Yaar! Eyepatch for All Ages!
Anyway, the way this works is, first of all, you need to download the mesh for "Different Colored Eyes" by GeneralZoi, which can be found at the following link(http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101991).
Once you download my zip, you'll of course get the eyepatch itself and the corresponding recolor of GeneralZoi's mesh, which will appear in the glasses section. In-game, take the Sim you want to steal an eye from, then go into the Glasses section and apply the recolor of GeneralZoi's mesh. Then, go to the Full Face Makeup section, and put on the Eyepatch facemakeup. Then, voila, your Sim is minus an eye!
This is my first piece of face-makeup work, and I'm very pleased with how it came out! Everything but GeneralZoi's mesh is 100% by me, including the texture on the eyepatch(which I think looks really good in-game, by the way. =D)
The eyepatch does have a few flaws, but really just the same ones GeneralZoi's Different Colored Eyes has. Sometimes at certain exaggerated expressions you can see the edge of the eye beneath the eyepiece, but I don't think it's enough of a flaw to be concerned about. Everything else seems to work perfectly; since the eyepatch is makeup, the straps don't go all the way around the Sim's head(and you can see the sim's eyelashes), BUT this isn't noticeable unless you have a bald/near bald Sim. =3 I know this isn't the best, but since I can't mesh, I couldn't make a new mesh for a non-makeup eyepatch. =P
If you like this enough to use it, feel free to upload it on your Sims, BUT please link back here so people can see where you got it from. =D
Also, please remember to thank, rate, and give me general feedback. You guys are my inspiration!
Thanks, Happy Simming! <3
EDIT:: It seems some other creaters have made eyepatches much better than mine, GeneralZoi(the creator of the eye-cover itself) included. Please go and check out theirs as well as mine if you want a good variety of great eyepatches, and I apologise sincerely to anyone I have offended! I was not aware such items had been made. Thank you, sorry!
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|Black Eyepatch.zip||76.9 KB||13,022||19th Jul 2006|
This download requires one or more meshes to work properly. Please check the Description tab for information about the meshes needed, then download them below:
|Different Colored Eyes - Cyborg by generalzoi|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Here is a list of some other recolours of the same meshes:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by sunken-woglinde.
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
21 Comments / replies (Who?)