PDA

View Full Version : Build and Buy mode not working

lechatnoirxvii
17th Apr 2005, 4:01 PM
Hello! When I am in Pleasantvue, playing a family (my legacy family), one the the girls has a baby, and when that little box pops up saying that there is a new family member on the way and blah blah blah, the build, buy and save modes all become inactive, as if there was a fire or something. And in addition to that, no one can interact with the baby. The first time this happened I ended up moving them out and then in again (so annoying to lose all of the furniture and have to put everything bakc again), it seemed to be fixed, be she had a second shild and the same thing happened. Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone have any clues on how to fix it? I do have Uni, but I really don't think that it is the problem, but it might be. Thanks for your help in advance!!

Berg
17th Apr 2005, 4:10 PM
Same thing happened to me (doesn't have Uni). The buy/build mode is permanently disabled in that particular family, ever since they got their baby. Moving them to different lots doesn't help either.

I searched the forums here but couldn't find a solution then. Maybe now?

jimz50
17th Apr 2005, 4:12 PM
I've had the same problem. Though not in every house. The female who had the baby was a former college dormmate.

jimz50
17th Apr 2005, 4:16 PM
To fix it. I used insiminator to re enable save game (I did not have insiminator installed the first time this happened. I had to revert to an old save then).
Then I exited the Sims 2. I used SimPe to change the lot to a community lot. Started Sims 2. Went into the lot. Saved it. Exited Sims2. Changed it back to residential with SimPe. and then everything was fine. I've had to use this method twice on my legacy family now.

Berg
17th Apr 2005, 4:17 PM
Thanks, gonna try that!

lechatnoirxvii
17th Apr 2005, 4:59 PM
Jimz50 : When you changed that with simpe did it ever happen again? Just wondering....

jimz50
18th Apr 2005, 7:20 AM
Jimz50 : When you changed that with simpe did it ever happen again? Just wondering....

Yes it happen twice so far. I used the same procedure to fix it both times.