PDA

View Full Version : Sims Who Live Forever...?

McChoclatey
18th Mar 2012, 11:41 PM
What do you do with your immortal Sims? How to you manage them so you don't get bored? Do you give them a sudden death (by fire, drowning, bed, etc.) or do you let them live through generations?

I have a zombie Sim who's been with his lover for one whole life stage (meaning his love's an elder now). Their house is pretty lively, I mean, I like to renovate their house and change up their looks and outfits a lot, but the Sims are still the same. I'm trying to give my Sim a purpose, without having to redo a lot of the job careers (I'm sick of seeing Captain Hero wants!) but I'm also not thinking of having my sim cheat and make new lovers.

So, what do you do with your immortal sims?

SingleClawDesigns
19th Mar 2012, 2:14 AM
That's my issue with vampires. In that case I make them nomadic romance sims who never marry never have a bloodline so as to be able to move through generations seamlessly. My elders are on the other hand tend to stick around longer then needed. Mostly because if they're an elder couple adopting I want them to live to see grandchildren. So it may take awhile. Then I have to decide whether they see great grandkids or not.

Simonut
19th Mar 2012, 2:30 AM
I have certain Sims that I made in body shop and some favorite Sims in my neighborhood like for example in PleasantView it is Don Lothario. Who I will never let go to the next stage of being an elder and then died out. I just play some of my neighborhoods like a Syfy fantasy where certain Sims I really like just live on forever, getting bored is never an option for me. The only time I ever got rid of a Sims was one time I download a beautiful female Sims.

But everytime she would smile or talk her teeth was like a vampire it was terrible ( the creator did not mention or claim they did not know she had these kind of teeth, the creator did use custom teeth so that made me think they knew it. ) even after removing the teeth from my downloads she still had vampire teeth. Is she still alive in my game ? No and than No, I kill her off that same day once I found out her teeth was that way. First time I ever cause a Sims to have a sudden death. I did not want her around forever and did not want her DNA in my hood, because I do not play vampires or anything that look like one. The Sims I like who you may say is immortal is only those I want to be. :blink:

StarlightBeauty
19th Mar 2012, 2:47 AM
Eh, if I don't want sims aging I just turn it off. I don't like seeing sims die, probably the main reason I never killed off any sims.
When I was 7, I played the Pleasant household, Angela didn't come in the taxi and died. Then that same night everything broke and the house caught on fire and her ghost was wandering around. I was scared to death.
Since I am still pretty young I still have a fear of ghost sims. I also don't like the idea of death, so all my sims stay alive.
The only time I willingly kill sims off is when they are borked (2nd attempt at a sims game, now I know it won't help any), Kill off characters I made playable and found out that they were NOT supposed to be playable (did I also mention I'm scared to death of glitches and borkiness?)... This is my thrid time running sims 2, and third time's a charm.
Well, that's pretty much my motivation for keeping my sims alive. If I get bored of them I simply move to a different household. Because some times, months later, they become interesting again. Sorry to go off topic.

gazania
19th Mar 2012, 3:34 AM
Eh, if I don't want sims aging I just turn it off. I don't like seeing sims die, probably the main reason I never killed off any sims.
When I was 7, I played the Pleasant household, Angela didn't come in the taxi and died. Then that same night everything broke and the house caught on fire and her ghost was wandering around. I was scared to death.
Since I am still pretty young I still have a fear of ghost sims. I also don't like the idea of death, so all my sims stay alive.
The only time I willingly kill sims off is when they are borked (2nd attempt at a sims game, now I know it won't help any), Kill off characters I made playable and found out that they were NOT supposed to be playable (did I also mention I'm scared to death of glitches and borkiness?)... This is my thrid time running sims 2, and third time's a charm.
Well, that's pretty much my motivation for keeping my sims alive. If I get bored of them I simply move to a different household. Because some times, months later, they become interesting again. Sorry to go off topic.

I'm pretty much the same way, too. Just about all of my Sims live a long time, and I kill off only the borked ones as well. But so you know, most people do suggest that killing off Sims is much, much better than deleting from the Sim Bin, so yes, it can help your game if you kill them off, unless you're having other problems with your computer or your game.

Speaking of which ... is there a problem with your computer? There is a "tech help" section on this site if you need it. Follow the instructions first, of course.

And I agree with you re the "old" Sims. I have four neighborhoods, and will spend several weeks between them. It can take me weeks before I play a particular family again, and by then, I do regain interest in them. And I now make it a point to reset neighborhoods entirely at certain time intervals, so by the time I do get tired with the neighborhood, most likely, something's borked it anyway, and it's time to start again.

Well ... mine live ALMOST forever. :)

Peni Griffin
19th Mar 2012, 3:53 AM
The problem the original OP wishes to have addressed is not one I've encountered yet, not having played long enough. I will have to think long and carefully before purposely letting anyone build or servo or become a zombie (I do have one planned resurrection, which involves a chance of getting a zombie; I regard this as a normal game hazard) as to what I want that sim to do long-term. If you have a story use for a sim they will never become boring until the story is resolved; but of course an immortal sim may outgrow any number of stories.

An immortal sim could become attached to a family, being a kind of permanent live-in nanny. S/he could be hiding her immortality and reinventing herself once a generation or so, getting plastic surgery and a total makeover and inventing a new purpose, having a new family, etc. - this would be tricky to pull off. She could "move away" and go into the family bin until everyone she knew had died, then return to her old stomping grounds and get up to hijinks with her relatives. Found a cult or become a supreme ruler, creating a new overall storyline for the hood. That's all I get off the top of my head.

If you get fed up enough, you could just make her a townie, couldn't you? Why not have a zombie townie running around? You have vampire townies, after all.

Darby
19th Mar 2012, 4:18 AM
I've never had zombies, except as local "color" for the Apocalypse Challenge, but I've had quite a few vampires.

I really dislike the immortality aspect of zombies and vampires. Not too long ago, I downloaded some aging mods for vampires and zombies. Those are my "solution" to immortal sims, from now on.

Well, except for Servos. :/

KaiRuh
19th Mar 2012, 4:41 AM
I really dislike the immortality aspect of zombies and vampires. Not too long ago, I downloaded some aging mods for vampires and zombies. Those are my "solution" to immortal sims, from now on.

AHH, can you link them? I've been searching and searching for aging mods for them for ages and all of them have come up empty. So far I've just been tracking how old they should be in my rotation schedule and aging them up when they would have if they weren't immortal, and having mods for it so I can stop doing that would be phenomenal.

Deryn
19th Mar 2012, 4:47 AM
Perhaps the Immortal Sim may use his or her wealth to help his or her family , I mean why not have a vampire or Zombie run several businesses and raise them up to their highest level and then give them to his children, and their offspring. Perhaps the Zombie or Vampire can try to gain control of all the businesses in the neighborhood, or he or she could become a world traveler and spend his long years wandering distant lands and experiencing everything. The Immortal Sim could also live his life acquiring pets, training them and then giving them or selling them to those Sims who want a pet.

I have a zombie Sim who originally died in a fire with her husband on the family's farm, leaving a teen who wanted to go to college. The teen used his last wish (they had a genie lamp) to bring back his mom, but the wish screwed up and she returned as a zombie. Anyway the teen went to College and zombie mom stayed on the land spending her days caring for the families apple orchard and caring for their crops until the teen returned from college, and now she watches over her son and his children, and though she sometimes creeps out the kids she keeps nurturing her family even in undeath.

I also have a Vampire named Robin who runs a flower shop called Midnight bloom that's open all night to help those romance sims buy their intended's flowers and fragrances to set the mood for romance. This Vamp is also the town gossip monger and by befriending all the right Sims has learned all the towns dirty little secrets.

The moral of the story is that you as a player can invent lots of ways to keep an immortal Sim interesting, just give them a goal or mission in life and have fun with them. (I love watching my few zombie Sims clubbing and even after generations dancing horribly).

FranH
19th Mar 2012, 4:48 AM
I stopped playing vampires because of their incredible life spans (or is that death span?)and lack of playability (who needs blood suckers, anyway? Is that a real job?)-but I do have one Servo in my game who's going to be the 'nanny' for the neighborhood-when the family that she's with no longer needs her, she will move onto another family, and help them raise their brood..and so on down the line.

A sort of neighborhood 'memory' machine, who will never forget much, and will always be available for a position-who will provide a living link to all the families, and know them.

The reason being is that Servos are much more useful in game than vampires-and they don't really need alot of care except to get recharged every once in a while, and not to bathe in the bathtub, or fix the shower.

Darby
19th Mar 2012, 4:49 AM
KaiRuh, I was going to link them, or at least tell who made them, but I couldn't confirm who I thought it was. (I've got a looooot of mods.)

But give me a few, and I'll see if I can't run them down... (Will edit this post.)

ETA: They're Squinge's. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,24886.0.html
Enjoy! :)

haricots
19th Mar 2012, 12:09 PM
I'm going through more than 20 generations with the Pleasantview, since I start playing Sims 2. There's one wise old man there that I make as the only immortal human in entire Pleasantview. He...is the mayor of the Pleasantview, and now he's like a dictator. :P

M.M.A.A.
19th Mar 2012, 4:36 PM
I dont have immortal sims, all sims in my game die, whether it was an accident (not sure about thet yet) or old age, because i think that playing with aging off is boring, since my main purpose here is to build up families and generations.

Babahara
19th Mar 2012, 5:23 PM
My only immortal sims are the queen's family (they're vampires) and two servos.

The queen isn't played much, I only switch to her to receive taxes sent via the checkbook to her inventory or to make her travel to a graveyard in order to bury sims. So I'm not very bored, and my hood has a formal reason for why a new queen isn't appointed each generation. Once I had to play the queen's household extensively, when she needed to produce heirs just in case, and the servo was growing produce in the garden.

One servo serves the queen, so he isn't played much, either. Another lives with the Worthingtons, I'm not really bored with it, I just don't pay attention. She crafts and goes to work. Any time I got bored with her for some reason or another, a sim turned her off.

Julieryc
19th Mar 2012, 8:24 PM
It's not really an answer on "how to play" them, but I installed aging hacks so that my vampires aren't immortal, since I prefer it that way. Less possibilities of incest that the game doesn't recognize, like developing 3 bolts for your great-great-granddaughter - which is a problem if you have ACR installed because there are no family ties (unless you edit them in with SimPE, which is a pain.) My self-sim is the only immortal I play, and I only play her in the sense that after her children have grown up, I leave her and her husband in their house as late adults and never touch them - they never die, but I never play them again, either, so they only get involved inasmuch as they befriend their great-great-grandchildren or are seen around town at community lots.

You could, however, play your immortal sims as if they have to take up a new life every time their non-immortal spouse dies. You could either have them stick their head in the ReNuYu Orb and give them a completely different personality, or change their turn-ons/turn-offs and then have them go out into the next generation. (Or you could keep them the same, but force them to move to a different part of town and do something completely different - change their appearance in hair/makeup/clothing and make up a completely new identity for them.)

I really hate playing zombies, so not much I can advise you there (they can't have children, right, so that means you can't make them some sort of uber-matriarch/patriarch for their family), but if all else fails, you could turn them into the owner of an owned community lot that serves as your graveyard. Reaper Gravekeeper is the only alien in my game; I never play him, but summon him to a lot whenever there's a death (using a teleporter), make him selectable, and have him take the gravestone to place on one of the cemeteries he owns.

FranH
19th Mar 2012, 9:09 PM
Reaper Gravekeeper is the only alien in my game; I never play him, but summon him to a lot whenever there's a death (using a teleporter), make him selectable, and have him take the gravestone to place on one of the cemeteries he owns.
I started doing that, too! I've got a Grimoire Grimace in one of my 'other' hoods-and the sole purpose of his existence is to gather the dead to take back to his lot, a cemetery.

Heck, I'm tempted to put another one in my medieval hood, as well-maybe he can live in a little shack or something in the far corner. Goodness knows, he's gonna be necessary in time to come. :p

Liv Lukas
19th Mar 2012, 9:14 PM
You could, however, play your immortal sims as if they have to take up a new life every time their non-immortal spouse dies. You could either have them stick their head in the ReNuYu Orb and give them a completely different personality, or change their turn-ons/turn-offs and then have them go out into the next generation. (Or you could keep them the same, but force them to move to a different part of town and do something completely different - change their appearance in hair/makeup/clothing and make up a completely new identity for them.)

Ooo, that is a dead smart idea, Julie. I do not play immortal/fantasy Sims, except that I might one day make a servo - and if I did, that would be how I would play it, passing the servo down through generations, having the servo take on the personality of it's new master each time.

Can servos use the renuyu orb?

Mrmo
19th Mar 2012, 9:17 PM
All my sims live forever. I want to play that way and always turns the aging off as soon as a sim have moved into a house. Sometimes I have to turn it back on (I.E. in order to let babies to become toolerst and so) but then I turn it off again. All players have their own ways of playing. Some want to play generations but I don't. The only sims who are dead in my game was made dead (like members of the Monty and Capp familys).

smorbie1
20th Mar 2012, 10:20 PM
I cure my vampires and zombies when I get tired of playing them and then let them die naturally. however, I just downloaded the aging hack and will let them die that way from now on.

Traveler
21st Mar 2012, 12:33 AM
I like to see my Sims age, and eventually pass away. It provides more of a realistic game (i.e. Grandchild is Elder and Grandfather is Adult). Immortal Sims can get really boring after a while (especially after you fulfill their Lifetime Want)..

~ Traveler

mr_db1
23rd Mar 2012, 12:36 AM
in the case of a sim living for ever their is one in one of my families that doesn't seem to age
the big problem is he is a baby that has been around for 24 sim-days already by all standards he should have been 2 days from adult
(that sim-day count I can compare with the others still living (and normal aging) there, ---> they are cow-plant farmers after all)

ok I do confess I never order them to age the babies in the house so partly my fault I guess
but his 'roomies' all got helped to toddler stage and considering 2 of them were only woohoo-ed together after he was already there
it is just strange that he is still that young

oh well, I think I'll have to find his mommy back somewhere and ask her to look into the matter
(she took off 2 days after giving birth to him, fear of cow-plants maybe)

one positive side to it he never knew boredom.

Saturnfly
23rd Mar 2012, 3:52 AM
Not really the same, but I've had Servo's around for generations, made I think by a second gen sim. I think the good thing about ageless sims is you can forget about them until you want to play them, because you don't need to worry about realistic time and such.
I do have two sims that I want to turn into vampires, Dawson Hurt especially since he's too cute to kill off. P:

Ujimushiko
23rd Mar 2012, 5:14 AM
I don't usually play immortal sims, but I love the idea of having them marry, have children, and start over when their spouse dies and their children are grown and on their own.