The most recent version of the NRaas Career mod can be found here. You will need this in order for the career to work. See this tutorial for help on how to create your own custom career.
*As of 19/03/2010 comes in German (hopefully)
*As of 19/03/2010 no longer overwrites the text for the NRaas Schooling mod... big oopsie there please re-download
* As of 12/05/2010 Dutch Strings added enjoy : )
* As of 21/05/2010 Portugese strings added
* As of 21/05/2010 English grammar update. I know tht the descriptions on this page have not changed but the ones in-game have. Promise
* As of 07/06/2010 French Strings added Thanks to Kimikosoma
This is a custom career for the Sims 3, very loosely based around a Sims 2 career... I give you Show Business.
The career has 10 levels, some of which are in the Sims 2, some of which aren't.
1. Directors Chair Carrier
- Just because you're in Show Business don't expect all glitz and glamour! Your job is to carry the directors chair. Keep it safe. Be reliable. Maybe crack a joke or too. Everyone is counting on you to keep the Director comfortable, impress them and you might just get on camera.
- The Director must've noticed some of those witty jokes you were cracking because he's decided the public will love you! Okay, so it's not a big roll, but being in the backgrounds only a couple of steps away from being in the foreground.
3. Body Double
- Finally some actual screen time. Admitedly it'll probably be of the back of you head, or maybe your butt, but with a bit of luck nobody will ever know it was you. Get your abbs in shape, you'll definitely need them, plus major hotness is a crucial factor if you want to make it far in the world of Show Business.
4. Man With Line
- Congratulations! You've made it to a speaking part. Right now your options are wide open. You could be playing anything from a happy go lucky pre-school teacher to the elusive man at the end of the bar. Be sure to dazzle the audience with your witty, if infrequent, appearences and soon you might even get a name!
5. Comercial Actor
- Sell, Sell, Sell! Your time on TV is now devoted to getting rid of them products. Clear out the stocks with your quick tounge and impress the public with your dazzling smile to wangle yourself a place in one of the shows.
6. Cheesy Kids Show Presenter
- Kids today are pretty lazy but they're providing you with a great job. You are now regarded as the lowest of the low within the acting community, something of a joke, but don't worry everyones been there. Getting as many actors as you can on your side might be a good idea. Meanwhile you must keep the little ones entertained, creativity is essential. Let's just hope you can stick out the hours of boring cartoons!
7. Soap Star
-Your really hitting the big time now! Regular appearences on TV, an actual character to play and maybe even a few fans. You're job is pretty straight forward: read the script and follow the directions, but lets see if you can't give your character the spark he needs. From here on out it's all about popularity. Win over your Co-Stars and soon the public will be under your thrall aswell...
8. Broadway Star
-Off of the Screen and onto the stage. Your in Broadway Baby! Singing, dancing and roll-playing are top of your to-do list. Dig deep and bring out the star in yourself to inspire your fans. It's only with their backing that you'll get onto the big screen!
9. Movie Lead
- You've hit the big screen! Your time to shine has finally come. You're fan base is growing and people are expecting big things from you. Block-buster releases, movie premiers and news interviews await you now your becoming more well known. Your abbs of steel will keep the ladies on your side but be sure to keep working at your sharp tongue for your man fans.
10. Hollywood Legend
- Every sims, everywhere recognises your face. You have a series of best-selling movies under your belt. You are the idol of many, in a place only few have made it to. Successions of new movies await you, and with you in their cast they're sure to do well. Directors fight over you and your the face of a zillion products. It's safe to say you've got what you came for. You're finally Famous!
Located at the Theatre, the career revolves around the Charisma and Athletic skills, with a little bit of Painting thrown in there ( I would've like to use the creativity skill from the Sims 2 but as it is split into many parts on Sims 3...) Later on there's a requirement for you to be friends with your Co-Stars and the very first level depends on you relationship with you boss (since it's his chair your carrying). At work your sims can do all the normal things, hang out with co-stars, meet co-stars, work hard, take it easy, business as usual, hang out with their boss and sleep (if they're real tired). If they have the Charisma skill over level 1 they can also Flirt With The Hot Extras to improve their Charisma Skill.
The daily wages, and later on pensions, are around the average of that you'll get in any other job in town, getting a little higher than usual towards the end.
It should, be available in all neighbourhoods including custom ones, but hasn't yet been tested in all of them. Niether have all the levels been tested out, I got to level 7, Soap Star, with everything working fine, but then with my sim having like, 6 kids and trying to buy a new house and not having much time to practice their skills, I decide level 7 was far enough to test. Any way if there are any problems it'll just be with the text so just contact me by dropping a comment if there is.
* The career only comes in English, at the moment but if anybody is willing to provide translations I'll happily put them into the package
* The career has no image, there fore nothing will show up in the little blue box when your sim is at work, or when the join career box shows up (hoping to fix this soon, when I figure it out I'll re-upload)
* For this to work you will NEED
to have the NRaas Career Mod
installed or else it wont show up. It's a great mod and I'd strongly recomend it anyway, plus Twallan will definitely sort out any scripting problems aused by future patches faster than I ever could :D
* Built and Tested Using World Adventures but definitely Base Game Compatible and probably HELS Compatible
The Powers That Be at the Simmers Club Exchange, namedly Twallan for his awesome Tutorial For Custom Careers
and ElliotDX for all of his help, without which I would never have been able to make this.
Also IAmRosa for inspiring me to do this. Thanks for all your help guys
As with all other mods this goes in: Computer>ProgramFiles>ElectronicArts>TheSims3>Mods>Packages
Or if you have World Adventures:
Or if you have HELS:
Remember to Install the NRaas Careers Mod before hand.
Hope You Enjoy :D
Twallan at The Simmers Club Exchange
IAmRosa for inspiring me
ElliotDX for all his help XD
Whoever Created S3PE
because they are awesome...