PDA

View Full Version : Cant get my stylist sim's work to be recognized

mekia02
16th Jan 2012, 1:14 AM
I started playing a town sim and he has a job as a stylist. So far two of the jobs I have tried have not "completed". The first was in the salon, the lady wanted new accessories. I gave her 3 new accessories in her current outfit but when I went out of CAS she just stood a round and my sim just stood around. I could not click the check box on the left side of the screen, it wouldn't let me. and eventually the lady kept sighing or yawning then she left, with the accessories and my sim did not get credit. I had not saved so started over again and the second time I gave the lady accessories in all outfit categories. Same result.

The second job was a a sims house. Like the first I had introduced my self, the sim told me what they wanted, I went in to CAS. This sim wanted a new hair style. I changed the style and the color, I also gave her contacts. When I left CAS they started talking and the queue said my sim was listening to a conversation. Then they started talking about other stuff. Again I can not click the box to check off what I have done, the lady has a new hair style but it looks like my sim is once again not going to get paid.

Other info, this is a downloaded neighborhood, I have found a lot of routing errors but nothing major. I have played similar professions like home designer in other towns. My sim is at level 8 in stylist career.

What is going on?

J. M. Pescado
16th Jan 2012, 11:19 AM
AwesomeMod will avoid these particular stylist issues, mostly by making it so you don't have to make nullreversions just to get it to tick.

mekia02
17th Jan 2012, 3:43 AM
I have been thinking about awesomemod for a while for the way it handles SP, but right now I don't think my computer is powerful enough to handle it. What do you mean by nullreversions? If there is a certain number of "free" make-overs I have to do to get the game to work with my stylist that is fine for now. Also is this a know issue with this EP? If so can someone point me to a post or site that explains more about this.
Thanks

kewpie
20th Jan 2012, 2:23 PM
Nullrevisions are when you change something minor and then change it right back to what it was. You'll find that after making over someone a few times, that you don't WANT to change them yet again because they already look good -- and it gets old after a while.

mekia02
22nd Jan 2012, 11:43 AM
Nullrevisions are when you change something minor and then change it right back to what it was. You'll find that after making over someone a few times, that you don't WANT to change them yet again because they already look good -- and it gets old after a while.

Ok I understand, but that's not the problem I am having. I just played my first stylist sim a few days ago and when I did the make over the sim asked for and finished. She stepped down form the little platform in front of the mirror and just stood around with a thought bubble over her head thinking about the make over as if she did not just receive the make over. Also I do not have the option to check off that the make over was done in the box that comes up on the left of the screen telling you what the customer wants.

Is this a glitch/bug/conflict, or am I missing a step. I have tried checking off the box both before and after entering/leaving CAS.

kewpie
23rd Jan 2012, 12:36 AM
I don't know why it would happen at the salon. But I have been playing all of the professions recently, and I do know that there is a strange error that seems to happen across the board. For some reason the game will treat the house you are visiting as if it is your house. This causes a bunch of problems.

If you are playing an architect, your personal family funds will be drawn from when you buy things instead of the scenario budget. Also, you won't get any credit for any of the items you install in the home. If you are playing a ghost hunter, you won't get any credit for banishing spirits or ghosts. If you are playing a fire fighter, the emergency never ends. I haven't played the stylist yet in testing it, but it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened -- it's as if the scenario never happened.

Here is what I found works. For architechture, if I go in and out of buydebug (I do it with Twallan's mod) it almost always works. Unfortunately for ghost busting and fire fighting, you have to exit the game and go back in and it mostly works.. not quite as reliable. I bet if you went into debug in the stylist career, it would reset it just like the architect career.

One way I can always tell now that the scenario is borked is that up in the corner whee the sim is talking about what kind of work they need done at their house (a ghost hunting, a fire or a remodel) If it's a NPC in the corner, the scenario is OK. If it's MY sim in the corner, the scenario is borked and needs a reset.

mekia02
31st Jan 2012, 10:07 AM
I don't know why it would happen at the salon. But I have been playing all of the professions recently, and I do know that there is a strange error that seems to happen across the board. For some reason the game will treat the house you are visiting as if it is your house. This causes a bunch of problems.

If you are playing an architect, your personal family funds will be drawn from when you buy things instead of the scenario budget. Also, you won't get any credit for any of the items you install in the home. If you are playing a ghost hunter, you won't get any credit for banishing spirits or ghosts. If you are playing a fire fighter, the emergency never ends. I haven't played the stylist yet in testing it, but it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened -- it's as if the scenario never happened.

Here is what I found works. For architechture, if I go in and out of buydebug (I do it with Twallan's mod) it almost always works. Unfortunately for ghost busting and fire fighting, you have to exit the game and go back in and it mostly works.. not quite as reliable. I bet if you went into debug in the stylist career, it would reset it just like the architect career.

One way I can always tell now that the scenario is borked is that up in the corner whee the sim is talking about what kind of work they need done at their house (a ghost hunting, a fire or a remodel) If it's a NPC in the corner, the scenario is OK. If it's MY sim in the corner, the scenario is borked and needs a reset.

thanks, Ill try it and report back.

mekia02
4th Feb 2012, 2:15 AM
... I bet if you went into debug in the stylist career, it would reset it just like the architect career.

Ok so I just tried it again. This time with a different sim that I gave the stylist career to using Mastercontroller Mod. I met the client at the salon. The box popped up on the right telling me that he wanted a new hair color " maybe highlights or low lights". I introduced my sim to him, even had them discuss fashion and a few other friendly things. At this point buydebug was already on even before I got notice of stylist jobs available, I tried to check off the job tracker for new hair color but it would not let me check or mark the task. At this point I clicked the stylist station and selected my client to give the makeover to. He got up on the platform and checked his self out for a while while my sim walked around and looked at him then the computer went into CAS. I changed hair from black to brown and gave highlights. CAS exited and went back to scene in stylist room. I still could not check off that I did the job in the box on the left, it would not allow me to check the box for new hair color. So I watched as my sim stepped off the platform and stood there looking at my sim. The stood there for a while thinking all kinds of stuff and just stood there. After a few minutes of watching this, about 2 hours in sim time had passed since this started, I decided to take the client back in to CAS and I changed his hair to platinum blonde with dark highlights and gave a new hair style, exited CAS and same thing happened. Could not check off that I did the job, the sims just stood there looking at each other. My sim had a thought bubble with the client in it, the client had a thought bubble with a mirror, then his home, then my sim. I saved and came here.

Please help! I have tons of CC, does this sound like a CC conflict?

Thanks

kewpie
7th Feb 2012, 4:42 PM
I wonder if it's a Master Controller thing. Have you tried getting the career the normal way?

J. M. Pescado
8th Feb 2012, 6:07 AM
If you had AwesomeMod, and enabled the relevant option, this error would never happen, as you will always receive credit just for hitting OK, thus bypassing the problem entirely.

mekia02
18th Feb 2012, 10:37 PM
found out it was a known glitch with one of my mods. i had to get the updated MasterController mod, and also had to patch to 1.29. Now i can have a working stylist career.

@J.M. Prescado; when I can upgrade my computer I probably will get awesomemod.

Thanks for the replies!