PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

labellavienna
4th Aug 2012, 2:59 AM
Does this happen to anyone else?

I went through my downloads folder today and saw a bunch of CC that ends with ".package.package.package"...I did a search and found 300 of them hanging out in my downloads folder! Does anyone else have it? What is it?

MattShizzle
4th Aug 2012, 3:36 AM
Never seen that.

FranH
4th Aug 2012, 3:44 AM
It's nothing to be worried about, because the "package.package.package" extension is just a recolor that did not get renamed when it was made, and when it got saved as a package, it repeated the title.

What to do with them?

Rename them with your computer, and just delete the extra .package ends.
After you do the 'rename' thing, they'll save just fine, unless you have another .package file that is titled exactly the same.

Or else you can delete them all. No harm done-just no recolors of the item it was done for.

labellavienna
4th Aug 2012, 3:46 AM
It's nothing to be worried about, because the "package.package.package" extension is just a recolor that did not get renamed when it was made, and when it got saved as a package, it repeated the title.

What to do with them?

Rename them with your computer, and just delete the extra .package ends.
After you do the 'rename' thing, they'll save just fine, unless you have another .package file that is titled exactly the same.

Or else you can delete them all. No harm done-just no recolors of the item it was done for.

Really? Because there were meshes too that had .package.package on them as well...now perhaps I am in the minority group with 30-40 gigs of CC...but once deleted it helped me find a few missing items in the game (like the trashcan and mailbox items)

FranH
4th Aug 2012, 11:03 AM
In most instances, the word 'mesh' does appear as a part of the title even as the raw DBPF file. That's why you can usually tell that it is a recolor that has the duplicate 'package. package' wording.

They show up as such in the actual file label and in the Download Organizer labels.

Of course it goes without saying that you shouldn't delete meshes because recolor packages won't show up without them.

But for the most part, recolors are deletable or can be renamed.

sushigal007
4th Aug 2012, 6:45 PM
I had a bunch of those, I seem to recall it being a glitch that happened when using Clean Installer and has now been fixed, but it's entirely possible I'm wrong. Anyway, you can just rename them and delete all the extra .packages.