PDA

View Full Version : Aliens really don't like me

Poochyena
20th Feb 2012, 4:52 PM
Hi,
First, excuse me for my very bad english....

Then, I'm here because I have a problem in my game.
I made a couple of male sims in the alien's city (I don't know the english name.... It's Zarbville for me. But I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) and wanted one of them to get pregnant by aliens.
Then, he spent nights looking the stars with the StarZoom. No aliens.
I was boring, then I used "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" to use the "DEBUG - Get Abducted" on the telescope. The action don't work: the sims go in front of the telescope, get the cloud with the sky pict, but finally cancel the action.
Okay, then I downloaded "the Abducter 100", a hacked telescope from your download section, which is suposed to make my sims abducted. Same result.
(http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=199262)
Also downloaded this one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=256425 but don't found it in the game.
I downloaded a mod to get abducted every time I use the telescope. No result.

I tried to play without the downloaded items. No result with the common use of the telescope, no result with the debug cheat. Then it seems the problem don't come from a downloaded item or mod.

I'm tired of that. I really want my male to get pregnant. What can I do then?

Thanks for an help.

Darby
20th Feb 2012, 6:59 PM
I can't speak to why the mods you've tried aren't working, but I can tell you that one of the later EPs disabled the Debug:Abduct cheat. Thing is, I think it was FreeTime that disabled it, and the reason is because with the FreeTime aspiration benefits, abductions are much much easier, at least for Knowledge sims.

So, if you have FreeTime, and the sim you want abducted is a Knowledge sim, simply give him the Summon Aliens aspiration benefit. Abductions with this benefit usually take no more than three nights, and may be successful on the very first night.

One downside is that FT also reduced the chance of pregnancy, so the sim might not return pregnant. If he doesn't, have him Summon Aliens again. The chance of pregnancy is still high, so a second abduction will probably result in one.

If you do not have FT, you just have to be patient. And if you only have the base game and a couple of the early expansion packs, be sure to use the more expensive (larger) telescope. Pre-FT abductions can take a long time, so you might want to move the sim to a lot by himself and turn aging off. If weather is a problem, put the telescope inside, pointed toward a window. The aliens can abduct sims from inside the house.

Oh, one other consideration, if you do have FT is that even if the sim is not a Knowledge sim, he'll have a good chance of being abducted if he has high Science enthusiasm and can Search for UFOs.

Good luck!

ETA: Once a sim is abducted by telescope, that sim (not others - just that one) can get abducted again by using the Dance Sphere (the large exercise equipment ring) in hard mode. As far as I know, Dance Sphere abductions still always result in alien pregnancy, for eligible males. It can take 1-4 days of almost continuous spinning (I use the Energizer to keep the sim's motives up, if aspiration is high enough), but it does work well. Be aware that DS pregnancies are "silent". The sim will disappear from the Sphere and be gone for a few hours. When he returns, there won't be a lullaby indicating that he's pregnant, but he will be, if eligible to be. Dance Spheres are supposedly only good for one abduction each, so sell it and buy a new one if you want to do it again.

Poochyena
21st Feb 2012, 6:29 PM
I can't speak to why the mods you've tried aren't working, but I can tell you that one of the later EPs disabled the Debug:Abduct cheat. Thing is, I think it was FreeTime that disabled it, and the reason is because with the FreeTime aspiration benefits, abductions are much much easier, at least for Knowledge sims.

So, if you have FreeTime, and the sim you want abducted is a Knowledge sim, simply give him the Summon Aliens aspiration benefit. Abductions with this benefit usually take no more than three nights, and may be successful on the very first night.

One downside is that FT also reduced the chance of pregnancy, so the sim might not return pregnant. If he doesn't, have him Summon Aliens again. The chance of pregnancy is still high, so a second abduction will probably result in one.

If you do not have FT, you just have to be patient. And if you only have the base game and a couple of the early expansion packs, be sure to use the more expensive (larger) telescope. Pre-FT abductions can take a long time, so you might want to move the sim to a lot by himself and turn aging off. If weather is a problem, put the telescope inside, pointed toward a window. The aliens can abduct sims from inside the house.

Oh, one other consideration, if you do have FT is that even if the sim is not a Knowledge sim, he'll have a good chance of being abducted if he has high Science enthusiasm and can Search for UFOs.

Good luck!

ETA: Once a sim is abducted by telescope, that sim (not others - just that one) can get abducted again by using the Dance Sphere (the large exercise equipment ring) in hard mode. As far as I know, Dance Sphere abductions still always result in alien pregnancy, for eligible males. It can take 1-4 days of almost continuous spinning (I use the Energizer to keep the sim's motives up, if aspiration is high enough), but it does work well. Be aware that DS pregnancies are "silent". The sim will disappear from the Sphere and be gone for a few hours. When he returns, there won't be a lullaby indicating that he's pregnant, but he will be, if eligible to be. Dance Spheres are supposedly only good for one abduction each, so sell it and buy a new one if you want to do it again.

Hi
Thanks a lot for your answer
Free Time and Seasons are the only one I don't have.
I used the most expensive telescope. I will try and try again, even if I will take me a month..... But, as the Debug, the hacked objects and the mod don't work, I thought there was a problem, and trying by the "common" way will not get any result...

Darby
22nd Feb 2012, 12:40 AM
Seems like the debug:abduct cheat should work, since you don't have FreeTime, but it may be that it's disabled in Apartment Life as well. Don't really know.

Again, I don't know why the mods you've tried don't work. Only thing I can suggest is to make sure they're compatible with your game.

Doing it the hard way will work, though. Just takes a bit of patience. Waiting makes it that much more exciting when it does finally happen! :)

Mordant17
22nd Feb 2012, 3:37 AM
If you take a look at the comments on those downloads you linked, you'll see that others are having problems with them, too. And it's quite possible that debug cheat has been disabled in AL. I installed AL before FT, and I know it implemented some stuff that had first been done in FT.

TwoJeffs has a mod that increases the likelihood that a sim will get abducted the longer they stargaze. It's here (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0), scroll down to Increased Abduction and/or Die by Satellite .

Peni Griffin
22nd Feb 2012, 5:00 AM
I had the exact same problem when I needed to get Ernest Munny pregnant; and I had a narrow window of time to do it in. This was before I installed FreeTime, but I've always had Apartment Life, so yes, that would be the problem.

I got Ernest pregnant using the Tombstone of Life and Death. It doesn't result in an abduction, just the pregnancy; but I did it to him as he used the telescope one evening and for story purposes he has nearly total amnesia of the event. A state the two other alien dads in the hood envy.