Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 30th Jul 2007 at 09:28 PM - Updated 2nd Aug 2007 at 07:46 PM by jhd1189 : updated pictures - Viewed 37422 times. Direct link to this thread
27 Comments / replies (Who?) , 52 times favourited , 395 times thanked
Tags: #Harry Potter, #Sirius Black, #magic, #haunted, #dilapidated, #Georgian, #rowhouse, #Grimmauld
Information (Click for more details):
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is one of my favorite locations from the Harry Potter world, but I couldn't find a Sim version of it that satisfied me... so I made my own. :D
Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place is a narrow Georgian rowhouse built in a section of London that has seen better days. The house is invisible to muggles, and the neighbors living nearby simply find it amusing that the addresses skip from 11 to 13.
Although this house has served generations of Black family members (many of whom were pure-blood fanatics, Slytherin students, or even Death Eaters), its newest owner, Sirius Black, converted the house into a headquarters for the elusive Order of the Phoenix.
Unfortunately, the house is in an even greater state of disrepair than the outside might suggest. Every nook and cranny is draped in a heavy film of cobwebs, the bathroom walls are smeared over with years of muck, and bits of wallpaper are starting to peel away in one of the bedrooms. The floorboards are faded and creaky, the attic is a terrifying mess of antiques and dark artifacts, and the rooms are decorated with all sorts of grotesque things. Gargoyles, suits of armor, musty curtains, and more await anyone brave enough to move in here.
Oh, and for your Sims' sakes, they'd better not be descended from muggles... or they might get an earful from the portrait of Walburga Black in the parlour. She doesn't take kindly to mudbloods and the like.
Lot Size: 2x3
Lot Price: 227,452
Custom Content Included:
- Corner Cobwebs by Targa
- Floor Cobwebs by Targa
- Georgian Entry Door by phoenix_phaerie
- Georgian Palladian Window by phoenix_phaerie
- 1 Tile Window with Surround by macarossi
- window Mediterranean 2 tile V2 by macarossi
- Cauldron, medieval stove, flour sacks, decorative broom, stack of books by Taroo
- by Taroo
- Table recolor, chair recolor, counter recolor, and mortar and pestle by Lethe_s
- Antique Table Phone and black recolor by HystericalParoxysm by HystericalParoxysm
- 3 Tile Poster by Qortex
- Knight On The Tiles by gromit
- 3 Tile Poster Recolor by sgoobysnacks29
- "La Gargouille" Ornamental Sculpture by gromit
-Manor Wall, Manor Wall with inlaid pattern, and matching Manor Carpet by komosims www.komosims.com by komosims
- Roof Spire by JohnBrehaut1 of MTS2
Ok, so... you're going to have to download a few things outside of the site... I know, I know, I'm sorry.
Custom Content NOT Included-
The antique bedroom, antique living room, antique bathroom, and misc. antiques, all from 4eversimfantasy.
The Tapestry Mesh and Tapestry Mesh 2x1 from caravansims, available here.
(The tapestries are under Bric-a-brac >> Medieval >> Decorations, and they're the two tapestries on either side of the narrow tapestry in the middle.)
I'd also like to give a special thanks to Lethe_s, for giving me permission to include her medieval kitchen recolors, and to JohnBrehaut1 for making that awesome roof spire that I used on this lot.
My Policy Thingy-
Don't upload this lot anywhere else, but feel free to use it to your heart's content in movies and screen shots.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
Need more information?