PDA

View Full Version : Changing hacks/downloads in order to add expansion pack.

aparkin85
13th Jan 2012, 4:33 PM
Do I need to change any downloads/hacks to accommodate for a new expansion pack?
I have Double deluxe, and want to add Seasons.

Some downloads have different files depending on what expansion packs you have installed,
For example, a file for if you have base game only, and a file for if you have expansion packs beyond pets/seasons.

I have Double Deluxe and no other expansion packs installed.
I have a clean custom neighbour hood with such hacks as Antiredundancy and Notownieregen.
I have 3,199 Downloads, mostly from Mod The Sims.
(The only other downloads not from this site are Hair and Outfits)

What type of downloads will I need to change?

Also, because I use Antiredundancy, will I need to create any Seasons NPC's with the Townie tree? The only one I know of is the Penguin, and if I'm not mistaken I think it is an object NPC like the Grim reaper and Crumplebottom...

*Edit* ...Ok, I have all the hacks updated, and have the Notownieregen and Antiredundancy, but I'm still getting a different Garden Club Member each time I play a different lot. I know the hack is not from this site...but...any tips?.

DavidR57
13th Jan 2012, 4:52 PM
Seasons adds a new clothing category, so some all-category clothing won't show for outdoors You will want to look for an anti deadly lighting mod of some kind, I lost several visiting Sims to it before I found one. good luck

Nysha
13th Jan 2012, 5:25 PM
You will also, of course, need to update all your hacks.

Darby
13th Jan 2012, 6:08 PM
Back your game up before you do anything! Then, if something goes wonky, you won't lose your current setup, and will have it to revert back to, if necessary.

Before installing Seasons, remove your Downloads folder altogether.

Regular CC (clothing, objects, makeup, skins) probably doesn't need updating. Hacks almost certainly do, and it's up to you to know what you have, and whether or not it's compatible with your game. Go to each site from which you get your hacks and find out what does and does not need updating.

Re-read the rtfm for notownieregen.
Townies no longer regenerate when removed from the townie pool. Existing
townies are unaffected and continue to function normally. Service NPCs
continue to be generated as needed. See "antiredundancy" to reduce their
numbers. Vacation locals will only generate to maximum of one per zone.

As with all your other hacks, just make sure you get the version that's compatible with Seasons. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7.0.html

Don't put any hacks back into your game after adding Seasons until you're sure they're all Seasons compatible.