Faun or Satyr Male Fantasy Body (clothes)
I made this mesh and recolor set a loooooong time ago and I just had to put it aside for awhile with all the insane mapping I had to do to get it right. So, inspired by fantasy theme month, I decided to drag it back out and finish fixing it.
Presenting the Male Faun (as clothing)
Female Version Here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/463446
Dress up your Sim for Halloween or in your fantasy themed games for everyday. It comes complete with a set of horns and a little flute that is not playable but stays nicely tucked to your side at all times.
This is a 2-part set, so you will need to download the horns as well as a clothing package - or both if you desire an "accessory" and "Non-accessory" version (unless you don't want the horns in which case you can just download the clothing packages.) Hope that makes sense!
The "no accessories" set has NO flute and NO belt.
Where are they?
The horns will be found under Glasses in your accessories section and the clothing is found under every category. (I know I know...people HATE when creators put the clothing in every category but I figure he should have the option to ALWAYS have faun legs if he's...a faun...right?)
Will they work for your setup?
These SHOULD be base game compatible, and I have all current patches applied to my game so I donít know if they are needed but itís possible. Please let me know if it doesn't work for anyone and I will update it right away. I tried to keep the polygons as low as I could, but this is about the least I could get them to on the body. I have an ancient computer that gets seriously angry at me when I make it work too hard but it is running great when I play this model so should be fine.
The only issue that I can find with the legs, which surprisingly work really nice (that amazes me still-lol) is when he bends, the knee comes up just a bit high. Unless you are looking extremely close and pausing it at just the right moment, you really can't tell at all. Other than that, the legs animate really nice and smooth. Also, unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get him to keep his "legs" when he gets nude so when your sim takes a bath or shower, he defaults to Maxis nude....um...think of it as a special water rule. lol....when a faun gets wet, he grows human legs. LOL..Sorry.
What can you do with it?
Feel free to recolor it, retexture it, or anything you like. Just please credit me for the mesh.
* Milkshape 3D 1.8.5
* Body Shop & * Gimp
* CatofEvilGenius http://stonegod.org/sims2/tutorial/...rial/index.html for her awesome alpha tutorial
* Aikea Guinea http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=38905 because at SOME point forever ago, I used an item to copy the alpha file settings that I use for ALL my sims 2 items in and something of some kind might have still stuck in there :-)
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|Horns.rar||172.4 KB||4,050||12th Dec 2011|
|Male Faun Clothing NO Accessories.rar||1,018.4 KB||3,823||12th Dec 2011|
|Male Faun ClothingWith Accessories.rar||688.7 KB||4,102||12th Dec 2011|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
31 Comments / replies (Who?)
Age: Young Adult Adult
Clothing Type: Everyday Formal Underwear Sleepwear Swimwear Athletic Outerwear
Clothing Style: Fantasy
Other Type: Not Applicable
Maxis Flags: Not Applicable
Outfit Type: Full Outfit