Toybox Recolours Matched to the Craftmeister Cheap Bed
- To provide a set of toybox recolours matched to the Craftmeister single bedframes, including the additional colours provided by my EA Cheap Bed Recolour Fix.
- To make the recolours as seamless as possible, in spite of the very eccentric texture mapping that infests the basegame toybox. Note that in applying the cheap bed's textures to the toybox I found that the knots looked very unrealistic, so this set uses "select" or clear wood only, apart from the unfinished plywood recolour.
- To supply some additonal toybox recolours that may be useful, all based on basegame textures.
- Because a toybox recolour set would be incomplete without the traditional cedar chest, to provide a red cedar toybox matched to the high end Chesterstick Dresser "lightwoodcurly" colour.
- To recolour the bottom surface where the toys are situated, which gives each recolour an authentic look.
- As usual, to ensure that the package sizes are as small as possible.
Nine matches to the Craftmeister Single Bed - Beige, Brown Oak, Dark, Honey Oak, Light, Purple, Red, White, Yellow Pine
Twelve other wood recolours - Black, Cherry, Dark Grey, Dirty Medium Oak, Light Grey, Mahogany, Medium Oak, Medium Walnut, Plywood, Red Oak, Santa Maria, White Pine
One match to the basegame Chesterstick Dresser - Red Cedar
You may include these recolours in any uploaded lots, whether for free or pay. Please include a credit and link to this page.
GIMP 2, IrfranView, Microsoft Paint and Photo Editor for graphics editing, conversion, processing, sizing, and labeling
Numenor's AnyGameStarter, for development and testing
SimPE for package creation and optimization
Apart from the pictures of Bottom Summerdream, the beds were staged in StephSim's Furnished Jetsons Apartment
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|sdToyboxBG_wood.zip | Description: Basegame Toybox Recolours with Matches to Cheap Single Bed||1.12 MB||3,095||3rd Oct 2011|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
9 Comments / replies (Who?)
EA Cheap Bed Recolour Fix. - some of these toybox tecolours are matched to the additional cheap bed recolours made available with this fix.