PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions For The Fellow Simmers Out There, Giggity

Yazoo
20th Aug 2012, 8:31 PM
Alright, the two questions are as follows:

1) I hate the name Denene, I mean seriously, nothing is worse...Welllll, maybe one of the sims last name in my game (Dagmar Desprat, just think on that, oh yeah, that names belongs to the Diva). ANYWHO! I have the Simblender, and it does have an option of changing the Sims first or last name. Sooooo is it cool that I use it? And like not bork my game? (Yes, by now, all of my questions have been does this bork my game, does that bork my game. Gotta make sure on these things, ya know?)

2) Does this hack: No More Idle Actions For Vampys (I know its not called that, but yeah.) (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=326932&c=1&ht=0&page=2&pp=25) work on the Grand Vampires that are no longer Vampires, because one is evil, and the skin they got is like creeping them out, and ya know stuff like that.

Thanks in advance from the crazed mind of the awesome, Levera :P

Charmful
20th Aug 2012, 8:39 PM
I can answer 1: Yes you can change names with simblender without it borking your game :) I agree some of those townie names are oogly and I had fun re-naming them. My game is fine and fancy free.

Peni Griffin
20th Aug 2012, 8:40 PM
Changing the name via SimBlender, or any other method of which I am aware, will not break your game.

Yazoo
20th Aug 2012, 8:41 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Good, because like Denene, sounds just frickin' odd. And she is no longer a Countessa, so it like makes sense to remove that too. Because not only is it odd, but its just creepy, a human looking woman with a Vampiric name, booya >.<!

But then again so does Dagmar, I made need to change the first name, and last. The Diva sounds sort of wellllll, desperate. >.<!

Thank you, Charmful, and Peni Griffin :D

julmoo
20th Aug 2012, 8:53 PM
I always like to pretend that they're princesses from a far-away land :(

I like the name Contessa <.<

Yazoo
20th Aug 2012, 8:56 PM
But Denene doesn't sound like a Princess name, its sounds more like some freakish disease.

I can see it

"I am sorry, Akira. But you have Denene. Which will start to suck away your blood, and make your eyes go bright red. And you will feel the hunger of the night, yet, you will shun the sun. I am sorry, Akira, but you must stay in shadows and away from the light. This is what Denene does."

Whew, okay too much Soda for me.

And I don't mind Countessa, just ya know, not when they are no longer Vampires. Then again! People from different countries, would know that Countess and Count, is a Royal stature. Stature is that the word I am looking for? I might change it too Countess. Not Countessa, it just seems really odd. >.<

Alright I did read the description, and I thought it would be possible that my Contessa would stop being a biotch. Didn't work >.> Soooo yeah, might as well, just keep it that. Does not work for Grand Vampires, in which I was hoping so.

mirjamsim2love
20th Aug 2012, 10:56 PM
I don't know, I don't see a disease in that name. It's just uncommon to me and most of the time I like that. But it is your game and your name so change it if you can't stand it.

joandsarah77
20th Aug 2012, 11:27 PM
I don't mind Denene that much. It is a western name if you Google. Dagmar now, especially if put with Desprat lol she's a desperate dag/hag? yeah...

Aegagropilon
20th Aug 2012, 11:58 PM
There's two Denenes in my game -- crazy-eyed cheerleader Denene Landry and retired alien supervillain Denene "The Green Fog" McGaw -- and the name doesn't bother me.

...Except when I'm typing it, then it becomes like Nanny Ogg's attempts at spelling "banana." Denenenene?

(But the Simblender name-changer is safe. I used it to help rename some of the Five Townie Brittanys.)

AlexandraSpears
21st Aug 2012, 2:11 AM
I just created my own name template in SimPE (really easy to do...instructions at Simbology).

iCad
21st Aug 2012, 2:14 AM
2) Does this hack: No More Idle Actions For Vampys (I know its not called that, but yeah.) (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=326932&c=1&ht=0&page=2&pp=25) work on the Grand Vampires that are no longer Vampires, because one is evil, and the skin they got is like creeping them out, and ya know stuff like that.

The other question's been answered, so I'll (attempt to) answer this.

A hack for vampires won't work on a Sim who was but is no longer a vampire. Because, you know, they're no longer a vampire. :) That said, the only way to cure a Grand Vamp is to make them playable by adding them a household and then curing them. If you try to cure them without making them playable, the cure won't "stick" and as soon as they leave the lot they're on, they revert back to their vampy ways.

I'm not sure what you mean about the skin. Are you saying that a cured Grand Vamp still has the vampire skin overlay? Because they shouldn't, unless there's a glitch and you've got a stuck overlay, if that's even possible... Whenever I've cured a vamp, they've always reverted back to whatever their skin tone was "underneath" the vampire overlay.

Saturnfly
21st Aug 2012, 8:16 AM
I just created my own name template in SimPE (really easy to do...instructions at Simbology).

Do you have a link for that? I can't find it. >:

Yazoo
21st Aug 2012, 8:30 AM
@Mirjamsim2love: I was amped on Pepsi when I wrote that. I am weird when I am hyper.

@Jo: That made me laugh, the whole Dagmar thing. And sadly, she is pretty damn desperate, when it comes down too Akira's daughter, October, for the fact, she is already in love with her ;)

@iCad: No, no. The hack doesn't work on Grand Vampires, everyone else, yes. Grand Vampires no. Countessa Denene Mizuki (Now). Is married to Emiko, when they got married I cured Denene. And she still walks with arm over her face. It won't stop that. HOWEVER, the skin is off, she looks soooo different when she is NOT a vampire. I do have a picture as her being cured, in my post over at the "What's Happening In Your Game?" And you can see that she has been cured. >.< Ugh, Vampires, so much work -.-"

mirjamsim2love
21st Aug 2012, 6:28 PM
@Mirjamsim2love: I was amped on Pepsi when I wrote that. I am weird when I am hyper.
Not weirder than the name ;)
And I saw her picture.
I would keep the name.
In a way it reminded me of the sitcom Martin and his neigbor across the hall, Sheneneh. (Which he played himself also.) :D