Ye Olde Cooper's Barrels & Sacks
Ye Old Cooper wast a master craftsman who sayeth always, "If ye can't make with a barrel, it ain't worth the making". He has long past, yet nowe his son John thrives in the industrie. With his goodwife Mary, who now maketh sacking, and their son Jimmy, yon Coopers keepeth a goodly house and lande, and maketh many worthy things of cunning purpose and comely designe.
1) To provide a useful set of Sims 2 basegame barrels based on the Seasons planter barrel mesh and texture. The master object is the Trash Barrel which contains the barrel, contents and shadow textures required by the rest of the set.
2) To provide a stackable horizontal sack based on the Basegame "Sack Baby" mesh and texture. This sack is the master object for the "comfy" bucket seat and bar barrel cushion textures.
Contents: A Set of 13 Objects with two Variants
Trash Barrel - sdTrashBarrelMaster.package - found in Misc/Misc, ยง76
- trash disposal that never needs emptying
Trash Bucket - sdTtrashBucketNoCheat_Basegame.package - Misc/Misc, ยง55
- trash disposal that visibily fills and needs emptying
- in Seasons, provides a source for composting
Storage Bucket - sdStorageBucket_Basegame.package - Sufaces/Misc, ยง56
- low stackable decorative container with adjustable fill height and slots
Storage Barrel - sdStorageBarrel_Basegame.package - Surfaces/Misc, ยง86
- stackable decorative container with adjustable fill height and slots
Simple Bucket - sdSimpleBucket_Basegame.package - Surfaces/Misc, ยง46
- stackable basic container with slots, which Sims will not use
alternate - sdSimpleBucketAutonomous_Basegame.package - Sims will place objects in slots
Simple Barrel - sdSimpleBarrel_Basegame.package - Surfaces/End Table, ยง66
- reduced height stackable table with slots, to place under dining and chess tables
End Table Barrel - sdEndtableBarrel_Basegame.package - Surfaces/End Table, ยง76
- stackable table with slots, will hold bills and meals
Table Bucket - sdTableBucket_Basegame.package - Surfaces/Coffee Table, ยง46
- low stackable table with slots, will hold bills and meals
Bucket Seat - sdChairBucket_Basegame.package - Comfort/Dining Chair, ยง66
- cheap, uncomfortable dining, desk, and gaming chair
More Comfy Bucket Seat - sdComfyChairBucket_Basegame.package
- Comfort/Dining Chair, ยง166
- medium comfort dining, desk and gaming chair
Bar Barrel - sdBarBarrel_Basegame.package - Comfort/Misc, ยง86
- cheap, uncomfortable bar stool
More Comfy Bar Barrel - sdComfyBarBarrel_Basegame.package - Comfort/Misc, ยง186
- medium comfort bar stool
Horizontal Stacking Sack - sdHorizontalSackMaster_Basegame.package
- Surfaces/Coffee Table, ยง76
- very low stackable table with slots, will hold bills and meals
The set also contains 19 barrel surface recolours, a total of 52 barrel contents recolours, and 10 sack recolours. Several objects also contain a user removable shadow to make them appear more realistic in a stack.
In addition, built-in invisible recolours are present in each master object, which makes the whole set (except for seating and trash disposal) usable as convenient multi-slot and height adjustable OMSPs.
Please refer to the Install Instructions tab for complete directions.
You may include these objects in any uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. Please include a credit and link to this page. It would be nice if you sent me a PM with a link to your uploaded creation, but this is not required.
Trash Barrel: 578 faces, 496 vertices
Trash Bucket: 554 faces, 531 vertices
Storage Bucket: 554 faces, 531 vertices
Storage Barrel: 758 faces, 619 vertices
Simple Bucket: 254 faces, 326 vertices
Simple Barrel: 242 faces, 278 vertices
End Table Barrel: 242 faces, 278 vertices
Table Bucket: 254 faces, 326 vertices
Bucket Seat: 254 faces, 326 vertices
More Comfy Bucket Seat: 1378 faces, 1121 vertices
Bar Barrel: 242 faces, 278 vertices
More Comfy Bar Barrel: 1366 faces, 1073 vertices
Horizontal Stacking Sack: 1126 faces, 799 vertices
StephSim for her object requests and general inspiration, for creating one of the contents textures (its a secret which one!), for the idea to put a sack on the chair barrels to increase comfort, and for very creative use of this set in her medieval Shadows of Gwrych neighbourhood
SimPE, PJSE, and CEP for Sims 2 object creation
Milkshape 3D and Ultimate Unwrap3D Pro, for 3D modeling
Corel Web Photo Paint for colouring and texturing
Gadwin PrintScreen for enhanced screen captures
IrfranView, Microsoft Paint, Microsoft Photo Editor and GIMP 2 for graphics file conversion, processing and sizing
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, for development and testing
Wikimedia Commons freely usable media files for some of the barrel contents source textures
The Guild Masters Dark Project, for the costumes used in the demo pictures. StephSim's Shadows of Gwrych Parson's and Reeve's lots are the enviroment for the screen shots: please see her thread for the creator credits.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|sdBarrelsSack_Basegame.zip | Description: 12 Basegame Barrel & Sack Objects with Recolours, including Master Mesh||1.47 MB||19,255||17th Apr 2010|
|sdBarrelsDefault_Basegame.zip | Description: A Simple Bucket, with Master Mesh||48.9 KB||12,817||17th Apr 2010|
|sdBarrelsAlternate_Basegame.zip | Description: May use instead of sdBarrelsDefault, with Master Mesh||49.0 KB||10,777||17th Apr 2010|
|sdCollectionPrePets_Barrels.zip | Description: Optional Collection File for Basegame and any EPs prior to Pets||4.0 KB||9,455||17th Apr 2010|
|sdCollectionPetsAndLater_Barrels.zip | Description: Optional Collection File for Pets and Later EPs||2.0 KB||13,251||17th Apr 2010|
|sdBarrel_Contents_ExtraRecolours.zip | Description: Eleven additional Contents recolours||110.1 KB||12,298||8th Aug 2010|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Installation of Object Files
All the files from sdBarrelsSack_Basegame.zip and sdBarrel_Contents_ExtraRecolours.zip may be installed in a Downloads folder, as usual.
Also install the files from either sdBarrelsSack_Basegame.zip or sdBarrelsAlternate_Basegame.zip according to your preferences (they could also be mixed or matched, for example the "Simple Bucket" default file could be used with the "Trash Bucket for Cheaters" alternate file). Each of these archives contains an extra copy of the master mesh file (sdTrashBarrelMaster.package).
4. Installation of Collection Files
The installation of the collection files is completely optional, but if you want to use a collection icon to access these objects then do one of the following:
- If you have the basegame by itself, or any combination of expansion packs prior to Pets then install the contents of sdCollectionPrePets_Barrels.zip in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections.
- If you have Pets, or any of the succeeding expansion packs then install the contents of sdCollectionPetsAndLater_Barrels.zip in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections.
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
There are 1 recolours of this mesh on MTS:
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by Sophie-David.
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
62 Comments / replies (Who?)
109,318 ViewsAlso recommended:
The invisible dishwasher featured with this set can be downloaded here: Tiny Filesize Invisible Appliances for Lot Builders
StephSim made extensive use of this set in her 45 lot Shadows of Gwrych project and several other Gwrych uploads
StephSim has uploaded an interim release of Ye Ole Cooper's Waterbucket Starter Set that were previously only available by downloading her Gwrych lots. The Starter Set contains some new recolours, and the objects themselves have been updated.
The Trash Barrel is available as a default replacement here
Barrels for Brigands features cheaters versions of the Trash Barrel and Trash Bucket
Michelle 111 updated her two wonderful sets of barrel recolours on Feb. 20, 2012. They are both available at the Plumb Bob Keep: Pooklet Naturals and Rustic/Medieval. The Rustic/Medieval set is also available at MTS.
New Upload: May 31, 2014
Ye Olde Cooper's Muck for the Masses
Inspired by all the filthy uploads for PBK's Unwashed Masses theme, this upload contains 12 barrel contents recolours.