This is the Sunset Valley.world file with the Resources imported from this download thread Resources for SunsetValley.world Routing Fix
. Since no one has yet to complain of blown up Sunset Valley after a week, I thought it is safe to offer up the .world.
For the Full Instructions
on how to get the download in-game, read Game Help:World Routing Lagswiki
. A summary is below.
One of the spots in Sunset Valley that had broken routing in the indicated spot.
As explained in the linked wiki,
Notes & Changelog
- the yellow spots denote areas where the Sim non-routable and Camera non-routable painting have been repainted over blank spots. This includes at the world edges, too, although it may not be denoted on the image (SunsetValleyMapDottedver2.jpg in Screenshots below)
- the red spots denote areas where the intersections have been corrected so that the Intersection and Road pieces now all connect.
- There is a visual way to tell if your Saves are picking up this new world data.
- Look at the spot denoted by Red dot - at a road intersection. If you can see the intersections are white (instead of yellow) from Map View, the fix is applied correctly.
- Jan 17, 2013 update
- Lots nudged to align flushed with roads so the terrain won't bleed through underneath gaps.
- For this fix to show up, you need to start a NEW game. If you plop the world in and use a pre-existing Save, the fix would manifest as gaps in your lots.
As and when I get reports of any issues, or new spots, or patch
changes (if any).
- Jan 17, 2013 update:
- Since patch 1.42/Seasons EP, all the routing fixes won't show up in pre-existing Saves. They only show up for NEW games, so use Twallan's Porter to transfer your favorite Households into a NEW game, if you desire.
- Fixes for terrain bleeds from the spots identified by chris_damon, vashi, expectnomercy23 & myskaal on the Comments (of both SunsetValley fixes threads). If there are more, let me know.
- Here's a list of what Lots I moved, based on images supplied by chris_damon.
- Ursine (OceanSidenbhd4)
- Kennedy (Parkview_nbhd_01)
- GothGhosts (Overlook)
- Langerak's & Bunch neighbor (SuburbanMeadows)
- Business (downtown_nbhd0)
- Diner (downtown_nbhd0)
- Science (downtown_nbhd0)
- Stadium (OceanSidenbhd4)
- A whole bunch of resources were touched for this terrain bleed fix. Resources modified:
- 0x033B2B66 0x00000001 (?)
- 0xAE39399F 0x00000001 (World geometry)
- OBJN, DETL, WDET, REFS in <layername>.layer for the layers containing the Lots identified
- bunch of stuff in <layername>.lot for the Lots identified
- Aug 30, 2012 update:
- World updated with the Resource fixes that were redone back in April.
- Oct 18, 2011 update:
- Compatible with patch 1.26.89. Would most likely be compatible with any patches in the future as well.
- If you had renamed the modified worlds to *.fixed before patching (or installing new add-on), you can simply renamed the pair of them back to *.orig and .world respectively, as the Wiki instructions state
- Compatible with all patch levels up to the current 1.24 (as of Jul 26, 2011).
- Would conflict with any other download that make changes to the .world file that changed these resources. Resources modified:
- 0x05CD4BB3 UNKN World Routing
- 0x05DA8AF6 UNKN World boundries
- 0x9063660E UNKN World Roads & Walkways
- 0x00B2D882 0x00000001 _IMG DDS Image
- 0x01661233 0x00000002 MODL scene Object Model (aka Object Geometry)
Heed that backup
instructions, really! You've been warned!
- Go to the path above
- Delete the *.world file. Or if you want to reuse it after patching, rename it with a ".fixed" extension, so the filename becomes "Sunset Valley.world.fixed"
- Rename the "*.orig" copy by removing the .orig extension (or from whatever you have renamed it to).
- Delete caches before starting game. Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki
s3pe, CAW forum and #create.
chris_damon, vashi, expectnomercy23, myskaal for their feedback on the terrain bleed issues