PDA

View Full Version : Aging glitch in game

SamanthaSSJ
27th Aug 2012, 7:40 AM
It's been awhile since I play Sims on this computer, so everything felt all nice and new again. But there seems to be a glitch - probably something I caused - that I can't track down. My Sims are just not aging. Any of them. I've tried the cheat window and "aging on" with no luck. Looked in my downloads folder for some mod or hack I may have put in. I had ijAgecons and took it out. No luck.

Any ideas where to look next? Is it my whole game that is fried? Is there a general reset button that won't erase everything?

Fivey
27th Aug 2012, 7:41 AM
1. Are you playing Strangetown?

2. Do you have InTeen?

topp
27th Aug 2012, 9:42 AM
Is there a general reset button that won't erase everything?

First say if anything Fivey said is true. Remember, everything below is kinda the 'if all else fails' method.

You should make a backup of your user files. Do it.

Then, follow this FAQ (http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Reset_All_User_Files) (Resetting all user files).

That is a general reset button, but it will erase everything (but if you have a backup, it won't, you could easily restart from where you left ;) ).

VerDeTerre
27th Aug 2012, 9:46 AM
Try removing your downloads folder to see if that's what's causing it. If you have InTeen, spawn the biological clock and then delete it.

*Edit* The above two posters and the one below are right/have good advise. First back up folders. Since InTeen is known to have this issue, if you have it, try spawning the biological clock fix first. If that doesn't work, usually the problem is custom content, but work through the FAQ to diagnose problems in the game.

TotallySimsCrazy
27th Aug 2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem You Should Try this. Everytime I Have a game problem I Use This. 99% of The time it works for me. It is really useful!

simsample
27th Aug 2012, 11:19 AM
Discussion - Sims 2 Game Problem
Remember, as the message said that displayed before you posted your thread...

If you're having any problem, issue, error, or glitch with your game, that's a job for MTS's Help section. There's both articles with common issues as well as Q&A support forums where you can ask questions and get specific help.

Game Help:Game Problem

try all of the steps in the above-linked FAQ, in order, and don't skip anything! Even if your specific issue isn't listed there, it's still a good idea to try those steps, to rule out the most common causes of game issues.

If you still have trouble, you can post a new thread in the Help Q&A forums. There's a link to the Help Q&A forums at the top of every FAQ in the Help section. If you do post there, make sure to read and follow the directions that will display before you post there!

Good luck, and happy simming! :)