PDA

View Full Version : TS2 Calendar: Chat Thread

heaven
26th Nov 2011, 11:12 PM
This is the official chat thread for our Calendar Contest (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3710619&posted=1#post3710619)!

Here you can post chatty stuff about the contest like:

Awesome! I want to join!
”The entries are great! My favorite is Simmer1234’s entry for March!”
Various other chattery type things - but please do not spam! Remember, we have a Private Message system so this thread is not for conversations you could easily have via PM or IM.

You can also post:

Pictures for a third, fourth, etc entry - you're only allowed two months/official entries per person, but if you have more shots, post them here!
If your month fills up before you get a chance to enter it, post your pictures for everyone to see!
If you don’t want to compete for various reasons but still want to share your pictures.
If you have pictures that don't meet the requirements, but still want to share.

Please remember to BE NICE! - You can post comments on the entries but don't be mean about it. Positive stuff or nicely-put constructive comments only! Remember, the main point of this contest is FUN!

Sparklypotato
1st Dec 2011, 4:44 PM
It was so funny when I took the picture of my entry- I moved the Oldies in to a lot and made Herb get a social bunny and made him fight with it. Coral had this look on her face that I don't know if was cheering him on or embarrassed that her husband was fighting with a imaginary bunny! Plus he lost but somehow got 1000 aspiration points XD

Liv
1st Dec 2011, 6:15 PM
Aww, the bunny is CUTE! :>

I'm going to take part in this contest :) Actually it'll by my first one to participate here :>

heaven
1st Dec 2011, 11:00 PM
Liv, yay for contest newbies! And sparkle, that just makes me giggle. :)

DigitalSympathies
1st Dec 2011, 11:42 PM
July.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/482/snapshot0000000219b3a5b.png

MAB-2000
2nd Dec 2011, 1:24 PM
Here comes another newbie :]

Hey, cool snapshot Lee!

leefish
2nd Dec 2011, 3:44 PM
Thank MAB-2000 - thats actually a really sad picture in a way - its from my old (lost forever cos PC was STOLEN) hood Simton. They were having their 5 November Bonfire Party. (Gotta be a Brit I think - look up Guy Fawkes Night)

Sparklypotato
2nd Dec 2011, 3:58 PM
That was such a cute picture Lee- sorry to hear that you never got your computer back :(

ShineShine
2nd Dec 2011, 7:09 PM
I'm also a newbie and enjoyed it a lot :D Hope to see a lot of pictures; it's a great idea!! :luff:

Well, but I am actually confused. Everyone is only allowed to post two pictures? And we can't edit our post and insert a better shot of the same image? Because now there are some tips I didn't know of and now I feel my picture is a little less beautiful than I thought at the beginning. :(

LOLBAG2
5th Dec 2011, 9:11 AM
Sparklycookie - hah, random aspiration points for the win! :3

Leesester - your entry is adorable. Such fun they're having :D

ShineShine - I love the overall pink colour to your image, gives it a really nice mood. And the landscaping is gorgeous!

DigitalSympathies - what sweeties! Hurr hurr, someone looks a little sunburnt XD I love that you took the picture at night :)

wgroome - My, my. That picture is absolutely beautiful. So inspiring and romantic!

So I'm thinking I should enter, but so far I have absolutely no idea what to photograph, plus I'm still getting my head around this whole northern hemisphere thing *derp*

NixNivis
5th Dec 2011, 8:24 PM
I really like everybody's entries so far! :D I'd love to join, but my brain refuses to come up with any ideas. So I'll just watch and cheer everybody on. :)

ForeverCamp
6th Dec 2011, 12:04 AM
My internet is being a pain in the rear end, but an official entry for September is enroute, as well as the unqualified December entry.

ETA: And now that my internet is no longer being a PITA...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/ForeverCamp/HolidayPostcard.jpg

MAB-2000
6th Dec 2011, 8:34 PM
lovelyrayaallday - great idea to picture your sims out of the house, right after they're done with decorating...my advise...not enough space...move the tables backwards, and add some snow (either with seasons or with a ground cover), this will make your entry more realistic. =)

Geah
6th Dec 2011, 8:37 PM
I'd enter for Christmas, but I live in the Southern Hemisphere . . . it's summer here! Ahh maybe I'll have a go, I was looking for an excuse to open TS2 today anyway! ;)

Amylet
6th Dec 2011, 8:55 PM
I love ShineShine's picture and and Sparklycookie's picture.
What are your favourites?

Nysha
6th Dec 2011, 9:31 PM
The pissed off snowman makes yours, Amylet, just perfect :D .

...and I see Camp is following the newly-established tradition of Christmas violence.

heaven
6th Dec 2011, 9:38 PM
Haha, yes, the ebil snowman makes me laugh.

Amylet
6th Dec 2011, 9:45 PM
The pissed off snowman makes yours, Amylet, just perfect :D .

When I saw how my sim made it, I laught too ;) (I didn't use custom content ! :lol: ) So I used it in my pic...

ShineShine
7th Dec 2011, 3:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)
I'm so glad there's no advertising for the contest. Now it's really lively over there. I'm looking forward to more pictures. :D

Amylet
7th Dec 2011, 4:27 PM
I've got a question...

If it's nearly the end of the month and if there isn't enough entries for a certain month, will it be possible to post than 2 entries? Will it be accepted?

heaven
7th Dec 2011, 4:59 PM
Yes, that is something I am considering. We'll see what happens as we get further along. It is only the 7th. :P

Amylet
7th Dec 2011, 5:07 PM
Ok, thanks for your answer :)

It is only the 7th. :P

mmmh...yes :lol:

eyelleenn
7th Dec 2011, 5:13 PM
Hi, I'm trying to get a better picture but when I press print screen my PC captures the windows screen instead of the game screen. I'm using Windows 7, and I have enough RAM (3GB should be enough) So', If you guys could help. Oh, and I've posted a reply at the main Contest topic, I'm sorry, as I said there, Noob. But I'm a fast learner....

Liv
7th Dec 2011, 5:33 PM
You should get Fraps then :)
Google will give you the right link, just ask :D

heaven
7th Dec 2011, 7:23 PM
DigitalSympathies - I moved your bridge picture over here so people can still ooh and ahh over it. :)

Amylet
7th Dec 2011, 8:37 PM
Thre's really great :up: pictures in both Sims 2 and Sims 3 contests. I'm looking forward for new pictures !!

eyelleenn
7th Dec 2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the tip, Liv, already did it, hope you guys like it, kinda never did that before, I have some practice in screen caps because I make my Sims paint many pictures with the "Natureza Morta" command, that command you give so it will paint whatever you capture.

I'm enjoying in here, makes me believe that learning English is useful. I'm really thrilled, have no idea on which idea am I going to post now... selecting carefully.... Oh, and I love MTS tutorials hope I can follow them and sonn not be just a downloader, but an uploader too!!!

vhanster
7th Dec 2011, 11:59 PM
Resized my October entry... when's the deadline for this, BTW?

lovelyrayaallday
8th Dec 2011, 5:01 AM
This is my 2nd post im new to modthesims and the calender picture is my first post im a major newbie and need some major schooling, and does anyone know some onscreen picture takers? THANKS =)!!

DigitalSympathies
8th Dec 2011, 5:27 AM
DigitalSympathies - I moved your bridge picture over here so people can still ooh and ahh over it. :)

Haha, I was wondering when people would realise it was a bridge. ;) I love the header for this contest btw. If TS3 Seasons looked like that . . . I'd buy it. OH YES.

x-kisses-for-yooh-x
8th Dec 2011, 11:24 AM
All the entries look so great! I'm inspired to enter myself, I'm also a contest newbie. I would love to be a part of it, watch this space! x

Ghost sdoj
8th Dec 2011, 4:42 PM
I have a question. If I have a picture that I posted once over at the old S2C, could I use it again?

Edit: Fraps is a good program for on-screen pictures. It auto-saves each one as you take it. Or at least the version I got 5 years ago does, although I can't imagine how the update would get rid of that feature.

eyelleenn
8th Dec 2011, 5:22 PM
[QUOTE= Fraps is a good program for on-screen pictures. It auto-saves each one as you take it. Or at least the version I got 5 years ago does, although I can't imagine how the update would get rid of that feature.[/QUOTE]

I used fraps too, its great, easy and took a great screen shot, I'm palying for more pics, still trying to decide if I'll post my Xmas or the Halloween one... always funny pictures...

Amylet
8th Dec 2011, 9:08 PM
I'm enjoying in here, makes me believe that learning English is useful. I'm really thrilled, have no idea on which idea am I going to post now... selecting carefully.... Oh, and I love MTS tutorials hope I can follow them and sonn not be just a downloader, but an uploader too!!!

You're so right! :)

And MTS' community is really great!

Did you see Fizzy9's picture? 'April is National Grilled Cheese Month' :rofl: So funny!
And I just noticed I'm not the only who used an angry snowman... Armiel did it too after me :lol:

eyelleenn
9th Dec 2011, 2:26 AM
Did you see Fizzy9's picture? 'April is National Grilled Cheese Month' :rofl: So funny!
And I just noticed I'm not the only who used an angry snowman... Armiel did it too after me :lol:

Yup, laugh a lot. I'm taking the nerve to make a funny Xmas one, just regret the loss of my Xmas neighborhood .

Fizzy9
9th Dec 2011, 8:50 AM
Thank you Amylet, I'm glad you like my grilled cheese. :)

The Evil Snowman is a must for holiday pics and I agree with others who complemented you. He is perfect in your pic! I chuckled when I first saw it. :lol:

Amylet
9th Dec 2011, 4:01 PM
Thanks very much Fizzy9

I'm glad you like my pic too :)

lovelyrayaallday
11th Dec 2011, 8:40 PM
Liv, yay for contest newbies! And sparkle, that just makes me giggle. :) Did i get it right can i get the spot for december yet? ANXIOUS :help:

heaven
11th Dec 2011, 8:46 PM
Did i get it right can i get the spot for december yet? ANXIOUS :help:

I'm sorry, not yet. Your picture is now 999px × 748px. Close but not quite there.

lovelyrayaallday
11th Dec 2011, 9:29 PM
I'm sorry, not yet. Your picture is now 999px × 748px. Close but not quite there. i re-edited so i think it is correct size well atleast thats what flickr said

Selly_2009
13th Dec 2011, 11:43 PM
Just posted my first ever contest entry :) Had a dickens of a job getting everyone to do what I wanted WHERE I wanted... when I wanted... even with free will off!

viri2626
14th Dec 2011, 12:49 AM
And this photo for september what do you think guys?
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/793/snapshotf514aee6973d115.jpg
For the back to school :P

lovelyrayaallday
14th Dec 2011, 12:56 AM
what the heck its dec. 13 how come i cant post for the calender contest

Selly_2009
14th Dec 2011, 1:29 AM
thestarocean: Just seen your November entry... my jaw dropped. Truly amazing; so simple, yet so effective.

eyelleenn
14th Dec 2011, 2:12 AM
will you guys allow us to entry with more than 2 pics we still have a few slots in certain months... I`d like to know is there is the possibility so I can take more pics.

armiel
14th Dec 2011, 4:23 AM
eyelleenn, you are only allowed 2 entries, but you can post more pics here in the chat thread, for funz. :)

There is still time in the competition, so it would not be fair for those who just hear about it for example.

Everyone's entries look great, and I'm happy for the few comments about the snowman twist, I thought it was a fun (silly) add to the otherwise so calm picture xD

thestarocean
14th Dec 2011, 5:25 PM
Been some great pics here guys, the angry snowman and cream cake pics made me laugh! Gotta love silly!

Selly_2009 Thanks, thats kind of what I was going for. Keeping it simple seemed to work best, given the topic.

Amylet
14th Dec 2011, 8:27 PM
Just posted my first ever contest entry :)

This is the first time I take part in a contest too

Everyone's entries are so cool :up:
I like Eyelleen's one for February, it's an original idea.
I like thestarocean's pic too. Your pics are more original than mine :lol:. But it was fun to take part in the contest! (So fun contest ! Who did has the great idea of organize it? I don't know who he/she is, but thanks to him/her! :up: :)

I'm really looking forward for new pictures!!

and thanks, I'm glad you like the snowman:)

Selly_2009
15th Dec 2011, 12:37 AM
Well, it took the majority of the afternoon but I got a second entry I was happy with. Took two separate attempts this time: I rejected the first one - but I'll post it here for others to see:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/v6nnl3.jpg

Cookies for anyone who recognises the special guest :bunny:

Amylet
15th Dec 2011, 12:49 PM
Both pictures are pretty, Selly 2009!

Selly_2009
15th Dec 2011, 9:08 PM
Amylet, thank you :) Not entirely sure which "both" you are referring to, as in essence there are three of them; were you meaning the two "October" ones?
I like your entries too.

And TurtleDove, how DID you get the ghost sim to hug the living one like that? I'm intrigued...

Amylet
15th Dec 2011, 10:34 PM
were you meaning the two "October" ones?
I like your entries too.

Thank you. And yes, I was meaning these two ones :)

TurtleDove, how DID you get the ghost sim to hug the living one like that? I'm intrigued... Me too!! I'd like to do that!

Selly_2009
17th Dec 2011, 12:26 AM
I hadn't seen anyone submit Trick or Treaters :DUmm... mine was! Just in a different style and from a POV inside the house. ;)

thestarocean
17th Dec 2011, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Selly_2009
TurtleDove, how DID you get the ghost sim to hug the living one like that? I'm intrigued...
I'm guessing they used the ghost hack by smonaff. You can find it in the downloads section on this site :)

Selly_2009
18th Dec 2011, 2:09 AM
Ahh - I didn't know that existed. All becomes clear :)

Amylet
18th Dec 2011, 9:51 AM
I'm guessing they used the ghost hack by smonaff. You can find it in the downloads section on this site :)

Oh, OK. Thanks. :)

thestarocean
18th Dec 2011, 2:42 PM
No prob ;)

x-kisses-for-yooh-x
20th Dec 2011, 4:07 PM
I'm in love with harlequin_eyes's entry for February! Adorable!

Jennuitte
25th Dec 2011, 8:34 AM
All these entries are amazing!!!
I love 'em.

I wish you could take some pictures with only pets, but that's not allowed...
Bummer :| :deal:

But the way people manage to make these pictures... just... Wow.. :giggler:

:turtle:
(I had to add that in. TURTLE = CUTE)

heaven
26th Dec 2011, 2:04 PM
All these entries are amazing!!!
I love 'em.

I wish you could take some pictures with only pets, but that's not allowed...
Bummer :| :deal:

But the way people manage to make these pictures... just... Wow.. :giggler:

:turtle:
(I had to add that in. TURTLE = CUTE)

Actually, I have been allowing pictures with just pets. It's just the landscape-only ones that we're not putting in. Sorry for the confusion but you have some time to get an entry in if you'd like.

Jennuitte
29th Dec 2011, 8:51 AM
Actually, I have been allowing pictures with just pets. It's just the landscape-only ones that we're not putting in. Sorry for the confusion but you have some time to get an entry in if you'd like.

Ah, okay, that explains things.
I'd love to change my entries now, but no, I can't, it's past the due date and I have pictures for July and March already.
I'm really exited to see who the winner will be. :king:

Selly_2009
29th Dec 2011, 3:20 PM
I'm really excited to see who the winner will be. :king:spelling error corrected for clarity

Me too - all are lovely entries so competition will be fierce! Good luck to all :)

Mai2008
30th Dec 2011, 6:33 PM
Since I cant get my piccie to the right size, I might aswell post it here ;)
July:

http://i42.tinypic.com/29qfket.jpg

[Even though it was autumn/winter there XD]

peedieprincess
2nd Jan 2012, 5:49 PM
I doubt mine will be good enough, but I can't wait to find out who the winners are!

scorpion1d3x
3rd Jan 2012, 6:22 AM
i hope my pic for November wins.
i worked that picture for hours, man.
i'm just glad that it's finally over :gjob:

vhanster
3rd Jan 2012, 6:54 AM
Hope my entries will win something. Of all the Sims Contest I ever joined I've never won anything.

Miuki
3rd Jan 2012, 8:04 AM
I guess the judging will take a lo-ong time, since they have to evaluate sims 3 entries as well, I wonder will the scores will coinside with contestant preferences. ( I mean "love" and "agree" buttons).

porkypine
7th Jan 2012, 7:28 PM
Did I miss the contest results? I haven't seen them posted.

Liv
7th Jan 2012, 7:38 PM
No, you didn't.

Maybe here it's normal, but I'm not used to waiting for so long for winners-losers announcements. Hope they'll be out soon.

ForeverCamp
7th Jan 2012, 11:17 PM
No, you didn't.

Maybe here it's normal, but I'm not used to waiting for so long for winners-losers announcements. Hope they'll be out soon.

No, this isn't the average wait time for contest results. This contest was a little different your standard contest, though. The same people are judging both the TS2 and TS3 entries - and from what I've seen, the TS3 scene was a lot more active than the TS2 scene. They'll have their hands full getting things sorted.

*sings the stupidly catchy Have Patience song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kn6Z2Mop5I) from her childhood.*

heaven
8th Jan 2012, 4:25 AM
No this isn't normal for most contest waits but, as ForeverCamp said, this isn't an average contest. We have A LOT of entries. And our judges have a lot of other things to do as well both on and off site. I'm also not posting until I have scores for each TS2 and TS3 so everyone can find out at once. So, please do have patience. I will get them to you as soon as I get them all. :)

LuvSims2011
8th Jan 2012, 4:19 PM
This is one I wanted to do for December but the December thing got filled up so here is what I wanted to do :)

Selly_2009
9th Jan 2012, 2:37 PM
I'm also not posting until I have scores for each TS2 and TS3 so everyone can find out at once. So, please do have patience. I will get them to you as soon as I get them all. :)That was what I'd assumed you would do - only fair to have everyone find out at the same time :)

LuvSims, I like your picture, even if it didn't make it in time. After the contest closed, I had another idea for a month (not that I'd've been able to enter it even if I had thought of it in time - I'd already posted my two pictures) that would be specific to 2012.
I'm tempted to set it up anyway... and post it here :lol:

Amylet
9th Jan 2012, 5:33 PM
After the contest closed, I had another idea for a month that would be specific to 2012.

Let me guess...December ? :lol:

If I'm right, it was a good and original idea. I didn't think in it at all for my December pic, as I'm really not superstitious...

Selly_2009
10th Jan 2012, 1:17 AM
Let me guess...December ? :lol:Nope. Actually, it was June :p I'm going to have to pose the shot now, aren't I?

By the time I heard about the contest, December was already pretty full, and I thought "I'd rather go for a different month"... hence choosing August, followed by October.

Amylet
11th Jan 2012, 8:52 PM
:lol: I was thinking in the "2012" movie (even I didn't see it) and in an apocalyptic pic ^^

I really liked yur contest pics, please show your extra-pics!

Selly_2009
13th Jan 2012, 1:57 AM
Well, it took long enough to set up, but as you requested Amylet, here's the idea that came far too late:

June 2012, A Great British Street Party in honour of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!
http://i42.tinypic.com/4kxs8z.jpg

heaven
15th Jan 2012, 4:41 PM
Scores and Winners (http://modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=3754122&postcount=181) :)

Liv
15th Jan 2012, 5:33 PM
Finally! :D
Congratulations to the winners - you've made such great pics :king:
I want also to thank heaven for hosting the contest and staff members for judging :gjob:
It was nice to see that so many members took part in this contest - congratulations to you too! Your creativity and effort are priceless! :)

Oh, and I'm so happy, because it's my first contest on MTS I took part in and I'm one of the winners! And (end of) April is my birthmonth ;)
It's such a great feeling! :lovestruc

Amylet
15th Jan 2012, 5:56 PM
Congratulations to the winners!

I really like your picture, Selly!^^

Selly_2009
15th Jan 2012, 6:25 PM
Congratulations to all winners!

As Liv said, thanks to heaven for hosting and MTS staff for judging the contest. It's been good fun seeing all the entries too.
I might not have won either of the months I entered, but to come second in August (and only 5 points behind the winner) is good enough for me! :D

Thanks Amylet for your kind words about that last picture. Glad you like it :)

Miuki
15th Jan 2012, 8:11 PM
Tha scores are finally out!
The whole calendar looks very good. As previous posters I'd also like to thank judges and especially Heaven for their hard work. Congratulations to all winners!

This is my first competition on this site and I won! I'm so happy!

LadyAwesome
15th Jan 2012, 9:21 PM
Heaven hunny, the links to the scores are not working.

porkypine
15th Jan 2012, 9:31 PM
Congratulations to all the winners!

w_sims
15th Jan 2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you very much to all the judges! I can't wait for July now! ;)

Well done to all the other winners, too, and all the amazing creators of all the other entries! :)

Nightlight
16th Jan 2012, 4:26 PM
I'm so happy :)

It was a great contest, really.
Thanks a lot to everyone and congratulations to the winners :)

simsample
16th Jan 2012, 4:49 PM
Congratulations to all of the winners, and well done to everyone who entered!

You all produced some lovely pictures. :)

peedieprincess
17th Jan 2012, 9:56 AM
Yahoooo! First contest and i'm a winner :') Tehe, well done to everyone else too, and thanks to everyone who hosted it/helped run it. :D Roll on february! haha

thestarocean
17th Jan 2012, 2:03 PM
Congratz to the winners and thanks to the admin team for running and judging such a great contest ;)

wlionrjl
17th Jan 2012, 2:25 PM
Yay I won! The ribbon was a really nice surprise! I just want to give a huge thanks to the organizers and the judges of this contest, and also great job to all participants. Seeing how everyone interpret each month was really fun :)