This is a featured upload!
It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Do you have what it takes to solve the mystery of Chateau du Graaz?
--- UPDATE ---
- In later versions of Sims one of the chests is not possible to open, stopping people from continuing the tomb.
- Includes slightly more clues
- Story slightly updated
- Minor puzzle-changes later in the tomb
--- General talk ---
Hi folks! Finally I have managed to complete my first tomb project. It would be, as far as I'm concerned, one of the more ambitious tombs in the community. Not because it's super big, but it contains puzzles that require actual thinking in contrast to the tombs we see in the game.
It starts off pretty easy, hopefully, and evolves into some more intriguing puzzles, which you sometimes need to engage with the environment to solve.
When it comes to designing puzzles/riddles, I have been doing that quite a lot for various occasions. However, the most challenging is to find an adequate difficulty level for the "audience", so to speak. So whether you find it too hard or too simple, I hope you will appreciate the concept. And please, leave a comment in the commentary section to let me know what you think. That will help a lot.
I will gladly help out if you get stuck (don't just give up!), and if it gets popular I can post a thread so that people can discuss solutions, so I don't get too much PM:s. This submission is really a shot in the dark, since I don't know if it will be liked or hated. But I sure hope for that all the hours spent to create this will be worth it!
--- Gameplay notes! ---
- The progression isn't always linear, meaning that you sometimes need to return to rooms where you have already been.
- For the story, and sometimes important notes, there are text plates distributed all over the area. Read those for hints and some intensifying atmosphere.
- Pay attention to your visa level. This mission may require 3 days or more to finish.
- Make sure you have no extra keystones in your inventory when you begin this adventure.
--- Story ---
This chateau belonged to Basile Graaz, an archiologist and professor in Egyptian mythology. The mansion has been deserted for about 20 years now, after all members of the family mysteriously disappeared. No one has dared to enter this cursed mansion ever since. Rumours doesn't only speak of deaths and evil curses, but of a great secret that has yet to be found.
--- Secrecy ---
Please don't have a look at the map if you don't want to get spoiled. Of course I know everyone will do that anyway. I won't blame you... You little gnomes!
--- Non-tomb version ---
You can now find a non-tomb version here