PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 3: A Hate-filled Rant

mortschool1
6th Oct 2017, 3:48 AM
I gave TS3 a trial run, and I just can't. There were too many annoying and unnecessary things that made me run back to TS2.

1.) Random zombies showing up to run EVERY &$*%(#* PLANT!
2.) How hard it is to install cc.
3.) Every random date cancelling.
4.) How long it takes to load.
5.) You can't play multiple neighborhoods or houses without switching them and losing whatever.
6.) How many actions your sims perform that make them a turn off.
7.) How much more needy they are (they get hot in certain clothes, etc.)
8.) How you have to buy individual ingredients.
9.) How there were a limited number of lots.

I did like however:
1.) How you could build anywhere and the lots alter themselves.
2.) The enhanced CAS options.

pretenshus
6th Oct 2017, 4:58 AM
Welp, if its any consolation, many of these things can be fixed with mods that are readily available

nitromon
6th Oct 2017, 5:15 AM

Nope, never heard of it. Then again I don't have that EP.

Easier than Sims 2. You just not doing it right.

Never heard of it.

2 min 41 sec without cc, 5 mins with CC. And only load once instead of every lot.

5.) You can't play multiple neighborhoods or houses without switching them and losing whatever.

Only thing you lose is their wishes. Who cares?

Like what?

Nope, never heard of it.

Nope, never heard of it.

So there are unlimited number of lots in TS2?

You got anything else you want to troll about?

mortschool1
6th Oct 2017, 5:25 AM

Nope, never heard of it. Then again I don't have that EP.

Easier than Sims 2. You just not doing it right.

Never heard of it.

2 min 41 sec without cc, 5 mins with CC. And only load once instead of every lot.

Only thing you lose is their wishes. Who cares?

Like what?

Nope, never heard of it.

Nope, never heard of it.

So there are unlimited number of lots in TS2?

You got anything else you want to troll about?

How obnoxious and unnecessary your comment was? Or should I address your trolling? How come you've never had any of the issues I have as if you never played more than one minute even though you're being a jerk about how I'm dealing with them?

gskdoleo
6th Oct 2017, 6:07 AM
You can disable zombies with Nraas Retuner.
@EDIT Links here Download Retuner (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Retuner)
How Can I Stop Zombies From Spawning (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/OCCULT#x-Change%20The%20Number%20Of%20Zombies%20Created%20During%20A%20Full%20Moon)

-download package
-unzip
-copy
-mods/package folder
-paste

Yep, very hard. :blink:

Yes, if you are running the game on a toaster (like my laptop.... :cry:)

You just lose their wishes.

It's not about clothes, It's Seasons... You should read this and learn how works: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/seasons/summer.php

You don't need to buy anything to cook.

igazor
6th Oct 2017, 6:42 AM
I'm going to take a slightly different approach. To the OP -- would you like some assistance in getting TS3 to run better for you or more to your liking, or would you prefer that we stand back as you complain about it? It's fine either way, although this forum board is an unusual place to choose for the latter. Honestly though, it's difficult to tell what we can do to make you happier here.

nitromon
6th Oct 2017, 6:46 AM
How obnoxious and unnecessary your comment was? Or should I address your trolling?

- 8 out of 9 on your list are completely false

- What is the purpose of your post? Affirmation? Then you would post in the TS2 forum. Asking for help? Then you would post actual questions. What motive do you have to post this?

- Why is your name mortschool1? You are expecting to be flagged and banned so you can create mortschool2? 3? 4?

Why don't you go troll somewhere else. We aren't buying it.

daisylee
6th Oct 2017, 6:54 AM
The originator here clearly has no idea what he or she is doing and IMO just wants to rant rather than learn. I am also very curious about how one gave it a "trial run".

sweetdevil
6th Oct 2017, 8:32 AM
OP, you'd get more sympathetic replies if you went after EA instead :)

nitromon
6th Oct 2017, 8:57 AM
Well after checking up mortschool1's profile and posting, yeah I guess we can give him the benefit of the doubt he's not trolling.

Apparently he's an avid TS2 player who played for around 9-10 years. But recent issues with outdated mods and corruptions made his game unplayable so he decided to give TS3 a try. About a month ago, he posted in the TS3 help forum asking for help installing mods.

Morty,

First of all, you cannot play TS3 with the attitude you are "replacing TS2." It just does not work that way, the 2 games are vastly different. TS2 is a dollhouse while TS3 is an open world simulator. This means of course there will be trade offs, you'll lose some things and gain some other things. I do believe a lot of TS3 players here are also fans of TS2, some playing both right now. As far as I know, TS3 fans here are also quite honest about the game. They know all the problems and issues with TS3 such as error 12, lags, and easily corrupted savefiles etc... This is why your rant is not really "accurate" b/c as I've said 8/9 things you've said were completely false. They seem more like your personal disappointment b/c TS3 is not a suitable "TS2 replacement" you were hoping for. But more accurately... "you can never replace nostalgia."

This is why I don't think anyone here can actually help you b/c you've already decided you don't like TS3. The only way you can come to enjoy TS3 is if you stop making it a "TS2 replacement" and attempt to evaluate it solely base on the game itself. And even so, perhaps you simply do not like open world simulators, in which case many people at TS4 would be more than happy to receive you.

But like I've said, many things you've complained about are not just incorrect, but they were actually in TS2 - limited lots (of course there are limited lots, it is in every sims), the temperature thing (TS2 also has temperature when they introduced Seasons), etc... etc...

Anyhow, good luck with all that.

GrijzePilion
6th Oct 2017, 9:07 AM
OP, this reads like something I would post on a TS4 forum to be annoying. Not something someone else should post on a TS3 forum to incite discussion.

Here's the thing. TS2 is absolutely the better game. TS2 is really well balanced and really well thought out, and it holds up very well after 13 years. There's no doubt that it's the best Sims game on paper.
But TS3 is everything they wanted TS2 to be, plus a ton more. It's a bit broken by default, but you should look through that because it's not a feature. It's not supposed to be like that. It's supposed to be an open, dynamic, live open world with an enormous amount of lots and an even enormousererer amount of freedom to do whatever the hell you want.

On a side note, OP, I'd like to see you try TS4. You'll, uh, "love" it.

simsample
6th Oct 2017, 9:39 AM
@mortschool1 Looks like your request for help with Sims 2 died a death, but if you'd like help to get that game going again, I would start another thread in the TS2 help section.

If you want to know what mods to use to get your Sims 3 game as you like it, you can always ask for something specific in the Sims 3 WCIF forum.

Don Babilon
6th Oct 2017, 11:08 AM
At first I thought this was a necroed thread from 2009, but as it isn't here's my two cents.

When I played TS3 first after it came out I quit after a short while again because I thought it was horrible. I've never played TS2 but came straight from playing The Sims 1 which I had played continuously since I had bought it in 2001. The one thing that I had always wished for in TS1, namely that I could go and visit my Sims' neighbours, was granted in TS3 but the rest I could not get into.
It was only after World Adventures was released that I found my way back. It wasn't the EP as such (my Sims back then have never traveled) but that in the meantime there were enough mods that modified the game such that I could finally enjoy it (switching households on-the-go was the most important for me). Since then I have completely abandoned Sims 1 and have been playing Sims 3, almost religiously at times.
I still doubt that I could ever play this game vanilla for more than a few minutes, however. And over the years I seem to have developed a play style that is heavily indebted to TS1 again - with no story mode and aging off and I don't switch households as often anymore and rather switch between saves in different worlds.

Having said that, for most issues OP claims to have there is either a solution or it is based on a lack of knowledge how things work. And many of them do not even require a mod and can be solved in-game:
There are, for example, various ways to prevent zombies from eating your plants.
You can buy cooking ingredients in bulk from the grocery store.
The clothing items themselves have no effect on body temperature (although that would be interesting)
Can't say anything about the dates cancelling, however, if this means the random invitation calls from neighbours because I have them disabled with a mod. The dates that I initiate always work, unless I decide to invite a Sim that is either at work or probably in bed.

I have heard, although I cannot confirm it, that Sims 4 is more like Sims 2 in many respects. Maybe OP should try that instead. Origin offers a free 48 (?) trial version, so you don't have to buy it first to be disappointed later.

GrijzePilion
6th Oct 2017, 11:40 AM
At first I thought this was a necroed thread from 2009, but as it isn't here's my two cents.
It reads like one, for sure.
And I didn't like TS3 either at first. I'd been playing TS2 a lot around the time it came out, and a friend of a friend had it on launch day. I saw some of it, and had very mixed feelings. It looked new and shiny, but it also scared me off. I'm not even sure why, to be honest. But I stopped being interested in it that day. I didn't pay it any attention until World Adventures came out, a surprisingly short time after, and I didn't even get it until after Ambitions had come out.
I gave it another chance, and never stopped playing.

ElaineNualla
6th Oct 2017, 12:06 PM
You know, TS2 may be pretty annoying without a whole bunch of mods, too. That's a particular charm of the series as they always were (and are).

And - there's nothing wrong with having fun with both of them ;)

jje1000
6th Oct 2017, 12:06 PM
TS3 has the ugliest but most entertaining sims.

joandsarah77
6th Oct 2017, 1:14 PM
@Kaiko Espurr please put your pictures under spoiler tags, only 4 pictures are allowed to be outside of one.

Goldenbtrfly
6th Oct 2017, 1:43 PM
I guess I read the original post with a bit more compassion, as someone who understands people just get frustrated and like to vent. *shrug* That said, I do sympathize with 3, 5, 8 and slightly 9. Let me explain.

3. I had to laugh at this one, because this happens to me a lot too. I invite someone on a date/group outing and less than 10 minutes in, they run off to do "whatever" - and I'm left like... :wtf: while they go "gee, that was interesting", like it's MY fault they cancelled the date from their side. :lol: It can be frustrating, and with me being newer to playing Sims 3 all the time, I can sympathize. It, however, has not annoyed me to the point of seeking a solution yet, but in time it may.

5. I know most of you are like "So what, it's just promised wishes", but I get it. I had a similar issue come up last night, and until I fulfill some big wishes that my active household has, I don't want to just chuck all that progress toward them in the trash for changing homes. It just seems like a huge waste, and can be frustrating when you want to play someone new.

8. I think what mortschool1 meant is that you have to pay attention to making sure you have individual ingredients. It's definitely new to someone who would be used to 2, and perhaps they just felt a little overwhelmed. True, you do buy eggs in bulk from the grocer, but you buy each item individually in bulk (shopping via recipes or creating a saved shopping list helps very much with this).

9. I find placing new lots in the worlds to be trying, so I don't do it often. Worlds in 2 seemed to have many more places for slapping tons of lots, and coming to 3 it does seem a bit more restricted with lot placement "lining up" with the roads.

All in all, I just think the original post was one of frustration, wanting to vent and it's hard for the more seasoned, passionate Sims 3 players to see it from a newcomers eyes, when everyone is so well-versed with mods, workarounds, etc. I just installed my first Sims 3 mod the other day, and I had to look up how to do it. Haha! I've had the game for a few years now, and have always played vanilla, but when you do branch out, it's nice to know you can have a community to help. I have no clue what a "Nraas Returner" is or who "Nraas" is at all, although I hear the name mentioned with mods often. That probably sounds sacrilegious to most of you though. :lol: It is said by many that solutions are available, but no links were given - no posts to help. They probably just wanted an ear and some help, and turned to their Sims community instead of Google... and got the pitchforks.

GrijzePilion
6th Oct 2017, 1:50 PM
I have no clue what a "Nraas Returner" is or who "Nraas" is at all, although I hear the name mentioned with mods often. That probably sounds sacrilegious to most of you though. :lol:
Boys, get the stake. We've got another one to burn.

Goldenbtrfly
6th Oct 2017, 2:14 PM
Boys, get the stake. We've got another one to burn.

LOL, exactly!!! :lol: I don't mind though, we don't all play at the same time. Burn away!!! ;)
I'm so new to mods for 3, it's not even funny. I was just browsing the downloads here on 3, and I'm grabbing a few.

igazor
6th Oct 2017, 2:54 PM
I think it's still interesting to read about avid TS3 players' initial reactions to this game from this particular community even so many years later. I came into it a bit later than some, it was near the end of 2011, and like a few others here had never played TS2 but had fond memories of TS1 from many years prior. I was bowled over by the age states, the potential for genetics to actually work, the open world, and the sense that the other sims around mine were actually living their own lives, going through their days with a purpose and with needs and goals of their own to tend to, rather than randomly popping up and walking by my sim's house just to give the illusion of the world around my sim being busy -- it really was busy. Yet they (almost) always had time to stop what they were doing and have a chat with my sim as he encountered them. It became pretty clear from the outset, though, that asking a sim out for a date without really knowing anything about them or there being any potential for attraction at all was just not going to go well.

I put my first sim in a career that I thought looked challenging, sat back, and waited for it to be impossible for them to progress without massive efforts on my part, time management, and intense skilling up almost right away like in TS1. Well, that was too easy and the intense skilling could come later, so figured that the challenges of game must lie elsewhere as indeed they did.

It didn't take long for the glitches and cracks in the story telling platform to emerge, especially as I was playing the more limited Mac version of the game at the time. But something compelled me to stay with it, to read about other players' solutions, to learn about these AwesomeMod and NRaas things that everyone kept blabbering about even if I had no intention of adding mods to the game right away. Didn't really take long to add my first few tuning mods though. From reading about others' positive experiences, mostly on the EA forums at the time, clearly there was something here that made working through the glitches and annoyances, none of which for me were really game-breaking, worth the time and effort.

By the time I actually needed help with something in-game that I couldn't find a solution for all over the place already, over a real time year had gone by and my original game was already progressed by a few generations. The folks at NRaas from where I was already using several mods were so kind and helpful, and they so readily laughed at my silly jokes, that I stuck around and became part of the community. I was also an AwesomeMod user at the time, but thankfully had the common sense not to bother asking for any assistance over there. It was inspiring at NRaas to watch Twallan methodically work his way through player support and mod development/refinement with a genuine concern for quality, customer care, and players' experiences on a scale that I've rarely seen elsewhere. Even watching Pescado work with his customer base in his own way at MATY, when he was in one of his better moods, was kind of fun.

Maybe it just takes more patience and pliability on the part of the player to get the most out of this iteration of the game more so than the others. At no point in my evolution through it nor that of many others I see here and at NRaas did it ever occur to us to show up on a fan-based forum board and blow raspberries all over the game's annoyances or alienate the players who were busy with a hobby that they clearly enjoyed. What would be the point of that? At one point back then well after I learned how to play and get past everyday things that could be barriers to having fun as a player such as the technical issues, I did have a conversation with myself about what I wanted to get out this game as a storytelling platform, and if most of those things were going to be reachable or if I needed to move on to something else. I chose to believe that the game was capable of giving me the experiences I wanted, although with a lot of work on my part, and of course stayed with it with no regrets.

The game is admittedly not for everyone. But for those who do like it or are still making up their minds about it, and require assistance in getting it to go where they want it to, such assistance is readily available. Though one does have to be a bit more clear about what one is asking for or posts like these can be taken in all kinds of different ways. And I don't mean to be unkind, but saying "I don't know what an NRaas is" on a thread where one of its managers and the other players are right here to answer any questions about the mod suite should they be asked just doesn't come across as being a genuinely interested inquiry. But, in any event, this might be worth a read: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Getting+Started+Using+NRAAS+Mods

GrijzePilion
6th Oct 2017, 3:03 PM
Nah, it's a good thing. Means you get to still discover new things to get excited about. I remember when I was playing TS3 five years ago and thought I had it all sorted out. It's so fun and pretty, I thought, how could this be made any better?
And that's when my Sims looked like this... (https://i.imgur.com/CL4w9W2.jpg)
Whereas a couple of years later they looked like this: (https://i.imgur.com/qJtNLso.jpg)
And nowadays they look more like this. (https://i.imgur.com/NLLj2zE.png)

Goldenbtrfly
6th Oct 2017, 3:28 PM
@igazor
I loved reading your post, and thank you for making it! I want you to know that I didn't say. "I don't know what an NRaas is". I said, "I don't know what an NRaas Returner is." VERY big distinction in being a snotty twit and just being a person new to mods who doesn't know what something is. :lol: It's not that I don't know how to Google it, I just haven't had a reason to heavily mod the game - YET. I also had no idea that one of it's managers was here on the board, and shows how completely out-of-touch with the community and mods I really am! Eep! My apologies if any of my post rubbed anyone wrong. I do feel that the choice of the words "hate-filled" was poor from the OP, when it was clearly just frustration with the game; and the pitchforks will definitely come out when you poo-poo a game someone is passionate about. Most definitely going to happen. I do love 3, and have been on a bender the past 3 or 4 days, but just recently coming off playing vanilla that long I could probably sympathize the best with mortschool1, when you all probably have heavily modded games and may not have seen those behaviors in quite some time! Thank you for the link, as well, I will check it out, and I certainly hope OP does too. :up:

@GrijzePilion
Haha, yup! I am adding the expansions and stuff packs in slowly, so there is always something new and exciting for me to mess around with in game! I just recently started playing with professions, and I enjoy the more "active" jobs quite a bit! Your screenshots are amazing, and really show how the game can change depending on what you add to it/what you make of it. I'm excited to see where mine will be in time. Thanks for the post!

igazor
6th Oct 2017, 3:38 PM
@igazor
I loved reading your post, and thank you for making it! I want you to know that I didn't say. "I don't know what an NRaas is". I said, "I don't know what an NRaas Returner is." VERY big distinction in being a snotty twit and just being a person new to mods who doesn't know what something is. :lol:
Yes, I know that's what you said. This is a game forum. We tend to exaggerate and twist things around at least a little bit just in the course of everyday conversation, usually just for fun but it's also how we communicate. I must have mentioned this at least a billion times here already. :jest:

Just to answer the question for when you are ready to expand your horizons a bit (even if you don't want the mod, that's fine too), it's Retuner and not Returner. It's purpose is to help tune the game in ways that can also be done with standalone Tuning Mods, only with more flexibility and without the overhead of having to add many such Tuning Mods in separately. It's not what I would recommend as the place to start with NRaas necessarily though, all of this comes in good time for those who need it. :)

Ghost sdoj
6th Oct 2017, 3:50 PM
Random zombies: They are NOT zombies! They are were-rabbits that look like zombies. They go back to being your neighbors when the sun comes up. (Which means that practicing your newly discovered Fire Blast on them is a great way to make enemies.) But yes, there are numerous ways to protect your garden, even if putting it behind a locked gate doesn't suit the aesthetic of the lot. Even a Moodlet Manager can cure them. (Although you might need to zap them a couple of times.) There are also potions and spells that cure them and send them away, and you can often distract them with a mood light from the Party menu, or even by pulling out a WA camera and asking them to pose for a picture which you then don't take. I've even had them leave by talking to another (non-zombie) guest and asking everyone to leave.

Installing CC: If it's in a Sims 3 Pack, put it in Downloads and start the Launcher. Or just Double-click it. Or, if it's not a world, pattern, or counter, convert it to a Package file. If it's a Package file, copy it and paste it into your Mods/Packages folder. (or a subfolder in Packages) Yes, you do need to set up the Mods folder first, but that is as simple as downloading the Framework Setup from the Blue "Download" link in the center of this page http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files and extracting the contents to your Documents/Sims 3 folder. If it's a sim, it is either in a Sims 3 pack, which you handle like any other sims 3 pack, or it's a Sim file that gets copied into Saved Sims. The big hurdle is learning where things go. Which was also a hurdle in switching from Sims 1 to Sims 2.

If the random person calling for a date is a good friend, is not calling from work, and doesn't have a moodlet like "Hungry" or "Tired" they are less likely to cancel. (Admittedly, the moodlets are hard to check up on. ) If it's a random stranger, give your sims the same degree of caution that you would have in real life if a random stranger is calling you for a date. Or even someone you only know online.

My Sims 3 game loads more quickly than Sims 2. Of course, my Sims 3 game has about a quarter of the amount of CC that my Sims 2 game does, and I have the Complete Edition of Sims 2, so I'm not missing half of the EPs there. Are you sure you don't have some Sims 2 packages in your Sims 3 game? They don't show up, but they do slow it down. And, as has been mentioned before, you only have one load unless you send your sim on vacation. There is no loading time for crossing the street.

Yes, if you switch houses you can have the other sims still carrying on with their lives. This can be solved by turning Story Progression off, and by using Master Controller with the Cheats module to give them back the days that you spent in the other lot (And by making sure that you always leave enough time to get back before someone ages up.) Or just turn aging off. Or you can use NRAAS Story Progression, adjust it so that there will be no job changes, marriages, break-ups, etc. while you are away, and then activate TS2 style aging. If you use NRAAS Master Controller and have the Dreamcatcher mod, they won't even lose their wishes. (Be careful, losing promised wishes is a way to keep the saved game from getting so big that it explodes.) EDIT: There are multiple ways to change households with Master Controller. Some keep wishes, and some don't. Read the documentation for which is which.

Sims performing weird actions that are a turn-off is a subjective matter, but there are mods to nerf most of the really egregious ones, and even some mods to nerf ones that I think are cute. And it's not limited to Sims 3. Give a pair of playful, shy sims in Sims 2 a handheld game and an MP3 player and send them on a date... The date timer is likely to run down before they even get to say hello to each other. (Especially if you also have a remote control car in the room. )

I'm missing half of the EPs for Sims 3, including Pets and Seasons, but getting hot when wearing clothing that can also be outerwear when it's not cold outside, catching fire from woohoo in the hot tub, making sure the cat was in a good mood to go to her job, freezing to death from being in the attic in winter, starting to cook and then wandering off to let their recipe burn down the kitchen while they dance in front of the fire and prevent the firefighter from getting near it, and several other annoyances were all in Sims 2. They aren't needier, but the needs are different. (But you don't lose anything if you cancel a promised wish. They just don't get the Lifetime Happiness points they would have gotten if you had completed it. And there is a small possibility that they may eventually learn to stop asking for it.)

It's just as easy to "fridge shop" in Sims 3 as it was in Sims 2, unless you get a mod that nerfs that so you need to actually have cheese in the fridge or inventory before you start cooking mac and cheese. (which can be a wise precaution. It's a very simple way to nerf cooking of recipes that you don't want them fixing. A family with a vegetarian sim doesn't need to be cooking tri-tip steak for a family meal.)

Limited lots: Sims 2 limits your lots to what would fit along the roads you were using. If you really have more than 200 lots (that are bigger than 20x30) in your Sims 2 game, I would like to know which map you are using. In Sims 3 you can drop a lot anywhere that has enough room for it. Of course, using the in-game world editor does break routing, but EA has broken routing in a lot of their worlds anyway. If you don't want to (or can't) use CAW, and you really, desperately want another lot in your world, you can add it. (Although I would keep a copy of a save from just before you did that, in case you decide that the new routing lag is too much to deal with. The only way to undo adding a lot to repair the routing that I know of is to restore the backup.

It IS harder to make a new world in Sims 3 than in Sims 2, although it's also less likely that you will get distracted by playing Sim City and forget that you were actually planning to work on the map.

Don Babilon
6th Oct 2017, 4:22 PM
Before I modded the zombies out I had a simple solution that was also quite entertaining at times: every full moon I packed the whole family and had them spend the night in the "hotel"; in Moonlight Falls I had a Nectary, for example, with enough beds and furnished such that a whole family could spend days there if they wanted.
Zombies spawn wherever your active Sims are. So while they destroyed the nectary garden (it mends itself on community lots anyway) my garden at home remained untouched and I could always make a story out of that. It was actually quite fun and sometimes I miss the pre-full moon panic and the ensuing peace at the fireplace while hell breaks loose outside.

In Isla Paradiso they could spend the night at the resort, in Lucky Palms there is an abandoned resort that can easily be converted into a community lot. The possibilities are nearly endless, and if these don't satisfy you, well,then there are still the mods.

GrijzePilion
6th Oct 2017, 4:24 PM
There is nothing in the entire world that could make me remove the No Zombies mod from my game.

SusannaG
6th Oct 2017, 5:27 PM
1. Garden fences.
2. Depends on format. Some is as easy to install as Sims 2 CC.
3. ?
4. If you're a CC pack rat (I stand guilty), it's going to take a while to load any Sims game. And in both 2 and 3, there are options to pare the time down.
5. Yes, this bugs me as well. However, you can start another family. But no, my control freak tendencies are better suited to Sims 2. (Which is why I play both.)
6. ?
7. Sims 3 sims are nowhere near as hard to take care of as Sims 2 sims. Even the pregnant ones.
8. This has never bugged me (actually, I like it), but I believe there are mods for this.
9. "Edit town" is your friend. You can add new lots with it, among other things.

Goldenbtrfly
6th Oct 2017, 5:30 PM
igazor, you got me! Haha, I butchered the name right good, I did! :lol: Thank you though, and I think I may step deeper into the world of Sims 3 mods sooner than I anticipated. You guys have done some awesome stuff.

chicvibe
6th Oct 2017, 8:12 PM
igazor, you got me! Haha, I butchered the name right good, I did! :lol: Thank you though, and I think I may step deeper into the world of Sims 3 mods sooner than I anticipated. You guys have done some awesome stuff.

I enjoy Sims 3 a lot, with the help of some great mods and store content. There are some helpful things you can do to make your game load faster, and they aren't too hard to do (I am an intermediate noob - I can figure out most programs, but I am not an absolute authority). Sim3pe is a great program you can use to merge package files in your mods folder (my mods folder only likes so many files, but works great otherwise), Sim3pack cleaner will help you get rid of corrupt content in houses and sims, and Delphy's dashboard for sims 3 is a must.

Please post questions - your Sims 3 experience can be really fun, but it can be frustrating when you are navigating pretty content that may end up being worse for your game. There are also great content creators whose content may be difficult to find because they are inactive. I am one of many who can assist with that as well.

One of my favorite things about Sims 3 is the ability to create palettes and download patterns in the game. Being able to make game content less wonky looking is a plus.

I hope you have fun with the game :)

GrijzePilion
6th Oct 2017, 8:23 PM
Let me take a jab at this.

True, but TS2 has stalkers, omnipresent witches, the Clairvoyant Charlatan or whatever, and that old hag who gets really angry at everything. TS2 is the undisputed king of annoying and unnecessary NPCs.

You unzip a file into a folder. Look at me, I'm a computer fuckin' scientist!

Mine always show up. Maybe work on that charisma.

Short enough, considering the sheer amount of shit this game has to load.

Sure you can, you can have multiple saves...unlike TS2.

Maybe work on the charisma some more. Work out more. Eat healthier.

It's a life simulator, not a life simulator but only when it's fun and convenient.

I've never had to. They just charge you extra.

https://i.imgur.com/Wj90BLJ.gif

daisylee
6th Oct 2017, 9:09 PM
So many answers and it will be interesting to see if the original poster ever gets back to this or not?

GrijzePilion
6th Oct 2017, 9:14 PM
(S)he probably won't. Like with so many other things, the only way to learn to love TS3 is to get there yourself. All we can do is provide information that may potentially excite OP about TS3. When I see someone talking about TS3 on reddit, I usually can't help but write them a short essay about it and a bunch of times, it's resulted in them getting hooked on the game again.

daisylee
6th Oct 2017, 10:02 PM
For me, I just had to get soooooooooooooooooo bored with 4 to go back to 3. Was just working on a house on a sloped lot. I love building in 3 and the less cartoonish look of the game. I loved 3 the day it came out and still do. And getting to see all in 4 seasons makes it all even better. And having a gap in playing it makes it like playing new again in some ways. I have forgotten a lot and am having fun rediscovering how much it has. I even want to redo all the tombs, and, and, and.....

tangie0906
7th Oct 2017, 1:00 AM
I've mentioned this before but as long as we're reminiscing, I played TS1 then TS2 and loved them both. Only PC game I really ever got in to. But I got TS3 right away, maybe a week or two after it came out. Man did it have issues! Lots of stuff was borked out of the gate, so as soon as AwesomeMod was ready to go, I used it and it made the game better! Also used Indy Stone and Super Computer (precursers to NRASS MC and SP) but over time switched over entirely to NRASS mods because there is so much customization possible.

Also, I was no stranger to mods because I'VE NEVER PLAYED A SIMS GAME I DIDN'T MOD. Not yelling, just emphasizing! I hated the vampires and witches and other creatures that made my simming experience in TS2 miserable every time they went shopping! So luckily Pescado had lots and lots of useful mods for TS2 that I used to get rid of annoyances in that game. I used mods for TS1 too, but don't really remember what kind now. But I've never looked back once I switched to TS3, in spite of the disaster it was on launch. There was always something about it - open world probably had a lot to do with it, with the sims in town going about their business simulating their own lives, like Igazor said. Just the other day I was playing and something happened; could not even tell you what it was, but I remember thinking, "God I love this game!". This, after how many years? Pretty incredible, actually.

But yeah, also heavily modded. No zombies in my game at all, along with a lot of other things that annoy me like aliens kidnapping my sims against my will (I AM THEIR GOD, TO YOU HEAR ME EA?!?). Oh I know I'm an unusual case since I don't like the supernatural stuff (and never have in any of the games!), but the point is that nearly everything can be customized in TS3 and that alone makes it superior to all the other games for me. TS2 has come a long way in that regard with all the CC that's out there now but personally I can't be bothered to re-learn how to use it all now.

But if someone is not into the creative aspects of building or town management or open world, and just want to play dramatic sims who they have complete control over (especially TS2) and are clownish in behavior (especially TS4), then one of those games is no doubt the better choice for those preferences IMO.

nitromon
7th Oct 2017, 1:16 AM
If more of his complaint were correct, I might sympathize, but majority were simply false.The guy is like trying to replace his dead dog with a new dog. It never works out. It is an emotional issue, not a technical one. Nobody likes their new dog. It will take a while.

joandsarah77
7th Oct 2017, 2:03 AM
@Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu Please put your pictures behind a spoiler. I hailed you before, but apparently I didn't copy paste all of your name-so my bad sorry.

Simsdestroyer
7th Oct 2017, 2:58 AM
As someone who played The Sims on console. PC gaming was something new to me, so when I saw the The Sims 3 I remember having fun with the first Sims game on console and thought what the heck!! The description on the back of the box looked interesting. Mind you, this is before I knew the Sims could actually grow up, or I knew about open world, and genetics etc. So I bought it.. And I was floored. Omigod my baby just turned into a toddler.. That was a thing? Then it turned into a child and so forth. I was hooked. What made me get into actually modding it was, I saw someone's sim game and characters on Deviant Art. I was like WHOAH!!!! how did you make your sims look so realistic and better looking? They gave me two links, one to the Inseminator and the other Mod the sims. I asked questions, followed directions, and have been a Sims 3 player and custom content hoarder ever since. The creativity in this game is way above all other Sims game in my humble opinion, and it's beautiful. Plus this community is amazing!! The creativity that comes out of this community is awe inspiring. So although the glitches, Error 12, and corrupted Save files have driven me insane a few times, it's still my favorite hobby and pastime.

mithrak_nl
8th Oct 2017, 1:41 AM
To be fair, several of these points in the lists are things most of us probably never experience/notice anymore because we always use mods or are used to it. The loading time is long for most TS3 players I suspect. Especially compared to most other games (and TS2/TS4). I also hate the plant zombies (even just for them being plant zombies). Then there are things in vanilla TS3 that are annoying to the point of being almost useless (dates, parties, opening times for clubs etc).

It is telling that @nitromon lists his TS3 loading times as if they are somehow ok :) 2.5 - 5 minutes is a lot of time to load a game. Even Minecraft with 150+ mods doesn't take me 5 minutes to load (and this game is known for long loading times when modded).

But on the other hand, the OP also seems to expect TS2 with an open world and CASt and the rest staying the exactly same. He/she maybe needs some time to adjust to the differences.

nitromon
8th Oct 2017, 2:27 AM
It is telling that nitromon lists his TS3 loading times as if they are somehow ok :) 2.5 - 5 minutes is a lot of time to load a game. Even Minecraft with 150+ mods doesn't take me 5 minutes to load (and this game is known for long loading times when modded).

You have to be fair in the loading time vs the size of the program. If it takes 5 min to load up Tetris Classic, I'd be pretty pissed. But we're talking about an open world simulator that is more sophisticated than ANY game or program that has come out in the past decade. 2.5 min or even 5 mins is nothing. Now, if you say the same hours you've played on TS3 compared to TS2 and TS4, but you list the loading times in between each load screen of TS2 and TS4, it will be well over 5 mins. The longer you play... the longer their load times. TS3 only loads once.

Also, most of the things he listed are completely nonsensical. They're not just "we don't notice" them, but they're completely fabricated. I mean, seriously, you have to buy ingredients to make food? That's a load of crap right there. Or complaining about limited number of lots? This person has no credence. That's a fact.

I just ran TS3 last night for 4 hrs without saving and it froze during an ultra-speed moment, leading me to shut it down and lose all the progress I made in that 4 hrs. THAT is something legit to complain about. :cry:

igazor
8th Oct 2017, 2:34 AM
You mean the 1989 version? I had no problems waiting five minutes for Tetris Classic to startup. The story progression mods really added to the save file bloat back then. At least we didn't have routing issues with that game because, well, that would just be silly. :cool:

Ghost sdoj
8th Oct 2017, 4:42 AM
But in Sims 2, you buy "groceries" which adds food points to your fridge. Then you use up food points when you cook. (Unless you have Seasons, and can stock the fridge with fresh fruits and veggies from the garden or fresh fish to supplement your food points.)

In Sims 3, you can go to the store, buy food for the fridge, and still end up having to fridge shop because you have the wrong ingredients. It annoyed me at first, too.

(Then I found a no fridge shopping mod and realized that this plus a box next to the fridge for ingredients to food I only want them making single servings of is actually quite handy. )

Don Babilon
8th Oct 2017, 10:17 AM
(...)
It is telling that @nitromon lists his TS3 loading times as if they are somehow ok :) 2.5 - 5 minutes is a lot of time to load a game. Even Minecraft with 150+ mods doesn't take me 5 minutes to load (and this game is known for long loading times when modded).
(...)My TS1 game took much longer to load, and both computers back then were above the recommended specs. I could do the dishes and make a sandwich during the time it took for travelling to Magic Town. Long initial loading times are sort of something I expect to happen in The Sims, and I was actually surprised that with TS3 I couldn't finish the sandwich, let alone the dishes, anymore. :looks at current pile:
At the time I got Sims 3 I also still played the Witcher. Loading times for each location was much more annoying than the minutes I spent waiting for my Sims save to be ready.

SharksAreCool
8th Oct 2017, 10:25 AM

There were?

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 10:26 AM
There were?
Nope.⁣⁣⁣

letrax
8th Oct 2017, 10:34 AM
But in Sims 2, you buy "groceries" which adds food points to your fridge. Then you use up food points when you cook. (Unless you have Seasons, and can stock the fridge with fresh fruits and veggies from the garden or fresh fish to supplement your food points.)

In Sims 3, you can go to the store, buy food for the fridge, and still end up having to fridge shop because you have the wrong ingredients. It annoyed me at first, too.
Sure, but it does not prevent you from cooking, since the shopping from the fridge is automatic and immediate. In Sims 2, you had to order it and wait for it to arrive, which was much more of a nuisance and could even have consequences for sims that had been starving for some time. So you may not have had to "buy individual ingredients" in Sims 2, but it was much more of a hindrance.

With the automatic fridge shopping in Sims 3, I seldom bother going to the grocery store. The ingredients cost money regardless of whether you buy them from the store or from the fridge, but it saves time not having to go to the town every time you need to cook.

floopyboo
8th Oct 2017, 11:04 AM
When I got sims2 I thought that if I left my household unpaused they would continue living without me playing them. So for me, sims3's open world is super important, the single thing that means I will never buy sims4 and probably won't go back to sims2, even though I loved the game.

The fridge shopping in sims3 is super important for people like me who didn't realise in sims2 that the fridge could run out of food. I don't remember where I found the mod that allowed fridge shopping for sims2, but I do remember that it was one of the first mods I got. In fact, I think most of the mods I got for sims2 were pretty much included as features in sims 3.

Don't get me wrong, I have a LOT of complaints about sims3. But you'll pry the game from my cold, dead hands before I give it up.

Now if anyone is interested, I have the complete collection of the sims2, all eps & sps, as well as the PRIMA guide, and the base game is one of the xmas specials ones. Make me an offer ($AUD, plus postage)

SharksAreCool
8th Oct 2017, 11:25 AM
Nope.⁣⁣⁣

You lied to me OP. I'll remember this.

Wow-Princess
8th Oct 2017, 11:40 AM
When I got sims2 I thought that if I left my household unpaused they would continue living without me playing them. So for me, sims3's open world is super important, the single thing that means I will never buy sims4 and probably won't go back to sims2, even though I loved the game.

The fridge shopping in sims3 is super important for people like me who didn't realise in sims2 that the fridge could run out of food. I don't remember where I found the mod that allowed fridge shopping for sims2, but I do remember that it was one of the first mods I got. In fact, I think most of the mods I got for sims2 were pretty much included as features in sims 3.

Don't get me wrong, I have a LOT of complaints about sims3. But you'll pry the game from my cold, dead hands before I give it up.

Now if anyone is interested, I have the complete collection of the sims2, all eps & sps, as well as the PRIMA guide, and the base game is one of the xmas specials ones. Make me an offer ($AUD, plus postage)

If you have any sims 2 games guys, just go to origin/ea customer service and tell them and request the ultimate collection, and they will most likely give it to you, even tho the offer has passed. I had only the base game and I asked EA very politely if they could supply the ultimate collection and they gave the whole thing to me, for free.

Oh btw, the ultimate collection includes every expansion, stuff pack, legit everything. So that was a helpful hint to y'all
Thank me later ;)

Wow-Princess
8th Oct 2017, 12:35 PM
Despite SOME people's aggression on this thread, I am going to continue with the original purpose of this thread. To rant about ts3. Now trust me, I love sims 3 so much and in fact, it's my fav game of the whole franchise, but it had some glaring flaws.

1). The sims actually looked like potatoes
No offense, but the sims in ts3 were sorta not the best looking and it was hard for me to make sims without cc as they look like they were crushed in a blender.

2). The dreaded error code 12
After prolonged gaming, you decided to save your family, which you have played for 3 hours, who now have a kid and have leveled up to the top of their careers. I mean they can't lose those achievements, right? WRONG! The dreaded error code 12 pops up and you have no option but to quit your game without saving and losing all your hard work. How unfortunate.

3). Families moving away
Oh were you best friends with Bella Bachelor and thought you could never be separated? Well guess what? Due to story progression, sim households you haven't played can move away without your permission. This was super annoying as PRE-mades you actually liked decided to completely erase themselves from the game.

Rant over :)
I know all these problems can be fixed by mods and fixes, but this is my little rant and don't go hating on me for it.
Keep your plumbobs shining bright!
Xoxo

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 12:41 PM
Don't tempt me! Please, my poor wallet!

Wow-Princess
8th Oct 2017, 12:46 PM
What was your fav expansion from ts3?
Mine was Island Paradise :)

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 12:52 PM
I've always been partial to Into The Future. Couldn't really care less about Island Paradise.

Wow-Princess
8th Oct 2017, 12:59 PM
I hated into the future. It ruined my game (made it laggy slow and buggy) and it always crashed because of it. It is also pretty pointless as there's not much you can do and although it sounds exciting, it really isn't. My fav packs are pets, seasons, island paradise and supernatural.

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 1:05 PM
Pets added no new gameplay I was interested in, nor did Seasons, and Supernatural was pretty much a waste of space, time and money. I've had to get mods to get rid of all the unnecessary stuff these packs forced upon my game. And Into The Future shouldn't affect your performance, that's Island Paradise's job.
First off, Pets adds strays and wild animals. Lame I had a pet once, then never cared about it again.
Seasons add weather, which is only a good thing when I want there to be weather (which is never). It also adds aliens, which also suck.
Island Paradise adds the resorts, which are pretty cool, and the houseboats which are pretty cool too, but the rest of it is completely lost on me.
Supernatural adds nothing. It's a complete bunch of shit. I had a fairy once and then she died. The end. Zombies can fuck off.
The only packs I've found myself using the new gameplay from multiple times are, from most to least used: Late Night, World Adventures, Ambitions, Into The Future, and University Life.

Wow-Princess
8th Oct 2017, 1:11 PM
Seasons added so much gameplay!! Like for starters, SEASONS, and how the Central Park became like a parade or something. I always would visit it to try all the new activities and to win stuff.
Into the future doesn't add anything too exciting, and also the furniture from the pack is just plain tacky.

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 1:15 PM
Seasons added so much gameplay!! Like for starters, SEASONS, and how the Central Park became like a parade or something. I always would visit it to try all the new activities and to win stuff.
Into the future doesn't add anything too exciting, and also the furniture from the pack is just plain tacky.
You think the ultramodern furniture from ITF is tacky, but you think the seasonal lots from Seasons are okay? Sure.... :wtf:
Also, I don't know if you've ever had a Sim abducted by aliens, but that one time was enough for me to start sacrificing aliens to Cthulu in a systematic, Satanic Sim ritual. Fucking green creeps deserved it.
And who'd want there NOT to be clear skies and sun every day?

Wow-Princess
8th Oct 2017, 1:29 PM
Haha I get your point, my sim once almost died from lightning (lol :rofl: ) and the aliens were nasty little creatures, but idk I loved it lol. Some of the furniture was tacky, but others were not (seasons). I feel like into the future was a little rushed, as it could've been made better. If it had been, I would of loved it as I love the idea of time travel. I just feel it was an afterthought in ts3.

mithrak_nl
8th Oct 2017, 1:33 PM
Sure, when I compared TS3 loading times , I was comparing it with Tetris Classic :p As for loading once? Only if you dont have a lot of CC, or otherwise you will get slow loading times everytime you switch category in CAS. But, maybe you stop noticing this if you don't play other modern games.

Crusader Kings 2 (incl DLC), Europa Universalis 4 (incl DLC), GTA5 , Witcher 3 (incl DLC), recent MMORPG's including expansions, just some examples of games that load a lot faster. TS3 is not that complex anymore compared to some other modern games. It is just an unoptimized mess and I can understand why the OP got annoyed with those loading times.

TS3 is far from perfect and you can expect that new players might get (imo understandably) annoyed about how bad it runs out of the box if you install several expansions.

Sure, the OP was ranting and for a large part about things that are simply done differently compared to TS2. But I agree with the OP that TS3 loading times are ridiculous. Modded Minecraft for example can be longer, but then it's basegame is tiny compared to a decent modpack and the complete result is basically hold together with ductape and strings. TS3 is supposed to be a professional job though :/ It is also one of the few games I know where community made mods are quite needed to optimise and prevent savegame bloating. It is that bad. (Still my favourite sims, but not because of how it runs).

TS3 is a great game, but a shitty piece of software! There, I said it! It is the first step on the road of recovery :)

tizerist
8th Oct 2017, 1:38 PM
That is completely true.

Wow-Princess
8th Oct 2017, 1:39 PM
Sure, when I compared TS3 loading times , I was comparing it with Tetris Classic :p As for loading once? Only if you dont have a lot of CC, or otherwise you will get slow loading times everytime you switch category in CAS. But, maybe you stop noticing this if you don't play other modern games.

Crusader Kings 2 (incl DLC), Europa Universalis 4 (incl DLC), GTA5 , Witcher 3 (incl DLC), recent MMORPG's including expansions, just some examples of games that load a lot faster. TS3 is not that complex anymore compared to some other modern games. It is just an unoptimized mess and I can understand why the OP got annoyed with those loading times.

TS3 is far from perfect and you can expect that new players might get (imo understandably) annoyed about how bad it runs out of the box if you install several expansions.

Sure, the OP was ranting and for a large part about things that are simply done differently compared to TS2. But I agree with the OP that TS3 loading times are ridiculous. Modded Minecraft for example can be longer, but then it's basegame is tiny compared to a decent modpack and the complete result is basically hold together with ductape and strings. TS3 is supposed to be a professional job though :/ It is also one of the few games I know where community made mods are quite needed to optimise and prevent savegame bloating. It is that bad. (Still my favourite sims, but not because of how it runs).

TS3 is a great game, but a shitty piece of software! There, I said it! It is the first step on the road of recovery :)

I agree! I love it so much, but the load times are not fair for a professionally done game. I guess it's worth it tho for open world... :)

Spamaccount
8th Oct 2017, 2:57 PM
No offense, but the sims in ts3 were sorta not the best looking and it was hard for me to make sims without cc as they look like they were crushed in a blender.

After prolonged gaming, you decided to save your family, which you have played for 3 hours, who now have a kid and have leveled up to the top of their careers. I mean they can't lose those achievements, right? WRONG! The dreaded error code 12 pops up and you have no option but to quit your game without saving and losing all your hard work. How unfortunate.

3). Families moving away
Oh were you best friends with Bella Bachelor and thought you could never be separated? Well guess what? Due to story progression, sim households you haven't played can move away without your permission. This was super annoying as PRE-mades you actually liked decided to completely erase themselves from the game.

1. I hate this argument. It's all so subjective, but in my opinion they look better a lot than any other game. I don't even use CC and I have no problems making my sims look both unique and attractive, if I want them to be attractive. TS2 had the issue of certain presets meshing poorly with each other. Easy enough to avoid if you know what's happening while you're in CAS, but very annoying when it results in monstrous children. Meanwhile TS4 has clay for hair. Those sims shouldn't be winning any beauty contests.
3. Turn SP off. No mod needed. In the long run it'll hardly do anything you won't be better off doing yourself. Unless for some reason you really enjoy having an endless supply of pudding.

I agree with nitromon. You shouldn't expect anything called 'X: A hate-filled Rant' to be very popular, especially by people who happen to like X. If the OP had chosen to rant about issues that actually existed he may have had a more positive response too.
Honestly, I find the TS3 community to be the most understanding of all of them. We admit this game is a flawed, buggy disaster that hates every one us, but we love it anyway. I think TS3 players are a lot more likely to admit the many, many things wrong with their game than players of 2 or 4.

bassoon_crazy
8th Oct 2017, 3:25 PM
I actually agree that The Sims 3's sims can look like 'potatoes'. I would have never thought of it that way, but I'll stick with it. :rofl:

When I first got the game I was always bothered by how ridiculously wide their faces are. One of NRAAS's mods came with an unlocked ability to make the heads much, much thinner and I use it a lot.

sweetdevil
8th Oct 2017, 4:00 PM
This is the most accurate description of TS3 I've seen, really.

Now trust me, I love sims 3 so much and in fact, it's my fav game of the whole franchise, but it had some glaring flaws.
3). Families moving away
To be fair, since I upgraded to Windows 10 + 8GB of RAM I haven't had error 12 at all, even playing for multiple in-game days and building and CASt-ing a lot, with other programs like Photoshop and Firefox open. Some things are half game programming, half player-side. And I think the default EA skins are too lacking in detail/definition to even be considered cartoonish; they just look incomplete to me, or like the sims are covered in super thick foundation that removes any natural creases and shadows. The families moving away thing, I agree with; I'm still partially salty after the one time I was eying a sim for marriage and he packed up and moved away.

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 4:08 PM
To be fair, since I upgraded to Windows 10 + 8GB of RAM I haven't had error 12 at all, even playing for multiple in-game days and building and CASt-ing a lot, with other programs like Photoshop and Firefox open. Some things are half game programming, half player-side. And I think the default EA skins are too lacking in detail/definition to even be considered cartoonish; they just look incomplete to me, or like the sims are covered in super thick foundation that removes any natural creases and shadows. The families moving away thing, I agree with; I'm still partially salty after the one time I was eying a sim for marriage and he packed up and moved away.
Same thing for me, though I always try to be as careful as possible with running other programs. I learned my lesson not to leave everything open when playing, and to keep Task Manager open on the second screen so I can monitor the (sometimes worryingly high) memory usage.
That was essential when I had 4 gigs of RAM, and still quite important when I had 8. Now that I have 16 it's not a big concern, but I still try to keep things reasonable.

sweetdevil
8th Oct 2017, 5:41 PM
Same thing for me, though I always try to be as careful as possible with running other programs. I learned my lesson not to leave everything open when playing, and to keep Task Manager open on the second screen so I can monitor the (sometimes worryingly high) memory usage.
That was essential when I had 4 gigs of RAM, and still quite important when I had 8. Now that I have 16 it's not a big concern, but I still try to keep things reasonable.
It's good management, really: while I haven't been monitoring the game past testing some pieces of CC with Process Monitor, I have noticed it using about 2-300MB more than before. And it's still running smoothly because I haven't gone overboard with CC. It would be fantastic if TS3 only read and actively referenced CC that was actually used in the active world instead of every package in the folder.

And I only open Photoshop when I need to edit something on the spot, because that too can take up enough memory for the game to start lagging.

SusannaG
8th Oct 2017, 6:46 PM
And CK 2 even *plays* fast again, now. (The game slowed down immensely when they added India, and has only become what I'd call playable again in the last year, when they made some major speed tweaks. Yes, it's a 2012 game still under active development.)

I don't mind my Sims 3 load time, because it's much shorter than my Sims 2 load times (the latter could be 20-30 minutes; I'm a CC addict). It's all relative.

Don Babilon
8th Oct 2017, 7:47 PM
Into The Future single-handedly ruined my longest running and most entertaining save I had in Isla Paradiso. 70 weeks gone in an instant :cry:
Shortly after, Into The Future ruined my game in Lucky Palms. I still got script errors from a Plumbot that isn't even in the game anymore and then I made the mistake of learning bot building without travelling to the future; got an opportunity to travel there, cancelled it but the Time Traveler spawned regardless and then the save went haywire. Annihilated the Time Traveler and continued to have issues and script errors, now related to the missing Time Traveler in addition to the still absent robot.

While IP added the dreaded boat routing which can play havoc with several worlds it doesn't add a lot of background processes. ITF, on the other hand, does. A lot. And it broke the opportunities system and changed general routing quite substantially.

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 7:48 PM
I've never seen or heard of any of this, honestly.

Don Babilon
8th Oct 2017, 7:56 PM
ITF constantly monitors your families' progress, just in case you travel there in order to calculate the status of your descendants. It's a continuous process. And once you get the Almanac you'll notice directly.

GrijzePilion
8th Oct 2017, 7:58 PM
I usually let the ITF intro event thingy with Doc Brown do it's thing when I start a new household, but I've never noticed any differences afterwards.

nitromon
9th Oct 2017, 2:08 AM
ITF constantly monitors your families' progress, just in case you travel there in order to calculate the status of your descendants. It's a continuous process. And once you get the Almanac you'll notice directly.

You sure about that? Though I've never actually paid much attention to it, but just from reading up on NRAAS mods concerning traveling and descendants, it seems only to generate descendants etc... when you have actually arrived at Oasis Landing. The only thing you do in the present which affects the future is altering the timeline to produce dystopia, utopia, or just regular future. But that is done through opportunities, which requires you to activate the time portal, talk to the time traveler, and accept the quest.

I have the time portal placed on a public lot somewhere as a monument and it is permanently deactivated until I want to go to the future. So far I don't have any issue with ITF. In fact, I always built myself 1 plumbot in the present time to live among the sims, so there is some element of ITF in my game. Otherwise, without traveling to Oasis Landing, it is almost as though I do not have that expansion.

The only thing that bothers me about ITF is when you bring sims from the future back into the present. The "future sims" trait is like a virus and it spreads to anyone who is hybrid in some way. This then makes the game generate tons of backpacks, holo things, hoverboards, etc.. into those sims' inventory. Some sims have 4 hoverboards, etc... and I just don't want those things in my present timeline. That's why now in my new game, my "time nexus rule" no one from the future travels back to the present.

jje1000
9th Oct 2017, 6:09 AM
You think the ultramodern furniture from ITF is tacky, but you think the seasonal lots from Seasons are okay? Sure.... :wtf:
The Seasonal lots were clunky (no great UI to deal with it) but amazing for the ability to create completely different lots at different times of the year.It doesn't even need to be specifically Seasons-related- it can just be different states (i.e. space ship delivery, different vendors/merchants, annual fairs).

TS3 is not that complex anymore compared to some other modern games. It is just an unoptimized mess and I can understand why the OP got annoyed with those loading times.

Yup, TS3 is clunky and poorly integrated (still haven't forgiven them for the awful implementation of celebrities/bands/showtime and general lack of polish compared to TS2), but in terms of user tools like CAW, CaSt and the open world- there's literally no other game that comes close in how open it is for people to create their own ways of gameplay (medieval, space, island survival, legacy, etc.) and customization.

Of course, there are many ways of managing these issues, like NRaas (remember to hide recolors of the same clothing in CAS!), avoiding unecessary expansions like ITF & Showtime, and avoiding excessive CC- but the more content you have, the more lag.

Elynda
9th Oct 2017, 1:59 PM
The first time I experienced inordinately long loading times was after I installed Pets, and that was before I had any mods or cc. Appaloosa Plains took so long to load that I almost gave up on it, thinking it would never load. And I would then have to use Task Manager to shut the game down. It was only when I got called away, mid load, to attend to some real life business, that I came back a couple of hours later to see that it had finally loaded. So I can't say how long it actually did take! I don't play that world very much, although I am using a far better computer now.

As for Nraas: I don't think I would still be playing Sims 3 without Master Controller, Overwatch, Retuner or Debug Enabler.

daisylee
9th Oct 2017, 10:04 PM
... I came back a couple of hours later to see that it had finally loaded...

Yikes! You must have some bad CC? I have played Sims since release and on my old Pentium 4 the worst load time ever was 20 minutes in 2 when I had 40000 CC items. In 3 my load time is just a few minutes.

GrijzePilion
9th Oct 2017, 10:30 PM
I once had a world that took nearly 15 minutes to load, a long time ago. Needless to say, that world couldn't hold my interest for very long before I binned it (and my entire game install as well).
Nowadays, my Bridgeport takes 5-ish minutes to load on a bad day. My slightly lighter Bridgeport 1988 takes closer to two minutes.

gskdoleo
10th Oct 2017, 2:37 AM
My laptop:
Intel Celeron CPU 847 1.10Ghz
4GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics
Windows 7 64-bit

Mods folder: 525 files
No sims3packs.
Nraas MC, Register, Retuner, Overwatch, Traveler, ErrorTrap.
18 minutes to load (load screen + world). Funny thing: In 3 years using this crappy computer, I had error 12 only twice.

daisylee
10th Oct 2017, 3:13 AM
I had error 12 for about a month now and then on my laptop years ago. Usually if I went back in and made some tiny change on a lot such as moving a tree or bush a tad over it then would save. I have not had it on my newer PC thank goodness.

Elynda
10th Oct 2017, 3:59 AM
That's been my experience with error 12 too. In fact zooming out into map view and then going into buy mode for a few seconds seems to do the trick. It works about 99% of the time. On one occasion when that didn't work, and I was anxious not to lose all the progress I'd made, I played on till after 3.00 am, when Overwatch did its nightly clean up, and then tried saving again - it worked.

Ghost sdoj
10th Oct 2017, 4:03 AM
Just for the record, you -can- tell Overwatch to do a cleanup early.

tangie0906
10th Oct 2017, 8:14 PM
Laughing at these load time complaints. I had lots of mods, and my laptop may have been sub-par (no idea since it wasn't until TS3 that I learned what a good PC looked like!), but it took my original Sims 1 game 45 minutes to load. I don't think TS2 was quite that bad but my game didn't load immediately, either. :lol:

My current PC has a 500GB SSD which I loaded the game and all my saves on. It's made a big difference. Loads in a few minutes. But I've never really minded the wait so much since for me the game has always been worth it. Yes it's not optimized and buggy but it's also packed with lots of content and CC so it's definitely a trade-off.

I have a relatively high-end desktop PC that I bought last December but actually got an error 12 the other day when playing. This was in Lucky Palms where I'm playing 8 sims attending college there on a large custom made dorm (I plopped this Uni lot (http://modthesims.info/d/500854) down), and went through lots of stuff with those 8 sims but forgot to save my game for nearly 2 sims days, so got the error 12. But I also started using CC Magic and have a huge crap ton of CC installed now. Totally player created error because if I'd give up some of that CC it would probably make a difference. ;)

As for the original list of complaints, here are my two cents:
1.) Random zombies showing up to run EVERY &$*%(#* PLANT! >Like I said, I mod out the zombies but you can also set the moon to a static phase (they only spawn on a full moon)
2.) How hard it is to install cc. >Yeah, not so much.
3.) Every random date cancelling. > Not enough info to respond. What kind of dates? The lousy ones where NPCs call? Or the ones where you call sims busy doing other things?
4.) How long it takes to load. > Answered that one above
5.) You can't play multiple neighborhoods or houses without switching them and losing whatever. > Use mods or turn off Story Progression. Not going to work like TS2 but it does work.
6.) How many actions your sims perform that make them a turn off. > There are no turn-ons turn-offs in TS3 so no idea what you're referring to unless you mean their animations turn you off? Kinky.
7.) How much more needy they are (they get hot in certain clothes, etc.) > Getting hot is just a moodlet. Cancel it with ctrl-del keys or change their clothes!
8.) How you have to buy individual ingredients. > You can just click on frig and select food to make & game will auto buy the ingredients? I use a mod to make them buy ingredients so it's more challenging.
9.) How there were a limited number of lots. > All the games had a limited # of lots. But they did add a way to place your own lots; it's true that it's harder to do on hilly terrain but that also makes the worlds look
more interesting and realistic. Some worlds are easier than others when it comes to adding additional lots.

lil bag2
11th Oct 2017, 3:24 AM
Damn. This thread really takes me back. I remember when TS3 first came out and almost all those complaints were still valid XD

EDIT: Wait a minute...

*looks at the date of the first post*

......QUE!? :wtf:

GrijzePilion
11th Oct 2017, 9:42 AM
That's what TS2 will do to ya. One day it's 2017, the other it's 2009.

budwinys
11th Oct 2017, 10:35 AM
I'm trying to get into TS3 after getting bored with TS4 and missing little things that aren't in TS2. Honestly, most if not all issues you have with the game can be fixed with mods. I use Nraas Master Controller alongside other little mods that fix whatever, and it's a lot better. The only issue I have, and have always had, is how strange the sims look to me. There's just something "off" to me. Oh, and the genes. But once I'm past that, TS3 really is the most customizable of the series.

Even if you can't get the game how you want it with mods, just go back to TS2. There's no point in posting about it in TS3 forum where most people, you know, like The Sims 3- other than to get a rile out of people. :lol:

floopyboo
11th Oct 2017, 1:58 PM
Pets added no new gameplay I was interested in, nor did Seasons, and Supernatural was pretty much a waste of space, time and money. I've had to get mods to get rid of all the unnecessary stuff these packs forced upon my game. And Into The Future shouldn't affect your performance, that's Island Paradise's job.
First off, Pets adds strays and wild animals. Lame I had a pet once, then never cared about it again.

The thing I hate about Pets is the sheer amount of lag it generates. I need the NRAAS mods to combat pet generation, the insanely huge pet pools, strays, wildlife (especially the creepy deer!) but the buy mode stuff I love so I can't bear to uninstall it.

barbarat
11th Oct 2017, 3:51 PM
The thing I hate about Pets is the sheer amount of lag it generates. I need the NRAAS mods to combat pet generation, the insanely huge pet pools, strays, wildlife (especially the creepy deer!) but the buy mode stuff I love so I can't bear to uninstall it.

Hi there floopyboo - The Service Pools normally do not really impact performance but other circumstances involving town population/animals could cause lag depending upon system capabilities. Register has a setting to stop wildlife being generated. For more tips scroll down to How Do I Reduce The Size Of Service Pools In The Town Management Document (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Population+-+Town+Management)

GrijzePilion
11th Oct 2017, 4:05 PM
I can't uninstall any pack for that reason - I just love the stuff too much. Even Supernatural, which is a pack that I otherwise find completely useless and a waste of system resources.

lil bag2
11th Oct 2017, 11:03 PM
That....that's my favorite pack....We can't be friends anymore, Grijze!

GrijzePilion
11th Oct 2017, 11:15 PM
That....that's my favorite pack....We can't be friends anymore, Grijze!
Then I guess we cannot. I would do a 48-hour PG-13 livestream of The Sims 4 long before I'd admit Supernatural to be anything but the unnecessary pile of childish and tediously presumptious crap that I consider it to be. Then again, I thought Showtime was quite alright so clearly I'm not the best judge of these sorts of things.

floopyboo
12th Oct 2017, 12:06 AM
Hi there floopyboo - The Service Pools normally do not really impact performance but other circumstances involving town population/animals could cause lag depending upon system capabilities. Register has a setting to stop wildlife being generated. For more tips scroll down to How Do I Reduce The Size Of Service Pools In The Town Management Document (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Population+-+Town+Management)

As I said in the bit I quoted, I already use NRAAS to do that. But I think that your reply will help other people too, who aren't as familiar with how to fiddle with NRAAS.

igazor
12th Oct 2017, 2:44 AM
I would do a 48-hour PG-13 livestream of The Sims 4...
And I think I would actually buy a ticket to see that. :jest:

barbarat
12th Oct 2017, 2:57 AM
As I said in the bit I quoted, I already use NRAAS to do that. But I think that your reply will help other people too, who aren't as familiar with how to fiddle with NRAAS.

Oh, sorry @floopyboo. I did see where you needed NRaas mods but was not sure which one's you were using or perhaps there might have been more help to you in the link I provided :)

floopyboo
12th Oct 2017, 5:29 AM
Oh, sorry @floopyboo. I did see where you needed NRaas mods but was not sure which one's you were using or perhaps there might have been more help to you in the link I provided :)

I'm unclear in my typing sometimes but I pretty much have the entire NRAAS suite because it knocks so many problems on the head. Your links are useful though, I'm sure somebody came along, saw my post and thought 'hey, that's me' and then saw your post and went 'and now I know how to fix it!' :)

lil bag2
12th Oct 2017, 5:09 PM
Then I guess we cannot. I would do a 48-hour PG-13 livestream of The Sims 4 long before I'd admit Supernatural to be anything but the unnecessary pile of childish and tediously presumptious crap that I consider it to be.

I'm...actually okay with that. That would be the best live stream ever! I'll let Supernatural (#bestpack) take one for the team if we get you live streaming TS4 for 48 hours. Hell, as an added bonus, I'll let you talk shit about Island Paradise if the stream is a collab with Pirate_Wolf XD

Then again, I thought Showtime was quite alright so clearly I'm not the best judge of these sorts of things.

....Clearly :|

Emmett Brown
12th Oct 2017, 5:25 PM
But... half the time I like to play Supernatural - I try and give it a Hogwarts Wizarding World feel.

The other half of the time, I just want logic, bots and a science station. (Generations, ITF, and Uni)

(sigh) Wish there was a game starter for a Steam install. I wish I knew how the did that - messing with the registry? Renaming directories?

Still hoping for a $5 Sims Steam Fall Sale.

GrijzePilion
12th Oct 2017, 5:40 PM
I'm...actually okay with that. That would be the best live stream ever! I'll let Supernatural (#bestpack) take one for the team if we get you live streaming TS4 for 48 hours. Hell, as an added bonus, I'll let you talk shit about Island Paradise if the stream is a collab with Pirate_Wolf XD
I quite like the idea of me doing a 20-minute video about why I hate Supernatural so much, or a 6-part series about things I hate about TS4.

lil bag2
12th Oct 2017, 7:49 PM
I'll take that six part series.

GrijzePilion
12th Oct 2017, 8:29 PM
I think I'll get to it right after the '80s themed, semi-scripted, edited, Let's play series that I'll be doing soon. So it may take a while, because what I still need to get that done is a few things:
- the will to shoot several hours of gameplay footage + commentary
- the will to edit several hours of gameplay footage + commentary
- the will to do it monthly
- editing skillz
- an 80s-tastic intro sequence
- a sense of humour
So after that I'll do the same thing for TS4, with the one big difference being that I won't enjoy it as much.

Babahara
15th Oct 2017, 5:08 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but I just wanted to say that I really, really hated TS3 at first. I used to love TS2, and TS3 did too many things wrong, it didn't even allow me to play my style (rotating families). Years later, I decided to give it another run out of boredom and then somehow discovered the existence of global mods that fixed all that which I hated. Those were Awesomemod and Nraas master controller. Suddenly I could play TS3 the way I wanted to, and after that happened, I realized that I liked the game. I just didn't like the default game.

I also used to hate default pudding faces, but then I discovered custom sliders and now I can make sims whose looks I like. :-)

Basically the community saved TS3 for me! I'd still hate it with a passion if the community didn't fix all the annoying stuff and didn't create custom sliders.

If the OP is willing to see how all this stuff she hates can be fixed (and she already bought the game anyway, so it's worth a try), I suggest giving global mods a whirl. Just one, though, and I'm not sure in which state Awesomemod is now, so I suggest Nraas. Just google 'sims 3 nraas master controller', unless you were already told in this thread how to get it (I noticed that its creator was posting here).

igazor
15th Oct 2017, 7:13 AM
Just one, though, and I'm not sure in which state Awesomemod is now, so I suggest Nraas. Just google 'sims 3 nraas master controller', unless you were already told in this thread how to get it (I noticed that its creator was posting here).
AwesomeMod is fine, but I wouldn't vouch for any level of personalized feelgood quality player support over there, nor will you get a lavender scented customer satisfaction survey to fill out with free gifts for those who participate.

Slight correction, if I may. The creator of NRaas was Twallan. He did used to post here at MTS, but he retired coming up on four years ago now. We kept the support site and knowledge base going, and the mods have a different developer in charge of them now with others contributing as they have been able to over time.

Don Babilon
15th Oct 2017, 9:33 AM
Not much to say here other than that I have for a while now suspected that igazor is in fact twallan in disguise.

Have you ever noticed that, no matter in what section, whenever the NRaas mods are mentioned on this site you can expect an igazor post within the next minutes? It's rather uncanny.

igazor
15th Oct 2017, 10:30 AM
Right, the fact that I couldn't program my way out of a paper bag in C# or .NET together with my distinct lack of a Canadian accent and tendency to use American spellings for everything have just been clever fronts all of this time. Sometimes I amaze even myself, I have statues in my own honor (a la Cloudwalker Sims) in my games, etc.

Besides Don, I think you were around at NRaas long enough ago to see Twallan and me as a relative noob at the time if we go back far enough interact with each other. Although I suppose that could have all been a front as well.

Nah. I just have some pretty good forum timing and, apparently, too much time on my hands even while working. And I do keep very odd hours. :)

GrijzePilion
15th Oct 2017, 11:09 AM
Not much to say here other than that I have for a while now suspected that igazor is in fact twallan in disguise.
Have you ever noticed that, no matter in what section, whenever the NRaas mods are mentioned on this site you can expect an igazor post within the next minutes? It's rather uncanny.
I've had suspicions of the sort. And everytime I see a help thread I'd like to answer, he's already beat me to it.

Don Babilon
15th Oct 2017, 11:50 AM
Right, the fact that I couldn't program my way out of a paper bag in C# or .NET together with my distinct lack of a Canadian accent and tendency to use American spellings for everything have just been clever fronts all of this time. Sometimes I amaze even myself, I have statues in my own honor (a la Cloudwalker Sims) in my games, etc.

Besides Don, I think you were around at NRaas long enough ago to see Twallan and me as a relative noob at the time if we go back far enough interact with each other. Although I suppose that could have all been a front as well.

Nah. I just have some pretty good forum timing and, apparently, too much time on my hands even while working. And I do keep very odd hours. :)That's the thing about conspiracies. Once you're caught in their webs no amount of C# or .NET can help you wriggle your way out of them anymore.

One, how do you know that twallan has a Canadian accent? I've been following the NRaas mods since MATY times and I didn't know about any accents, let alone notice any.

Second, I think I can change my spelling from largely British to American rather quickly, too, if I made an effort.

Three, the only NRaas person who regularly posted at MTS was twallan. Once he disappeared the postings by igazor and brappl increased. I really would like to see the logs to determine whether there was ever any instance of igazor being logged in at the same time twallan was.

Maybe twallan never existed as one person, but was the front persona for a group :heyhey: I am still baffled at how seemingly without effort the transition from twallan to Chain (plus igazor, icarus_allsorts, brappl etc.) happened. :jest:

ETA: Four, twallan had this idiosyncratic habit of ending his posts with a :)

GrijzePilion
15th Oct 2017, 12:42 PM
That's the thing about conspiracies. Once you're caught in their webs no amount of C# or .NET can help you wriggle your way out of them anymore.

One, how do you know that twallan has a Canadian accent? I've been following the NRaas mods since MATY times and I didn't know about any accents, let alone notice any.
Second, I think I can change my spelling from largely British to American rather quickly, too, if I made an effort.
Three, the only NRaas person who regularly posted at MTS was twallan. Once he disappeared the postings by igazor and brappl increased. I really would like to see the logs to determine whether there was ever any instance of igazor being logged in at the same time twallan was.
Maybe twallan never existed as one person, but was the front persona for a group :heyhey: I am still baffled at how seemingly without effort the transition from twallan to Chain (plus igazor, icarus_allsorts, brappl etc.) happened. :jest:
ETA: Four, twallan had this idiosyncratic habit of ending his posts with a :)
It's settled, then. If igazor knows things he couldn't have known unless he was actually Twallan, and if the both of them have never been seen in a room together, the evidence is paramount.

igazor
15th Oct 2017, 12:44 PM
(mumbles something about those meddling kids and their annoying dog trying to unravel non-existent mysteries when they should just mind their own business...)

Without having a meeting about it or anything, brappl, steveset (aka J4Ks), and I increased our MTS presence here precisely because Twallan had departed from the scene. If someone was going to answer questions about the mods, we would have preferred that they be done without misinformation being spread and with more redirection back to the NRaas site when needed. As for that month after his retirement when Patches 1.66 and 1.67 came out in rapid succession, it may not have looked like it to the general public but it was pretty chaotic behind the scenes. Chain still isn't quite sure how they (he and JunJayMdM really) got through all of that as brilliantly and efficiently as they did, although the world as we know it would not have ended if they took another couple of months to sort everything out. SimAd, Twallan's only other "staff" member, managed the site and the team he assembled beautifully back then, the rest of us didn't really come on board fully as Organizers until many months later.

I was just assuming (jokingly) that Twallan had an accent, but there was never any question that he is Canadian.

I'm very flattered by the conspiracy theory, but if anyone had put me in charge of the mods themselves it wouldn't have taken very long before I managed to permanently break all of your games beyond repair and probably blow up half of your computers while at it. You will never uncover my true identity nor even be able to determine what my screen name means, not that either would really be all that interesting. And tell that dog of yours to stop tugging at what he thinks is my mask, it's not actually removable. :) (<-- can't help ending lots of posts this way, especially when I am smiling behind the computer while typing them)

GrijzePilion
15th Oct 2017, 12:47 PM
(<-- can't help ending lots of posts this way, especially when I am smiling behind the computer while typing them)
This too, is very suspicious. I don't find the idea of smiling whilst typing up a comment to be very convincing, but that may just be me. I'm pretty much perpetually angry when I'm not taking the piss and making rude jokes.
Your opinion, Don?

igazor
15th Oct 2017, 1:13 PM
The only thing you have proven thus far is that igazor and GrijzePilion are not the same person. But that's kind of like proving that water is wet or that we will have weather today, it doesn't really take much effort. :report:

Don Babilon
15th Oct 2017, 1:22 PM
(mumbles something about those meddling kids and their annoying dog trying to unravel non-existent mysteries when they should just mind their own business...)

(...)I bet that's a clue, too :lol:, depending on whether you mean Scooby-Doo (US) or The Famous Five (UK, and as such probably well known in Canada, too).

But anyway, apart from the creepiness factor of NRaas staff being omnipresent like the Spanish Inquisition, you are all doing an amazing job :up:

ElaineNualla
15th Oct 2017, 7:28 PM
you know @igazor - the more you say/write the more suspect and guilty you looks :rofl: that's why PR always fails.

though it's not that bad to be the "Twallan honoris causa" even if the humble one start to scream he does not deserve or something.

"Time passed, the history become a legend, the legend become a myth...."

LucyBorgia
16th Oct 2017, 12:10 AM
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

LucieSims
19th Nov 2017, 10:27 PM
Believe me sims 3 is my everyday game for years and I still love it but there is as every sims game pros and cons.

Maybe what I hate the most is there is no veterinary caring. I mean pets are ill. Currently plenty of my cats who hasn't the reward about health are allergic because we're Spring and I can't do nothing for curing them... Hullo EA you can make our pets ill that's okay but no vet health care at the hospital?
Same frustrating feeling when you see them contagious, they have to stay in quarantine at house. No alchemy elixir to cure them, no pills to buy at the hospital. No just buy the reward !
Nobody who comes to the opportinities for pets gathering. No possibilities to have multiple leashes for two, three dogs, no jogging with them.

I also miss terribly there is no more gameboard choices as mah-jong and the "Lama qui dort", no pokers card game as in TS2. The driving electric car, boats , no juice to create except drinks at bar and nectars. No possibility to have more favourite food as for instance lasagna when the store content came out. No jazz music option but two rap music?

And toddlers the catastrophy ! They are not fun at all. They want fetch the toilet water, can't interact with pets. Not enough toys for them. I love everything else as the sand boxes, pushchairs, the fact they can travel with parents in community lots but this ther lack of interactions is very a problem to me. They are litteraly BORING!

This game is stunning but it lacks of details. Fortunately modders are marvellous in this community and I wish they continue to make the game better , brings gameplays because without mods ts3 can't be played.

Sorry my English isn't correct.

Scklsy
19th Nov 2017, 10:33 PM
You're about 8 years too late my friend.... the TS3 hate wagon has already passed through! lol

Natrocity
20th Nov 2017, 11:42 AM
But it's still cool to hate on ts4, right guys? :-O ....right?

GrijzePilion
20th Nov 2017, 12:07 PM
Always.

ribbonista
20th Nov 2017, 12:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SOZ0CQt.jpg

LucieSims
29th Nov 2017, 12:27 AM
I never say I hate sims 3 but there are stuffs that brings me very angry because it's absolutely a wonderful game, really the open world is what I love the most and make me addicted to my Sunset Valley and all the activities (that aren't enough to me as the lack of interactions as well) the but EA and the gurus as casual didn't go too far and I am not the only one who are a fan of sims 3 plays it everyday and share frustrations. I complain as a cry of the heart and in the official forum I even stated that sims 4 was an error to create it because nobody needs it. :rofl: and we need new developpement for sims 2 and sims 3.

As the toddlers, they are also overlooked so why? Toddlers doesn't fetch the toilet, in sims 2 and sims 4 they do it , they barely interact with pets etc. They are boring though still cute.

I even don't know why I got 3 disagree they are very exaggerated and for a time I preach for realism and more stuffs people blame on me.... :help:
We can still discuss of what we like and what we hate because that's human as long as we accept each others and give modders ideas why not !
Especially NRASS still creating omg !!