't be hurt. :)

Thanks Buckley, for having thrown out my idea and made new proposals.. I like your ideas :gjob:

I wasn't there to follow the last messages.. I was trying to manage with my game. My second random legacy family since Pets crashs again :faceslap: . I had started over a new random legacy in AP again, and I think now that I've an issue in AP (I'm not the only one). I'm testing my game in SV and no troubles until now, but I've to test longer (at least 2 weeks) to know if I'll be able to move my family there.. But all these glitches are very annoying. I love this EP but I haven't been able to play quietly until now :help:

It seems that EA will release a patch very soon. I hope it'll solve my troubles in AP.

About the King's life rule, we can let it down if it's so controversial. Mainly because there are glitches on NPC for most of us and that it's really stressful to play with glitches (even minor).. I know it, particularly now :rolleyes:

calisims
7th Nov 2011, 12:36 PM
Lol Miss Puff. Flavor text, hah. Yeah, that just me trying to be cute. The way I intended for that goal to read (and obviously failed miserably, lol) was that you only have to purchase one property for each generation. I don't know why I added the bit about collecting money from it. Honestly, if I did that goal I wouldn't collect money off of the property, just cause it makes it more challenging that way (and I'm rarely hurting for cash anyway). I agree that we probably shouldn't allow people to collect from their investments.

Well, we already allow players to invest freely in venues and rabbitholes and collect the income from that, so we couldn't turn around and forbid it if they rolled this rule.

Buckley
7th Nov 2011, 1:49 PM
Well, we already allow players to invest freely in venues and rabbitholes and collect the income from that, so we couldn't turn around and forbid it if they rolled this rule.
Oh whoops. I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. :)

Also, I noticed that you mentioned "rolled". My original impression of the multiple generation goals was that the player would get to choose which one they wanted to pursue. I mean, I realize that's not really "random", but I'd hate for someone to get stuck with a goal that they just hated, especially since some of them run for all 10 generations. What do y'all think?

calisims
7th Nov 2011, 2:50 PM
I just assumed since everything else is rolled that this category would be, too. But since it's an optional category, we could make it a free choice.

We might go and do the same for the optional pet rolls. Because, as mimi mentioned, Perfectionist for Pets isn't really working. I've been trying to test it with my cat Frenzy, and I don't think it will possible to complete all the skill challenges. I'm not even sure she'll get one of them done. So if we drop that, that leaves 3 pet goals to roll...not much variety there. So it might be better to just let players pick one if they feel like doing one with their pets.

CyyKosis
7th Nov 2011, 4:31 PM
I agree, Melissa, there were so few pet goals to begin with anyway. I vote to make them a choice.

ReyaD
7th Nov 2011, 4:35 PM
I like the idea of making the 10-gen and pet rolls choosable. (I was going to do that anyway >_>)

Update!

2.2 - Filler with a Bit of Plot http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/22-filler-with-bit-of-plot.html

My titles are so awesome.

And the twins and Malinda have been uploaded onto the RL exchange.

CinderEmma
7th Nov 2011, 4:35 PM
Agreed! Maybe with the pets one, if a lot more goals are thought up, we could consider adding the rolling option again.
I will roll the multiple generations section probably, but I think it's smart to make it a free choice because it last so long. I just like all the goals, so :P

tigger89
7th Nov 2011, 4:48 PM
Mine's still plodding along. I'm about two and a half sim-weeks away from generation 2, and I'm only about 3 sim-days behind on blogging it(though of course I didn't start at the beginning). I'm not sure how I'm going to transition the generation...I'd hate to contrive a disaster, but that's looking like the best story option at this point. :\

Did y'all know that there is an option to woohoo in the hay stacks that come with Pets?! I had no idea! They get this cute little moodlet afterward that says "Rolled in the Hay". I lol'ed.

In my legacy, Jordan and Alan have done soooo much haystack woohoo. It was either Carl or the twins that were conceived there, unfortunately I can't remember which.
It makes their hygiene go way down though, iirc, so of course it needs to be quickly followed by a shower woohoo. ;)

CinderEmma
7th Nov 2011, 5:01 PM
Just bunches of woohooing, huh? My sims always woohoo a lot in the beginning, then I forget about romance stuff once they have lots of babies XD
A disaster is a good idea, you could make a separate game file and stage a fun disaster :P

CyyKosis
7th Nov 2011, 6:27 PM
Colleen, I'd like to inform you that you have indeed cursed me. *shakes fist* Editing my update so you'll see why.

ReyaD
7th Nov 2011, 6:31 PM
: D twins?

CyyKosis
7th Nov 2011, 7:01 PM
Nope, Cece, you're sadly wrong.

Here's the answer, in super choppy format. I didn't feel like making the chapter run smoother.
http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-30-choppy.html

AJH
7th Nov 2011, 8:04 PM
I have an update:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-twenty-one.html

And I've managed to play enough to have lots of photos for more updates so I just need to find time to write them...

I like the goals for the whole ten generations, am pondering which one I want to pick! :D

Edit to add: there's a couple of minor amendments to the family page as well :)

AlmaDelCore20
7th Nov 2011, 10:04 PM
Also an update~!

http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-15-reunited-and-it-feels-so.html

Rhi becomes a snow beast.

CyyKosis
7th Nov 2011, 11:19 PM
Let's just say that's the last time I don't move in the mother. I had to use MC to add the toddlers and now my household is at 10 people. Ugh.

CinderEmma
7th Nov 2011, 11:58 PM
I have no clue what I'm going to do with my household size. If I do this one plan with my generation 3, my household would be up to 11! *shakes head*
And I got it officially confirmed that I'm not getting a new computer until Christmas. For sure, no doubts about it. So my 3 future updates will have to LAST!

CyyKosis
8th Nov 2011, 12:36 AM
Awwh that sucks Emma! At least it's right around the corner? Kind of? :( *hugs*

LadyAwesome
8th Nov 2011, 12:38 AM
So I downloaded the new queens town - then forgot to export all the friends, not just the house and family (why I downloaded the pets queenstown I do not know, queenstown is a party town and touristy place - not farm ville) Any way I am just finishing remaking the boys and the dad's band partner - I think thats all the importaint people done :D Then I shall be back - In the meantime I am going to finish reading the rnr legacy :P I am only up to chapter 60 >.<

ReyaD
8th Nov 2011, 1:06 AM
I highly reccomend the entire R&R legacy. <3 It's what got me into the whole Random Legacy thing. The writer sure was amazing.

Now who was it...

NutsAndDolts
8th Nov 2011, 1:26 AM
Ffff. It's hard looking back at that old thing.

LadyAwesome
8th Nov 2011, 1:42 AM
Atleast I know where Rio comes from now lol.

And by the way, its not hard its so easy to get glued to it :P

CinderEmma
8th Nov 2011, 2:51 AM
It's alright, I mean, I can do everything else with this computer, I just can't sim. Well, I could uninstall Pets, but it really freaks me out that it says when I try to uninstall that it could break things 0_o I don't want things borked and bad things happening (more then it already has XD). And it'll go by quickly...ish :P

I love the R&R legacy, I love all the legacies I've read so far! (AJH, ReyaD, Calisim, and Becky are my active ones I'm reading.) I'm getting to the others :)

CyyKosis
8th Nov 2011, 4:04 AM
Well if your game already doesn't work then how could it hurt to try? I mean, I wouldn't without backing up files and whatnot, but I'd be too addicted to just leave it :P

teal_moonshine
8th Nov 2011, 4:19 AM
Ok, so I had a mass installation today, 2 EPs and 2 SPs... Now I'm playing around with a chapter, still don't know if I'll post it or not

Buckley
8th Nov 2011, 4:25 AM
Ok, so I had a mass installation today, 2 EPs and 2 SPs... Now I'm playing around with a chapter, still don't know if I'll post it or not
Post it! Please?! I'm so bored right now, and I don't feeling like working on my own legacy. Please, please post it? :)

redcoalcarpets
8th Nov 2011, 4:28 AM
BUCKLEY. no. you do feel like working on it. I have a pendulum pendant right now with a spiral on it, and i'm quietly saying "you want to update your leegaaacyyy"
this goes for everybody.
MY GAME IS WORKING. It was another conflict with a minor, reputable mod-this time, the Buzzler memory mod. My plot just went crazy, though- I don't know if I want to push it or not.

teal_moonshine
8th Nov 2011, 4:34 AM
Ok Buckley, you twisted my arm, it shall be posted... I just have to get a few screenshots

CyyKosis
8th Nov 2011, 4:34 AM
If that's a mod to prevent memories, if you have twallans MC there's an option in that to shut them off (city hall>nraas>MC>settings>memory creation I think?)

ReyaD
8th Nov 2011, 4:50 AM
... I suddenly felt the need to post an update. I simply can't explain it.

2.3 - Cute but Evil http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/23-cute-but-evil.html

teal_moonshine
8th Nov 2011, 6:05 AM
Well here we go...

http://hobbslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/im-what.html

NutsAndDolts
8th Nov 2011, 1:51 PM
Chapter 47 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-47-classic-insecurity.html

Can't believe I'm at 47 chapters. I should start making them longer, eh?

calisims
8th Nov 2011, 2:25 PM
Chapter 29 is up:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-29-its-4am-do-you-know-where.html

Also, new pics in out takes.

I've got to work now, but I'll read all the other updates as soon as I can.

frogsgoribbit737
8th Nov 2011, 6:43 PM
http://mellinniumlegacy.blogspot.com/

It's my first one, so it's got a little rocky start. Hopefully my personal writing will get better as it goes alone. Check it out if you want to :)

I was personally inspired by the McDermott legacy which I loved.

calisims
8th Nov 2011, 6:52 PM
Hi, frogs! Welcome to the challenge, it's always great to have new players blogging their legacies.
And thanks, I'm glad my legacy inspired you to start your own. :lovestruc

CinderEmma
8th Nov 2011, 6:54 PM
Welcome to the challenge frogs :)

AJH
8th Nov 2011, 6:56 PM
I have another update (woo, two days in a row!) http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-twenty-two.html

Next chapter should see Tamara as a young adult too :)

Can someone remind me what the rules are for items in the personal inventories of sims who join the household btw

Buckley
8th Nov 2011, 7:04 PM
Welcome, frogs! :) When I read your legacy, I noticed you rolled stylist for Chloe's career. How is that going? I always seem to have glitches whenever I try to play a stylist, which sucks because I love that profession. I'm curious, is that age resetting bug still around? That used to drive me crazy!

Question for you guys: Are we allowed to create pets for our household in CAH? Or do we have to go the adoption/buying route? My secondary income is equestrian, and I found this beautiful horse someone created here on MTS and I kind of want to use him as my horse for the equestrian career. But I'm not sure if that's cheating. If it helps, I'd randomize his traits, not that it really matters.

ReyaD
8th Nov 2011, 7:07 PM
Welcome, Frogs! I've read your legacy and I love it but I can't comment just now (in class...). I second what Buckley asked though, how's the stylist career going? A lot of us have had major troubles with it.

Buckley: hunh. I don't think we've ever actually discussed that. How does it affect income? Can't you just adopt a pet and then CAS-it into the MTS clone? Just for appearances?

Buckley
8th Nov 2011, 7:19 PM
Well, using CAS always worries me. I've had issues with it before, where it skews the graphics and stuff. The reason I asked is that it costs more money to buy a horse with certain traits, although adopting is free. Also, if you turn around and sell the horse, the "good" traits (like genius, brave, agile) will boost his value. So I could see people abusing that provision when they roll Equestrian.

For me, I wasn't planning on selling this horse. He was going to be more like a pet than an investment, but I still wanted to get y'alls opinion before I add him. :)

calisims
8th Nov 2011, 7:27 PM
Colleen, if you create a pet in CAH and then merge it with your household, it comes with 14.5k. You definitely can't keep that money.
But, you can add the pet and fund away the money, or you can add the pet to another family and then use master controller to add it to yours with no money transfered. (It doesn't matter if the temporary host family keeps the money).
When I get around to messing with the rules blog again, I'll add a new rule for adding Pets to families in this way. I would put in a provision that animals added to the family this way cannot be sold, though you may sell their offspring or put them up for stud.

calisims
8th Nov 2011, 7:30 PM
Can someone remind me what the rules are for items in the personal inventories of sims who join the household btw

If it's a permanent new member of the family, you can use or sell off their inventory items.
If it's a temporary member (like when you roll single parent and move in the other parent temporarily) you may not keep or sell their items. Well, you can probably snag their books for your collection, but no using it to sell off expensive cars, etc.

Buckley
8th Nov 2011, 7:35 PM
Awesome. Thanks Melissa. (I didn't realize they came with 14.5k. That's realistic, lol. As usual, good job EA. Good job. ;))

Miss Puff
8th Nov 2011, 8:19 PM
Hey, look, I've got another update out in the same week! Chapter Nine: What Are Little Boys Made Of? (http://keattslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-nine-what-are-little-boys-made.html)

About the stylist career - I think I remember reading somewhere that one of Twallan's mods fixed the aging glitch with the stylist and tattoos. If I had to guess, I'd say it was part of Master Controller, possibly the extended add on. I'll see if I can find that again.

EDIT: Ugh, the search function over there is awful, if you search for "age" it also highlights words like "manAGEd" and "imAGE", so I don't think I'll be able to find it. Still, if you're having problems with the ages, I'd suggest installing the Master Controller and the Integration and see if that fixes it: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2031-the-mc-integration-phase-five-version-64-updated-2011-oct-18/.

CyyKosis
8th Nov 2011, 10:24 PM
Filler update while I get through the toddler stage.
http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/11/chapter-31-ada-ada-bo-bada-banana-fana.html

CinderEmma
8th Nov 2011, 11:21 PM
Bah, I'm working on uninstalling Pets right now, wish me LUCK!
I'm starting Maddie's legacy now :)

CyyKosis
8th Nov 2011, 11:28 PM
Good luck Emma! And yay! I'm happy you're reading mine :) Let us know how it goes!