PDA

View Full Version : If you celebrate Halloween, do you dress up?

PANDAQUEEN
2nd Oct 2015, 6:02 AM
Halloween season is upon us and it is one excuse to dress up.

I take advantage of this offer. This year, I'm dressing up as Goldilocks from Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. I would be at the door giving candy to kids who pass by. I would said "The Bears gave me free rein over their house" when the kids that ask where are the bears.

I give a show and snack.

Eronel
2nd Oct 2015, 6:44 AM
Yes! Halloween is my favorite holiday. Sometimes I cosplay, I've been Gaz from Invader ZIM and was also Happy Noodle Boy from the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comics. (A zentai suit and a paper mache head sculpted around a beach ball, then painted white with an expression cut out. Black cheese cloth over the holes and voila, I'm an angry stick figure.) My sister and I have started dressing up together. Last year we went as scarecrows and went to a haunted house. :) This year we might be ringleaders. I still kinda wanna go as a raven though. Maybe we can just both be birds.

ScaryRob
2nd Oct 2015, 6:51 AM
Why...yes, yes I do.

http://i59.tinypic.com/28i3pz9.jpg

:rolleyes:

Viktor86
2nd Oct 2015, 7:09 AM
*clicks on the closet and let him change his clothes into something normal*

HarVee
2nd Oct 2015, 8:23 AM
*clicks on the closet and let him change his clothes into something normal*
I'd rather him take it off.

...What? A person can fantasize, right?

Thranduil Oropherion
2nd Oct 2015, 8:46 AM
Not this year, no. But ...
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/67779_151002064319mutilate-scorch-halloween-ecard-someecards1.jpg

SuperSimoholic
2nd Oct 2015, 11:38 AM
I haven't dressed up in years. Generally me and my partner stay in and watch movies. The Halloween we were in our old flat, we were in apartments so no one rang our bell, but this time, in this flat, we should be getting some kids knocking. But our door is to the side, not visible from the front, so again we might be missed completely. But I know my partner doesn't really want kids knocking if he can help it so he wont put signs up.

The last time I dressed up, I was a pirate. It started off as a zombie pirate, but by the end of the night the make-up wore off and I just looked like a dirty pirate, which worked.
I might get one of those animal footie pyjamas and a mask to answer the door to the kids. That way I'm comfy enough to enjoy the movies too.

Honestly, Halloween isn't really that big a deal around here. The weather is rarely nice enough for it (either freezing cold or raining) and I'm under the impression that a lot of people don't like it because they see it as 'begging' and they don't like being 'Americanised'. But I like seeing the kids in their costumes and seeing them happy when they get sweets. My partner sees it as a waste of money but he's a grump.

simsample
2nd Oct 2015, 12:11 PM
Why...yes, yes I do.

http://i59.tinypic.com/28i3pz9.jpg

:rolleyes:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Bluefunk/Sim%20Sample/SimLove.jpg

Bigsimsfan12
2nd Oct 2015, 12:42 PM
I wish I did dress up. I haven't done so since the last halloween party I went to. Last year I put on a onesie and watched Breaking Bad - that was it. This year I've been invited to a Halloween party, but I don't know whether I'm gonna go or not. I live in a uni town, so no-one really dresses up unless they're a student planning on getting drunk. I miss when I lived at home and would take my younger siblings trick-or-treating.

If I do go to that halloween party, I have no idea what I'm going as. I mean, I have some crap round the house - I could easily straighten my hair, throw on a bandanna and sunglasses and go as Axl Rose, but I'd rather put more effort in.

GnatGoSplat
2nd Oct 2015, 4:32 PM
Damn Rob, you are fit. You must get up off your computer chair and get physical activity now and then. I can't imagine what that would be like.

I always say I'm dressed up like a nerd, and I pull it off pretty well, but it's actually my all-year look.

ScaryRob
2nd Oct 2015, 4:53 PM
Damn Rob, you are fit. You must get up off your computer chair and get physical activity now and then. I can't imagine what that would be like.
Neither can I.
I thought it would be obvious that it's not a picture of me, especially with the :rolleyes: at the bottom. :rolleyes:
There's a pic of me on this page, post #2672: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=463682&c=1&ht=&page=107&pp=25#startcomment
Sorry to disappoint, y'all can put your dicks back in now. :|

Aaron4Ever
2nd Oct 2015, 5:18 PM
Halloween is the worst part of the year for me.
*disagree mashing intensifies*
And because of who I am, I'm not a fan of scary things and/or cosplay, so the trick or treating is the worst part of Halloween.

Viktor86
2nd Oct 2015, 6:55 PM
I'd rather him take it off.

...What? A person can fantasize, right?

He has at least wrong gender for that. :Pint:

HarVee
2nd Oct 2015, 7:47 PM
He has at least wrong gender for that. :Pint:
Not to me he doesn't. And apparently @simsample too. ;)

simsample
2nd Oct 2015, 7:56 PM
Ah, ignore Sim Sample. He's attracted to everything.

Noa1500
2nd Oct 2015, 9:25 PM
I do minimal effort :) Last year I wore a grey t shirt, black jeans, long black boots, had my hair up in a messy bun (basically everyday me). At my friends house I borrowed a spoon, a bottle of ketchup, and a box of loops. I was....a cereal killer.

PANDAQUEEN
2nd Oct 2015, 9:30 PM
On second thought, I will resume my reign as Snohomish county's wild child.

Red leather jacket and pumps
White top
Black miniskirt
Purple stocks
Lime green flowing wig

Viktor86
3rd Oct 2015, 1:16 AM
Not to me he doesn't. And apparently @simsample too. ;)

I already suspected that. :giggler:

cord11
3rd Oct 2015, 2:50 AM
I do but never can decide on what to be :|

stuart-grey
3rd Oct 2015, 2:54 AM
If I could only remember how to run a sewing machine, I'd make a costume, I guess. I'd probably be a dinosaur, since I play one in real life.

Thranduil Oropherion
3rd Oct 2015, 6:24 AM
If I could only remember how to run a sewing machine, I'd make a costume, I guess. I'd probably be a dinosaur, since I play one in real life.
When I bother for Halloween, I do the Vampyre thing .. :rolleyes:
Hey Stewie! Nopes, I'm not buying the dinosaur crap! Stick these fangs in, *hands over pointy fangs* (you can ever get retractable ones now!) put on your most hideous shirt and we'll go trick or treating ;) All you have to be able to do is hiss 'I vant to suck your blud' without spitting your fangs out too often, it's easy! :bunny:

Mistermook
3rd Oct 2015, 7:50 AM
One of my favorite bands said it best with one of their most atypical sounds...

KFPI9b9N6CQ

IAmDeath
3rd Oct 2015, 8:57 AM
I have nothing to do and nowhere to go this Halloween. I mean, I have these PJs that make me look like a giant walking Sock Monkey. That counts as a costume, right? I'll probably just wear those and play the Sims until I pass out.

stuart-grey
3rd Oct 2015, 4:11 PM
Halloween... that's where the diabetic guy hands out candy to the little kids.

How is that right? I'm gonna hand out little bags of beef jerky and bundles of spinach.

Then I'm gonna try and catch the eggs that will be flying at my house.... eggs are healthy. All the amino acids you body needs in one nice little container. I expect after getting spinach in their sacks, they'll be throwing rotten eggs, tho'.

Stick these fangs in, *hands over pointy fangs* (you can ever get retractable ones now!) put on your most hideous shirt and we'll go trick or treating ;)
meurf... 'Kay. fangs em... Ow do I loof?

Noa1500
3rd Oct 2015, 10:13 PM
Wonderful. You look wonderful Stewie

IAmDeath
3rd Oct 2015, 11:27 PM
I expect after getting spinach in their sacks, they'll be throwing rotten eggs, tho'.

I would. Just sayin.

Thranduil Oropherion
3rd Oct 2015, 11:35 PM
Spinach? You sick f*ck, Stewie!
I never knew you had it in you!

ps looking hot in the fangs, man ;)

stuart-grey
4th Oct 2015, 12:29 AM
Hey, Spinach was good enough for Pop-Eye!

pikeman101
4th Oct 2015, 12:30 AM
I'm going to a wedding this Halloween and I'll be dressed as psycho Santa Claus. I may upload a photo on November first (so excited for it!).

I've already got:
- Hat
- Fake blood
- Fake rotten zombie teeth
- White beard
- White hairspray
- Red sweater
- Belt
- Black track pants
- Pale facepaint

I just need to learn some makeup tricks for looking dead. I plan on applying pale facepaint and adding blue and green eyeshadow to my jawline, adding creases to my forehead, and applying blue facepaint to my lips.

efolger997
5th Oct 2015, 9:22 PM
The Allies (LGBTQ) club which I'm a part of at my college is having an equality ball on the 30th so I'll probably go dressed as a vampire. I already have a long black dress, I just need a black sweater and some shoes.

VerDeTerre
12th Oct 2015, 3:56 PM
My sweetheart and I go to a friend's home every year for Halloween for an adult party. A donation to a charity of choice is made for the best costume. We've never won, but have fun dressing up and going anyway. One year, we went as the couple in the painting 'American Gothic', complete with an empty picture frame. I think we've figured out we have enough stuff to go as pirates this year, which is sort of a standard costume. My sweetie just bought me the cutest pirate hat complete with red bows.

Hey, Spinach was good enough for Pop-Eye! Hee hee. I always liked to joke that Halloween was one of my favorite holidays because no one said anything if you left cobwebs hanging around your home and left the house with spinach stuck between your teeth like some old witch or troll that had been noshing on weird green stuff.