Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Posted 2nd Jun 2011 at 07:07 PM - Updated 24th Feb 2013 at 04:58 AM by ani_ - Viewed 70679 times. Direct link to this thread
46 Comments / replies (Who?) , 59 times favourited , 470 times thanked
24.02.2013: No changes needed for 1.50
No changes needed for 1.42
File Name: ani_OpenCinema_138.zip
- Updated for 1.38
File Name: ani_OpenCinema_SHT.zip
- Updated for SHT
File Name: ani_OpenCinema_PETS.zip
- Updated for pets
Rabbit holes are fine, as long as they are work related, but some of them (Movie, Spa, Dining), shouldn't be closed up. So I made this mod in a moment of frustration when I noticed that even if you were in an outing, you still couldn't watch a movie with your group.
What does this mod do
- This mod gives your Sim a "Watched a great movie" moodlet, lasting 16h, if you watch TV in a community lot where you have a rabbit-hole Theatre.
- Watching a movie costs 40§, this amount will be decreased from the family funds of the person who is watching
- If the rabbit hole is owned by another Sim, the 40§ will be added to their family funds
- A movie lasts 2h, so when the moodlet's remaining time is 14h or less, the Sim will be charged another 40§ ticket, and the moodlet gets resetted to 16h.
- If you perform a song with any instrument, and you are in the rock star career, and you job requires you to give concerts, after you finish your performance, your concert count will be increased by 1.
How the mod works:
- To set up the mod, you need a community lot, where you have a Theatre rabbit hole. The rabbit hole can be the original building or a rug or a door.
- Then add a TV to the lot and you are done.
Modding the modIf you want to change the price of the ticket, open the package with S3PE, and modify the <movieFee value="40" /> tag in the XML file.
I've had this mod in my game for a very long time, but was too lazy to finalize it. And when I did finalize it a month or so back, I decided to wait until Generations was out so I could update it straight away.
The movie watching functionality I've used for quite extensively in my main hood. The Rock-star functionality I've only tested in my test hood, because nobody in my main hood works in that career.
- To my knowledge, there are none. But if you find anything, please report.
- This might conflict with mods that listen to the watched TV and performed song events.
- This mod should work with just the basegame, because I don't use any EP spesific codes. My own game is up to Generations.
- As with any mods, use it at your own risk, and your hood before installing.
Base game: 1.22.9
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
Built with Game Version: 1.22.9
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
See: Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki for a full guide!
Users who thanked this download also thanked: