PDA

View Full Version : Do guys/men play Sims2 like girls do or do they...

LaurellKH
27th Jun 2012, 7:07 PM
download only sport cars and wide screen tv's and try to make ladies with big bazonkers? Or do boys also enjoy making rooms with flower wallpapers and doilies?

Or say different way, do men play sims same way women play sims?

Peni Griffin
27th Jun 2012, 7:24 PM
Which men? Which women? Plenty of women on here play the Apocalypse Challenge, which is hardly flower wallpapers and doilies.

Nicki4President
27th Jun 2012, 7:29 PM
I'm a dude and I enjoy building houses and stuff more than actually playing sometimes. Although, if I have just completed a sick house/apartment block, I will make a Sim to live there.

Johnny_Bravo
27th Jun 2012, 7:42 PM
I'm a boy and I love to make pink houses with pink and yellow interior for my feminist Sims. Nah, jk. But I do make purple/pink rooms when I build a house with more bedrooms (Master, boy, girl and guest bedroom)

Fivey
27th Jun 2012, 7:48 PM
Delphy is a guy.

Just sayin'.

maxon
27th Jun 2012, 7:52 PM
<removes stogie from mouth> What you mean play it like a war zone like I do? Do men like that stuff? I thought it was just us girls. <shrug>

poisonapple888
27th Jun 2012, 7:54 PM
I'm a girl and I like having nice sports cars and huge televisions. Kent Capp just got to the top of the science career and I moved him into a nice house. It's pretty nice with a pool table, fancy kitchen, bathroom and all. My girls rooms are really girly though. Cupcakes, candy, and stuffed animals. I guess I play pretty friendly and girly though. First loves are generally who they stay with, everyone is feminine and pretty-looking.

M.M.A.A.
27th Jun 2012, 7:55 PM
Dude over here and am more interested in playing the game rather than downloading flat screens or having "big bazonakas" or what ever you call them. When I find it, appropriate I use paint with flowers, but not always the girly type, girly type is mostly for bedrooms, but those that seem like, umm, what's the word? Antique-ish, I use for living/dining rooms. I admit that I like having cars in my game, but that is not the ultimate purpose of playing. The main reason why I like the game is because of the planning building houses. I love Architecture, which I may major in later on in college.

StrangeTownChick
27th Jun 2012, 8:00 PM
Did you seriously just use the word "Bazonkers"?

M.M.A.A.
27th Jun 2012, 8:03 PM
Did you seriously just use the word "Bazonkers"?

It wasn't me who used it in the first place, or, is your Q directed to the OP?

el_flel
27th Jun 2012, 8:21 PM
I'm a girl and one of my favourite ever sims was a complete bachelor. He was in the Showbiz career track so earning loads of money, lived in a house decorated in black and red and leather with a hot tub, vibrating love bed, sports car, flat screen tv, etc., had wild parties, and his LTW was to woohoo with 20 sims, which he accomplished. He was awesome.

I also love, love, love playing zombie apocalypse challenges.

DJ.
27th Jun 2012, 8:27 PM
Well... it takes me equally to edit a girl and a boy in CAS.

Decorating homes is one of the best times I spend while playing TS2 (except, of course, playing the actual Sims). And I can't just drop some furniture in there and pretend like it's more valuable than the whole Downtown lots combined together.

I like how you say "Do men play Sims2" in the title. Makes me feel strong that I reply here. MUSCULAR. Yeah. :lol: JK

All together, I believe everybody plays TS2 their own way. There are girls who'll barely constuct a dumpster and have her princess live there, other girls will make a castle and let a tramp live there (and third ones will have princesses in castles, and fourth ones will have tramps in dumpsters, I think you get me, bla bla, move on) - some guys will buy flat screen TVs and TVs and cars only, and move their Sim there, other's will play princesses in castles...

Let there be Sims.

crocobaura
27th Jun 2012, 8:43 PM
I suppose downloading sports cars and making ladies with big bazonkers would be pointless without playing. They are just details that help to tell a story.

labellavienna
27th Jun 2012, 8:46 PM
If you are talking about the conventional man...I don't think he would touch the Sims with a 5 foot pole anyway. Most people who play the sims tend to blur the lines of gender identity, I think it is really awesome!

TortureTheNannies
27th Jun 2012, 9:01 PM
*Checks to see if I'm a conventional man* ... can we get a definition on that? I'm 30+ male and played Sims 2 for seven years. Do I play it like you do ? Well the sports cars are boring, but large coconuts on a sim? that's boring too. My sims get what EA gave them, and they're happy with it. They have a shirt that says "my boobs are real" if that's any concern. I don't make houses all in pink, purple, red and black, but most women I know don't make those houses either. My sims wear mostly ugly clothes, get and lose jobs, watch their kids get taken away, have affairs, and their houses burn down. Do you play the game different than I do?

VerDeTerre
27th Jun 2012, 9:02 PM
I know, or have known, teenage boys who play the Sims. They seem to enjoy many of the same details that I do. They love decorating. They love manipulating game play. They like exploring, "what if....?"

One young man I know learned that he really loved a certain look in homes and buildings. Whenever we went anywhere, I would overhear him telling his sister to note the details of how some place was landscaped or furnished in order to create a feeling of opulence. Like me, when he played families, he tended to make them like him and made sure that they were super interested in the sciences.

Another young man I talked to shortly "Nightlife" came out was fascinated with vampires and wanted to know all the ins and outs of what they did in the game.

Some people call it an electronic dollhouse and I suppose it is. But it's also a vehicle for exploration of architectural, landscaping, and design concepts and for storytelling. It's also more than that.

Peni Griffin
27th Jun 2012, 9:13 PM
Mind you, I was just saying the other day that this is a "modern middle aged lady" sort of game. Our mothers watched their "stories" on TV; we make ours. And they have mpreg, aliens, ghosts, and - if we prefer it - an ever-rotating cast of characters so that it isn't necessary to have people who are supposed to be smart behaving stupidly in order to get drama. We can pass the drama around, and the couples we prefer to 'ship will stay together.

That said - in my family, my husband (and, until he moved out, our male housemate) is the one who watches the night-time soaps, Desperate Housewives and so on. He's the one introducing me to Downton Abbey, not the other way around. When we watched Buffy together we could talk to each other equally about the soapy elements and the action elements. I watched the first season of Desperate Housewives for the mystery; he watched it through to the end long after I'd gotten fed up with all the characters. My husband doesn't play sims, but if he did, his game would be at least as soapy as mine is. Possibly more. Most likely, however, he'd get involved in some mechanical/programming process and become a modder.

There's an older thread on here (used to be at least two) about how sexist your simming is, and the original OP might find those posts illuminating. Presumably the question was set out of the common wisdom that men prefer power fantasies and women prefer relationship ones; and these two generalizations are true as far as they go. But they don't go very far. For one thing, there's more than those two kinds of fantasies. What about the fantasies of creative mastery, which Sims also addresses so superbly, and for which no one spits out gendered dichotomies? A lot of the appeal of sims lies in that area.

All generalizations are false.

esmesqualor
27th Jun 2012, 10:07 PM
I like how you say "Do men play Sims2" in the title...

yeah, and I wonder if women play like girls or do they play more like men? ;)

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
27th Jun 2012, 10:14 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/zwxfmq.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/34q9q8i.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/a9l0ur.jpg

Wuddya mean , "try" ?

http://i48.tinypic.com/2hhm0qt.jpg

You forgot surfboards , ya definitely surfboards. And a modicum of chivalry (lights Maxon's stogie)

Saturnfly
27th Jun 2012, 10:29 PM
Which men? Which women? Plenty of women on here play the Apocalypse Challenge, which is hardly flower wallpapers and doilies.

Could be covered in blood, or plague vomit. :P

smellincoffee
28th Jun 2012, 2:06 AM
I'm not sure how good my Dude cred is: I used to enjoy playing with Barbies as a kid. I didn't have my own, of course*, but I had a couple of female friends who thought it was cool that I didn't think Barbies were stupid. I liked them for the same reason I liked my own toys, for the same reason I like The Sims and all of my computer games: I enjoy creating worlds and telling stories. Through the years I've used The Sims and its sequels to tell all manner of stories in my head -- from tales of cops and robbers (or in my game, detectives versus mafia-type organizations) to romances. I like building homes and community lots just for the sake of seeing something aesthetially pleasing emerge by my own hand. I've played the game like an adolescent teenage boy ("Hey, I'll make a guy with a lot of money and three wives!") and like a little girl ("Hey, I'll make a superstar who will live in a mansion and have an entire room just to hold her awards!"). But then boom, the guy with three wives becomes a bit character in this huge neighborhood drama I've created, because I've decided to make him a Cult Leader and design the entire neighborhood into a little compound, having factions within his group declaring war on each other and micromanaging the compound's agarian economy. And then the superstar will have a daughter by a 1950s era gangster and suddenly she's caught into an elaborate story of power, ambition, and personal loyalty that puts to shame anything I've ever seen on the big screen when it plays out in my mind...

For what it's worth, most of my Sims don't drive (I consider driveways as taking up too much room) and virtually none of them have televisions, because they make too much noise. :p

*Okay, I had a Ken doll. How my ultra-conservative parents went along with that, I don't know. And I also turned some of my barbie-like action figures into "girls" by using play-doh to give them curves. Not "big bazonkers", but little doughy boobs all the same. :p

Fivey
28th Jun 2012, 2:37 AM
Oh, and gender stereotypes in relation to me? Well, they're certainly not flowers and rainbows.

Did I ever tell you about the one about the man who beat his girlfriend then shot his stepmom?

Or the man who wiped out the population of the town he lived in with an assault rifle, then proceeded to die of a happy old age?

How about the gal who killed her newborn out of fear, then found him alive years later with who she assumed to once be a deadbeat dad variety?

I think everyone heard those stories.

joandsarah77
28th Jun 2012, 2:45 AM
This is a weird thread. That is all.

Fivey
28th Jun 2012, 2:47 AM
This is a weird thread. That is all.

Discussion threads on B.A.S. are so many times weirder.

(just saying).

SingleClawDesigns
28th Jun 2012, 3:26 AM
1. big tvs are only allocated to certain sims in certain careers and only after level 5.
2. A big breasted female needs a roof over her head, so yes a house is necessary.
3. EAXIS COULD have done a little bit more with breast enhancement without the need for all the diff custom meshes, even I can agree to that.
4. Charlie Sheen couldn't even have the mental capacity to play this game and he's about as stereotypical as a male can get.
5. Can you tell I REALLY REALLY dislike that guy.

ButchSims
28th Jun 2012, 4:46 AM
I don't think you can really say that women play one way, men play another. It just seems to kinda stereotype gender roles, and I thought we were past that already.

Mootilda
28th Jun 2012, 4:54 AM
I don't think you can really say that women play one way, men play another. It just seems to kinda stereotype gender roles, and I thought we were past that already.Exactly! When did we start discussing issues from the 1950s?

Simsica
28th Jun 2012, 6:21 AM
Exactly! When did we start discussing issues from the 1950s?

Well, soon we'll be in 2050's and history reapets itself, didn't you know?

In my case - which is a female case, in case anyone was still wandering ;) - I love Star Trek and when I saw phasers on Paladin's site I couldn't resist them. So my Sims are armed. Ask one of them this question and let's see with what phaser setting would they respond.

TychoH
28th Jun 2012, 7:51 AM
I am a dude and I love to play with families, to see a baby grow into an adult and get children of his/her own. My houses are always the boring same, because I don't like to build. Big televisions are only there for they maximize the fun of my Sims so fast. No downloaded cars - only weapons, which I use for story purposes (one of my Sim ladies killed her husband for cheating on her with his mother-in-law).

If I think of what I know about my brothers gameplay (his Sims don't get any children and are working really hard) I think my game style is more 'girlish'. But who cares? I like it this way.

Yazoo
28th Jun 2012, 8:00 AM
I am a chick. That makes more lesbians then anything. Honestly, I download cars, and have big ass TVs. And all that jazz. I am a pioneer.

I am for reals serious here, when I say this. I tend to play the game how I want to play. Let everything slowly fall into place. And not worry, that one day my Sim is crying in a corner because her sister beat the shit out of her. Eh, she shouldn't have taken the last cookie. I am just saying.

I like downloading cars, mainly trucks. I have not a clue why, just do. And I like to download clothes that make my girls look like dudes. And hair that makes my girls look like dudes. Then again, I did download this hairstyle, that made my Sims look like Joan Jett (Females Only.) It was pretty cool.

I really don't think it matters how some people play the game. They just usually play to have fun, and forget the people in the world, that way they can breath *nods*

Like I said

I am a pioneer.

Aegagropilon
28th Jun 2012, 8:39 AM
I play my game like me.

Back when I was a little girl, I used to populate my Barbie houses with TMNT figures, He-Man characters, and various other monsters and aliens. They were all pretty oddball, but they comprised their own sorts of families and I made up all sorts of everyday-type stories with them. I probably played with the whole nutball clan longer than I should have, but I had a lot of fun and I could even get my male friends to join in because the toys weren't "dolls." (The Barbies themselves were usually part of an island cult ruled by Godzilla and his mom.)

My sims are about as normal as one can expect the grown version of that to play :lol: No wonder I like Strangetown!

Simsica
28th Jun 2012, 9:57 AM
I play my game like me.

Thus far I like this answer the best :) I wish I was the one to come up with it, cause essentially it's true. I also play this game like me. I play every other game in the same way too. Why, just the other day I started the newest run through Skyrim and I also played like me! Isn't that amazing?

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
28th Jun 2012, 1:33 PM
Groundbreaking for the new "Club Bazonkers" has been scheduled for this PM , ribbon cutting ceremony to be followed by a wet t-shirt contest , prospective judges to apply in person with 100$ application fee.

TortureTheNannies
28th Jun 2012, 2:00 PM
Bazonkers? I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts. ok. I invite one random person in this thread to get on my computer, my sims, and play it your way. Sorry, I have to limit that hood to the CC I have alraedy. Maybe we could start another with your list.

Peni Griffin
28th Jun 2012, 2:22 PM
So who played the part of Godzilla's mom, Aegagropilon? Enquiring minds want to know!

Selly_2009
28th Jun 2012, 2:27 PM
Why, just the other day I started the newest run through Skyrim and I also played like me! Isn't that amazing?I can say the same about Fables 2 and 3! My first run-through of any game tends to be how I'd react to a situation... only then can I feel free to try it differently.

As for Sims, yes I'd say I play my game like me too - chance cards for most sims tend to be chosen how I'd handle the situation out of the choices on offer! But at the same time, I'll try stuff in Sims that I certainly wouldn't do IRL ;)

SusannaG
28th Jun 2012, 6:20 PM
Yeah, I play like me, too.

And I play like me when I'm playing strategy games, too. Fancy that.

Aegagropilon
29th Jun 2012, 12:11 AM
So who played the part of Godzilla's mom, Aegagropilon? Enquiring minds want to know!

A second Godzilla toy, except that Momma Godzilla wore a dress and a cottonball beehive wig :lol:

Macaroodle
29th Jun 2012, 3:30 AM
Aega- LOL! Love it! I'm picturing her as a drawing by Gary Larson....

Gwonlyeog
29th Jun 2012, 3:58 AM
Why, just the other day I started the newest run through Skyrim and I also played like me! Isn't that amazing?

Haha, my Skyrim character is a... crazy Dark-Thief-Stormcloak-Who-Likes-Killing-Elves-And-Orcs-And-Other-Races-But-Nords-Cause-She's-A-Racist-Mother

Simsica
29th Jun 2012, 5:28 AM
A second Godzilla toy, except that Momma Godzilla wore a dress and a cottonball beehive wig :lol:

*engage tease, playground mode* (in fact, put a huge :P all around this entire post)
Your Momma Godzilla looks like a girl! Did you at least sustain from using pink?

*pulls Aegagropilon's hair then runs away like a boy

Sorry about that. What can you do? Girls will be girls! :D

Haha, my Skyrim character is a... crazy Dark-Thief-Stormcloak-Who-Likes-Killing-Elves-And-Orcs-And-Other-Races-But-Nords-Cause-She's-A-Racist-Mother

If you ran into a sneaky, ultra-fast, bow-wielding kitty that eats your kind for breakfast then picks her teeth with her Mehrune's Razor while she digests - who do you think would win?
Where's a kitty smiley when you need one?!

perihelion
29th Jun 2012, 1:42 PM
I play my game like me.

Back when I was a little girl, I used to populate my Barbie houses with TMNT figures, He-Man characters, and various other monsters and aliens. They were all pretty oddball, but they comprised their own sorts of families and I made up all sorts of everyday-type stories with them. I probably played with the whole nutball clan longer than I should have, but I had a lot of fun and I could even get my male friends to join in because the toys weren't "dolls." (The Barbies themselves were usually part of an island cult ruled by Godzilla and his mom.)

You must have been a blast to have as a playmate. :D

One one hand, I would like to tell the OP to write down their gender stereotypes on a sheet of paper, put it in a box and shove that box in their 'inventory'. On the other hand, I have quite a few big-boobed feminine Sims and a few lesbian couples and Sims who own big screen TVs and fancy cars and backyard pools etc etc etc. The whole 'boys' things and girls' things' thing is extremely outdated now, though, I still find myself having to break people out of it.

dtfan
29th Jun 2012, 9:46 PM
I'm a guy and I play The Sims, but I'm gay... so I don't think it counts.

DigitalSympathies
30th Jun 2012, 12:13 AM
@dtfan: Sure it does! Your orientation doesn't make you any less of a man. Technically, in my opinion, it makes you more of a man. :) Now if you could just model over here with these lovely men for my computer wallpaper . . .

I've always really been into what some people consider "exclusively-dude-oriented" games. And not just casually . . . like full-on nuts-and-sticks-fests up in there, but I don't mind. Each person has their own playing preference for any game, and mine just happens to be finding out the fastest way to watch everything burn. Gender stereotyping will get one nowhere, as the human mind is never set in stone.

It's set in zombie food. Get it right. ;D

hweldon81
30th Jun 2012, 2:33 AM
Interesting thread. I am a lesbian who loves the control aspect of the game, playing god, and creating family lines. They are my dolls. Not sure if this means I play like a girl. My roommate is a lesbian and gender queer (butch). She got her characters to the tops of their careers, got all the business perks, and got bored of the game. She liked designing houses most of all. She constantly says she "plays like a dude," but she also does almost everything in life "like a dude."

I think gender roles need to be questioned and need insightful and individual defining, but I also don't think they are non existent. I was raised extremely liberal with very broad boundaries around my gender expression. Basically, anything went. I have 3 younger brothers and we had a variety of toys and interests. Knowing my roommate has actually helped me realize that gender roles in and of themselves are not as evil as I was raised to believe. Each person just needs to follow what's comfortable for them and allow others to do the same.

In the end, I play like me. I used to have this compulsion as a child where I'd create families on lined paper. It would list names, ages, descriptions, etc. Then I'd go through catalogues and fliers and cut out pictures to paste beside my lists of family members. I did this for hours and created thousands of families, from the time I was 9 or 10 until I was in my late teens or early twenties. University made me too busy to spend hours on my compulsion, but then I discovered Sims 2 at 29. Now I have an electronic format with which to create my compulsive families, only it's so much better because then they can interact and carry on family lines. I find it interesting that this game gives me the exact same feeling I used to get creating my worlds on paper as a child. I am addicted so thoroughly to this game precisely because it facilitates a longstanding childhood activity. I play like me.

iCad
30th Jun 2012, 2:59 AM
Have we defined how one plays "like a girl" yet? So far as I can tell, I am a 48-year-old mostly heterosexual female, but I play much differently then my almost-15-year-old daughter, who is also a girl. But she's a Middle Ages fanatic, and she plays exclusively medieval, trying to be as historically-accurate as she can be. (Sims Medieval, when she tried it at a friend's house, pissed her right the hell off. You shoulda heard the ranting...) Is that "girly?" (I'd categorize it more like "extremely history-nerdy," myself, but what do I know?) Me, I'm all over the place. I play everything from Standard Nuclear Families (TM) to free-lovin' hippie nudist compounds. (No big bazonkers, though, because I can't be bothered with having non-standard body meshes.) Is that "girly?" Or "manly?" Or...Well, anything? I dunno...

Oh! I do have a thing for gay couples in my game, though. Having a goopy thing for gay men might be kind of girly. After all, most of the "slash" fanfiction out there is written by people who have two X chromosomes, not one... So, maybe I'm girly? I have no clue.

I also don't know IRL any guys who Sim, so I have nothing with which to compare.

Now, as for how I played as a kid: I had toy soldiers. Some of them were expensive ones made of pewter and then hand-painted, most of them "medieval" and sometimes on horseback, but most were just the cheap army-green plastic ones you could buy in a gallon-sized bucket for like 50 cents, at the time. My dad built this big table for me down in the basement, sort of like a model railroad table with the painted-on terrain and molded hills and to-scale trees and little buildings and bridges and stuff on it, and I'd carefully set up my toy soldiers in preparation for big, epic battles that never actually happened; I just liked making and positioning the formations and such, and then I'd start another battle without actually having the first. As for dolls, I vastly preferred GI Joe dolls (From the 70s, which were Barbie-doll sized) because their articulation was much more awesome than Barbie/Ken dolls. And, like smellincoffee, I gave some of them impromptu "sex changes." :lol: Which was especially funny because, at the time, some of the dolls had short velvet chest hair, just like the hair they had on their heads. :lol:

Firelira78
30th Jun 2012, 5:14 AM
Stereotypes obviously form when a majority of people do/prefer something and others are expected by society to imitate them. If they don't, eyebrows are raised. I'm used to stereotypical expectations in my society every time. So these don't offend me. :)

As far as guys playing Sims is concerned, I know one guy who loves playing sims: my husband. He used to get glued to the game after returning from work.(nowadays, he doesn't get much time unfortunately). He used to control two familes, while I controlled the rest in Veronaville.

But his playing style was entirely different from mine. All day he used to make his sims work like crazy, gain all the skills as soon as they could, then work on the badges. If they had nothing to do they could work out till they whined. :lol:

He didn't care about decorating the houses or giving the sims a makeover after they grew up and didn't bother in the least if they grew up in "Goopy clothes". I used to plead with him to let me make their houses and the sims a little bit bearable to look at. He used to go "OK, but don't spend too much on the decorating-thingymazy." (I of course decorated to my hearts content.)

He loved OFB and was a genius at it, even without hacks or cheats, his sims' business rank and customer loyalties shot up super fast. We both even played the asylum challenge and he beat my score slightly.

I actually did pick a few tips from him. For instance, he found out way back that if you buy things for sims and delete it from the inventory, you get to keep the aspiration points as well as the money.

Sims 3, he got bored of quickly, when the novelty wore off.

Mootilda
30th Jun 2012, 5:53 AM
Have we defined how one plays "like a girl" yet?Of course not. Because there is no such thing. That's why the whole topic is so silly.

There are probably as many ways to play as there are people who play, regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

TychoH
30th Jun 2012, 6:56 AM
If you can't say you play like a girl, maybe you can say: you play in family style, work style, medieval style. Doesn't matter if you are a dude or a girl, gay or not.

Fivey
30th Jun 2012, 7:45 AM
http://www.manylittleblessings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/playtime.jpg

I am sure this is what the OP means by 'play like a girl'.

lbsgirl24
30th Jun 2012, 9:22 AM
I get bored of sims pretty easily and right from the start once they start to bore me I kill them off no attachment whatsoever. I love playing perfectly ordinary families and slowly transforming them into strange and unrealistic things. The main reason sims 3 annoyed me was the difficulty it took to drown sims. I love chaos in my games and things not making sense. I love palying with supernatural monsters and unleashing them on an unsuspecting town.
Sure I played with dolls as a kid but even that turned out violent and messy in my head. I play differently depending on my mood sometimes I play families, sometimes I build and sometimes I create chaos.

katalina522
30th Jun 2012, 10:28 AM
I love to build--hoods, houses, community lots, whatever. I honestly like creating characters and scenarios much more than playing them through; I have so many mods to make my Sims autonomous it's not even funny, and even then I still get bored with gameplay unless I'm running a challenge to keep things interesting.

While this is not *technically* part of playstyle, I would be interested in seeing if there is a big gender disparity in terms of CC creation. Not just in the sense of who creates CC at all, but also in terms of what is being created by whom.

And I don't think the topic itself is silly. I think it's ill-defined and poorly worded, but the reality is that games like The Sims are considered "feminine" by advertisers because they are life-simulators and those are largely played by women and kids.

Peni Griffin
30th Jun 2012, 6:15 PM
OMG, I just realized what CC NEEDS to be in this game!

A Godzilla doll with a dress and a beehive hairdo!

My cat has more artistic skill than I do, alas, so I can't possibly do this.

RowenaLupin
30th Jun 2012, 7:44 PM
I've always been on the in-between. When i was little I would get boys to play barbie dolls or play house with me all the time, and the next day I would be playing video games with those same boys or playing some sort of tag or kickball etc. When I grew up, I got into Manga/Anime and I always read/watched Shounen anime because the Shojo always annoyed me with the incessant squealing, and the storylines left a lot to be desired.

I'm a female, but I like girly things and guyish things. My moods change from one thing to another. I play the way I see my Sims. For 1 Sim week I watch them interact autonomously and then I decide based on their personality and how they interact with others what their likes/interests/hobbies will be. I grew up getting muddy from being outside and not caring, and even playing dress up. So I think my game reflects that a lot. I'm very fluid. I don't do many challenges because I hate rules. Even rules that I set up myself, I never follow them hardly. I tried a BACC, but it backfired. So now I just compile everything I like into the game. Do I make pink houses? I have, when my Sims suit it. Do I make normal boring houses? Yep. Do I make the bachelor pads? Yup. Same with Bachelorette ones as well.

There's really not ONE way of play. There are thousands of ways, and the Sims gives this to us. When I had the Sims for console some odd years back (because I didn't own a computer) my now husband would sit there and dress all the Sims up and make them have multiple relationships, whether two guys, two girls, guy girl etc.. He liked the creating part of the whole thing. I liked the actual storyline.

There's way too much that the Sims has to offer in the end. There's something in the game for everyone, and that's what draws people in. In my opinion it also teaches us to do things that we never really considered before, and that's a good thing. =)

M.M.A.A.
30th Jun 2012, 8:29 PM
I just went on a CC downloading spree downloading clothes.

Mrmo
2nd Jul 2012, 12:18 AM
A interesting issue, really.

As you may know, I'm male. An adult. I started playing the sims back in 04 or so and in the begining it was just for the play. My gameplay have changed over time and still do. As my gameplay was getting better I began to build houses and create sims, things I still find interesting. As my hood got to big, I concentrated on the sims and right now I spend most of the time letting them gain skillpoints.

I'm going to try to answer the question asked in the top post: No, I do not only download sports cars and flat screen tv's even if this things are quite common in my hood. Yes, it's true that I have some attractive sims in the hood (some very attractive and some very big if you know what I mean) but that's not my main reason for playing the sims2. My goal is to have an mix of different looking sims.

I do not like fighting so I always try to make sims nice and try to make them be friendly to each other. I'm quite sure some players would find that boring but I don't care about that. I do not do challenges, that for a number of reasons. One of them is that I don't want to have any rules to play after. In real life, you have enough to care about, rules if you will, and for me the sims is a game where I play as I want to. Not everyone cup of tea, but mine.

Well, I hope this was an answer to the question. I do not know if my style of playing is mostly man or woman like but that's uninteresting. Thanks for the word and please, do not care so mush about my spelling.