PDA

View Full Version : Animation Master

Oddysey
18th Mar 2005, 7:24 PM
I use Hash AM at home. (I confess, I have hobbies other than Sims.) It's somewhat unstable, but I'm used to it and can handle the controls fairly easily. Thus, in a perfect world, I'd like to be able to load sim files on it--partially because I like the models themselves and I'd like to be able to use them in non-sim animation projects.

Trouble is, AM is a spline modeller. It uses .mdl (Unique to the program, I think) as its model format. Is there a plugin that allows conversion of file formats from .mdl to .obj, or vice versa? Is there another program that can do this? Is this possible? (I know zip about programming or file formats, but if it's theoretically possible I can learn how to do it.) I don't think it's possible, but I figured I'd might as well check here, because if it exists someone at MTS2 will know about it.

Thanks for your time.

siarck
18th Mar 2005, 11:37 PM
Go to www.hash.com and click on FTP site, then go to Plug-ins, then ImportExport, then download OBJ.hie OBJ.hxt and OBJ2.hie. Put the OBJ.hie and the OBJ2.hie in where ever you have all your program files (Ex: C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V11.1) and the OBJ.hxt in the hxt folder.

elw76
29th Apr 2005, 1:33 AM
Hello siarck,

I found myself in the same situation as Oddysey, and luckily found this thread today and followed your suggestions. However, my program is still acting the same way it did before I installed the plug-ins. I exited the program and restarted my computer, and once again there was no change. Any idea where I might have made a mistake? Does it matter which version of Animation Master I am using (I have the 2003 version)? Any help would very much be appreciated as I find MilkShape nearly impossible to use and my husband has a lot of experience with this program and can help me out. :D

Thanks again!

Oddysey
16th Jun 2005, 8:04 PM
Sorry, sort of forgot about this post. Do that a lot, but . . . just wanted to thank siarck for much helpfulness.