PDA

View Full Version : rrrrrrrrrr how do i get rid of this????

SimShady18
10th Feb 2005, 6:11 AM
ok im pretty new here so bear with me and if this has already been answer im sorry.So im trying to make a pair of lowrise pants and this little shiny line showed up i really want to knwo how to get rid of it anybody know?? :blink: :confused:
http://img207.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img207&image=shinylilpieaceof1ho.png

SimShady18
10th Feb 2005, 7:05 AM
Another look can someone PLEASE HELP ME OUT?!?! :confused: http://img97.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img97&image=prettybutmessedup2ik.png

annadee
10th Feb 2005, 7:08 AM
That's where the top of the pants would normally be...You could always make it into a belly chain!!! :D

SimShady18
10th Feb 2005, 7:13 AM
lol but i have seen pants that are made into lowrise without the bellychain
i want to know how they did that

Sandra
10th Feb 2005, 7:17 AM
I HATE YOU!!!!

Doesn't like to be fooled to visit some pages with a lot of POP-UP's and other junk that try to install on my computer!!!!!

:-(

/S

SimShady18
10th Feb 2005, 7:20 AM
SEE!!---->http://img139.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img139&image=62nv.png

SimShady18
10th Feb 2005, 7:21 AM
sorry sandra i swear i dont know how that happened im very bad at computer thingyz

annadee
10th Feb 2005, 7:40 AM
I didn't get any pop-ups!!! Maybe if you choose a different type of clothing to use as your base??? Seems like some will leave their "mark" while others don't...I guess you have to kind of experiment...By the way, they do look great!

gbread49
10th Feb 2005, 10:07 AM
Just out of curiosity, did you also edit the "alpha" map to denote the starting point (top) of your new pants line? Also, if you did, make sure that any surrounding area around the pants is completely a true black. Any areas that are not black (RGB all 0) will show up.

Hope this helps. :)

BionicSquirrel33
10th Feb 2005, 10:20 AM
I HATE YOU!!!!

Doesn't like to be fooled to visit some pages with a lot of POP-UP's and other junk that try to install on my computer!!!!!

:-(

/S

Sandra Hate is a very strong word and you should use it carefully. SimShady didn't do anything wrong. I got no popups at all and if you did they were likely to be nothing more than advertising no different to what you'll find on any free image hosting site. I very much doubt anything tried to install on your computer.

Leman0
10th Feb 2005, 10:24 AM
Simshady18:
The line is caused by the shape of the mesh you chose. The other pants you refer to use a different mesh which don't have that 'step' at the top. The only options you have are to disguise the line with something like a belly chain, as was suggested, or make use of a different mesh.

Sandra:
If pop-ups are annoying you, check out this site: www.panicware.com (http://www.panicware.com/) They have a free version of thier pop-up stopper which is available in the downloads section. It's not as good as the professional version, but hey, it's free. :)

You might also want to check out some spyware removal programs like Spyware Blaster, Spyware - Search and Destroy, and Lavasoft's 'Ad-Aware'. Just do a quick google search and you should be able to find what you need.

Sandra
10th Feb 2005, 11:19 AM
sorry sorry
"hate" was maybe to hard to say...

But... yes It was some popups ad, and then something that started to install... but I just have to click "CLOSE" several times... but not big problem!

maube I was wrong, but it was not the first time I have seen people post things in forum to make them hit som bad (as I see it) things...

Faylen
10th Feb 2005, 1:14 PM
Yes, before you choose an outfit to change, Fill both the texture files (some have two) with a solid color and look at the mannequin in Body Shop. You'll see those lines and you can decide whether the outfit you want to make can work with them or not. They won't go away unless you can change the mesh. They're an actual bump in the outfit, and even if you blank them out, you'll get a weird effect in the game like the sim's skin itself has that shape.

SimShady18
11th Feb 2005, 3:22 AM
thankz for your help everybody ...by the way annadee when the jeans are done ill TRY to get them uploaded here!!

mentalstampede
11th Feb 2005, 3:29 AM
I've been trying to deal with that exact problem myself. Unfortunately, there is no mesh for full length low rise pants for adults. Until someone comes up with a new mesh, (which I've been unable to do), We'll have to deal with the "Belly Chain" effect.

SimShady18
11th Feb 2005, 3:32 AM
Yeah I was wondering and wishing someone would just make two basic meshes just without the bellychain cuz I really love to make things lowrise . I not that talented and have no idea how to make meshes but Im sure one of you guys do! Just pants and capri pants thats it! It cant be that hard!