PDA

View Full Version : An Easy To Get The Family To Stand For Just A Moment

Yazoo
24th Aug 2012, 9:05 PM
Alright, for when Rachel and Felicity get married. I want to take pictures before the wedding, and after. However, in doing so, the family will be uncontrollable. And I want some pictures of the family with the couple. A picture with just Rachel and her family. And Felicity, and her family. A picture that will be easy to take is Rachel and Felicity, for they will be controllable. However, I also want pictures of Felicity's parents giving her away.

And this causes problems, because like I said they will not be controllable, then of course, as Felicity is walking down the aisle, I want people to stand, and when she gets to the arch, everyone sits. Yes, I seriously want to make this wedding look real. With pictures of pretty much of it all :) So, is there like an easy way of doing so, without pose boxes? Or am I like screwed? Or am I having to move Rachel and Felicity back home, so I can control them all?

o.O

Thanks in advance!

VerDeTerre
24th Aug 2012, 9:18 PM
You can get the Sims that you control directly to stand by using the in-game feature of posing. There's one where they just stand. But, if they are not a part of your family and you don't control them, it becomes impossible without a hack to make them controllable. Sitting is more complicated. I wondered if there was some sort of a controller out there to make Sims sit in a particular seat and stay seated. A posebox might be easier than all of that, but I've never used one before.

One thing that might help with the wedding overall would be to install some sort of a mood regulating modded object so that Sims will hang out and participate in the event.

Sounds like fun, E.W. Even if the Sims don't cooperate, it's bound to be a beautiful wedding.

Yazoo
24th Aug 2012, 9:22 PM
Well, yeah. I mean it'll be hard. I want it too look like someone is taking the pictures like at a really wedding. Gets a picture of the guests. And all that. I remember going to one of my friend's wedding. Oh god was it beautiful. She rode in a carriage too the alter, and the husband to be was crying. It was just so beautiful, I even started crying a little bit. But I know that if they are not controllable, it'll make taking the pictures a little difficult. And I would love to have it go right the first time, ya know?

Because I am going to make it look like they are beneath the arch, but they will not be getting by the arch, but instead, "Propose Marriage" so I can take a picture of exchanging of the rings. I just saw this in my head, and I like dear god, I must do it!

lauratje86
24th Aug 2012, 9:25 PM
Because I am going to make it look like they are beneath the arch, but they will not be getting by the arch, but instead, "Propose Marriage" so I can take a picture of exchanging of the rings. I just saw this in my head, and I like dear god, I must do it!

You can do that when they're beneath the arch as well, and then guests will sit to watch the ceremony and then stand and clap, even if they're uncontrollable. If you go into Options it's possible to turn off the special events camera so you don't get the cut scene when they get married and you can take photos of them (or have a sim take photos of them, even, if you have University or Bon Voyage). I do that for every wedding :-)

Yazoo
24th Aug 2012, 9:30 PM
Well, I would like that too. But I also want a picture of the families together. And that is where I would need to control them. Okay. I want a picture of Felicity's parents giving her away. In Which would mean they would have to stand next to her. Then I want a picture of everyone standing, as I make her walk down the aisle. Then I want a picture of like them exchanging the rings, and a picture of the guests sitting. I know I am asking for lots and lots. But I thought it would be beautiful this way, instead of the old fashion way, where everything is the same, over and over again.

I also want a picture of them cutting the cake, or well one of them. So, feeding the cake to Felicity, whatever. And then one of them accepting the toast from their family or friends. I think it would be so much more beautiful that way.

lauratje86
24th Aug 2012, 9:35 PM
I think most of those would be doable without anyone apart from the happy couple being controllable, but I'd really recommend using a hack to make their families selectable for the family shots. That's the only way I know of to get sims to stand together facing the camera for photos. If you have Bon Voyage you can use the in-game poses to make them all stand still once they're selectable. I expect that there are a lot of hacks that make sims selectable; I use Inge's teleporter cat statue which works well for me. It's available for download here (http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Teleporters.htm) if you're interested.

Having a look at some picture taking tutorials may be of use to you, if you haven't done so already. I'd recommend this one (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=431044) - but I'm biased, because I wrote it! :-D It may give you some ideas, at least.

Yazoo
24th Aug 2012, 9:42 PM
Thank you, Lauratje86, but sadly, I can't get to the page. It keeps failing to open the page :(

lauratje86
24th Aug 2012, 9:44 PM
Which one, the download link one or the tutorial one?

**ETA** Having asked that, they both work for me so I don't know what's wrong!

MattShizzle
24th Aug 2012, 9:45 PM
You can always turn free will off temporarily.

lauratje86
24th Aug 2012, 9:49 PM
You can always turn free will off temporarily.

That can help if you're trying to control sims for photo taking opportunities, but it would require you to make all the guests selectable so you could control them. I don't generally bother turning free will off, they tend to do more or less what I want even with free will on and sometimes in big family shots it leads to some cute moments too, like adults playing with toddlers in the shot or cuddling a baby.

Yazoo
24th Aug 2012, 9:50 PM
The download link, it'll not let me access the page. Blast! And I do have free will off, during weddings. Seeing my Sims tend to go other places, and one time they didn't even get married. I was like:

"Eh, yeah, next time without the will power! I CONTROL THY FATE!"

And it worked :P But I can't take free will off on the guests, unfortunately :(

LE EDIT: I got the link to work. :D And I do believe Simblender has like this teleporting thing. But I am not sure if they will be selectable o.O

lauratje86
24th Aug 2012, 9:58 PM
The download link, it'll not let me access the page. Blast!

Try Googling "Simlogical Sims 2" - that should get you a link to the main downloads page and you can click on the Teleporting section. Or just Google "Simlogical Sims 2 teleporter", that should work too :-) Perhaps you need to be registered and logged in to see the page, I'm not sure, but that didn't used to be the case.

**ETA** Ah, jolly good! Simblender may well allow you to teleport sims in, I can't remember, but I know for sure that Inge's teleporter allows you to make them selectable.

Yazoo
24th Aug 2012, 10:10 PM
:D Well, I just don't know. More hacks, more and more hacks. Because I am looking at pose boxes as well, and I would love to have some to make it look real and all that jazz, but dear god. This wedding is starting to sound a little more and more complicated. But! Leave it too Levera to do something hard, and make it work! >.> ALWAYS!

And thank you, Lauratje :) I think I may grab that, as long as it doesn't go like haywire, and make the game freak out -.-" Damn hacks. >.>

MattShizzle
24th Aug 2012, 10:49 PM
I always have free will off myself. They always do stuff I don't want them to do if it's on, and I like total control. I wish there was a way to turn free will off for visitors.

Yazoo
25th Aug 2012, 3:46 AM
Well, I just recently starting playing with Free Will On. And every time I do, my sims become sluts. So, I have turned it off for now. :) And I seriously, can't wait for the wedding :D It'll be awesome. I am like actually anticipating a Sim Wedding. And it just...Makes me wanna giggle!

joandsarah77
25th Aug 2012, 11:07 AM
I use 'control this sim' by Dolphin and it still works perfectly with all Ep's and Sp's. It adds the ability to control or not control a sim to their pie menu. How I film weddings is lots of control this sim, pose the sim and freezer clock the sim until I have everyone where I want them. Last wedding I even had 3 toddlers there although they were difficult. I had these little chairs which they would use like a potty lol, the best was the toddler I placed on an OMPS while sitting on the floor and then I moved it so it looked like she was on her motherís lap, once on the OMPS she couldn't get off so I got some cute shots of her.

maxon
25th Aug 2012, 11:36 AM
Make everyone selectable, turn free will off.

That's what I do.

Here's the Cox family from a while back:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/Maxon/FamilySnapshot3.jpg

julmoo
25th Aug 2012, 1:39 PM
I have the Insimenator, so I can make each Sim quickly selectable.
Then I'd just make them all selectable and turn free will off.

Once you're finished taking the photos make them unselectable and turn free will on again :3

Yazoo
25th Aug 2012, 11:46 PM
I actually found out that the Simblender actually teleports and makes the Sims selectable. :D So, that will be exciting. And I ended up saying screw it on this wedding, I wanted them to get married, I'll wait for their child to get married, :) It'll be awesome Woot woot. But thank you, I'll see what happens if and when I use the Simblender :D

@Maxon: Exactly how did you make everyone selectable? Was there a hack that you used? o.o

maxon
26th Aug 2012, 12:48 AM
@Maxon: Exactly how did you make everyone selectable? Was there a hack that you used? o.o
I have Debug Mode turned on all the time in my game (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true). All you have to do is shift-click on the sim and choose 'make selectable.' No need for hacks for that one.

ella_in_wonderland
26th Aug 2012, 12:49 PM
I have Debug Mode turned on all the time in my game (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true). All you have to do is shift-click on the sim and choose 'make selectable.' No need for hacks for that one.

Isn't it dangerous to play with debug mode on? I used to play with it on all the time, but then I was told not to because apparently it can mess up your game?

simsample
26th Aug 2012, 1:28 PM
Isn't it dangerous to play with debug mode on?
No, it's only dangerous when you click things you don't understand.

Yazoo
26th Aug 2012, 11:31 PM
Hmm, I thought the same thing, Ella. But I guess I was wrong, as well. Lol.

Alright, I gotta ask this. So, for some odd reason I saw this playing out in my head. So, here is a question, that will blow your mind, at least think.

If Nina and Veronica were to have a kid together (Mind you, Dina and Autumn are now married, and have a son. Autumn is the daughter of Felicity and Rachel, and Felicity is the daughter of Veronica.) BUT if they were to have a kid, what would that child be to everyone else? I know it would be Felicity's sister/brother. But wouldn't it be Lucian (Dina and Autumn's son) cousin and aunt or uncle?

>.> I am so confused how this would pan out -.-"

I know totally off subject, but I gotta know.

Artimis
27th Aug 2012, 12:12 AM
Turning free will off and using max motives will keep the sims happy enough and means you can take the shots you want with out. I use it when I am doing pictures for my sims story.

lauratje86
27th Aug 2012, 12:53 AM
If Nina and Veronica were to have a kid together (Mind you, Dina and Autumn are now married, and have a son. Autumn is the daughter of Felicity and Rachel, and Felicity is the daughter of Veronica.) BUT if they were to have a kid, what would that child be to everyone else? I know it would be Felicity's sister/brother. But wouldn't it be Lucian (Dina and Autumn's son) cousin and aunt or uncle?

I think it would be Lucian's cousin (through Nina/Dina) and his great-aunt/uncle through the other side of the family.

If Veronica had another baby it would be Felicity's half-sibling, so it would be Autumn's aunt/uncle and hence Lucian's great-aunt/uncle. I think.....

Yazoo
27th Aug 2012, 12:57 AM
I know its confusing. I have no clue why I came up with this, or why it popped up in my head. It would be this weird circle of weirdness? I just have like no clue how that would work. I mean I would want to look at the family tree. But I think even the game, would be like: "What the hell?"

>.> It would make for an interesting story though, especially when they had to explain it too the family or Lucian for that matter >.<

Ugh sometimes I hate my imagination -.-"