PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Sims with the same name

TychoH
23rd Mar 2012, 5:49 PM
I like to name the children after their grandparents, so their first and second names are the same. Will that corrupt the 'hood or am I fearing something that isn't a fear at all?

Gcgb53191
23rd Mar 2012, 5:52 PM
I dont think thats a problem at all.

Mootilda
23rd Mar 2012, 7:10 PM
Not a problem at all. Sims are identified internally using various unique numbers; the names are for your benefit only.

TychoH
23rd Mar 2012, 7:34 PM
Thanks, I'm happy with that and continue naming them after eachother :)

mr_db1
23rd Mar 2012, 9:29 PM
no it will only confuse you if something sim related happens

if for example you have 3 generations of Rose Pettle (and none of them are in sight)
and you get the message Rose has done......... , who is the one related to the action?
there is no picture with it to tell you which Rose did that thing

I happen to know 2 with the same name from the townie class
both were visiting and made playable for a while
then one of them did something stupid
and I still don't know which, I had to turn them back to townie class to get rid of that

sushigal007
23rd Mar 2012, 9:43 PM
Perfectly fine. I have male and female versions of the same people in my hood, and the only trouble I've had is when there's text-only options. Like once I had one sim influence a flirt on the wrong sim because there was no picture. REJECTED.

DigitalSympathies
23rd Mar 2012, 9:58 PM
This is actually quite interesting with Townies because in one of my machinima series, it deals with all of the "children of the townies" without DIRECTLY mentioning it. ;) People just kind of picked up on it around episode six. So what I do is, if there are two sims with the same last name, I relate them based on their ages/genetics in a way that makes sense. So Marylena Hamilton, the deliverywoman, and Marylena Hamilton the teenager are related - the deliverywoman is her aunt and Marion Hamilton is the deliverywoman's twin sister who had the teenaged Marylena. I know, confusing x'D But I like to think in that case that Marylena was a fashionable name at the time, verging on classic - and that Marion was so close to her sister that she named her daughter after her.