Owl - New Pet/Cage Mesh
This project took me two long, hard days to finish. But I am proud of it.
This is my first Sims 2 object, an owl pet. It is a tribute to Harry Potter.
I made this pet by using and slightly altering Rebecah's animated owl mesh and MissWendy's bird cage mesh. I am so grateful to both of you for making such wonderful meshes to work with. Thank you both so much!
The owl is Rebecah's animated owl mesh with no 'horns', and with wings that flap and fly. The owl animates well, except there is a small gap in the right wing when it takes off for flight.
The cage is MissWendy's bird cage mesh without the bird and greatly resized. It has no door or feeder. I looked at pictures of Hedwig's cage and did not see a feeder so I left it this way. Don't worry though, your owl can still eat!
As for the door, I may add it later.
Also, there is no 'dirty' cage recolor, so make sure you check your owl's cage often to see if it is dirty. I may add this later as well.
So far there is only one recolor, and it is based on a Snowy Owl, or Hedwig from Harry Potter. If anyone has suggestions for recolors, you may post them, but no promises as I am not the best at texturing. I basically recolored Rebecah's owl's texture to make this recolor.
Oh, and yes, the sim pictured is Snape!
Owl: 3616 faces, 1981 vertices
Cage: 1572 faces, 1825 vertices
Rebecah (original owl texture and mesh) - Original Mesh
MissWendy (bird cage mesh) - Original Mesh
Rebecah for the owl mesh and original texture
MissWendy for the bird cage mesh
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|TS2PetOwl.zip||293.2 KB||6,472||12th Sep 2014|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .sims2pack file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Install: Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location(s).
- You may want to use the Sims2Pack Clean Installer Official Site. instead of the game's installer, which will let you install sims and pets which may otherwise give errors about needing expansion packs. It also lets you choose what included content to install. Do NOT use to get around this error with lots and houses as that can cause your game to crash when attempting to use that lot. Get here:
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
54 Comments / replies (Who?)
92,641 ViewsAlso recommended:
Rebecah's Animated Owl
MissWendy's Bird Cage