PDA

View Full Version : I'm in my (place) (doing something)

PANDAQUEEN
10th Sep 2015, 11:07 PM
The rules are simple: you tell of where and what you're doing. It has to be real so no lying and you may comment on your situation.

I'm in my bedroom, binge watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

See as I stopped looking up to Disney stars (females in particular) at a young age, the fact David Yost is gay and Walter Jones had his back after David protested working conditions, that's true heroism on both parts. Besides, to make it worse, Kim Kardashian is no more a hero than I am a Irish wrestler with typical ginger features.

HarVee
10th Sep 2015, 11:15 PM
Bedroom. Computer. Reading another PANDAQUEEN post on a site called ModTheSims.info. The ambiance around is sickening, with its subtle stench of anger flowing through the air. Myself effected by the tension of the rising tides. And as I type this message, all I can do is wonder why have I become accustomed to mediocrity. Accustomed to disappointment and resentment. Why indeed.

VerDeTerre
10th Sep 2015, 11:23 PM
Bedroom. Computer. Reading another PANDAQUEEN post on a site called ModTheSims.info. The ambiance around is sickening, with its subtle stench of anger flowing through the air. Myself effected by the tension of the rising tides. And as I type this message, all I can do is wonder why have I become accustomed to mediocrity. Accustomed to disappointment and resentment. Why indeed. Why the anger? And mediocrity? There's a solution: look within. Be the change you want to see. Who said that first? Whoever did was very wise.

HarVee
10th Sep 2015, 11:27 PM
Why the anger? And mediocrity? There's a solution: look within. Be the change you want to see. Who said that first? Whoever did was very wise.
When I look within I find a void world of white & black and while I look for grey often I just find red. But anyway I guess that's something left for another thread. Or therapist office. Or a cathedral.

VerDeTerre
10th Sep 2015, 11:34 PM
When I look within I find a void world of white & black and while I look for grey often I just find red. But anyway I guess that's something left for another thread. Or therapist office. Or a cathedral. Or ...it sounds like the beginning of a joke, like the one about the nun falling down the stairs....

Anyway, I was being serious. You are projecting your feelings onto the outside world. To find something else, dig deeper within you. It's there. I promise.

PANDAQUEEN
10th Sep 2015, 11:44 PM
Sorry to make you livid, HarVee.

Good news is, I can grow my hair back. All those photos of me with hair were wigs and since government officials have admitted that marijuana is the cancer killer, my hair can grow again.

HarVee
10th Sep 2015, 11:49 PM
Sorry to make you livid, HarVee.
Don't really know why you're apologizing. You have done no wrong. :up:

VerDeTerre
10th Sep 2015, 11:50 PM
I'm at my dining room table, putting off what I need to do, catching up on notes at MTS and facebook, which leads to checking out videos. I just watched a video of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dancing and singing 'There May Be Trouble Ahead'. The intro is way too long before the song actually starts. I need to do other things, but also need some time to give my mind a rest. I'm thinking a couple of games of Spite and Malice and then maybe a short nap before I get going on stuff I need to do before I can sleep.

PANDAQUEEN
11th Sep 2015, 12:15 AM
Don't really know why you're apologizing. You have done no wrong. :up:

Just a feminine habit of saying sorry too much.

simmer22
11th Sep 2015, 12:24 AM
Bedroom, watching a series (while not doing school reading). To my defense (while technically not a good defense), the series is about librarians (not quite the book kind, but the kind hunting down magical objects and stuff), so what I'm doing is at least vaguely book-related, if not school-related...

Best_Leopard
11th Sep 2015, 12:26 AM
I'm on the bus, going home after a stressful day at work.

Thranduil Oropherion
11th Sep 2015, 12:32 AM
My office - I sit at an old leather topped desk which is in front of a window. I can see birds and the occasional cat. Music playing. Dog under the desk on my foot. On second coffee of the morning.

PANDAQUEEN
11th Sep 2015, 12:36 AM
This is my hair as of lately, originally I was going to buzz it off, but when dad announced there IS a cure for cancer and it was hiding in plain sight...I decided to let my hair grow back again for the first time in almost 3 years

VerDeTerre
11th Sep 2015, 12:41 AM
I'm in my living room living up to my role as a crazy cat lady

@VerDeTerre I got your note but I'll reply tomorrow so I don't disturb you ;) Pizza...I'm still wasting time. Write when you will. I love this current avatar of yours.

Viktor86
11th Sep 2015, 1:21 AM
In my bedroom, MTS'ing.

lindali365
11th Sep 2015, 3:12 AM
I'm in my dining room, using my laptop to catch up with MTSimmers. Happy that I won't be cooking dinner tonight as I woke from a nap only a half hour ago. We'll have Friday night pizza instead (like it's different depending on the day???).

Now all we have to do is decide what to watch while we're eating. Finished up watching "Narcos" so that's out, unless we start a do-over.

ETA: We ended up watching "Wild" with Reese Witherspoon. I wanted to go out for a long walk afterward but it was too late at night. And I didn't want any coppers to get in my face about walking around the neighborhood in the wee hours.

Viktor86
11th Sep 2015, 3:33 AM
You aren't eating our beloved member @pizza, are you? ;)

lindali365
11th Sep 2015, 4:00 AM
Hahaha! My goodness, no. What would we do without @pizza here? It just wouldn't be right. We'll be having a pizza wannabe.

Mistermook
11th Sep 2015, 8:20 AM
I'm about to go to bed, because the notion that evil never sleeps is a lie.

mustluvcatz
11th Sep 2015, 8:39 AM
Sitting on my chair, in the front room, in front of my computer wondering how the hell I didn't notice the fact that I'm out of coffee and creamer before now. Something I use every day and I didn't notice I'd used both up? I have no actual cash and am waiting to get paid for work done - so I keep checking my PayPal balance... like it's going to change in the middle of the night. *sigh*

stitch_too
11th Sep 2015, 10:30 AM
Bedroom, reading this thread and wondering if its too early to give my new hoover its first test run. And i hear Oscar trying to escape, so im gonna let him out.

pizza
11th Sep 2015, 10:32 AM
Aww thank you @VerDeTerre :)
and thanks for looking out for me as usual @Viktor86 ahaha it's great news to hear @lindali365 isn't eating me :p

no.[666]bicycle
11th Sep 2015, 11:28 AM
At home its 2:27 AM about to start the sims 4 while waiting for my fiancÚ to return from far far away!

simbalena
11th Sep 2015, 12:08 PM
In my living room/kitchen trying to relax, just finished cooking dinner and exhausted from work, drinking gin and apple/rhubarb juice, have applied first coat of my new Diorlisse Abricot in Snow Pink on toes and fingers, about to apply second coat.

Had new sink and benchtop installed yesterday so pretending I live in a show home everytime I go into the kitchen half of the room. Every other part of the room is a mess due to all the normal mess plus all the kitchen mess I had to move so the new benchtops could be installed.

Bigsimsfan12
11th Sep 2015, 4:43 PM
In my livingroom, waiting for my friend to come over.

GnatGoSplat
11th Sep 2015, 10:44 PM
At the office. Been busting my ass trying to get a big project done by deadline and I think I've got it, so decided to take a quick break. Listening to Lindsey Stirling on vintage Sennheiser headphones that I found in a pile of my dad's things and put new ear cushions on a few days ago. Started tearing up, not sure if because Lindsey Stirling's music touches me emotionally or because I was thinking about my dad. Figured trolling forums and reading a Pandaqueen post would take my mind off things should someone come by my office, don't want them to see me all teary-eyed and stuff.

mustluvcatz
11th Sep 2015, 11:27 PM
Still sitting in my front room, in my chair in front of the computer. BUT!!! I now have coffee and creamer, so I'm thinking of getting up to make me some coffee... if I can convince the rest of me (my brain is all for it but my body seems to think "Eh..") to get up and do it I'll be a happy camper. I've been running around all day and just don't want to move now that I'm home. :)

Bigsimsfan12
12th Sep 2015, 12:16 AM
In my livingroom, waiting for my friend to come over.
I am on my sofa, with my friend asleep on me.

I need to get up and wee but she's literally got her head on a pillow on my side so moving would be awkward.

HarVee
12th Sep 2015, 12:59 AM
Bedroom. Computer. Currently I am browsing the internet for more jewelry, as I never have enough. The temperature in my home is unpleasantly hot and yet I have a blanket nestled around me.

Thranduil Oropherion
12th Sep 2015, 1:09 AM
Back in the office - mainlining coffee as I try to shift my *slight* hangover and nursing slightly grazed knuckles on my left hand which may or may not have inadvertently come into contact with someones teeth .. :blink:

PANDAQUEEN
12th Sep 2015, 2:18 AM
At the office. Been busting my ass trying to get a big project done by deadline and I think I've got it, so decided to take a quick break. Listening to Lindsey Stirling on vintage Sennheiser headphones that I found in a pile of my dad's things and put new ear cushions on a few days ago. Started tearing up, not sure if because Lindsey Stirling's music touches me emotionally or because I was thinking about my dad. Figured trolling forums and reading a Pandaqueen post would take my mind off things should someone come by my office, don't want them to see me all teary-eyed and stuff.

That's rather sweet to have those feelings for your old man since he passed. I'm flattered you find me amusing.

You're a good man, GnatGoSplat. You have such a human side that it puts the kids who abused me in school to shame in that they never felt a thing. Good on you.

lindali365
12th Sep 2015, 2:21 AM
I'm between my dining room, living room and side porch...being a neb sh*t. There is an ambulance and 2 police vehicles at the house across the street. There was a fire truck also, but it left. An elderly couple live there, hoping that they're okay. We don't know them well enough to go over and check on them, we'd be in the way besides. This is big doings on our street, nothing ever happens (that we know or hear about).

tsyokawe
12th Sep 2015, 2:34 AM
I'm sitting here in front of my PC with Boys of Summer blasting in my ears full blast
while I work on my submission for MTS' September (tag: themeretail) Challenge.

IAmDeath
12th Sep 2015, 5:55 AM
In my room, listening to Coast to Coast AM episodes about aliens. Fuck yeah reptilians.

TheOriginalFive
12th Sep 2015, 10:13 AM
In my living room trying to upload files to a backup service. I split my files across accounts according to their purpose, like work, save games, saved music...

pizza
12th Sep 2015, 10:16 AM
I'm in my bed listening to the rain outside tapping against the window. I love it when it's like this because I feel so cosy :)

coolsim22
12th Sep 2015, 12:38 PM
currently in the the box room on the computer, reading post on MTS and watching videos of abandoned places on youtube while thinking about how I'm going to revise for the upcoming mock exams, I actually want to do really well even though it's not the real thing.

btw loving the new avartars @PANDAQUEEN and @pizza, is it Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman) out of black swan?

pizza
12th Sep 2015, 12:55 PM
@coolsim22 Yes it is! :lovestruc:

lindali365
12th Sep 2015, 10:12 PM
I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen, bathroom and hallway floors. My partner 'M' said that I'm working too hard. I guess he feels bad watching me do things while he's recovering from his most recent surgery. The hardest part is the boredom, baby.

M...It's like a James Bond film and I've turned him into Judi Dench (whom I absolutely love, by the way).

SuperSimoholic
12th Sep 2015, 11:14 PM
I'm in my flat's living room/kitchen, watching my boyfriend play Dying Light on the new PS4.

We've been good with money, so we decided to treat ourselves to a PS4, between us, for each other, from each other, for our birthdays, as they're only a month apart.

As my partner works all day, he doesn't get much time on it, so I've tried to make sure he plays on it all day today.
As there is literally nothing else to do in the flat, because the PS4 is plugged into our only TV, (except use the internet on the laptop... which gets boring after a couple of hours, and it's too cheap and crap to play games), I've been bored out of my skull and as much as I tried to hide it, he could tell. He keeps thanking me, but it's the least I can do, and it's not MY PS4, It's ours, and I use it enough. I want to let him have tomorrow too, so, I'll have to grit my teeth and bare the boredom. For love and fairness. :P

Viktor86
13th Sep 2015, 12:02 AM
is it Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman) out of black swan?

I just recognized her after your post. Very gorgeous woman, Natalie Portman.

stitch_too
13th Sep 2015, 12:37 AM
In bed, watching Frozen

Thranduil Oropherion
13th Sep 2015, 2:27 AM
In my office, frozen out :)

stitch_too
13th Sep 2015, 2:42 AM
Snuggled under my blankets, ready to go sleep.

HarVee
13th Sep 2015, 5:03 AM
Bedroom. Computer, again. I have my face drowned in a wall of XML text, as I manage to finally begin work on my Simulative Pay Project for TS3. The vibrant moonlit sands beckon outside of my open window, as the subtle draft of the outer world cools my inner world.

TheOriginalFive
13th Sep 2015, 7:24 AM
In the living room trying to rest my sprained knee after taekwondo class, because I timed my kick wrongly at a swinging sandbag in the school. Hit it too hard and hurt the side of my knee instead.

Sugah Sim
17th Sep 2015, 11:18 PM
I'm in my bedroom on my desktop, playing forum games & creating for Sugah's Place.

stitch_too
18th Sep 2015, 12:20 AM
In bed, watching House.

PANDAQUEEN
18th Sep 2015, 3:08 AM
In bed, watching MyFroggyStuff on my Wii U's YouTube app.

MyFroggyStuff is a YouTube channel featuring arts and crafts for dolls ranging from mini dolls (Lalaloopsy Littles and Littlest Pet Shop) to 1:6 scale (Monster High, Ever After High, Barbie, Bratz, Disney Store Dolls and the like) and large dolls (primarily American Girl).

simbalena
18th Sep 2015, 10:54 AM
Just home from work, drinking shiraz, listening to a few tracks on youtube.

Two hours ago my left eye became really red and bloodshot so I am a bit concerned about what is going on with that. I didn't notice any irritation so I am concerned as it is very unusual.

PANDAQUEEN
18th Sep 2015, 11:12 AM
In Vincent's bed, basking in the good feeling of us telling how much we love each other.

He was so busy with work at the clinic, he racked up enough time for a vacation American people would envy: 42 days, the average for Italian employees of their native Italy.

He's been just cuddling next to me and noticing every nuance of my beauty inside and out and now...My cat Gemini has parked herself on the small of my back.

It's typical at two in the morning: my lover is holding me close and the cat wants my attention.

TheOriginalFive
18th Sep 2015, 11:57 AM
At my desk thinking of how to continue work. Yet another project planning for a game.

Also recovering from nearly running the car into the fence after more than a year of not driving. All because I went to register myself as a voter.

lindali365
20th Sep 2015, 7:50 AM
I'm in my dining room, clicking on TS3 Store ads for bonus SimPoints. At the same time, I'm reading Gilmore Girl quotes on IMDb. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238784/quotes

If it weren't for the quotes, I'd be snoozing at the table.

HonokaAizawa
20th Sep 2015, 10:50 AM
Sitting in the living room and reading some new posts on my favorite website.
Yeah, that's all - it's damn sunday morning and my tea is cold. ._.

stitch_too
20th Sep 2015, 12:19 PM
Sitting on my bed, wondering what to do next.

Thranduil Oropherion
22nd Sep 2015, 2:41 AM
I'm taking a break in my office from helping my son pack his bag for his school trip to Japan .. He's beyond excited and it's all starting to become real for him now. It's all starting to become real for me too - he's my boy, I raised him, it's going to feel really strange in the house without him. I've given him the 'talk', I've told him to experience everything he can experience of Japan's amazing culture, I've told him what to do if he gets lost, I've told him to enjoy it to the fullest and to come home and tell me everything about his adventures.

I'm going to miss him like fuck.

PANDAQUEEN
23rd Sep 2015, 2:31 AM
Lying in bed, forum "trolling" on my smartphone.

Lately, my father switched cable providers.
I have no ill will against the new carrier, but our old carrier was boasting false claims about the speed.

Bigsimsfan12
23rd Sep 2015, 2:42 AM
Sitting on my couch, doing some work in Body Shop and SimPE

PANDAQUEEN
29th Sep 2015, 11:53 PM
In the kitchen, planning culinary operations.

I'm buying gelatin in both flavored and unflavored, Mio, candy melts for chocolates, a mold for each substance, a melting pot to melt the chocolate and by my calculations I will be able to make my bacon Mac.

HarVee
6th Oct 2015, 2:16 PM
Currently in my own little recording studio (figuratively, not literally). My mind feels like tropical rainforrest being drowned in ice cold rain as my attention is turned to the various audio samples I have stored on my computer as I attempt to remix a few songs for my project.

In case any of you actually are wondering which songs I'm attempting to remix well its these (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRCTFECnkJg) two (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ps1VpXbZhU). The former is a bit too fast-paced for what I'm trying to achieve, but it has some nice samples I can either use or replicate, particularly the synthesizer piano piece.

The latter has many sections that fit and sound great, but a few that just don't quite mix together well, so simply by rearranging the piece I may be able to achieve the sound I am looking for.