PDA

View Full Version : You did THAT??? On PURPOSE???

StrangeTownChick
11th Mar 2012, 12:43 AM
We all do stupid things on sims. We're new, we don't know any better, blah blah blah. But occasionally we'll do stupid things on purpose just to see how they'll turn out. So what was the thing you did that you knew was stupid but did it anyway?
My thing was making a single woman. With quintuplet toddlers. With no hacks or CC. Yup. :p I also put in a no-aging tree so the toddlers would not grow up!

SingleClawDesigns
11th Mar 2012, 12:56 AM
Bringing back dead sims who aren't suppose to come back. Kind of wanted to see how long it would take before the hood went bye bye.

AlexandraSpears
11th Mar 2012, 3:28 AM
Dude, that ain't stupid, that's plain TORTURE! :lol:

DigitalSympathies
11th Mar 2012, 3:56 AM
Clicking on the CAS button.

I MEAN . . . (waits for little immediate crash circle cursor icon thingy - oh, there it is . . . sigh . . .)

Once in one of my earliest games, I had a sim abuse the Tombstone of Life and Death and I had her have like, 50 babies in the space of about a sim week.

The social worker was not pleased.

AlexandraSpears
11th Mar 2012, 4:24 AM
The Caliente sisters don't have a smoke detector in their house. So that's how I found out that you can have one of them stick a TV dinner in the oven and go to bed...need I say more?

Bwinney43
11th Mar 2012, 4:52 AM
I've never done anything that I knew was stupid. Especially if it screams "CORRUPTION!!!!"

Peni Griffin
11th Mar 2012, 5:09 AM
I let Clovis Point date his best friend's mom.

Draaaaama. Juicy draaaaaama. But his best friend is my favorite sim, and it was so sad to see him getting angry at Clovis's other girlfriends, and being Very Very Disappointed at Clovis; and took me months to repair the relationship.

JDacapo
11th Mar 2012, 5:22 AM
I've moved out sims and then deleted them from the bin, then made new sims with their same names. Didn't know deleting sims was bad. Dunno what other VBTs I did but yeah... I play Uber-Megahood now and might make a new custom hood. Also, in one custom hood, I changed an adult into a toddler, then to a child, and then got a warning about her having an F grade and the social worker came and started taking the other baby. I exited without saving. Also played the Curious household with Inteenimator. Bad idea - it would glitch and turn Vidcund into a teen with an adult body shortly after he returned from his abduction and Pascal had his alien spawn. Might look for an alternative, but it's not too big of a loss for me, really. ACR seems to let teens do woohoo at the very least.

omglo
11th Mar 2012, 5:27 AM
When I was new, I let a pair of unemployed family Sims adopt a new baby every day until they reached the allowable limit of Sims in a home. Then, years later, knowing how insane that family was, I gave Jessica Picaso super fertility and allowed her to procreate to her heart's content. A couple days into each pregnancy, I'd have her or Matthew adopt an infant, so they'd functionally have twins or triplets. This was in a hacked game that allowed 50 Sims on a lot. Jessica and Matthew were always crying and had to quit their jobs because they needed all that extra time to take care of all the kids and sleep.

I also let Don Lothario go on dates on community lots.

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
11th Mar 2012, 5:42 AM
I always try to kill the pre-scripted burglar that shows up at the Caliente house. Buy an alarm and the assault rifle from Simwardrobe and wait for the good times to roll. One time the cop showed up before Dina could fill the burglar with lead and then, when she had offed the burglar , it seemed maxis had not programmed for such a contingency. The cop ran and paced around the lot looking very befuddled before he left about three sim hours later.

sierrakusterbeck
11th Mar 2012, 5:47 AM
I would make about 15 families a day and play them each for 30 minutes and then I would move a ton of families to the sim bin and delete them all.
Why even put a delete button in the game if it's gonna cause corruption? >.<

sushigal007
11th Mar 2012, 11:27 AM
Installed a bigger families mod and had a sim try to invite everyone he knew to move in, then never controlled them. It was for a challenge. XD There were something like 53 sims in the house before they started dying and the children got taken away by the social worker.

katya_stevens
11th Mar 2012, 12:18 PM
Also played the Curious household with Inteenimator. Bad idea - it would glitch and turn Vidcund into a teen with an adult body shortly after he returned from his abduction and Pascal had his alien spawn. Might look for an alternative, but it's not too big of a loss for me, really. ACR seems to let teens do woohoo at the very least.

It's not strictly the fault of InTeen -- the premades in Strangetown and Veronaville have missing or junk data, and InTeen latches on to that and has some odd effects (number one is adults being seen as teens). Simply spawning their biological clock should fix them.

---

As for me, I don't think I've done anything on purpose that I shouldn't have -- all my mistakes have been accidental.

AlexandraSpears
11th Mar 2012, 2:34 PM
I always try to kill the pre-scripted burglar that shows up at the Caliente house. Buy an alarm and the assault rifle from Simwardrobe and wait for the good times to roll. One time the cop showed up before Dina could fill the burglar with lead and then, when she had offed the burglar , it seemed maxis had not programmed for such a contingency. The cop ran and paced around the lot looking very befuddled before he left about three sim hours later.

I always wondered what would happen if you did that.

I have the "anyone fights burglars" mod and it's funny...after my Sim gives the burglar a much-deserved beatdown and gets his stuff back, the cop gets a turn!

dieKristina
11th Mar 2012, 6:09 PM
A long time ago I summoned Mrs Crumblebottom to a lot, made her selectable and killed her. I was so sick of her that I just wanted to get rid of her forever. And I did that despite the fact that I had just read that doing it would corrupt the neighborhood. But to be honest I didn´t know what neighborhood corruption exactly was back then. I actually though it sounded pretty exciting :faceslap: . I imagined that it would make the ´hood totally glitchy in a funny sort of way where lots of unexpected things would happen all the time. I had no idea that it would slowly kill the neighborhood and I definitaly didn´t know that messing with Crumblebuttom would not only corrupt the neighborhood but also the install files. Luckily I reinstalled the game shortly after I killed little Miss Crumble.

AlexandraSpears
11th Mar 2012, 6:19 PM
Mrs. Crumplebottom is fun to tick off, IMO. I send my married couples downtown to use the photo booth for something other than taking pictures...just to spite the old battleaxe.

dieKristina
11th Mar 2012, 6:52 PM
Yeah, I have learned to kind of like her now actually. If you send two sims on a date you can just wait with all romantic interaction until she is somewhere else. Then when the date is a dream date you can provoke her by sending the sims to the photo booth to... yeah, you know... :heyhey:

SingleClawDesigns
11th Mar 2012, 7:00 PM
Dude, that ain't stupid, that's plain TORTURE! :lol:

It was stupid to me because A) deleted the hood in less then a week anyway because my attention span is so short. B) Skip and Brandi having ten kids and never renovating the lot is just wrong but totally fun and was the sole purpose of ruining the hood.

Do babies from the object NPC's come out as clones of the playable sims? I wanna try that next LOL

AlexandraSpears
11th Mar 2012, 7:31 PM
It's not strictly the fault of InTeen -- the premades in Strangetown and Veronaville have missing or junk data, and InTeen latches on to that and has some odd effects (number one is adults being seen as teens). Simply spawning their biological clock should fix them.

If I have Inteen installed I keep getting the notification that the Beakers will age up at 6 pm. Every single day.

dameautour
11th Mar 2012, 10:14 PM
I just stared at all the piles of leaves from all those freaking trees and gave up. I made her just burn them, burn them all. Her husband came home to her ashes. I don't care.

frankokomando
11th Mar 2012, 11:10 PM
I summoned Mrs. Crumplebottom to my sims lot just to see her hit my sim with a purse. It wasn't until later I learned that summoning her is a bad thing. =/

DigitalSympathies
11th Mar 2012, 11:29 PM
Oh oh oho, I have another good one I just remembered.

I have inSIM and inTeen, right? And ACR. So I leave one night to go work on some stuff in my shop, not realising I'd hit p to UNPAUSE (thinking it was already unpaused and I wanted to pause it for a moment) and I come back the next day (I usually leave the computer on to save load times, just with the monitor off) and every teen in my boarding school challenge has gone at it and there are now many starving babies to take care of.

-headdesks-

nicolelovessims3
12th Mar 2012, 12:58 AM
i drowned a sim :( i wanted to see what would happen to the others :faceslap:

AlexandraSpears
12th Mar 2012, 1:39 AM
Am I the only one who's never had a Sim drown?

Clashfan
12th Mar 2012, 1:45 AM
Am I the only one who's never had a Sim drown?
Nope, I've never drowned a Sim.

I had a Sim stuck in mystery limbo way back when and her lot was frozen. To try and solve the problem I kept inviting her over to another playable's house and tried to kill her off. It wasn't possible to do but that's the only time I've ever tried to drown a Sim.

I find it to disturbing and there are other methods that seem less torturous if I really need to off a Sim.

AlexandraSpears
12th Mar 2012, 5:01 AM
Yeah, they're just pixels, but seeing a Sim drown would disturb me.

I've lost Sims to fire, satellites, and old age. Pretty much it.

Orilon
12th Mar 2012, 6:20 AM
I've never had a Sim drown. I only had a Sim die of something other than old age once, and that was a legitimate accident. I couldn't see the townie's hunger and didn't know it was low enough to kill her.

Mrmo
12th Mar 2012, 12:57 PM
Before I had the hack I was quite fed up whit old lady Crumplebottom. So when she showed up on a sim owned community lot I build walls around her course I wanted to kill her by starvation. But of course, it did not work.

AlexandraSpears
12th Mar 2012, 2:44 PM
I think Mrs. Crumplebottom was supposed to have been Mortimer Goth's aunt or something. Any wonder she's still around? :lol:

Deryn
12th Mar 2012, 5:32 PM
Well since Morty invented the elixer of Life (or discovered the fountain of youth) I'm sure he's been giving it to certain people (like the Oldies, and Mrs. C) whom he likes which is why they are still around 25 years after the events of the Sims. It's too bad he didn't give it to the Hicks, I miss them.

Orilon
12th Mar 2012, 5:45 PM
Mortimer's Aunt Agnes Crumplebottom is buried in the graveyard on the Goth's lot. So I don't think he's actually related to the downtown Mrs. Crumplebottom that hits everyone with her purse.

punkrockgoth1988
12th Mar 2012, 6:08 PM
Mortimer's Aunt Agnes Crumplebottom is buried in the graveyard on the Goth's lot. So I don't think he's actually related to the downtown Mrs. Crumplebottom that hits everyone with her purse.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Nightlife Crumplebottom is actually a niece of the original Mrs. C from Hot Date. Of course, I cannot recall where I read that at. It could merely be a fan theory.

On a different note, I've had Sims die from the following: Old Age, Fire, Starvation, Drowning, and by Satellite. Out of those, only one of the two fire deaths were accidental while the starvation and drowning deaths were also on purpose. The satellite death was the first child death I've ever had and it was totally accidental.

Babahara
12th Mar 2012, 7:58 PM
When I discovered Bella Goth in Strangetown, I saw that she had a romance aspiration and decided to play her as a greedy romance sim, since she supposedly married Mortimer for his money. That must be the only time I played such a sim, but she left a lot of evil in her wake.

She kept marrying sims with topped careers and offing them to get their houses. Then she sold them to get money. Eventually she had her eye on the Smiths' house, but unfortunately, it was occupied and Smiths wouldn't move out. Neither she could do it the normal way and marry into the Smiths. Meanwhile she got acquainted with a townie named Abjheet who was a counterfeiter, and he devised a plan on how both of them could get that house. Bella pretended to be a maid and went to work for Smiths where she drowned their kids in their own swimming pool by removing the ladder, while Abjheet abducted and killed the adults elsewhere. They thought that different types of deaths would make their disappearance less conspicuous. Now she could finally buy the house.

However, Bella never saw drowned ghosts before, and now she had them! No matter how she wiped the water from the floor, no matter how the maid was helping, the whole house was in puddles. I was driven crazy, too, because I saw ghosts with puddles for the first time, too. And back then I had no idea that you can move\smash gravestones. The house became unplayable, the whole day was not enough to get rid of water puddles.

So eventually Bella left the house to Abjheet and found another guy to move in with. She wanted to use him like others, but something has driven me to make her pregnant, possibly my wish to punish her for her misdeeds. She was mourning the pregnancy, until at one moment she fell down and died from hunger (not intentionally, I simply was so horrible at playing TS2). Her boyfriend was home and managed to save her. After that Bella was so touched that she agreed to marry him, and was on her way to redemption.

There's a hole in my memory here, something bad must've happened to cause memories to be repressed... Next thing I remember is that the baby girl wound up taken by the social worker and re-adopted back by Bella alone, with her husband nowhere in sight. I've got no idea what happened to him. Neither I can remember how Bella managed to re-adopt her child back, which shouldn't be possible.

StrangeTownChick
12th Mar 2012, 11:50 PM
I confess, my "fighting parents" family was totally on purpose to begin with. I used Simslice's Candy Bowl and had two parents who always ate from it. It made them do odd interactions with eachother. Their daughter, a kid, never liked it, as they would often fight. She would cry and run into the other room when they fought. (Luckily, she had a CC R2-D2 to keep her company). Eventually the parents fell out of love, and when the candy bowl made the husband propose to the wife, she rejected him. They couldn't be invited to the same lot without fighting, and their relationship is forever ruined.

JDacapo
13th Mar 2012, 4:56 AM
When I discovered Bella Goth in Strangetown, I saw that she had a romance aspiration and decided to play her as a greedy romance sim, since she supposedly married Mortimer for his money. That must be the only time I played such a sim, but she left a lot of evil in her wake.

She kept marrying sims with topped careers and offing them to get their houses. Then she sold them to get money. Eventually she had her eye on the Smiths' house, but unfortunately, it was occupied and Smiths wouldn't move out. Neither she could do it the normal way and marry into the Smiths. Meanwhile she got acquainted with a townie named Abjheet who was a counterfeiter, and he devised a plan on how both of them could get that house. Bella pretended to be a maid and went to work for Smiths where she drowned their kids in their own swimming pool by removing the ladder, while Abjheet abducted and killed the adults elsewhere. They thought that different types of deaths would make their disappearance less conspicuous. Now she could finally buy the house.

However, Bella never saw drowned ghosts before, and now she had them! No matter how she wiped the water from the floor, no matter how the maid was helping, the whole house was in puddles. I was driven crazy, too, because I saw ghosts with puddles for the first time, too. And back then I had no idea that you can move\smash gravestones. The house became unplayable, the whole day was not enough to get rid of water puddles.

So eventually Bella left the house to Abjheet and found another guy to move in with. She wanted to use him like others, but something has driven me to make her pregnant, possibly my wish to punish her for her misdeeds. She was mourning the pregnancy, until at one moment she fell down and died from hunger (not intentionally, I simply was so horrible at playing TS2). Her boyfriend was home and managed to save her. After that Bella was so touched that she agreed to marry him, and was on her way to redemption.

There's a hole in my memory here, something bad must've happened to cause memories to be repressed... Next thing I remember is that the baby girl wound up taken by the social worker and re-adopted back by Bella alone, with her husband nowhere in sight. I've got no idea what happened to him. Neither I can remember how Bella managed to re-adopt her child back, which shouldn't be possible.

Aww poor Jill... :(

vhanster
14th Mar 2012, 7:42 AM
I would create tons of Households and leave them to rot in the Sim Bin. Then I decide I don't want to play them and delete all characters. The neighborhood is now empty. I create new households that are pretty much the same/similar with the ones I deleted earlier...

maxon
14th Mar 2012, 3:35 PM
I would create tons of Households and leave them to rot in the Sim Bin. Then I decide I don't want to play them and delete all characters. The neighborhood is now empty. I create new households that are pretty much the same/similar with the ones I deleted earlier...
I think we know where this is going. I take it the neighourhood is now defunct?

smellincoffee
14th Mar 2012, 10:37 PM
I once told one of my legacy heir's children to dive into the pool. Sure, he had low energy, but this is Sims 2. Children can't die.

Hey, whaddya know, they can. :(

I did the same thing with a Servo. "Hey, R. Daneel's fun is down. I'll have him jump in the pool. His circuits are insulated, right?"

Nope. Servo also isn't a good choice for fixing showers...

StrangeTownChick
14th Mar 2012, 10:51 PM
Guys, if there was a nooby/stupid thing you did by accident, it would probably go in this thread.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=400680
This thread here is for stupid things you do on /purpose/.

Gcgb53191
14th Mar 2012, 11:59 PM
I did the same thing with a Servo. "Hey, R. Daneel's fun is down. I'll have him jump in the pool. His circuits are insulated, right?"

Nope. Servo also isn't a good choice for fixing showers...

Did it kill the servo :lol: I must know because I want to kill mine off soon :duck:

JDacapo
15th Mar 2012, 10:49 AM
I get a kick out of getting non-knowledge male sims abducted, because they cry for the rest of the night afterward. Don Lothario didn't, though, because I had the lesswhiny mod installed. At least they always get a good memory of having their intersteller spawn-babies.

Peni Griffin
15th Mar 2012, 1:16 PM
That's odd. Neither Clovis Point (Romance) nor Gene Skirt (Fortune) cried after their abductions. I'd think it had something to do with their aspiration level, but whereas Clovis had been having a nice enough life (he was easy to please - new girl twice a week, best girl once a week, parties and outings and skill points in between) that even after his god-awful date he was only down to gold aspiration once the spaceship kicked him out, I don't think I'd gotten Gene to gold more than once or twice in his life. He's a pretty morose fellow who pretty much only likes making money. He went straight to bed and that ended the rotation, but I saw him a lot between rotations and he acted as he always did when out in company - a little standoffish and brusque.

There's a lot of variation in the behavior of the sims from game to game, I find. Behaviors that drive some people wiggy never show at all in other games.

Sorry, thread drift. I haven't been stupid on purpose often enough to contribute.

JDacapo
16th Mar 2012, 1:33 AM
That's odd. Neither Clovis Point (Romance) nor Gene Skirt (Fortune) cried after their abductions. I'd think it had something to do with their aspiration level, but whereas Clovis had been having a nice enough life (he was easy to please - new girl twice a week, best girl once a week, parties and outings and skill points in between) that even after his god-awful date he was only down to gold aspiration once the spaceship kicked him out, I don't think I'd gotten Gene to gold more than once or twice in his life. He's a pretty morose fellow who pretty much only likes making money. He went straight to bed and that ended the rotation, but I saw him a lot between rotations and he acted as he always did when out in company - a little standoffish and brusque.

There's a lot of variation in the behavior of the sims from game to game, I find. Behaviors that drive some people wiggy never show at all in other games.

Sorry, thread drift. I haven't been stupid on purpose often enough to contribute.

Might have somethin' to do with their niceness level... 'cause Ajay cried after getting abducted naturally XD