PDA

View Full Version : Wow. For the first time I ..

colazocker13
26th Aug 2012, 1:38 PM
.. actually felt pity for one of my sims, I wanted to kill off.

I wanted to kill off a child girl because she was really spoiled and annoying. So I set her on fire .. but then.. oh my, those screams. You could hear her crying and all that, it almost broke my heart. :( In the end I let her parents extinguish the fire.

It was so weird, I never really felt pity for dying sims who I didn't like. Has this happened to you before? :lol:

VerDeTerre
26th Aug 2012, 1:54 PM
Are you asking if any of us have gotten so involved with our Sims that they seem real? And you're asking this on a Sim's forum? LOL, yes.

The first time it happened was in the days of Sims 1, but I didn't set the fire. My Sim was napping on one of those gorgeous red curly couches next to the fire and she caught on fire and burned up before I knew what to do. Part of me was happy because I just wanted change in my game. I thought of how fun it would be for her husband to play the role of widower with children. My son urged me to exit the game without saving since I had been through so much with her already. He was right.

Then there was the time her son was sent away to military school. I hated that and instantly recreated him. This actually happened before the other incident, before I realized that you could exit a game without saving (duh, but I really didn't know!).

My son's Sims' first baby was taken away by the social worker. He was heartbroken and it lead to all sorts of hilarious game play designed so that the parents would not be tempted to ignore their next baby. He locked them in a room with every toy imaginable and everything they needed for survival, which he dubbed "the emergency room".

Then when I first tried Sims 2, my first Sim couple struggled for money and the years just slipped away. Suddenly, I realized that the woman was too old for children. I was so depressed.

But if you are asking specifically if we've ever had a change of heart when getting rid of a Sim, I think so but don't remember the details. I guess I have no attachment to certain Sims. The one's I've nurtured usually don't die until old age and a fulfilling life.

How was the rest of her life? Did you come to enjoy her in any way? Are you glad you put out that fire?

BTW, I've never had any Sim in Sims 2 burn from a fire or a stove. One time though, a neighbor burst into spontaneous flame after sitting in a hot tub too long. That never happens now, perhaps a patch fixed it.

Rarr
26th Aug 2012, 2:32 PM
BTW, I've never had any Sim in Sims 2 burn from a fire or a stove. One time though, a neighbor burst into spontaneous flame after sitting in a hot tub too long. That never happens now, perhaps a patch fixed it. Sims can catch fire. I just had Hobart Spice catch fire the other day when paying outside in a lightning storm. (He's ok now.)

VerDeTerre
26th Aug 2012, 2:54 PM
I don't know how to make that happen. I mean, yes, I've had Sims struck by lightening, but they've never caught fire and burnt to death. They turn a little black until they shower, but they still remain. How the heck do you get a Sim to burn, either accidentally or on purpose? Mine are always fine.

simsample
26th Aug 2012, 2:58 PM
Yes, why do you think I've let Sim Sample hang around for so long? :lol:

colazocker13
26th Aug 2012, 3:43 PM
How was the rest of her life? Did you come to enjoy her in any way? Are you glad you put out that fire?

she's still a brat.

Peni Griffin
26th Aug 2012, 4:32 PM
They get surrounded by fire, so that other sims on the lot can't get at them to douse them with the fire extinguisher, then they'll burn up. That's how Spring Thyme died. A tree got struck by lightning during breakfast, I ignored it because tree fires "always" burn out; but instead it spread to the shrubbery. It wasn't too bad when the family went outside to catch the schoolbus/carpool, but none of them would get on the damn bus, I could only direct one of them at a time to extinguish, nobody had a cell phone, and the route back inside to the phone was soon blocked by flames. Spring got surrounded, dashed inside, and expired in the doorway where her sisters couldn't plead with the reaper for her. On the up side, she set the interior on fire and the fire alarm finally went off. So she died so that her sisters and father might live.

I have only ever killed one sim on purpose, and I still feel terrible about it.

Embrace her brattiness and find ways to enjoy it! The fault, dear colazocker, is not in our sims, but in ourselves. There is a tide in the affairs of sims which, rolling with the punches, leads to fun in places we didn't know we want to go.

Darby
26th Aug 2012, 5:37 PM
I've never been one who enjoys killing sims, and the only killing I do is for story purposes. For an Apocalypse Challenge, I killed off some sims so I could rez them as zombies, and I've killed off parents right out of CAS in order to have independent teens.

Now I've got zombie-creating potions and hacks, so I don't need to kill sims to have zombies. For independent teens, I'll probably use the trick of creating them in CAS as adults, then aging them back to teen once in-game.

Of course, I've lost sims to accidental death, and that's sad, but okay. The only one that caused lingering regret was a teen in an AC who was scared to death by the ghost of his... grandmother, I think. AC rules prohibited resurrection, but I really loved that kid! :(

Oh yeah... I once tried to kill off my AC founder by having her freeze to death, and it was terrible. I really kinda needed the space in the house, and it fit the story to have her sacrifice herself for the family in this way. However, getting a sim to freeze to death is nearly impossible. They don't really die from being frozen, but from having critical needs drop. Thing is, one of the EPs made starvation nearly impossible as well. The Hunger bar will get almost to the bottom, then it just stops moving. :rolleyes: So, after about a sim day and a half of me insisting that she play in the snow, with her trying desperately to get back into the house for food and sleep, I couldn't take any more and let her in, to the vast relief of us both!

Beccur
26th Aug 2012, 6:28 PM
I always seem to get too attached to my sims, I've recently started a family with a sim on her own and making a family herself rather than me making it all in CAS (what i usually do) with no cheats so it's more challenging for me, I promised myself I wouldn't cheat but i've gotten so attached to my main sim, i keep cheating life for her so she doesn't age too quickly :( eventually i know when the kids start to grow up that i'll have to stop that. Usually with my families I never play them through the generations because I can't bare to see them grow old and die. :rolleyes:

omglo
26th Aug 2012, 6:32 PM
I don't feel bad about the few Sims I killed on purpose. I didn't like Gen. Buzz, but I felt terrible after I had his son Ripp run away. Buzz was devastated and cried for days. The original plan was to have Ripp return just before adulthood, but I let Buzz call the police and report him missing so they'd bring him back early.

PolterGeist44
26th Aug 2012, 6:47 PM
I felt somewhat awkward when I decided to destroy Juliet and Romeo's relationship, but Romeo's aspiration was no good for her. Ironically, I made Juliet date another Romance Sim, that is, Ripp Grunt. But I changed his aspiration later, though.

Vladora
26th Aug 2012, 6:57 PM
One time there was a cow mascot who was heading to one of my dorms. I used the smite option on the Batbox on him and he fell down. Instead of running away, he got up and kept heading toward the dorm, so I used the smite option again. The capricious cow mascot kept heading towards the dorm and I used the smite option yet again.... and he died. I felt really bad since I hadn't meant to kill him. I killed a poor annoying college student who probably had a mom and dad at home waiting for him. I don't think the dormies felt too bad about it, though. There wasn't much crying.

I'm another of the kind who doesn't like to torture or kill Sims for amusement. If a Sim annoys or frustrates me to the point where I want to kill them, that's usually when I turn the game off and do something else. It's not good to get so angry at a game.

The SimWhisperer
26th Aug 2012, 8:38 PM
I have a guilt inside me for killing off Sims. I only do it for storyline purposes. However, I make sure it's quick, so there's no lingering going on. The Sims I usually kill, I have no history with, so it's a bit easier. However, it doesn't help when you get a message from the game that says, if the game was about killing Sims, then you'd be world champion! It goes on to say that this is still a life simulator game. :cry:
However, guilt or not I kill for greater good, and that's how I sleep at night! :Pint:

JDacapo
26th Aug 2012, 9:50 PM
Part of me wanted to cowplant the cow mascots, but that would be a waste of valuable skill points and a possible spouse for a grouchy Family, Fortune or Knowledge sim. Vac the Vacca is a much better way to go, especially if you have two Knowledge students who have the lifetime goal of maxing all skills. Besides that, cowie mascots make great parents, especially the redhead Family cow. It was so cute watching him teach the nursery rhyme to one of the twins, and he's got the adorable teen voice. How can I kill someone that cute and innocent-sounding? He also looks so sweet when he's doing the good warlock idles, and he sparkles. If we can get the laptop fixed or if it decides to cooperate again, I hope I can give him lots of grand-cowies. He'll be sooo happy!

esmesqualor
27th Aug 2012, 12:21 AM
When I was new to the game, Gen Buzz ran into my sim's house and started fighting with her*. I hated Gen Buzz. Next time he came in, I trapped him, walled him in, and let him die a slow miserable death. (muhhaha)

Then - in neigborhood view - I saw the Buzz family. I thought he was some random townie! :faceslap: Inside the household, everyone was crying because I killed off their dad! :cry: I felt so terrible, I went into CAS and made the nicest, sweetest sim I could and had her move in to take care of the family.

(Yeah, it took me a while to figure out this was due to spying with the telescope.)

Rarr
27th Aug 2012, 12:45 AM
I don't know how to make that happen. I mean, yes, I've had Sims struck by lightening, but they've never caught fire and burnt to death. They turn a little black until they shower, but they still remain. How the heck do you get a Sim to burn, either accidentally or on purpose? Mine are always fine.
If you want them to catch, ignore the toaster pastry in the stove and lick them in a tiny room with the stove. They'll get surrounded by the fire and eventually die. (not like I know this from making haunted houses or anything. nope. not me.)
In response to the original question, my friend and I actually enjoy making haunted houses full of punny named sims such as Die Now, Odd Ball, and others. Mostly they are ridiculously dressed making for funny ghosts.

Yazoo
27th Aug 2012, 12:50 AM
Well, I never had a sim die by a stove. But River Smith came over, and burned to death by the train set. And all my Sims did was make out in the Kitchen. Yeahhh, my Sims are very good at helping others -.-" (Sarcasm)

But honestly, I generally, don't like the idea of killing a Sim off, so I tend to keep them alive forever, especially if I love the family soooo much. Like I love the Usher and Van Dawn family, which keeps getting bigger and bigger. Sometimes, I can't let go .-.

Artimis
27th Aug 2012, 12:51 AM
I have it happen when I am making my sims do stuff for my story. For exmaple I felt bad when I made two of the main characters (Arthion and Geraldine) kiss infront of another character (Vanessa) for she still loved him and I felt so sorry for her making her see that :cry: and how rageful was with him.

maxon
27th Aug 2012, 12:36 PM
I did wonder whether EAxis made the death by drowning animation so traumatic because that was the favourite way to off a sim in the first game. Not that it's ever stopped me.

miss.pink
27th Aug 2012, 8:45 PM
I felt that today after killing my sim fiance,i didn't like him and i gave him a lot of warnings,she was really in love with him but he kept flirting with every girl in the dorm,i finally decided that's it and killed him,she cried alot but then she forget about chad when i made her a better caring loyal bf.

AlexandraSpears
27th Aug 2012, 9:09 PM
I have never drowned a Sim and I've been playing for close to 3 years now....

Firelira78
28th Aug 2012, 6:19 AM
I had no idea sim children could die by fire. I thought only drowning killed them. Thanks for the idea :)

haricots
28th Aug 2012, 3:16 PM
Yeah, it happened to me before.

I had this one womanizer Sim in my 'hood. He's the only "hot and good-looking" Sim I've ever made so far. He has 7 romantic relationship now, and 1 ex. When I made him broke up with his ex, I don't know why but I feel really sad for the lady. Now I afraid to break hearts and let him be a womanizer. :|