PDA

View Full Version : STEAM Sale!

Emmett Brown
27th Oct 2017, 5:15 PM
Finally! Steam Sale! All Sims 3 EPs/SPs are 75% off. Some are bundled like last time (pets was bundled with the base game for $7.49).
"$5 Me love you long time"

Time to top off my collection!

SusannaG
27th Oct 2017, 6:16 PM
Yep. I picked up Pets (which mysteriously was not on solo discount last time - this time everything is).

Scklsy
29th Oct 2017, 7:58 PM
Steam has sales on all the sims EPs occasionally. Thanks to past sales, I've been able to get all EPs for less than $10, usually $7 or $5. It's pretty awesome! I also adore Steam because you get unlimited downloads of the game, unlike Origin.

gdwitch
29th Oct 2017, 8:02 PM
Steam has sales on all the sims EPs occasionally. Thanks to past sales, I've been able to get all EPs for less than $10, usually $7 or $5. It's pretty awesome! I also adore Steam because you get unlimited downloads of the game, unlike Origin.

Can you buy from Steam if the rest of your expansions have all been bought through Origin?

TheSweetToddler
29th Oct 2017, 8:06 PM
Can you buy from Steam if the rest of your expansions have all been bought through Origin?

I think you can only buy and install SPs and EPs on Steam if you have the game bought on Steam too.

igazor
29th Oct 2017, 8:27 PM
Origin also allows unlimited downloads, if what was meant was installs on various computers that the player owns. It's just that only one instance of the game can be running on an internet-connected computer at a time. It's disc installs that had some sort of 5-install limit on them. Whether Origin is stable enough for anyone to want to run TS3 on various computers that way might be a different question, but it is what it is.

Yes, the base game purchase on Steam is required to purchase the EP/SPs that way.

If you have an Origin install and plan to keep it that way, you can purchase the base game (again) on Steam and then the EP/SPs that you want. They throw in an Origin code for each one at no extra charge, so you can then add the EP/SP to your Origin setup if you want. But you cannot mix Origin and Steam actual installs on the same computer and you cannot go in the other direction -- Origin codes won't work on a Steam install.