PDA

View Full Version : Deleted CC still showing up in game

0ojoyo0
28th Nov 2012, 1:56 AM
I decided to delete all my CC clothing from the Launcher and re-download and convert to .package files so they would be easier to manage. I deleted all the files from the DCBackup folder and the 4 cache files in my Sims 3 folder (not DCCache). I don't have anything in my downloads folder, and in case you're wondering, I deleted the clothing from the Installed Content tab. But the clothing is still showing up in my launcher. I don't want to delete my DCCache files because I have a lot of non-clothing CC that I'd like to keep. Is there an easy way to figure out what DCCache file has what in it so I can get rid of this clothing for good?

Belzader
28th Nov 2012, 8:31 AM
You can try to move all but one of the files in DCCache to another location to check which of them holds what.
I did that when trying to figure out where bad cc was hiding, though it didn't work for me it still was in game, no matter which files i had in DCCache.
But it's worth a try.

Start a new town/game when you test this.

Ghost sdoj
28th Nov 2012, 1:08 PM
Remember that sims also come with clothing, so you might need to clear sims out of the Saved Sims and Library.

Or go through and put them all into outfits that you know are EA.

Belzader
28th Nov 2012, 4:07 PM
Sims works diffrently, cloths aren't saved with the sim only reference to it, so if the cloths aren't ingame, they will change to random ones.
There's exceptions though if custom skin or extra sliders was used they are saved in the .sim file.

If sim is exported/shared it's diffrent as the sims3pack will include most cc that was used on the sim.