PDA

View Full Version : Enemies

TychoH
8th Aug 2012, 4:21 PM
A father and his teen son are enemies, but the only negative option when I select the father and click on the teen, is to throw a drink. Is this because one is an adult and the second is a teen, or is that because they are family?

dieKristina
8th Aug 2012, 4:25 PM
Some EP disabled fighting between adults and teens for some reason. It really annoys me and unfortunately I have never found a hack that enables the fighting again.

Simsica
8th Aug 2012, 4:51 PM
There's one, guys. Fight anyone anytime - I use it. It's Squinge's. You can smack 'em around as much as you want :) Then fetch the lecture anyone too and your parent-teen relationships will level up for sure. Or down, depends on how you see it.

dieKristina
8th Aug 2012, 5:00 PM
I used to have that mod in my game, but since it´s not updated for AL I took it out just to be safe. I also prefer to have the fighting interactions only available when the relationship is really low, and I don´t think Squinge´s mod work autonomously (could be wrong there). But really, I might add that mod back.

Simsica
8th Aug 2012, 5:10 PM
No, it's not autonomous. I personally prefer it that way - my other Sims already fight too much, and this fighting I have to control. I never use the actualy fight interaction, mostly just slap.

Sunbee
8th Aug 2012, 6:41 PM
Inteen lets them fight. Gah, the Pleasants. Such a oxymoron. Daniel, stop slapping Lillith.

AlexandraSpears
9th Aug 2012, 5:21 AM
Inteen makes interactions that are normally adult/adult available for adult/teen.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 9:00 AM
Unfortunately, Inteen is incompatible with tons of stuff and requires another ton of CC to function properly.

That's why it kills kittens, in my book :P

But ... a question anyway, for Inteen users: these adult-teens interactions (beyond romance), are they normal - influenced by the usual factors just like the adult-adult interactions are, just the age limit is removed?
And what are they, besides woohoo etc. and fighting? Irritate? I'd love that one! Was irritate also removed, btw?

Saturnfly
9th Aug 2012, 9:24 AM
Wait, what? Why does InTeen require a ton of CC to function properly? It functions just as it should in my game.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 10:30 AM
Meshes for pregnancy? Or are the teens internally able to be pregnant only in vanilla game we don't see it?

See my teens live for 49 days as teens and pregnancies last 9. They need a lot of clothing choices, so that they don't wander forever in the same outfit. It would soon get boring. Which means that my DLs are already overflowing with clothes, both meshes and recolors. Adding another batch of stuff for pregnant teen Sims - and I'd have to be able to give the males the ability too, cause that's the way my mind works: both ways or nothing ;) - would mean tons of CC to make InTeen work properly: ie. properly show the pregnant state.

ETA: And please, Saturnfly, could you enlighten me about these interactions, since you obviously use it for a long time? I thought to poke at the code in SimPe, to see if I could steal some of its more relevant - to me - adult-teen options, than the mere pregnancy. I'm not that interested in that aspect of InTeen, that is: I can live without it. And my teens certainly don't miss it.

maxon
9th Aug 2012, 10:49 AM
Preggo meshes come with the mod. It is incompatible with some stuff but not with most - my game is modded to death without problems. I have some BIG hacks too. If you don't like the mod that's fine but please stop calling it the kitten killer - that particular bug has been fixed.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 11:08 AM
Maxon, it's just a funny phrase or at least I see it that way. I always thought that the phrase had something to do with the abortion options or something having to do with a politically loaded issue. So it really used to kill kittens? Had no idea.
I like the idea of that mod, and I think that teens should be able to get pregnant if they are having sex, but since I'd need to really devote my time to hunt down and solve all the conflicts, I'm not doing it. I was thinking maybe introducing the pregnancy in some other less hack-harmony destructive ways. But in the meantime, I'll live without it. Any solution would however require me to install more stuff to my DL folder and I've already gone from 2,5 to almost 4 GB just chasing after an idea about hobbies I got. Still recovering from that one. Lots of minutes added to my loading times.

Willow's Tara
9th Aug 2012, 11:13 AM
Inteen does work with AL, I don't know where but they weren't going to release one but then they did, unless you were talking about not working with the fight mod one? It works like a breeze and I hardly have any CC, well okay I have a few hairs and clothes, but it's maybe near 20-30 digits, and then the objects and hacks are included as well. (Yep, when I got my new computer two years ago I decided not to download alot of stuff, just things I can't live without, Inteen, Insim).

Inteen also helps with the very annoying thing where the Sims goes from an teen to a YA/Adult and completely forgets their teen girlfriend who is only two days from becoming an adult. Yes because the adult, who would only be a year older in that scenario is going to completely fall out of love, and then fall in love when she ages,.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 11:19 AM
Guys - I won't be installing it for various reasons. I'm only interested in it cause Alexandra mentioned that it allows teens to interact more freely with adults. I'd like to check it out in SImPe, see if I can learn something from it on how to maybe enable my own teens to "irritate" adults autonomously and according to the usual game rules. Does it do stuff like that?

I mean, teens are irritating, thus they should irritate, damnit! No offense, teens. You'll grow out of it soon enough ;)

sushigal007
9th Aug 2012, 11:40 AM
Oh, I wondered why my adults and teens would still cheerfully smack each other around! Thank you, InTeen!
It doesn't really NEED a bunch of CC, but I guess if you have teens wandering around pregnant for nine days, you might want more pregnant outfits. I would recommend getting some of the flavour packs, they allow you to kind of tweak the mod to how you like. For instance, I have no miscarriage(no thank you, I want my babies born safe and well), no adult teens (I like my teens to go to school until they age up), risky go out/sneak out (sims can come home pregnant), and of course, I love kittens, which stops the mod from killing kittens. It'll still kill them if you don't have that.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 11:47 AM
Okay. I give up. Someone please explain this about kittens? How can a mod that changes teen behavior kill kittens? I *have* to know. Honestly, whenever I read about this, it was at MATY, a mere ironic reference, that I thought was funny as I already explained, hopefully.

Fivey
9th Aug 2012, 12:07 PM
Okay. I give up. Someone please explain this about kittens? How can a mod that changes teen behavior kill kittens? I *have* to know. Honestly, whenever i read about his it was at MATY, a mere ironic reference, that I though was funny as I already explained, hopefully.

From what I understand, inTeen expands over a wide variety of the game's details, with it's seven-files-for-a-single-mod, so a number of mods conflict with inTeeminator. You're taking an age group, later two age groups, and doing raw physical changes to how they interact with each other and other age groups. You're expanding the chance of making new sims from one age group, to three. That isn't a pebble you're dealing with, you're pushing a few boulders there. Because of this, when it was first released, it wasn't the safest mod, due to how much of an impact it did to the game. It probably still isn't the safest mod (in more ways than one, hwohoho). Things like this do not agree with the almighty J.M. Pescado, so naturally, he did not like inTeeminator.

Since he designs his hacks to make the game less of an annoyance, and this mod was considered a neighborhood-death machine...

http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/images/1/1f/Kittenkiller.jpg

The literal kitten killing was purposely added in later by inTeen's creators, more or less poking fun at themselves. Hence the patch, and why it came so quickly.

Of course, I've only been a Sims 2 player since...November? So, take what I say with a grain of salt. I think J.M. is mainly seen on the Sims 3 Discussion board, now. I could be wrong, but that's where I most recently seen him post.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 12:24 PM
You don't say? Why, this actually is funny. I knew it had to do something with Pescado. Namely, that picture there - I saw it many times in his posts. I know people don't like hanging out at MATY cause they can be rude, but I go there from time to time just for the lulz. I like that picture :)

Katya Stevens
9th Aug 2012, 12:30 PM
Fivey, that's all my understanding too. I know I read a post by Pescado (which I have yet to ever find again) where he said the reason he hated InTeen was because it changed so much. It advertises as allowing teen (and young aduld) pregnancies and marriage, yet also adds in fertility treatments, miscarriages, independant teens, going steady for young adults/adults/elders, residential graduates etc.

The phrase "kills kittens" is likely from the "every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten" meme and was just added to references to InTeen. When Pets was thus released, Jase added in coding which killed a kitten either every time a teen popped in to the next trimester, or just the transition from the first to second trimester.

For those who want just teen pregnancy without inteen, go look for the Wild Child mod on Back Alley Sims (18+ site, requires registration, NSFW). There's also an alternate pregnancy controller on the same site by Chris Hatch (which requires something like the JSW boquet to actually get the teens to woohoo/get pregnant, and also has miscarriage chances).

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 12:41 PM
It appears that BAS has changed the design of their site, which is excellent news. now I have a chance to actually find something there :) No, that's not true, alas. I'm as lost as ever over there.
FOUND IT! This will conflict with ACR for sure.

VerDeTerre
9th Aug 2012, 1:20 PM
I have inteen and mostly I love it. I love that you can have risky woohoo and yet put on the breaks with birth control when really needed. Nothing else I've found provided that the way I wanted it. The other risky woohoo mods I saw out there had too much risk to feel realistic to me. Additionally, although my teens rarely engage in woohoo, I like that it could happen because it creates interesting and life-like stories. I also love to have historical hoods and for challenges it also made sense to allow teen pregnancy. There are some issues with the mod, and I know I'll come across more depending on which aspect of the game I'm playing at the moment, so it's very helpful to know of other mods out there. I keep thinking all is well and then I'll play with kittens or open a business and discover that one of my mods interferes with something I care about. I keep all of the inteen stuff in its own folder, so I can remove it if it's interfering with any aspect of game play.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 1:32 PM
Risky woohoo, teen woohoo, birth control, etc - everything except miscarriages is already part of ACR, which I use and love and could never ever play without. A slightest conflict with that one means *out* for me. No tolerance for ACR disruptors.

ETA: InTeen (or kittens?) stole this thread. Since I'm mostly responsible for that, I apologize to the OP. I'm trying to return it to the question of "irritate" and other social interactions that are included into InTeen, but no one has yet answered my question. I'll definitely check that in SimPe once I get a chance, but if there's already a mod out there that does it, then I could learn from it. I'm just beginning to learn about modding - was too lazy for ages, I admit - and it would be very useful. I guess I'll dl it and check it out too.

I'd really, really like it if my teens could get more negative interactions with adults/parents. Not all Sim parents are ready to slap their progeny so, as the things stand, I have to "lecture" them all day to get anywhere into the minus direction.

omglo
9th Aug 2012, 3:04 PM
"Fight anyone anytime" does allows teens and their adult enemies to fight autonomously, but no, it doesn't cause any Sims to go around whaling on Sims they aren't angry at. According to Squinge, it is compatible with EP 8.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=93744.0

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 3:09 PM
It definitely is compatible - it's been in my dl folder forever. But I've never seen them auto-fight. Good to know.

Angry - you mean "furious"?

omglo
9th Aug 2012, 3:11 PM
I mean a high negative relationship score.

Simsica
9th Aug 2012, 3:16 PM
Eh. Of course. But to get there is a challenge. I remember the Grunt family from base game fighting all the time. It was a problem to reconcile the general and his son. Now it's a problem to get them to be enemies. It literally never happened in my game unless I controlled it and provoked it and maintained it. It's just too much work.

omglo
9th Aug 2012, 3:35 PM
If I need my Sims to be enemies for some reason, I have no problem with using a mod to drop the relationship score and making up a back story for it, but of course we all have different opinions on whether or not that's cheating. My 'fight anyone anytime mod' gets the most work out in blended families. I unintentionally destroyed a happy father son relationship by moving a teen boy in with his dad and girlfriend. I sent the boy to college early, because it bothered me to see the family in chaos. The boy attacked his father until the father hated him. When they weren't fighting, the boy was fighting the dad's girlfriend. It was like they were living on the set of Jerry Springer.

TychoH
9th Aug 2012, 3:39 PM
I apologize to the OP.

I don't matter, my question was already answered in the first two posts ;) .

Sunbee
9th Aug 2012, 7:39 PM
Inteen added interactions: basically just all the interactions an adult has with another adult are now available between a teen and adult.
As far as cc goes, inteen does come with a few pregnancy outfits for teens, but lots of the cc I like comes with the pregmorph anyway, so it's not an issue. Garden of Shadows has tons.
For non-inteen users, it's a complex mod, with lots of options. I use it to split the teen stage in two-effectively giving my non-college-bound sims some extra adult time. My sims can have miscarriages (Mary-Sue lost a baby the first time I played her house after installing it, and suddenly the source of the drama was clear and much more complex, thanks to Daniel's persistent have a baby wants and her career wants). My college students can marry and have families--hey, I did that myself, always irritated me. My sneaking out, going out, and runaway teens can get pregnant. I believe my foolish young male telescope gazers may have unintended consequences, though none have gotten abducted yet. My sims who are desperate for a late-life baby can get fertility treatments and have one, or they can hope to get lucky--since it overrides default fertility options with a more natural curve. My adults who aren't ready for engagement can go steady. My teens can get engaged and married. Unfortunately, the one thing Inteen doesn't do is enable the adult wants for the teens.
It seemed like I had about fifteen choices to make about how I wanted Inteen to behave when I installed it. Some things go in your downloads folder, some go in your game files. Read the directions and all is clear.

maxon
9th Aug 2012, 8:26 PM
I'd really, really like it if my teens could get more negative interactions with adults/parents. Not all Sim parents are ready to slap their progeny so, as the things stand, I have to "lecture" them all day to get anywhere into the minus direction.
Agreed - the game has always been a bit too twee for me with the relationships. Not everyone gets on with everyone else. I find Pescado's Fight Club helps - one of the functions of that hack is to prevent the evening out of negative feelings over time (negative scores, especially strong ones drift back towards zero) and thus maintain negative relationships more easily.

M.M.A.A.
9th Aug 2012, 9:50 PM
Karen Gast is enemies with several of my sims. None of my new parents know how she actually is at the moment, but I think they are slowly getting an idea about her.

Saturnfly
10th Aug 2012, 2:45 AM
ETA: And please, Saturnfly, could you enlighten me about these interactions, since you obviously use it for a long time? I thought to poke at the code in SimPe, to see if I could steal some of its more relevant - to me - adult-teen options, than the mere pregnancy. I'm not that interested in that aspect of InTeen, that is: I can live without it. And my teens certainly don't miss it.

It does exactly as the manual suggests. If you want more or less, I don't think all creators custom-make their mods to thousands of peoples likings.

Simsica
10th Aug 2012, 8:48 AM
It does exactly as the manual suggests. If you want more or less, I don't think all creators custom-make their mods to thousands of peoples likings.

Thanks for the enlightenment :)