PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 or Sims 3?

lolipop100
28th Jul 2012, 12:44 PM
hey, i want to know which is better to use for families and stuff. i dont really like loading screens :faceslap: but on sims 2 i can bear it. i like the horses in sims 3 but i usually end up with horses taking over the world! i like the building in sims 3 and the Creat A pattern but i like sims 2 furniture. i dont really know which gameplay i preffer but sims 3 def has best graphics. :lol:

I have for sims 3:
-Generations
-Pets
-World Adventures(not installed but i can soon change that :cool: )

and for sims 2:
-nightlife
-pets
-university
-open for business
-seasons
-freetime

i am playin on a Samsung laptop. i would give specs but i dont know them :|

also i dont use CC coz it really slows my laptop down.

xptl297
28th Jul 2012, 1:23 PM
They are 2 different games anyway. If you have both, play both.

miss.pink
28th Jul 2012, 3:49 PM
You can check the comparison between the sims 2 and the sims 3 here on the sims wiki and then decide who is right for you:http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Comparison_between_The_Sims_2_and_The_Sims_3

Saturnfly
29th Jul 2012, 3:24 AM
Wow, yet another variation of the same thread.

I suggest you play both, see which one you like and don't make another game comparison thread, since there's at least a bajillion of them already.

MattShizzle
29th Jul 2012, 3:30 AM
From what I've seen Sims3 stinks worse than a toilet that has been used (both #1 and #2) several times a day for 50,000 years and has never been flushed. Sims 2 has it's problems but with enough mods is a good game.

Rarr
29th Jul 2012, 3:43 AM
Good heavens, we really like to keep on this topic don't we?
I say play both. I prefer making houses (mostly outdoor spaces) on TS3, but I like the gameplay of TS2 better. I still enjoy playing both games, though. From my own experience, sims on TS2 pay more attention to each other, where in TS3 they tend to just use laptops all day. (I'm being SO hypocritical...)
edit- @Lollipop100- There is a ride able horse mod available here on MTS, since you said you liked horses. HERE (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=265537)

lolipop100
30th Jul 2012, 12:14 PM
ok wow i didnt know this had been aked loads!

@xptl297 okay, i disssagre they are based on the same thing, makeing innocent sims lives miserabled >.<

@miss.pink thanks i will.

@Saturnfly Sorry!

@MattShizzle i get your point but i stil like sims 3.

@Rarr yeah i have tried that but the mod just crashes my game.

Rarr
30th Jul 2012, 6:04 PM
@Rarr yeah i have tried that but the mod just crashes my game.
hmm. Did you download everything? There is a link to a horse that needs to be downloaded on the info page. I don't use this mod so I'm not sure if that's whats causing it.

VerDeTerre
30th Jul 2012, 7:44 PM
Excuse me, but I wish to throw something out there: Sims 1 - it's original, it's innovative, it's tacky! What's not to love?

julmoo
30th Jul 2012, 8:01 PM
Excuse me, but I wish to throw something out there: Sims 1 - it's original, it's innovative, it's tacky! What's not to love?

And you get it basically for free now!

DuskTrooper
30th Jul 2012, 8:04 PM
i would give specs but i dont know them

Sorry if this may sound rude and off-topic, but you probably shouldn't exactly be playing a computer game if you don't know what the specifications of the actual computer you're using are. http://vinylnation.net/forums/images/smilies/toetap05.gif

gazania
30th Jul 2012, 8:43 PM
I find that Sims 1 actually does work on my netbook the best. Sims 2 and 3 ... fergeddaboutit. That might be why people are asking you what type of computer you have. If you have a little ol' netbook, like I'm using right now, Sims 2 and 3 are most likely too taxing for it. As it is, I can play only up to Sims 1 Unleashed on this. Anything more and my machine is NOT amused.

You obviously have a better laptop than I have right now, so you can mostly likely at least play Sims 2 in windowed mode without crashing. It really depends on what type of machine and graphics card you have. I don't know about Sims 3. I don't have it on a PC. If you can play it on your laptop, you DEFINITELY have a better machine! :)

Do you have XP, Vista or Windows 7?

If you have XP, left-click the Start menu link (lower left on mine). Left-click on "run" and type "dxdiag". (No quotes for dxdiag ... just the characters.) Wait until you get the info, then tell us the System Model and operating system. Look for the word "Display" and left-click that. We will need the name of the graphics card you have.

Those with Vista or Windows 7 can probably tell you how to find the info ... or you can Google it.

Others may ask you more info. And even then, please realize that we don't know if you've updated your drivers, etc.

If you're asking which one is better ... boyohboy, have there been tons of threads on this! I am not going there right now. :)

M.M.A.A.
30th Jul 2012, 8:56 PM
Sims 2 FTW!

MattShizzle
30th Jul 2012, 8:59 PM
for Win7 you just type the dxdiag in the search field after start.

M.M.A.A.
30th Jul 2012, 9:30 PM
hey, i want to know which is better to use for families and stuff. i dont really like loading screens :faceslap: but on sims 2 i can bear it. i like the horses in sims 3 but i usually end up with horses taking over the world! i like the building in sims 3 and the Creat A pattern but i like sims 2 furniture. i dont really know which gameplay i preffer but sims 3 def has best graphics. :lol:

I have for sims 3:
-Generations
-Pets
-World Adventures(not installed but i can soon change that :cool: )

and for sims 2:
-nightlife
-pets
-university
-open for business
-seasons
-freetime

i am playin on a Samsung laptop. i would give specs but i dont know them :|

also i dont use CC coz it really slows my laptop down.

Look, you have most, if not all, the EPs for sims 2, while you only have 3 for sims 3. There are alot of mods available for sims 2, and if you like the stroy progression tool, there is one for sims 2, not sure where though, and there is also ACR, for more drama, I don't use it though. Also, don't get your hopes so high about sims 3, as I have noticed alot of simmers coming back to sims 2, or even sims 1 ad everytime EA brings a new EP, more and more complains arise due to bugs, not sure to which extent though.

Also, sims 3 patches are extremely large, more like 1+ GB, and depending on your internet connection ,it may take some time to be downloaded.

Also, you don't need to download clothes and hair for your sims, just have the essential fixes and mods.

Sunbee
30th Jul 2012, 10:40 PM
If you want horses in Sims 2, those on this site have been updated by the creator over at Affinity Sims.
On 7, you can find out some info about your system by clicking start, right clicking computer, and selecting properties. Not everything, but it's a good place to start. From there you can find out some more by clicking on the Windows Experience Index, what's particularly interesting there to you, as a gamer, is the graphics information.

elfinitty
31st Jul 2012, 12:24 PM
Not gonna write a long reply.

The Sims 2 for more drama and romance.You have pretty much things to do in Sims 2 since you have the ''main'' EPs.But after a while it bored me to do the same things over and over(like for 7 years),my sister bought Sims 3 this year and now I enjoy it more.
The Sims 3 for more actions to do with your neighborhood,like with jobs and neighbors.Even more things to do with jobs if you have Showtime,I spent the Sim's whole young adult age on making her a famous magician.Note that maybe if I didn't have Showtime I wouldn't find the game that good

LaylaRox
1st Aug 2012, 6:55 AM
I'm one of those few who really like The Sims 3. Sims 2 doesn't work on my dad's laptop (nor does it work on the Macs as it's the Double Deluxe) so I didn't experience it very long! But I like the clothes and furniture in the base/Nightlife/Celebrations, so much better than Sims 3's!

Simsica
1st Aug 2012, 9:59 AM
and if you like the stroy progression tool, there is one for sims 2, not sure where though

Huh? Wow. Unawares, me. Could you possibly explain in more detail about this "tool"?