The 1.69.43 (the second patch of patch 1.69 released around 1/12/16) Basics and Full versions are now available.
This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
The 1.38 version of the skintone panel mod is compatible with 1.38 to 1.69.43 and does not need to be updated.
The first and second 1.69 and all other previous versions are still available from the XCAS obsolete versions site: http://www.timelinefiction.net/S3XCAS/
Have you thought that the game tattoo locations are a bit... limited? Do you have custom sliders or want to increase slider range? Would you like some of your sims to wear a ring or earring when naked? Or do you have custom accessories that you'd like your sim to wear in the shower without having to give them the 'Never Naked' trait? XCAS can do that, plus a few more things.
** This is a CORE mod. It is not compatible with AwesomeMod or any other CORE mod except (probably) Consort's Weight and Fitness Integration. It IS compatible with the NRaas mods. **
Core vs non-core versions:
Twallan liked this idea so much that he's made it into an extension of NRaas Master Controller, a VERY useful non-core mod that adds new menus and functions for sims and objects in the game. This extension adds the new tattoo locations to the MasterController Basic/Tattoo function. This means those who prefer to use AwesomeMod or Extended Game Core as a core mod can do so and have the added tattoo locations too!
Here's the link for MasterController and the tattoo extension addon: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
So a huge thanks goes to Twallan for doing this - not to mention taking the pressure off me to try making this non-core!
And before you ask, cmar_XCAS_corefullxx.package and the Master Controller tattoo extension are NOT compatible. Use only one. XCAS and Master Controller without the tattoo extension ARE compatible.
Now back to our regularly scheduled mod description:
What it is:
XCAS is a CORE mod designed to be limited to CAS functions. While it does less than more extensive core mods, it's also less likely to have side effects. It is not compatible with any other core mod that replaces UI.dll, like AwesomeMod or Extended Game Core. However, there are some packages included that can be used without the core mod component.
What it does:
Core mod packages-- download and use only ONE of these, cmar_XCASfull1.xx.zip OR cmar_XCASbasics1.xx.zip.
-- Increases the number of facial sliders the game can use from 20 to 75
-- Optionally, increases the facial slider range by 2 times, 3 times, or 4 times
-- Enables the facial hair/beard panel for females (New with patch version 1.39)
-- Enables the body hair panel for females and teens
-- Enables the tattoo panel for teens
-- Optionally, you can edit the naked outfit in the dresser "Plan Outfit" game function and in CAS* (See the Known Issues section)
XCAS full version:
-- All of the above plus:
-- Adds many more tattoo locations
'Extras' packages that can be used with or without the core mod--
-- Optionally, expands the skin tone picker panel
-- Optionally, increases the body slider range by 2 times. (Fat/thin, fit, and breast size)
-- A package that enables a few base game accessories for the naked outfit
-- A package that lets you tattoo naked (With the sim naked, not you. :D) ** This package will also make sims naked in the body hair panel.
Added tattoo locations:
- Full body
- Full face
- Upper breast
- Ribs/side of chest
- Lower belly
- Back of hand
- Back of shoulder
- Lower low back (tramp stamp)
- Butt cheek
- Thigh - front
- Thigh - back
- Calf - front
- Calf - back
- Outer ankle
- Pubic (1.22 version and up, optional)
- Nipple (1.22 version and up, optional)
This mod now comes in two flavors: the original, full version and Basic. I realize there are many people who want the slider hacks and the ability to edit the naked outfit but aren't very interested in more tattoo locations, and XCAS Basics is for them. The Full version still has all the extra tattoos.
Please read the Readme files included in each zip
file - they will tell you which packages to install to tailor the mod to your taste. Don't just throw every package in the zip
into your game - some of them are different versions of the same feature, giving you choices about how you want the mod to work. Note that you can use the 'Extras' packages without the core mod.
Otherwise, install like any other packages. The core package either has to go in the Documents mods location or you need to have d3dx9_31.dll properly installed.
You MUST use a version of the core package that's made for the patch version of your base game. If you don't know the patch version of your game, start the Sims 3 Game Launcher and hover your mouse over the little icons at the bottom left of the Launcher screen. Your base game version is the first three digits of the number you see when hovering over the first icon in the row - for example 1.33. When a new patch comes out, please be patient and I will update the mod.
Delete your cache packages from 'Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3' when installing.
Remove the XCAS packages and/or the extras. If you remove the core component and leave the locations package, the sims should keep their non-game located tattoos until you edit them.
Again, delete cache files after uninstalling.
Known Issues and Compatibility:
The core component is not compatible with any other core mod, like AwesomeMod, Extended Game Core, or aWT's slider mods. It does appear to be compatible with Consort's Weight and Fitness Integration mod.
With Supernatural there seems to be a glitch in which ALL male body hair gets set to werewolf hair if you have cmar_XCAS_BodyHairforTeens_basegame.package installed. I have no clue why this should happen since those are simple default replacements, but I recommend using this teen body hair mod instead which does not cause this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486582 As of 1.39 patch version I've withdrawn my EA teen body hair package since it seems to have some kind of glitch.
When you edit the Naked outfit in CAS, please be aware that leaving the Clothing section while in the naked outfit and then returning can cause other changes (skin, hair, face, etc.) to be lost as soon as you change clothing categories. Note that as of 1.42 the trick of going into tattoos or body hair before returning to clothing no longer works.
The package that expands the skin tone picker and the range of the body sliders is not compatible with any other mod that affects the CAS basics screen - the screen defining the age, gender, skin tone, and fat/thin/fit/breast sliders.
If your game crashes on startup, most likely you have your mods/packages folder in the old Program Files location. I strongly encourage you to look up the help on this site for package installation and switch to the new Documents location. It'll make everything easier.
If you get an error message on startup saying "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3", you may have the wrong version of XCAS for your game patch version. Or you may have another mod that doesn't match your game patch version.
If the mod is installed correctly but doesn't work or has strange effects, you may have another core mod installed and there's a conflict, or you're running it with the wrong patch version. Also make sure you don't have both XCASfull and XCASbasics installed - they will conflict with each other.
To check for conflicts, I highly recommend Delphy's Dashboard: http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006
** If you need to report a problem - please, please, PLEASE tell me more than 'It doesn't work'. Post exactly what's happening, what functions are working and not working, any error messages, where and how you have your custom content set up, and what other game mods you have - not clothes or hair or sliders or decorations, but what mods you have that change the way the game plays. It may also be helpful if you post your operating system and what expansion/stuff packs you have and whether you've checked for conflicts with Delphy's Dashboard. **
How long will it take to update for a patch????
Well, that depends. Ideally a new version will be out the next day, but if EA has added significant new features or changes to CAS tattoo or clothing and/or the Plan Outfit and Stylist options it will take longer as I have to update and test my code. Also I'm not always aware that a new patch has come out (despite doing a lot of modding, I don't play the game every day) so it's not a bad idea to post in the thread to tell me. However, if there are five posts above yours telling me, it's really not necessary to add another one.
*********** Previous Versions of XCAS: ************
All previous versions of XCAS and Extras have been moved to a new location: XCAS Obsolete Versions page
The labels are translated into German, Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Finnish, and Danish. If you'd like to give me more translations for the tattoo locations above and for Naked or Nude, please post them and I'll add them to the package when I update.
Additional Credits: S3PE
by Peter Jones - an incredibly versatile and helpful tool
Postal by Echo - still my choice for exploring game packages
BailaBaila99 for "Core Modding! (For complete and total nincompoops, like me!)" without which I'd still be wondering how the heck to do this
Elmar2000 for converting the Ambitions tattoos for teens
Everyone in the CAS Parts forum for feedback, suggestions, and being guinea pigs
Elmar2000, Anubis360, Silverfox, Maaay, Impatient Cow, PuffyAmi, and Mother Sim for translations.
- 6/21/2011: Update for patch 1.22. Two new locations added for tattooed naughty parts, which must be enabled with tuning. (See Readme.) The Tattoo Locations package must be replaced for the new locations.
- 6/11/2011: Body hair screens enabled for teens and women.
- 7/27-28/2011: Update for patch 1.24. Split into 'Basics' and 'Full' versions. Options for slider range x3 added.
- 10/19/2011: Update for patch 1.26. Skintone Panel and Body Slider mods updated for compatibility.
- 12/16/2011: Update for patch 1.29. Edit Naked outfit in CAS added. Note that Edit Naked in CAS may cause failure to save changes if you leave the sim in the naked outfit while changing basics or appearance.
- 3/4/2012: Update for patch 1.31. Number of sliders limit raised from 60 to 75.
- 3/11/2012: Update for patch 1.32.
- 3/18/2012: Overhaul of mod description, removal of obsolete versions to another location, extras split out for user convenience.
- 3/18/2012: Update for patch 1.33.
- 5/27/2012: cmar_XCAS_TattoosForTeens_Showtime.zip uploaded, enabling Showtime tattoos for teens.
- 5/29/2012: cmar_XCAS_TattoosForTeens_LateNight.zip uploaded, enabling LateNight tattoos for teens.
- 6/7/2012: Update for patch 1.34. Packages enabling Showtime and LateNight tattoos for teens have been rolled into the XCAS coremod downloads and removed from here, but can still be downloaded separately from the previous versions website linked below.
- 7/10/2012: Update for patch 1.36. Naming of the core package changed from cmar_XCAS_core.package for both versions to cmar_XCAS_coreBasicsxx.package and cmar_XCAS_coreFullxx.package where xx is the patch number.
- 9/1/2012: Update for patch 1.38. The skintone panel mods are also updated and should be replaced.
- 9/28/2012: Update for patch 1.39. Facial hair/beard panel enabled for females. Package enabling Supernatural tattoos for teens added.
- 10/31-11/1/2012: Update for patch 1.42. Maximum number of sliders is now tunable.
- 1/12/2013: Update for patch 1.47.
- 2/20/2013: Update for patch 1.50.
- 6/20/2013: Update for patch 1.55.
- 9/5/2013: Update for patch 1.57, added packages enabling University Life and Island Paradise tattoos for teens.
- 10/18/2013: Update for patch 1.63, added packages enabling University Life and Island Paradise tattoos for teens.
- 1/16/2014: Update for patch 1.66, added package enabling Into the Future tattoos for teens.
- 1/25/2014: Update for patch 1.67.
- 11/17/2015: Update for patch 1.69.
Added cmar_EABodyHairforTeens - enables EA adult body hairs for teens and in Martial Arts, Career, SkinnyDipping, Outerwear, and Maternity clothing categories.
** 11/17/2015 : cmar_XCASbasics1.69.zip and cmar_XCASfull1.69.zip - compatible with patch 1.69 which came out November 2015 **
- XCAS full version has all the features described above. XCASbasics has everything except the added tattoo locations. Use only one!
- If you already have a recent version (1.22 or later), all you need to replace is the core package (either Basics or Full) for the core mod.
- Don't forget to remove the old version of the core when updating.
- The 1.38 skintone panel packages do NOT need to be updated for 1.69. (SkinTonePanel expands the skintone pick panel only. SkinTonePanel_BodySliders also expands the range of the fat/thin, muscle, and breast size sliders.)
- Clear caches when installing or uninstalling!
- Be aware that leaving the Clothing section while in the naked outfit and then returning can cause other changes (skin, hair, face, etc.) to be lost. You can use naked clothing if you need to adjust sliders with the sim nude. Snaitf's True Nudists or my Nouveau Nudists, both available on SexySims2.com, are a good choice.
- In the Stylist screen the Outerwear button falls too low and partially on the Naked outfit button. Both are still usable. I haven't yet found a cause or solution for this.
Changes with 1.69:
Changes with 1.69.42:
Changes with 1.69.43:
Please note that I only updated the versioning for 1.69, 1.69.42, and 1.69.43 since there are (supposedly) no changes to the game code. If users report problems I'll go through the process of a complete new version.